Ram's laxman

By Devagowder

The best pair in ramayan is them.... ram and his lakhan lal and I can never have enough of these two brothers... More

I don't want to win
Ram's anger
Ram's birthday-part 2
Laxman's devotion
Laxman's devotion part 2
Laxman's devotion- part 3
The Princes Return
The Princes Return-Part 2
The unexpected fever
The unexpected fever- part 2
Vishwamitra's request
Princes guard the yagna
Princes guard the yagna-Part 2
Fear?
Fear? (Of losing you)
Another Reckless Move?

Ram's birthday-part 1

2.1K 55 7
By Devagowder

It was yet another beautiful day in gurukul. It was few hours before noon and all the disciples were either happily roaming around or playing and enjoying as there were no classes that day. All but one, he was sitting under a tree, his mind roaming elsewhere.

Our beloved raghunand woke up at sunrise with his usual pleasant smile but the smile disappeared when he turned to his side and found Laxman's spot empty.

Laxman was not a morning person and it usually took lot of effort on Ram's part to get him out of bed and Ram was surprised to see that Laxman has woken up before him, and then suddenly it hit him, he just remembered what day it was,it was his birthday, 'ofcourse my Laxman woke up early to plan something for me', Ram thought with a fond smile.

Just then two arms wrapped around his shoulder and Shartugan voice said ''HAPPY BIRTHDAY BHAIYA".

Ram turned around and hugged his brother placing a loving kiss on his forehead head whispering his thanks, Bharat who had just entered the room after his morning routine joined the hug saying his wishes too.

The brothers sat there for a while holding each other and laughing before Shatrugan noticed Laxman's absence.

"Bhaiya where is Laxman bhaiya"

"Oh he just went to the waterfall with his friends I saw him on my way back to the room" said Bharat

"Waterfall that too with his friends?" frowned Ram.

"Yes bhaiya I thought he informed you before leaving"

"Oh I was asleep, he must have left not wanting to wake me up" said Ram masking his disappointment.

"But why would he leave without wishing bhaiya happy birthday" Shatrugan asked confused.

"As I said I was asleep he just didn't want to disturb me" Ram said more to himself than to Shatrugan ruffling his hair.

The brothers then continued with their usual morning routine.It was almost breakfast when Laxman arrived.

Ram was little upset Laxman had gone in the morning without wishing him, he knew Laxman was not making any plans because if he did Bharat and Shartugan would have been included in the plan. Since they didn't seem to know anything Ram was sure Laxman was not making any plans.

It was almost breakfast time and Ram was waiting at the gurukul entrance for Laxman. When Laxman saw Ram, he ran to him with a beaming smile and Ram's mood immediately changed 'what if he didn't wish me in the morning, here he is, my brother' Ram thought. Laxman hugged Ram with such a force that it almost threw him off balance.

"Bhaiya you wouldn't believe me what I saw at waterfall today, it was that rare kind of bird guru taught us about, it was so beautiful bhaiya, so beautiful that I didn't even knew how time passed watching it......"

Ram didn't listen to anything after that, 'he doesn't remember ' was the only thought in Ram's mind

"....I can't believe I was so lucky today hereafter I'm going to wake up early just to see that bird" Laxman was bouncing on his feet with joy
"Come bhaiya I'm hungry let's go for breakfast" Laxman pulled Ram along him.

Ram gave a smile that didn't reach his eyes and followed him.' Just give him sometime he is so excited with the bird, he will remember after a while' Ram said to himself.

Laxman quickly finished his breakfast and immediately left to the forest saying, he is going to search for that bird.

It has been hours since Laxman left and Ram was here partly worried for his safety and partly upset. 'Surely he hasn't forgotten my birthday right, no no there is no way my Laxman will forget my birthday, but why hasn't he wished me, am I being too strict with him these days, doesn't he love me anymore', there were millions thoughts running through his mind.

Just then two hands closed his eyes,
"Laxman?" Ram removed those hands from his eyes and turned around.

"No bhaiya you were wrong" said an amused Bharat.

"I have brought something for you bhaiya" Bharat said handing him a parchment.

