Shiver Me Timbers [Harry Hook...

Da SarahSolo05

Falling in love with a pirate was the easy part. Happily ever after? That was just the beginning. (You are th... Altro

The Celebration
Remembering
Another Chance
Complications
Meet Harry
First Iteration
First Iteration (Part 2)
The One and Only
An Unlikely Friendship
The Confession
The Mistake
Parlay?
The Kiss
Distractions
Unexpected Visits
What If?
Frustration and Denial
Wondering
Second Iteration
Second Iteration (Part 2)
Unforeseen Interference
The Royal Chat
The Interviews
The Interviews (Part 2)
Puzzle Pieces
Rotten to the Core
Proof
Processing...
Unsubstantiated Assumptions
Non Compos Mentis
The Test
Emotionally Involved
Painfully Uninvolved
Evident Annoyance
Short-lived Excitement
Third Iteration
Third Iteration (Part 2)
Quick Escape
Reunited
The Carpet Ride
The Clock Tower
Close Calls & Curses
Desperation and Hesitation
Confrontations and Explanations
The Control Room
Royally Screwed
The Celebration (Part 2)
Sequel?
Sequel!

The Promise

2.8K 103 105
Da SarahSolo05

You can't see Mal's expression in the picture above - but trust me - it isn't pleasant XD

Your POV

Mal walked - more like charged - up to the ship along with Ben and Evie.

"I'm right here Mal, calm down."

"Calm down?! You've been missing for nearly 24 hours, after leaving with that pirate and you're telling me to stay calm? And why did you change?"

"I needed a change of clothes. They're Uma's - well mine now."

Mal ignored whatever I said. "Where were you all night? Why didn't you come back to the school?"

Harry jumped in. "Mal, you may want to sit down for this."

"Don't tell me what to do Hook."

"Fine - don't say I didn't warn-"

"Stop talking. (Y/N), care to explain what's going on?" Harry rolled his eyes.

"Mal... before you say anything - or start breathing out fire - I need you to understand Harry had no role in what happened to me. It was completely and entirely my fault - and I paid the price for it."

"Go on."

I looked at Evie and Ben as I spoke. I didn't want to see Mal's - probably agitated - face as I explained myself. "Last night it was getting late for Harry to go home, and I had to get back to Auradon. I didn't want him to get in trouble with his dad, so I told him I'd go back myself - I knew the way anyways. This wasn't easy since it took quite a bit of convincing to get him to leave me. As I began walking back, two - well actually three - pirate boys gagged me and knocked me unconscious. Very long story cut short - I got kidnapped, I used a danger code so Harry, Uma, and Gil could rescue me, we escaped with the help of one of the pirates, and now we're here."

Mal remained silent. Evie came over and hugged me. "(Y/N), that must have been so scary! I can't imagine!"

"It wasn't even that bad - don't worry about it."

Now it was Ben's turn. "I had no idea the Isle was still dangerous. I thought that bringing the barrier down would dissolve all that."

"Evidently not," I said.

Harry cut in. "Wait a minute - didn't you put down safety measures for the Isle? Like royal guards and all?"

Ben looked confused. "It's been two days since we brought down the barrier - I didn't have time to get to it."

Harry looked at me. "Didn't you say Ben would have figured this all out by now?"

"Well, I assumed he did, but he never explicitly told me he would."

"That's the only reason I let you go! If I had known there was no security or anything-"

"That's my fault Harry," Ben jumped in. "(Y/N) had reason to think I would have thought about it. A real king would have."

"Ben, come on, anyone could have forgotten." I felt bad he took the blame from me.

"Guys are we forgetting the real issue here? (Y/N) goes off with Harry, and within hours she's kidnapped! Didn't I warn you?"

"I already told you Mal. It wasn't his fault. It was my choice to walk home alone."

"You need to come back right away. I'm not joking. And Harry? Stay away from (y/n) - I won't be so nice next time I need to ask you."

I began feeling lightheaded. This was too much. "I need some air." I began to run to the front of the ship, the part which overlooked the sea.

I heard Harry telling them to lay off. Uma asked them if we could discuss it later. I hope they leave.

I sat on the edge of the ship, with my legs dangling over - the sea far below.

Harry ran over and sat next to me. "Are you okay? Don't let them bother you."

"It's just...a lot. My mind's on so many things I can't take it."

"Well, tell me then. I could help."

"I have so much to ask you. But let me start with the least important of them all amongst this. Johnny and James were talking about something called the "pirate pact"? Have you ever heard of it?"

