Chain || Mark Lee

By mochi729

"If you continue to complain I'll either kiss you or kill you" Gang/Mafia AU Mark Lee X OC Min Yeonmi finds h... More

Chapter One:Pocky
Chapter Two:Lies
Chapter Three:Truths
Chapter 4:Found
Chapter 5:Understand
Chapter 6:No Choice
Chapter 7:Inspection
Chapter 8:Let's Talk
Chapter 9:Brother Problems
Chapter 10:Moving In
Chapter 11:First Mission
Chapter 12:Code Red
Chapter 13:Boy
Chapter 14:Side Effects
Chapter 15:Confusion
Chapter 16:Think Fast
Chapter 17:Irregular
Chapter 19:Out of Love
Chapyer 20:Bye My First
Chapter 21:Oh My God
Chapter 22:Danger
Chapter 23:I'm Fine
Chapter 24:Oh
Chapter 25:Different
Chapter 26:What Comes Around
Chaoter 27:Family is Everything
Chapter 28:Promise
Chapter 29:Surprises
Chapter 30:Calm Down
Chapter 31:Problems
Chapter 32:No Way
Chapter 32.5:Finally
Chapter 33:Seriously?
Chapter 34:History
Chapter 35:Truth Untold
Chapter 36:But
Chapter 37:Backup
Chapter 38:Gameplan
Chapter 39:Back Door
Chapter 40:Final Round
Epilogue 1:All I Need
Epilogue 2:Lucky
Epilogue 3:Together
Epilogue 4:Dream

Chapter 18:Caught in a Lie

13.3K 441 850
By mochi729

It was after school and Felix had gone to his locker. Yeonmi finished early and went to go surprise him at his locker. She snuck up behind him, waiting for him to turn around, but she got a different result. Felix quickly turned around and had a pencil in his hand pointing at her neck.

"Sorry, reflexes,"Felix says before pulling her into a hug.

Reflexes?

Yeonmi hugged him back, but lightly. For some reason his action made her feel uneasy.

"I thought you were Seungmin or Jeongin."He tells her before pulling back to put stuff into his backpack.

"Are you walking me to the car today?"

"I can walk you to the front of the gate. Seungmin, Jeongin, and I have stuff to do after school. I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay. You have things to do, I understand."

"Shall we go now?"Felix smiled at her as he closed his locker.

Yeonmi smiled back, but a little weakly. Felix didn't hesitate to grab her hand and lock their fingers. The two walked out of the school together.

"It's going to rain tonight, so make sure you stay inside, don't get sick."Felix tells her.

"I don't have any plans for tonight, I'll be warm in my bed."

They talked as they made their way to the gate. Occasionally, Felix would whisper something that would make her blush ever so slightly. As the two walked closer to the front gate they saw groups of girls huddling together and whispering amongst themselves.

"You've been wearing your hair up a lot recently."Felix mentions to her.

"Yeah, it's just easier to study that way. I think I've only had it down once these past months."

"You're cute when you have your hair up."

"Am I ugly when I have it down?"Yeonmi jokes.

"No! When it's down, well, it gives a different energy. It's like you're older and more fierce. It's just different, not in a bad way, in a good way."Yeonmi smiles at his words.

When they reached the gate the groups got larger, and they didn't know why. Felix got close to Yeonmi again, and instead of whispering he kissed her on the cheek, and her face flushed redder. Suddenly, Yeonmi froze when she saw something, and she knew what the girls were whispering about, while Felix remained confused.

Mark stood leaning against the gate post, staring right at them. His eyes diverted from their faces to their hands. Yeonmi immediately let go of Felix's hand.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing?"He asked while slowly walking towards them.

"Mark,"she didn't know what else to say.

She heard people running towards them, running she could only hope was the other Dreamies. To somewhat her advantage it was them, and they went immediately to either Yeonmi's side or next to Mark.

"Hyung, let's just go home"Haechan tried to reason.

Mark moved forward once more and grabbed Yeonmi's arm, draggin her away from Felix. She was forced to follow, knowing that if she resisted things would turn out worse. The Dreamies hurried after them, with Jaemin running even further behind after apologizing to Felix.

"You're hurting me,"Yeonmi tried to reason.

She wasn't even being dramatic or trying to lie, Mark had a death grip on her arm. He disregarded her comment, and continued to pull her towards the van.

"Mark, be gentle."Renjun shouted at him.

