3. Out at Night

*

*

*

In an empty room filled with darkness, was a figure tied to a chair. I looked closer to see the figure was a boy breathing heavily yet quiet whilst his head facing down. His brown hair, almost black was messy, the blue shirt on his body was covered in dirt with his denim blue pants which were torn partly. It looked like his hands were tied from the back and from his breathing you could tell that he was struggling hard.

The light illuminating the room was coming widows, they were so high almost at the ceiling.

Suddenly, snickers echoed through the walls of the room as two figures appeared. I looked closely at the male figures, the first guy was short yet muscular while the other wasn't as muscular but tall. I was far at the corner of the room where no one noticed me. The guns on their pockets were visibly showing whilst wearing dirty grins as they walked towards him.

"Where the hell is she?" The short man yelled angrily when they looked around the room like they were searching for someone. The grins on their face now turned into a devilish and angry frown.

The boy laughed bitterly as he moved back his head facing the two thugs" She is long gone. You won't get her."

I covered my mouth in shock when I heard his voice as tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. There was no doubt it's him.

They both turned furiously as one ran out of the room and the other started punching and kicking the tied up boy.

I opened my mouth, yelling but no words came. It was like I didn't exist there like I was just watching it and I could not do anything to make them stop. I tried moving but my hands were cuffed together and my legs froze at the spot.

A glasses wall appeared from all four corners whilst moving slowly close to me like it was a box, my legs suddenly start moving and I backed away from it but when the walls stopped, I exhaled in relief and the cuffs finally went off. I felt something dripping down from above and when I looked up, water started showering from the ceiling wetting my entire body. I started kicking the glass with all of the strength in me while my leg started hurting, the water had already reached my waist but fortunately, the glass started cracking. With a small plastered across my face, I used my shoulder to hit it but not before glancing back to the water whereas it was right below my chest and with one final hard punch I impact the glass shattered into bits making the jump out.

Breathing heavily, I scanned the surroundings of the area. Everything had changed, I wasn't in a room anymore because now it looked like I was in a forest, there were tall trees and random bushes with logs and woods everywhere and at my back, was a large water body flowing right ahead. I stood up after a couple of minutes when my breathing was normal and scuttled from what seems to be like a river. It was just me and the creepy howling wind for some minutes, I shivered due to the coldness my body was handling and as a result, to hopefully prevent myself from getting colder, I wrapped both my arms tightly.

Something cracked like wood or stick was been stepped on, I looked around swiftly hearing low growls over the thick bushes, my heart started accelerating, and just then an animal, that seems to be a wolf crawled. Not wasting another breath I took off running even though I knew I couldn't outrun I didn't stop, I quickly stole a glance back and my eyes widened once I saw the pack of wolves that were chasing me.

My voice screamed when I couldn't feel the ground anymore, it took me to to to feel second to realize that I was falling into a black hole. The wind brutality hits my skin making me more worried per second, I looked up a but I couldn't find the wolves so I exhaled in relief at that thought I hit the ground then everything went black.