Chain || Mark Lee

By mochi729

"If you continue to complain I'll either kiss you or kill you" Gang/Mafia AU Mark Lee X OC Min Yeonmi finds h... More

Chapter One:Pocky
Chapter Two:Lies
Chapter Three:Truths
Chapter 4:Found
Chapter 5:Understand
Chapter 6:No Choice
Chapter 7:Inspection
Chapter 8:Let's Talk
Chapter 9:Brother Problems
Chapter 10:Moving In
Chapter 11:First Mission
Chapter 12:Code Red
Chapter 13:Boy
Chapter 14:Side Effects
Chapter 15:Confusion
Chapter 17:Irregular
Chapter 18:Caught in a Lie
Chapter 19:Out of Love
Chapyer 20:Bye My First
Chapter 21:Oh My God
Chapter 22:Danger
Chapter 23:I'm Fine
Chapter 24:Oh
Chapter 25:Different
Chapter 26:What Comes Around
Chaoter 27:Family is Everything
Chapter 28:Promise
Chapter 29:Surprises
Chapter 30:Calm Down
Chapter 31:Problems
Chapter 32:No Way
Chapter 32.5:Finally
Chapter 33:Seriously?
Chapter 34:History
Chapter 35:Truth Untold
Chapter 36:But
Chapter 37:Backup
Chapter 38:Gameplan
Chapter 39:Back Door
Chapter 40:Final Round
Epilogue 1:All I Need
Epilogue 2:Lucky
Epilogue 3:Together
Epilogue 4:Dream

Chapter 16:Think Fast

12.6K 457 507
By mochi729

Yeonmi woke up with a scream, and shot upright. Her heart was racing. It had been the same nightmare as last night, except this time she didn't freak out. Almost instantly the bathroom door opened.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Mark."

"Well start getting ready. We're leaving in an hour or two."He tells her before leaving her room.

She only held her head in pain. Ignoring it to the best of her ability, Yeonmi got out of bed and went to the bathroom. Luckily Mark wasn't in there, and she was able to do what she pleased. Taking a look at herself in the mirror was the worst decision. There were dark bags from her lack of sleep, and her hair was a mess.

I should ask Johnny for sleeping pills tonight. When did I even go to sleep?

Heading back into her room, Yeonmi changed into a short black skirt with safety shorts underneath, and pairing it with a slightly off the shoulder red sweater. Since it was still cold out, she put on a pair of black knee high socks. Yeonmi went back into the bathroom but with her makeup bag this time.

Moisturizer came first, then came the cushion, concealer, and powder. Because she had time, Yeonmi decided to actually fill in her brows instead of only using a gel. Yeonmi then did a simple eye look. Using only two colors, a glitter, and eyeliner; of course with a little mascara at the end. She lightly contoured her face and put on blush, then used a subtle highlight on her cheekbones. Yeonmi finished it all with using a red lip tint to make a gradient.

Being a bit lazy she kept her hair straight, and only combed through it. As long as she looked presentable, hopefully no one would think she's a mess. The last thing she wanted was for everyone to be worried about her.

Before leaving her room, Yeonmi grabbed a jacket, her phone and headphones, the shoes she wanted to wear, her makeup bag, and stuffed it all into a purse. She also took Xiaojun's jacket that had been washed. She didn't know what time it was, or how long she actually took to get ready.

When she went to the kitchen, no one was there. Yeonmi turned her head to look into the living room, and no one was there either. Checking the entire first floor, nobody was around.

No. There's no way I'm the first one ready.

Leaving her things on the couch, she ran back upstairs. She went to the third floor, the floor with a majority of the older members. She goes to Taeyong's room and knocks on the door. Since it was Taeyong, she couldn't just knock and enter as if it was Jaemin's room. After a second he opened the door.

"You're already finished getting ready?"He questioned while letting her into the room.

"You guys aren't?"

"I need time to look good."

"You're still in pajamas."

"I was deciding what to wear. Within this whole household, you have the least amount of clothes. Not to mention it's nice sometimes to put on makeup."

"Your skin is perfect, I'm not hearing it."

"I have many products."

