The Last of Sansora

By CesiraX

Eva is the last of her kind. She is the only one alive amongst thousands of people of her kind. She doesn't e... More

A/N
PROLOGUE - THE IMPERFECT
THE BILLIONAIRE
THE DATE
THE PROPOSAL
THE NEWS
THE KIDNAP
THE BROTHER
THE REASON
THE REALIZATION
THE POWER
THE RESENTMENT
THE RETURN
THE CONDITION
THE DEFIANCE
THE DECISION
THE TRIP
THE OBLIGATION
THE ANNOUNCEMENT
THE FULFILLMENT
THE GRATITUDE
THE ATTRACTION
THE TRUTH
THE KISS
THE GUESTS
THE RAGE
THE ATTACK
THE TRAGEDY
THE SACRIFICE
THE REVIVAL
THE ESCAPE
THE DEFIANCE
THE AMBUSH
THE WAR
THE DEAL
THE LOSS
THE SUSPICION
THE CHAOS
THE DEPARTURE
THE RETURN II
THE CONFESSION
THE RECOVERY
THE DISCOVERY
THE PERSUASION
THE REQUEST
THE SUPPORT
THE CUPID'S VISIT
THE LOVERS
A/N

THE PARTY

98 13 15
By CesiraX

[EVA'S POV]

A huge man with a sword slits the throat of a thousand people. It's a gory sight. There are many lamentations. Houses are on fire. There's a total holocaust....a woman with a child are hiding behind a cart, away from the sword of the relentless assailant. He almost doesn't realize she is hidden there, until the baby wails and gets his attention....

I groan loudly and block my ears with my pillow when the loud annoying sound of the alarm resonates in my bedroom. I let out my hand and slam it off in irritation. That stupid alarm always snaps me out of my dream, making it end on a cliffhanger. I never get to understand anything in that dream.

But forget it... I'm going back to sleep. Not today, devil.

Why did morning have to come so fast? Nighttime was like two minutes ago. I ignore the fact that it's time for me to wake up and sprawl wider on the bed.

"Eva!! Eva, come on, I heard that alarm." I hear the voice of Baxter, my apartment mate. I hear his footsteps as he approaches my bed and pull the sheets off me.

"Go away." I whine, like a child, turning my head away from his blue eyes which gawked at me with disbelief.

"Come on. Today's a big day."

"Of course, because today I'm going back to the diner to work all day, also having to face my asshole of a boss." I snap at him, my voice muffled by the pillow.

Baxter shakes his head in amusement. "No, silly. Today is a big day because we have a party to attend."

I suddenly sit up with a start. "It's today?"

"You've been working too much, you lost count of the days. Today is Saturday, meaning no Mr. Sanchez for 24 hours." he grins at me.

I squeal with glee and get off the bed. A whole day without Mr Sanchez bossing me around was total bliss.

However I was still going to see him at the party today, since his family was throwing it. I was only attending it because his parents are very pleasant and nice, even though their money could buy a quarter of the city. They used to be in charge of the diner before they retired, leaving their stupid ego maniac son in charge.

Also I've invited Baxter to come with me, so this will be special.

Baxter leaves my room to make breakfast as I dash into the shower. Baxter and I met in high school, when I lost my parents and was crying by his locker. He had to console me, my tears ruined his favorite shirt. Since then, we became good friends and even bought an apartment together when we got to college.

Marie, who was also his girlfriend, didn't really mind us sharing an apartment because she thinks of me as his sister. She's a special one, really.

After my parents died at the age of eighteen, Baxter has been my only family, he's everything to me. When he was around, I didn't for once remember that I had no family, no one. No parents, no aunts, no uncles, or cousins, no brothers or sisters. If I had any, I had no idea about them. I was tired of hoping and searching. I've lived a lot of years without them. I only had Baxter. My biological family was wiped out for a reason my parents wouldn't disclose. My life was full of mysteries but I was not the curious type, I didn't care anymore. If my parents didn't tell me anything, it must've been because I didn't have to know. After all, I'm still living like a normal person, aren't I? So I didn't want to care.

After showering and having breakfast, I choose a white spaghetti strap gown, which had the back dip to the lower waist, such that, the whole of my back was exposed in a sexy way.

