In Autumn

By Kyaeh_

Life can't always be the way you planned or expected. One minute you're happy and joyful the next you're cry... More

Author's note
1. Hunger situation
2. Strawberry and Pink issues
4. It's Nothing.
5. Balls and Pies
6. Situation
7. Heads Up

3. Out at Night

168 23 46
By Kyaeh_

*

*

*

In an empty room filled with darkness, was a figure tied to a chair. I looked closer to see the figure was a boy breathing heavily yet quiet whilst his head facing down. His brown hair, almost black was messy, the blue shirt on his body was covered in dirt with his denim blue pants which were torn partly. It looked like his hands were tied from the back and from his breathing you could tell that he was struggling hard.

The light illuminating the room was coming widows, they were so high almost at the ceiling.

Suddenly, snickers echoed through the walls of the room as two figures appeared. I looked closely at the male figures, the first guy was short yet muscular while the other wasn't as muscular but tall. I was far at the corner of the room where no one noticed me. The guns on their pockets were visibly showing whilst wearing dirty grins as they walked towards him.

"Where the hell is she?" The short man yelled angrily when they looked around the room like they were searching for someone. The grins on their face now turned into a devilish and angry frown.

The boy laughed bitterly as he moved back his head facing the two thugs" She is long gone. You won't get her."

I covered my mouth in shock when I heard his voice as tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. There was no doubt it's him.

They both turned furiously as one ran out of the room and the other started punching and kicking the tied up boy.

I opened my mouth, yelling but no words came. It was like I didn't exist there like I was just watching it and I could not do anything to make them stop. I tried moving but my hands were cuffed together and my legs froze at the spot.

A glasses wall appeared from all four corners whilst moving slowly close to me like it was a box, my legs suddenly start moving and I backed away from it but when the walls stopped, I exhaled in relief and the cuffs finally went off. I felt something dripping down from above and when I looked up, water started showering from the ceiling wetting my entire body. I started kicking the glass with all of the strength in me while my leg started hurting, the water had already reached my waist but fortunately, the glass started cracking. With a small plastered across my face, I used my shoulder to hit it but not before glancing back to the water whereas it was right below my chest and with one final hard punch I impact the glass shattered into bits making the jump out.

Breathing heavily, I scanned the surroundings of the area. Everything had changed, I wasn't in a room anymore because now it looked like I was in a forest, there were tall trees and random bushes with logs and woods everywhere and at my back, was a large water body flowing right ahead. I stood up after a couple of minutes when my breathing was normal and scuttled from what seems to be like a river. It was just me and the creepy howling wind for some minutes, I shivered due to the coldness my body was handling and as a result, to hopefully prevent myself from getting colder, I wrapped both my arms tightly.

Something cracked like wood or stick was been stepped on, I looked around swiftly hearing low growls over the thick bushes, my heart started accelerating, and just then an animal, that seems to be a wolf crawled. Not wasting another breath I took off running even though I knew I couldn't outrun I didn't stop, I quickly stole a glance back and my eyes widened once I saw the pack of wolves that were chasing me.

My voice screamed when I couldn't feel the ground anymore, it took me to to to feel second to realize that I was falling into a black hole. The wind brutality hits my skin making me more worried per second, I looked up a but I couldn't find the wolves so I exhaled in relief at that thought I hit the ground then everything went black.

Almost immediately after that, I reappeared, I felt a tall figure hovering over me, I gawked up as I saw a grown man with a devil's grin on his face. Something poked my head and from the corner of my eyes, a gun was being pointed at my head.

Furthermore, when my eyes looked dead ahead, I saw the same boy as previously tied to a chair. A rain of relief washed over me when I saw him there standing before me. His face was red and bruised, "Let her go, please don't do this."

The man laughed hysterically " Why? So you can escape and get the cops? I don't think so."

My eyes still glued to the boy "Why? Why are you still here? Just go, run, don't stay here. Please get out. If you don't, you might die." My voice was shaky

He looked at me like I've completely gone mad. "Are you crazy? Why in the world would I leave you behind? You are beyond mad if you think I'll go without you." He started moving close.

"Take one step and I'll blast her brains right out of her body" Added the monster.

With a scoff, "Do it if you have guts. What are you waiting for? Pull the trigger" I glared at the monster.

"Hey, don't say that. Nothing is gonna happen." He spoke looking into his eyes. "Let her go right now or I swear I'll—"

"You will what? " The guy Interrupted him.

"Just give Sky to me. Please"He said calmly. I knew he was beyond terrified at the moment and it sank my heart.

The man grins still pointing the gun at me. " I could give her to you" He spoke, "But what would you want with a dead body." The last part which he said made the brown-haired widened his eyes and he looked so helpless whereas the man laughed maniacally.

Whilst making deciding it wasn't my place to die, my leg jolt sideways kicking his leg causing him to fall then jumped on his back and twisted his arm on his back and the boy took the gun away. I pressed his arm till it made a crack sound and he yelled out in pain.