Mark only let go of her arm when they got to the van. He got into the driver's seat and waited for everyone else to get in. In an attempt to avoid more fire, Haechan sat in the front, and the Dreamies sat Yeonmi all the way in the back; of course with Jisung blocking her view of Mark.

When they arrived at home nobody said anything. Mark had turned malo, and the Dreamies were afraid of what was going to happen next. Mark went into the house first, and the Dreamies followed behind, with Yeonmi at the back of the line with Renjun trying to calm her down.

When she entered the house, she slammed the door shut. Mark was in the kitchen, the Dreamies resided in the living room, and there were no adults around.

"Really?"Yeonmi yelled, her anger finally consumed her.

"You can't just hang out with a boy so casually!"Mark instantly shouted back.

"He's just a friend!"

"Friends kiss each other on the cheek?"

"He's a friend for now!"

That sentence set it all off.

"Absolutely not!"

"And why the hell not?"She shouted back.

"He could be dangerous! Does Taeyong even know about this?"

The other Dreamies couldn't even look at the two as they yelled at one another. Even if they tried to do anything, they would be ignored and Yeonmi and Mark would continue shouting. They each prayed that an adult would come and interrupt them, but that was unlikely.

Taeyong and Jaehyun were in a meeting at Red Velvet's headquarters. Taeil and Ten were at Seasons. Johnny was at the hospital. Yuta, Sicheng, and Doyoung were out getting new equipment. They could only assume Kun was in his room or underground and training.

"Taeyong does know! So does Jaehyun, Ten, Kun, Doyoung, Johnny, and everyone else in this damn house; except for you!"

"So you tell them and not me?"

"Why would I tell you?"

"Because I'm your best friend!"

"Jaemin's my best friend!"

"I'm still your friend!"

"Mark's my friend, not malo!"

Before Mark could say anything her phone started ringing. It was Yeonmi's last words before she ran upstairs and into her room.

"What the-."Mark stopped his own sentence and turned to the Dreamies who were sitting on the couch.

"Mark, she's not fourteen anymore."Jeno tells him.

"With the way she is, she's twelve."

"You've indirectly chased away any boy that's gone near her in high school, and now you're gone; she's free. Let her have some fun, her life can't always revolve around us."Renjun tries to reason.

"She's just hanging out with a boy, calm down,"Haechan adds.

"This isn't malo."Jaemin stepped closer to him and looked him in the eyes, "He's getting protective, possessive almost."

"A little jealousy?"Jaemin asks.

"You guys are being ridiculous."

"He has been on edge these past few weeks."Renjun brings up.

It wasn't long before Yeonmi came running downstairs, already changed out of her school uniform. She had a black dress on, with red heels, and her purse in her hands. She was heading to the door.

"And where the hell are you going?"Mark questioned as she walked past him.

"Yeonmi, come on where are you going?"Jaemin whispered to her

"Should we get Kun hyung?"Jisung whispered to Chenle.

Yeonmi didn't say a word to any of them before storming out of the house.

"As fragile as she may be, that girl's temper is something else."Nobody had time to respond to Jeno's comment before Mark shouted.

"Where is she going dressed like that?"

"Mark, we can just track her phone."

"Kun hyung!"Chenle shouts as he gets off the couch, with Jising right behind him.

"She knows how to turn it off."

"Hmph, whatever."Mark shrugs before going into the kitchen for a snack.

"What do you mean Yeonmi ran out of the house?"They heard from downstairs.

"You've got to be kidding me."

Upon the shout running was heard right after, from multiple directions. Lucas came running downstairs, and Kun came running to the main floor. Aggressively, Kun made his way to the kitchen and grabbed Mark by his collar, shaking him senseless.

"What have we said about being sensible? Where has your common sense gone?"

"So you're telling me you like him? That you're completely okay with her hanging out with him."

"We don't, but we tolerate it for her to be happy!"

"Kun, calm down a bit."Lucas tried reasoning, and Kun let go of Mark.

"You're gonna tolerate her possibly getting hurt?"Mark shouted back at him

The front door opened, and in walked Doyoung, Sicheng, and Yuta. They had crates of new equipment, but they quickly settled them down upon hearing the commotion. It didn't take a genius to figure out their argument.

"Mark! Are you listening to yourself? This is the least we can do for her. Her entire future was stolen because of us. Us allowing her to be normal is the least we can do. If she gets hurt then we step in, we can't just end it from the start."