I looked really beautiful when I put it on. I knew that because of how Baxter glared at me with admiration. He sat me down, helped me with my make up and fixed my jet black hair into a top notch hairstyle. He chose a beautiful necklace and put it around my neck.

"You know, I'm still curious about this thing." he says, moving his finger along the lines of the mark that stretched along my nape. It looked like a tattoo of a dove of some sort, I've had it for as long as I can remember. Probably since I was born. How I got that mark will forever be shrouded in mystery, I chose to ignore it.

"Me too." I say. "I love this necklace. Where did you get it?"

"I got it from sample sale when I went for shopping with Marie. She insisted that I gave it to you." he says.

"It's beautiful. Thank you."

"You look beautiful, Eva." he says, giving me a hand to stand up, and then twirls me around for a 360 view.

I giggle. "You don't look bad yourself, Baxter." I give his tuxedo a long look over. His brown hair was gelled to the side stiffly, his stubble neatly shaved, his sharp jawline standing out, looking incredibly attractive. If he didn't have Marie, I would've grabbed his perfect face and kissed it.

"Stop checking me out, and get your head outta the gutter." he snaps.

"I have the right to admire my best friend's beauty, don't I? I can't wait for Marie to see you looking like all hot and sexy like Apollo."

"Eva..." he groans warningly.

"She'll probably change her mind about going to the party and drag you to the bed..."

"Shut up." Baxter cuts in, blushing furiously. A small smile creeps onto his face. "Speaking of Marie, she'll be picking us up in five minutes. So stop blabbering and get ready."

Marie sticks to her word and picks us up after five minutes. Her car is an old, big black Jeep.

"Hey, did I mention that you guys look hot?" she asks.

"It's all him." I grin, giving Baxter's cheeks and playful squeeze. He swats my hand away.

"Baby, you look really handsome in that tux." Marie says, kissing his hand. "I'll keep you real close."

"You guys!" Baxter laughs. "I don't look that great."

"Oh yes you do."

We pull into the driveway of the Sanchez mansion. I look around and gasp, my eyes widening..

"Okay, I feel embarrassed parking my car amongst these expensive ones. This is humiliating." Marie says, looking around in wonder.

"They really are rich folks." Baxter adds. "Look at the house. Are you sure we're at the right place?"

"There'll be even more rich folks around. I feel privileged to be invited." Marie puts in. "Especially when the Lockmores have been invited as well."

"The who?" I ask, confused.

"Eva, the Lockmores. One of the most popular billionaires in the city, and family friends of the Sanchez family. They own Apexi industries. I can't believe you don't know about them."

"Oh right!! They're the Lockmores? They're the ones in the magazines..." I gasp, getting off the car. Baxter and Marie follow suit.

"I've heard about the Lockmores." Baxter says. "Rich people are overrated."

"Have you seen the successor, Hudson? Believe me when I say he looks like a billion dollars." Marie gushes, as Baxter rolls his eyes.

"Tell me about it." I grab her arm with excitement. "And he's going to be there?"

"Mhm." Marie nods.

"Ladies, you're walking really slow. We'll be late. And I'm still here, Marie. " Baxter retorts.

We show the security guard our invitation card and walk in. I gape at the fabulousness of the mansion. There's slow music at the background, everyone is wearing expensive clothes, talking softly and sipping on wine. Marie and I interlock arms with Baxter's as we walk in, admiring the interior design and baronial party decorations.

So this is what being rich looks like.

Hey there! Vote if you liked this. Share your thoughts if you have any. Say hi if you don't have much to say. All will be appreciated. Thanks 💜💙💛💚

🎵
Song recommendation for the mood:
7 rings by Ariana Grande 👌
Talking to The Moon by Bruno Mars 👌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.1K 3.4K 42
[Book 2 of the Within the Walls Trilogy.] Secrets and lies do not die with the tyrant. With him gone, and the city ripped open, Elle is forced to ven...
2.5K 122 36
Anyone who has grown up in a home filled with volatility and sinister secrets or who has seen it will agree that child abuse is wrong and repulsive...
31 39 45
Two girls, two Soul Animals, and one magical, mysterious world. Christi and Sabrina have been best friends forever. Christi - the quiet, serious in...
2.7K 558 44
Valsea is a place of eternity. There is no time that exists here, nor is their new life that can be born in a place such as this. It is a lonely plac...