"Heard of it? It's one of the most important VK agreements made in our generation. It's a set of courtesy rules that guide all the children of pirates and associates. Basically, it tells you what you can and cannot do were you to ever kidnap someone for example."

"Okay, that makes sense. Was Johnny a part of writing it?"

"I believe he was. So was I for a matter of fact. It's not that big a deal to have helped write it. You just need to be literate and have a brain - which is why we know James did not." 

I laughed. "No wonder he seemed to go quiet when Johnny mentioned it. He could have said anything and James would have believed it."

"Exactly."

"One more question about it. Is there anything about a forced kiss not having any value - something along the lines of that?"

Harry began to laugh. "(Y/N) - that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Pirates seduce and kiss people they've captured all the time. It's short of being encouraged. Anyone who actually knows the code would know that. Where did you hear that?" So he did make it up. To protect me.

"Johnny came up with it. To stop James from kissing me."

"Oh."

"Yeah." I stared out into the distance. The sky was a deep red-orange.

"Is something else bothering you?"

"I told you, I'm bothered by a lot of things at this moment."

"No, something bigger. I can tell - something's been on your mind from the moment we rescued you." My heart raced at the thought of telling him.

I took a deep breath. "Harry, I had a dream. It felt so real I could have sworn it actually happened."

He continued looking at me and took my hand - I looked at the water while speaking. "Well, to begin with, when those pirates were kidnapping me, I could still see you at the end of the street. I couldn't make any noise, which is why you didn't turn around. But that left me pretty messed up. I think my dream was just a reflection of that. In the dream, you had come to rescue me - only it wasn't to rescue me. You were behind the kidnapping. You said something about being a lion, and me being a stupid lamb - stupid enough to trust you." I felt hurt just thinking back to how I felt in the dream.

"Isn't that a line from Twilight?"

"It is - but messed up. Anyways, my subconscious is severely disturbed and I don't know why. Ever since - I can't help but feel like it was real."

"(Y/N), look at me. I don't know how to prove it wasn't real, because you have a million reasons to think that way. But let me tell you - you've changed me. You make me want to become a better person. And I know words won't help - but let me show you how I feel."

He began to lean in for a kiss. Just as our lips were about to touch - he stopped himself. "I can't do this. I'm so sorry (y/n)."

"What do you mean?"

"Listen - everything's been going so well so far, and you're the only person I feel like I can talk to about anything. Which is why you deserve way better. I need you to promise me one thing. Promise me you won't fall in love with me - and I'll promise the same to you." Too late.

"I can't do that." Is he crazy?

"Yes, you can. The events of today have proved just why we need to. Sure the kidnapping may not have been my fault - but what about your dream? It may not have been real, but it's believable. As long as I'm the kind of person you could believe would do that, nothing can happen between us. It's that simple."

"The dream says nothing! I have irrational nightmares all the time - they don't mean anything. Please don't end something before it's begun. It's not fair to us."

"It may not be fair, but it's the best thing to do - you know it too. If Mal is overreacting to our friendship, what will she - and the rest of the kingdom - do if something else happens? Plus, it's not like we've already fallen in love or anything. I'm going first. I, Harry Hook, promise to not fall in love with you. Now you go. Please."

I held back tears as much as I could. "I, (y/n), promise not to fall in love with you - Harry Hook." He let go of my hand and walked away - leaving me with an empty feeling.

I buried my face in my hands and sobbed - finally letting it out now that he left. How could he do this? How could he do this after I've already fallen in love?

I finally got to post this chapter - I have so many written ahead at this point, it's hard not posting them all at once! Especially since the chapters to come are some of my favourites... Anyways, have an amazing,  relaxing week! I've been getting so many comments and votes in the past few days, I can't thank you all enough! I'm glad you stuck with this story :)

(BTW - I may start questions of the week again next week - so something to look forward to yay)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

44.2K 1.3K 20
"I've stolen your heart, haven't I?" --- A Willy Wonka (2023) and Y/n fanfiction. Started: 2024-01-06 Finished: -
4.2K 118 9
A force ghost. He didn't know why you kept coming back. It wasn't the first time you had appeared to him. But you always came back when he needed you...
102K 2.5K 14
(Y/n) (L/n). Bit of a street rat if you will. But then she gets an offer of a lifetime.
99.6K 2K 36
I am the daughter of Tinker Bell but grew up on the isle this is my story, and there is a twist of love in it. "The son of Hook Dating the daughter o...