"What am I supposed to do while you guys are getting ready?"

"Tell me about Felix."

"What?"The question threw her off.

"Tell me about Felix."He repeated.

Yeonmi sat down in a chair as Taeyong tried to pick out what he wanted to wear.

"Well, he's sweet and kind. He knows how to make me smile, and how to push my buttons."

"I mean, tell me about him. His name, a Korean name if he has one, birth date, sign, left or right handed, any allergies, any fighting skills, his social security num-."

"I didn't do a background check on him."

"Felix Lee, or Lee Yongbok, born September 15, 2000."

"Apparently you did."Yeonmi bitterly said.

"Sorry that I did some research on your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend."

"You made all your brothers chocolate, except for Mark, and then you made one for him. He's not just a friend, especially at this point."Taeyong interrupted his own thoughts. "Do I want to wear a long sleeve or short sleeve?"

"Long."

"Yeonmi, did you use to have a thing for Mark?"

His question made her freeze. It took Yeonmi a second to process what he just said. She turned her head to look at Taeyong, and he was just staring back at her waiting for a response.

"Why are you suddenly asking that?"

"It just seemed like there was something. That day you were being followed, it was the fastest Jaehyun ever heard him shout for help. You seemed nervous yet calm around him, and whenever he was malo you seemed to be disheartened by it."

"You're smart enough to know the answer Taeyong."Yeonmi then cleared her throat. "So, should I start making breakfast if everyone is going to take a while?"

"We're eating breakfast at the safe house. I'm pretty sure Sicheng is already finished and in the weapon's room if you want to see him."

Yeonmi nodded her head and excused herself from the room. She let out a breath before heading to the weapon's room. When she arrived, she opened the door and saw SIcheng at the table looking at knives.

Upon hearing the door open he looked up to see who was there. He only smiled when he saw Yeonmi.

"You're wearing a skirt, this is perfect."

"It is?"

"I've been trying to figure out a way for you to carry a blade if you're wearing a dress or skirt, since you wouldn't have pockets. A package came in yesterday, but I never bothered to open it. It's a holster that goes on your thigh."

Yeonmi walked over to the table. There were 22 knives laid out on the table, probably a new set for them. There was a black holster laying next to one of the knives, which she assumed was her's.