"Mark, listen you're being ridiculous. She's dating a harmless kid from Australia. Snap out of malo and look at the situation from a reasonable standpoint."Yuta walked next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"They're dating?"Mark questioned, and his expression and voice changed in a second.

"And now we have Mark."Lucas whispered in the silence.

"They're not dating, Yeonmi rejected him, but only for now."Jaemin explains.

The room fell silent, and all eyes were on Mark.

"Something wrong Mark?"Sicheng asked,

"Leave me alone."Mark quickly fled the scene and escaped to his room.

Kun let out a sigh. Doyoung went to Jeno for more details, and Yuta went to check on Kun's sanity. Taeyong would be home in an hour, and none of them were eager to tell him the news.

Eventually Taeyong and Jaehyun came home from their meeting. Instead of going straight home after the meeting they decided to buy dinner for everyone. Everyone had gone into their rooms, and no one was around when they came home. It was a rush once Taeyong called them all down.

Jaemin was the first down.

"Taeyong, don't be mad, but Yeonmi kinda ran out of the house and her phone tracker is turned off."He spat out as if he was rapping, hoping if he spoke fast enough Taeyong would be less mad.

"I know."He said while shrugging his jacket off, completely unbothered.

"You're not mad at any of us for not going after her?"Haechan had barely made it down the stairs before asking.

"She sent me a text, everything is fine."

Taeyong stayed unbothered and made his way to the kitchen. He set the food down on the table and began to unbox it.

"Did she tell you it was because Mark made her upset?"

Taeyong froze at Kun's words, but pretended as if he heard nothing. He replied a simple "no," and continued as if nothing was wrong. Clearly there was something wrong.

She told me she got her first call for a hit, and told me to trust her to do it herself. I believe her on that, but what's this about Mark? I should've figured something was wrong when she told me not to tell anyone.

As the others came downstairs the ones already there started eating. It was only 7, but it was already pitch black outside. With the dark night came the pouring rain.

"She's going to get sick, she didn't have a jacket."Jisung mentions as they ate.

After dinner almost everyone left the main floor. Only Taeyong, Jaehyun, Johnny, and Mark remained. Mark tried to leave but Jaehyun only dragged him back to a chair.

"Care to explain?"Taeyong asked.

"Okay, I don't mean to crash the car yesterday-."

"He's not talking about the car, Mark, and you know that."Johnny scolded.

"You crashed what?"Jaehyun asked, but Johnny only shoved him to shut up.

"I yelled at her and she got mad."

"That's it?"Taeyong calmly asked, knowing there was clearly more.

"'Why would I tell you? Mark's my friend not malo.' She told me that."

"You found out about Filip."Johnny tried comprehending.

"It's Felix, smartass."Jaehyun corrected.

"Mark, I'm not going to tell you how to fix this. I think you know how to fix this."

"Taeyong, I already lost her."

Mark walks away and Taeyong doesn't stop him. Taeyong watched him walk away, as Johnny and Jaehyun were still arguing over Felix's name.

"You didn't lose her, she's just upset."

"Last time Yeonmi was this upset with me she ignored me for a month; which happened two years ago."

"What happened two years ago?"

"Remember that night I told you I was sleeping over a friend's house because it was late and the rain was pouring?"

Taeyong nodded his head. These words made Jaehyun and Johnny shut up, and they all listened to Mark's story.

"It was after you guys hung out for Chenle's birthday, I remember; it was flooding. What about it?"Taeyong asks, wondering where this was going.

"I walked Yeonmi home, and it started pouring. It was unsafe for me to walk home, and unsafe for any cars. I stayed at her house.

Her brother was furious at her and attempted to hit her. Clearly I couldn't let that happen. I defended her, and he backed off after a little.

We went to her room, I looked away as she got changed to dry clothes. She then went to get me dry clothes from a storage room.

I got mad at her for not telling anyone about the abuse. She defended herself with her argument and reasoning. She told me not to tell anyone, but I couldn't.

I told the kids and Lucas the next day, and I told them why she never told us. They all confronted her when we went to school, and since we were on the roof Yeonmi yelled at me as much as she could.

She started hitting me and everything. She didn't want anyone to know, and I went against her words. From then, I apologized everyday, but she didn't talk to me until Christmas."

"Did anything else happen that night you stayed at her house?"Johnny asked.

"We talked for a while, and then we went to bed."

"Did you sleep on the floor?"Jaehyun looked him in the eyes, and Mark stared back at him.

"Don't ask questions if you already know the answer."

"She won't ignore you again, you guys live under the same roof; it'll be hard to ignore you."Johnny tells him.