The moment that happened, I jumped into his arms crying. It was him. I was holding him again. He is standing right in front of me, hugging me. He isn't dead, He is still breathing and talking. He reciprocated my hug as he patted my head assuring me everything was fine. I was protecting him just like how he has always protected me.

We both pulled away when he added that we had to run but the moment we pulled, the criminal man was holding another gun with the same devilish grin on his face as he pointed the gun right at him.
The sound that seems to be like thunder erupted when he pulled the trigger. My body jerked up when the bullet left the gun scaring the life out of me. A pang of pain stroked my chest making it hard to breathe. The brown-haired eyes widened as the bullet passed straight through me.

"SKY!!"

Jolting up while breathing heavily yet slowly and giving a five seconds glance at my surrounding, I realized that it was my room. I struggled to maintain calm and keep my breathing under control and fortunately, I did but I wasn't at ease.

With a huge breath that escaped from my lips, I pushed to the edge of the bed, the room wasn't dark as one of the main sources of light was illuminating through my bay window.

Checking the time on my phone, it was 09:07 PM then my fingers ran through my hair and I exhaled a breathe that I don't realize I was holding.

It was just a dream. It was just a nightmare. It's not real. Everything is not real. I whispered to myself . Even after repeatedly saying the mantra, it didn't help at all.

Groaning out loudly, I leaped out of the bed and turned the light on. I walked to the bathroom and closed the door. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I took notice of sweaty my face as like I returned from a gym.

After a quick splash of water on my face, I took a towel and dried my face then my eyes met each other from the mirror.

Well, this isn't helping at all.

Then just take a deep breath.

I've been doing that since I woke up, Genius.

No need to start your rudeness.

I practically rolled my eyes when I walked back to my room, a sleepless and restless feeling ran although my body making me a bit anxious. As I sat on the bay window, The breezy wind crashed on my face the moment I opened the window.

I poked my head outside with a glance at the outside world, I had the urge to go out for a walk. The weather seemed perfect and there was nothing that could stop me.

I know what you're thinking. She is making a stupid decision that could get her dead.

A smile curved on my lips, then I went into my closet and changed into a pair of leggings with a waist-length Navy blue hoodie, my hair was brushed into a low ponytail then I grabbed my phone and then downstairs to grab my walking shoes.

People always call them running shoes but since I didn't run with them, I didn't see the point of calling them 'running shoes', right?

Using my phone's flashlight, I went into the kitchen checking for my pocket Taser which doesn't cause too much damage to a person. I don't wanna risk walking into a dark alley in the night and get killed or chased by a dog into a lake or even get kidnapped by an evil doppelganger..

Trust me it can happen.

As soon as I got it, I tiptoed out of the house just to avoid any sort of noise that could wake up anyone. Upon closing the door silently, I put on an air pods on my left ear and blasted music the slipped my feet into the shoes and my hands into the pocket of my hoodie along with the Taser then headed off.

You know those small things in life that you do that make less meaning to others but it makes you happy out of this world? Like people see it as nothing but it makes you feel like everything is okay?

That's how I feel about walking in calm and quietness. It's best because It's always more quiet, calm, and peaceful. You can call it stupid but in situations where I feel nothing is right or I can't sleep, walking around always help me. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember and as always I've never had a problem with it.

Maya always says I'm being reckless because I most walkout at night but I seriously don't see it.

I mean, What's wrong with taking a long walk through the city with a pocket knife just in case you get attacked, right?

But truth to be told, I've never walked out this late. It has always been either afternoons or mornings but never this late. To half of my luck, only a few people were spotted meaning the fewer humans I could see, the less danger was sensed. I walked along the sidewalk and quietly not wanting to catch some unwanted attention to myself.

I enjoyed the nightly soft breeze that was crashing with my face and the stars were peacefully dancing across the windy sky. I inhaled the scent of soil, like the sweet scent of rain mixed with soil. My body bounced back as I hit something, or rather someone. My eyes immediately open not even realizing they were closed.

I quickly recovered myself from falling as my orbs move straight ahead to the familiar figure standing before me.

*

*

*

Heyyo!!

And for chapter three, here ya go. I am honestly too tired because this chapter gave me slight pain and now I'm officially going into hibernation.

But before I do, I wanna hear your thoughts on the chapter. Who do you think was the figure which Sky met? If you liked it then kindly:

Vote, Comment, and Share.

And while you're at it make sure you're safe at home.

FYI : Ryvre is still pronounced as "River".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 61 19
"i'm scared, I'm scared that if I stay by your side for one more second I'll fall for you." THE DARE THAT RUINED HER LIFE ✓ I stare into his eyes a...
801K 14.1K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
489 18 11
Whenever you saw her, she was always smiling. She never showed an ounce of sadness. Her stories unravel as you get to know her and deep within yourse...
1.3M 66.7K 37
We all have someone who is hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of him, we will always feel a little pain inside, but still we can't for...