"Wear it for the day, surprise Mark with it if he pisses you off."Sicheng laughed as he started placing the knives in individual boxes. "Also, you didn't see these. You'll get it later today, for now put your old knife in there."

~~~

They had been driving for an hour, and they were getting close to the safe house. Yeonmi didn't know what to expect, since it was her first time going. The only thing she knew was that Xiaojun, Hendery, and Yangyang lived there, and that Kun went down there every weekend to be with them.

"We're here!"Jaehyun shouted as he reached a gate.

The gate opened as the car continued driving. They drove down a path and soon arrived at a house just as big as the main house. Yeonmi stared at it in amazement. Jaehyun parked the car in front of the house.

Jaehyun, Yeonmi, Chenle, Sicheng, and Yuta got out of the car and went to the door. The security system worked the same way, except Jaehyun had to do the process twice to unlock the door. As he got the door open another car pulled up.

When they entered the house the space was empty, but only for a second. Xiaojun was at the top of the staircase, looking down at them. He smiled.

"Yangyang, get dressed they're here!"He shouted.

"Shit! You're kidding right?"

"Yangyang did you swear?"Kun ran into the house and up the stairs.

Everyone laughed as they soon heard screaming. They filed into the house, making their way to the spacious kitchen.

"When Jisung graduates can we move here instead, it's so much better than the main house."Renjun asks.

"I'll think about it. Although this house is bigger, there are less rooms. If you guys don't mind sharing rooms it'll be alright."Taeyong responds, "maybe as a treat we'll stay here for the one week Jisung and Chenle have off, and then come back when they have summer break."

"Or you pull us out of school and Yeonmi can home school us."Jisung suggests.

Taeyong, Jaehyun, Doyoung, Johnny, and Jaemin looked at Jisung.

"Think about it! You wouldn't have to worry about us being harmed, we would be at home, you wouldn't have to come pick us up from school, and Yeonmi would have something to do; you know, since you don't want her out all the time."

"Speaking of, where is she?"Renjun asks.

The others looked around the kitchen, just as confused. Taeyong started counting, but of course failed as everyone started moving. Hendery was with them, and Kun was upstairs probably beating up Yangyang for swearing. Although, someone figured it out.

"Where's Xiaojun?"Mark said through his teeth.

"Maybe he's with Yeonmi."Johnny mentions, he instantly turns to Jaehyun and winks.

"She did have his jacket, they probably went to put it in his room."Jaehyun loudly says, then turned to Yuta and Sicheng.

"Maybe he took her to the bathroom?"Yuta suggests.

"Can we eat yet?"Haechan complained.

Mark took a seat, with his tongue pressed against his teeth. Johnny watched him carefully as he also took a seat. Everyone but Taeyong, Jaemin, and Doyoung went to sit down. Kun came down a minute later with Yangyang following behind him.

"Hyung, where's Xiaojun?"Mark asked him as he went to help the others cook.

"In his room with Yeonmi, she's doing his makeup."

They met like two days ago. How close can they get in two days? They only saw each other once!

"Mark, what's wrong?"Johnny asked, already knowing the answer.

"What? What are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine."

A few minutes passed and soon Yeonmi and Xiaojun came to the kitchen. Just as Kun said, Xiaojun came down with a face of makeup. The two of them were smiling before taking a seat. Yeonmi quickly realized that she needed to help cook and got out of her seat.

Her skirt was pulled up a little, two people noticed, but only one was able to do something. Xiaojun reached over and fixed it for her, making her face go red. She quickly thanked him before helping.

"Yeonmi-ah,"Yeonmi turned her head in the direction of the voice. "Your lip tint is messed up, did you know?"It was Ten.

Quickly pulling out her phone, she turned on the camera and looked at her lips. It was messed up. Ten's comment turned heads, and soon she had a few heads looking at her.

"How'd it get messed up?"Mark questioned.

At the comment the older ones smirked, and so did the Dreamies. Everyone was waiting for an answer, and one that would make Mark lose his head.

"I had a cup of water, I guess it came off."She innocently explained.

The others smiled quietly, while Mark let out a small sigh. Lucas turned to him, and Mark suddenly was confused himself. What was he relieved about?

The ones cooking finished making breakfast and the others started cheering. They moved to the dining room, which had a table just big enough to fit all of them. Xiaojun pulled a chair for Yeonmi, which she gladly sat down in.

Johnny, Ten, Yuta, and Taeyong noticed this and manipulated the seating so that Mark would end up on her other side. It was difficult to do, but they managed somehow. Ten even ended up sitting next to Haechan to let it happen.

Mark's mood was different today, and they couldn't decipher it. He wasn't malo, but he wasn't normal either. They all caught up with one another, and Yeonmi and Xiaojun only got closer as they talked. They had more things in common than they thought.

Xiaojun picked up a piece of rolled egg and placed it in her bowl, giving her a smile before eating again. This small action did not go unnoticed by anyone, especially Mark. For some reason it made his eyes roll, and his hand gripped tighter. Jaemin diverted his attention with a joke and some laughter.

All the members looked at each other. Their mission for today was simple. Make sure Mark doesn't lose his mind over Yeonmi, so that they don't lash out at one another. It wouldn't be an easy task, after all both of them are irrational.

||

You guys leave the best comments, thanks for all the laughs and love.
-Celine❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 103K 77
↻ Mafia/Gang au ↻"God you're the best thing that has happened to me I swear."
56.9K 1.4K 40
NCT OT23 Mafia/Gang au Park Jisung Sequel Healed 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍. 𝙷𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍. 𝚃𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚖𝚒�...
262K 6.9K 52
*Mafia au/ Gang au-: Mark scoffed and said, "Touch her and I won't hesitate to become your grim reaper," venom dripping from his tone. - Mature langu...
193K 4.6K 63
"Let go of me" Jiyeon demanded "Not a chance, baby" Jaemin said smirking Viewer warning ⚠️ May include topics of: explicit words, violence, strong...