"I'm going to go to bed. It's been a long day."

At that, Mark left to his room, with the elders watching him leave. The three conversed between themselves for a little before branching off into their respective rooms.

Yeonmi came home at 1am. She walked into the house taking off her heels and running to her room. She had school at 9, and hadn't done any of her homework.

She wasn't in the right headspace. After the hit she got money, and from then she went to have fun. Her head was slightly aching from alcohol, and she was tired.

When Yeonmi got to her room the table lamp by her bed was on, and a figure was sitting on her bed. She held up her gun immediately.

"Get out."Was all she said.

The figure stood up and held a gun towards her, the light behind him making him a silhouette.

"Shoot me, I know you want to."He taunted.

Yeonmi brought her arm down and marched towards him. He dropped his arm as she threw a cloth drawstring bag at him.  She ignored him after that.

She pushed past him to charge her phone. Then threw her gun on her bed. He held onto the cloth bag confused. He watched her movement, but quickly looked away as she started to change.

She has a whole walk in closet, and a bathroom, yet she changes knowing I'm in the room.

Mark's too much of a wimp to look knowing I'm changing. He should know to leave by now, especially if I'm doing this. It's obvious I'm ignoring him unless he does something first.

Mark took this time to open the cloth bag, and he froze at the contents. It was loaded with money. He's seen this amount before, but only from his hand.

"Did you take a hit?"

*In English "Don't ask questions if you know the answer."Yeonmi replied before sitting down at her desk to do her homework.

Mark left through his room, and straight to Taeyong's room. The door opening woke him up immediately, and he turned on the lights from his bed.

"What the hell do you want now?"

"She took a hit, she just came home."

"I know."

"You weren't going to tell me?"

"You didn't need to know."

"If Jaehyun went out on a dangerous job and only told me, wouldn't you want to know?"

"How is comparing Jaehyun and I, to you and Yeonmi the same thing?"

Mark couldn't answer him. He only walked over and placed the bag of money on Taeyong's bed before walking out.

Did I finally get to him?

~~~

"Hyung, wasn't that her? That was Yeonmi."

"All we can do is watch, we can't just kidnap her."

"Isn't she still in danger?"

"The bounty is gone. It's just a matter of who's she with."

"NCT is not a group to be messed with, and their allies are just as strong."

"We're not going to war with them. We'd win, but we're not doing that. Yeonmi is with them for a reason, and it looks to me that she's happy with it."

"Stockholm syndrome?"

"No you idiot, I've done research. She's been friends with their youngest members for a few years now."

"If she's safe, then what's the point of all this?"

"She's family, I need to know she'll be safe. Plus, everything that happened all those years ago, I can't let that happen again."

"Just don't get mad if she refuses to come with us."

"She'll come with us, she might not stay, but she'll come for at least a while. I'm her favorite cousin after all."

"Yeonmi is with them, they've taught her how to kill."

"She's amazing, isn't she? She did it so easily, her target was quite difficult too. I should've selected a better target."

"You gave your own cousin the task to kill a mass murderer?"

"If she was in danger we would've gone in to help, but she didn't need it."

"She got rid of the body perfectly, not to mention she doesn't even have that much blood on her."

"She's a genius, it runs in the family."

"When did we confront her?"

"Just a little more time, and then we'll go see her."

||

Rant of the Day

Anyone else tired of seeing hate on the 97' line for the Itaewon stuff?
Like they went a week before South Korea lockdown, and were at a different location before the first outbreak there.
They all got tested negative for the virus too.
People in Korea really said they were going to unstan Jaehyun and NCT as a whole.
It's 4am where I am and all this is heart breaking.
Jaehyun, Jungkook(BTS), Eunwoo(Astro), Mingyu(Seventeen) deserve better, so yeah fuck dispatch and all their stupid "news"
-Celine❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 41.6K 53
[ENDING CHANGED/UPDATED] "You're the only girl who doesn't fall to my feet and it's driving me crazy." NCT Mark AU Mark x Reader
330K 13K 88
"People like me don't get happy endings." "What if I changed that for you?" What happens when the most feared mafia boss in the world opens up a trai...
2.9M 127K 84
➥ Mafia/Gang au ➥ "I could shoot you dead right here- don't try it."
263K 6.3K 55
He was in a mafia gang, she was an innocent girl. When they cross paths, what would happen? •Mafia/soulmate au. Highest ranking: #1 NCT !! (x5 and m...