It was a painting of Ram himself during archery lesson, Ram just hugged bharat tight as he couldn't find words to thank him.

"Bhaiya you didn't see my gift" pouted Shartugan clearly upset at being ignored.

Both elders laughed at his antics "I'm very eager to see it shartugan, where it is?", asked Ram pinching his cheeks fondly.

"Here" Shartugan puffed his chest and handed over a clay model to Ram and then jumped to his lap happily.

It was a clay model of the Ayodhya palace. It was not perfect but for Ram it was worth more than anything in the world.

"This is very beautiful Shatrugan" Ram said in awe, Shartugan's eyes shined with happiness and he wrapped his hands around Ram's neck to give a hug and Ram hugged him back and extended a arm towards Bharat who joined the hug too.

It was like this the three brothers sat holding each other Ram couldn't help but feel like a piece to a perfect puzzle is missing, his eyes were still fixed at entrance waiting for his Laxman's return.

After sometime Shartugan left saying he is going to bring something to read, out of four Shartugan was the one who had developed a love for literature and spent most of his free time reading.

"Bharat do you think I'm being too strict with Laxman"

"Bhaiya?"

"Compared to you and Shartugan do you think I'm too strict with Laxman"

"Compared to us, yes bhaiya you are always a little more strict when it came to Laxman. But what brought on this question bhaiya"

"Nothing Bharat I was thinking may be I went too far with him being little hot headed"

Bharat with a soft laugh said"Bhaiya you can never go too far that too when Laxman is considered. You know we are all brothers but everyone with two eyes can see you and Laxman are like two halves of a single soul and practically inseparable. You don't show it outside bhaiya but Laxman is plainly open with his affection.He is definitely little hot headed but haven't you noticed every time he is angry it always about something that concerns you or us and never him.That's why I'm saying bhaiya you can discipline him like he is three year old and Laxman will not complain. The love you share for each other is too deep for anything to be too much"

"I love both you and Shartugan as much as I love Laxman Bharat"

"I know bhaiya and we love you too, but you have to accept bhaiya pushed to a corner we will be able to survive alone but I doubt same can be said about you two. You both simply can't exist without the other bhaiya"

"As if you and Shartugan will be able to do it" Ram said with a smile.

"I and Shartugan will not be happy to be separated but we will survive bhaiya and I doubt if you and Laxman can. I mean he has gone for few hours and just look how upset you are. You have been here all morning eyes glued to the entrance"

"When did my brother become so smart?"

"I learnt from the best" Bharat said with a grin

"Bharat bhaiya I couldn't find the books I need" whined Shatrugan as he walked towards them.

"That's why you should listen to your elder brother when he says to organize your things properly, now don't pout, come I'll help to find" Bharat said wrapping an arm around Shartugan's shoulder and both left and Ram was left alone waiting for his Lakhan lal.

Glossary:
Gurukul:a type of education system in ancient  India with  shishya  ('students' or 'disciples') living near or with the teacher in the same house.

Guru: Teacher

Bhaiya: Brother

Mata: Mother

Raghunandhan: Brave man of the Raghu clan

Lakhan:Another name for Laxman

Lal: Beloved

A/N- I initially planned it as an one shot but now I'm making it two shots. I'll hopefully update second part by tomorrow night. A big thank you to RavalJaydi , I updated the last part long back and totally forgot about the story ,I was not going to continue it. But suddenly I receive a mail saying someone has commented on the story , I ignored the first mail but they kept on commenting asking to update and I had to do it. I'm dedicating this chapter to you RavalJaydi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 1.2K 28
short stories of our fav. ram and priya (AKA Ram and Sakshi).❤️
114K 6.7K 33
What if Karna had strong friendship with Duryodhan as well as Kauravas that they believed him more than Shakuni??!🔥💜 What if Arjun fell in love at...
27.8K 911 14
Just some one-shots about our favourite couple :) Re-posting my write-ups from India-forums. Please Do Vote and Comment. 〈 Ishita x Raman 〉 ✪ Highe...
15.9K 1.1K 13
Story about two ex lovers who met again after their ended relationships. Can they have a second chance for their old love or is it too late? RagLak l...