Greedy | Jake peralta

By darkhxlland

[Jake peralta x oc] Harper miller is a detective from England who has moved to new York to be closer to her b... More

Cast
Prolouge
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15

1

6.6K 159 31
By darkhxlland

Jake sat in the briefing room not being able to get the "diner girl" out of his head. Wondering if he'd ever see her again.

He was pulled back into reality when one of the other detectives asked him how the case went.

"Yes I did solve the case! So, Santiago, would you do the honours?" He teased.

Amy stood up with a sigh while the rest of the room cheered in anticipation.

"I hate this" she mumbled while she changed Jakes arrest number from 23 to 24 whilst hers stayed at 22.

"I'm winning" Jake shouted "It's a good feeling"

He then stood up and updated the rest of his co-worked about the murder of Henry Morngenthau. 

Jake was sitting at his desk when Amy came over to ask him if he knew anything about the new captain who was about to join their squad.

"No and I don't care, I just wish Captain McGintley never left, he was the best." Jake replies remembering the time him and Rosa played 'Fire extinguisher roller chair derby' fearing that the new captain wouldn't allow that to happen.

Jake then proceeded to make fun of the new captain by saying that he would be a "washed up pencil pusher who's only concerned with following every rule in the patrol guide" then adding "meep Morp zeep... robot captain engaged" in a robot voice.

Meanwhile the new captain was standing behind Jake listening to his every word hiding the fact that he was offended.

"Is that what you think" The new captain said from behind Jake.

"New captain alert. You must be the new co, I'm detective Jake Peralta great to meet you" Jake laughed nervously slightly mad at his co-workers for not warning him about the man.

"No don't let me interrupt, you were describing what kind of person I'm going to be I'd like you to finish"

"That's not necessary" silence was all he received "or I could recap very quickly, sure. Um, let's see, I think I said some joke about being a washed-up pencil pusher"

"Now do the robot voice" Captain Holt demanded.

"Meep Morp... Zarp robot" He said awkwardly while doing the hand actions.

"That was a terrible robot voice, next time I see you if like you to be wearing a necktie."

Holt then proceeded to tell everyone that they will follow his orders and that is to wear a necktie even if the old captain didn't care what they wore.

"Does anybody else get a little bit of a gay vibe?" Gina asked the others. Everyone stared at her blankly. "No? Ok"

»»»

Harper's day didn't get off to a good start either. Firstly she overslept due to the fact she wasn't used to the different time zones yet. Then she realised she didn't have any food in her apartment since she just moved there. All her clothes were still packed in the moving boxes.

By the time she got clothes out she was already half an hour late for her new job.

Deciding to get something on the way there she quickly left the house and drove to work.

She stepped out of the elevator with her pancake in one hand and tea in the other hand.

"So sorry I'm late still not used to the time zones yet" she started.

"That's quite all right, detective Miller I assume?" Captain Holt asked the woman standing in front of the elevator.

"Yes that would be me, pleasure to meet you"

"You can join the morngenthau case with peralta and the others"

"Yes sir"

»»»

Jake came back from the bathroom to see someone new standing beside his desk.

"Hey are you here for a statement to be taken?" He asked.

"Oh no actually I just transferred here" she said turning around

When Jake saw her face he instantly recognised her, it was the girl from sals. An unexpected wave of joy overcame him.

"You're the one from sals last night aren't you?" He asked trying not to seem too obvious.

"Yes" she paused "and you're Jake aren't you? the pie hard fan."

"You're not going to let that go are you? I slipped up"

"My joke was just utterly amazing"

"Sure sure"

"I'm so glad I actually know someone here" she expressed "the captain told me I'll be working the case with you!"

"Great you'll love it it's a murder" he started "well not the fact someone was murdered but working with me"

"Don't worry I know what you meant" she laughed.

»»»

"Okay, so the perp came through the window, left the muddy red footprint, and apparently had sex with the dish rack." Jake informed the rest of the squad.

"She'll casings found here. Two shots, bang bang" Amy stated while making a finger gun.

"Well done detective, you get a tie" he said throwing a tie at Amy.

"Hey that's mine you took it from my desk" Boyle said

"That's right, Charles. Good solve. Tie for you" he threw Boyle a tie.

"Thanks!"

"Everyone be sure to put those on because it's impossible to solve crimes without wearing a tie"

"Lay off the captain that mans going to be my rabbi" Amy said.

"Ooh your rabbi how cute " Harper teased "but seriously a tie what if a Perp grabs it and using the tie to strangle me?"

"Okay first of all when you use the word 'rabbi' you knew that turns me in and that's unfair in the work environment. Secondly, your rabbi is a pain in my ass. And Harper makes a very good point, I'd give you a tie but I ran out"

"Tying to strangle me already peralta?"

"Yeah he's a little too serious what do you think Rosa" Boyle added.

"He seems cool" Rosa replied.

"Yeah he seems cool. I agree" That's when Harper realised Boyle has a thing for Rosa.

They find out the perp stole a watch, a computer and an unnecessarily expensive ham, worth $6000.

"Better contact captain hold and tell him we've got a ten-tie situation" peralta joked.

"Speaking of ties, where's yours, meep morp?" The captain said appearing from behind Jake.

"This is Fantastic, Captain! Hey! Welcome to the murder. What are you doing here?" Asked Jake.

"I like to know what my detectives are up to that okay but you?"

"Yep"

"Take Santiago and knock on doors see if the neighbours heard anything"

Peralta the proceeded to complain about how door duty want necessary and was a 'waste of time' but went anyway.

"So Detective Miller how are you settling in here at the NYPD?" The captain asked.

"It's a bit different than in England sir but I'm managing" she replied.

"That is good to hear"

»»»

The squad all went to a storage where they knew the perp would be. Searching around until they found him.

Harper was parented with Jake.

"So what did you think of sals?" Jake asked her

"It was nice but I can't say it's the best in the area yet"

"Why not"

"Well it's the only one I've had from here"

Jake and Harper found an unlocked door.

"Shhh" they said at the same time.

Once opened the perp, Ratko, pointed his gun at jake.

When he went to run Jake informed him that he was surrounded.

"Oh my god I just got the tie thing, we're a team and it's our uniforms" Jake exclaimed.

"Well done wise guy but how about you tell us later" Harper Shouted.

"We're all included with our uniforms"

"JAKE!"

"It was important to you because you were kept off the team for so long and now you're the coach"

"Jake do that later" Harper said impatiently.

Once the captain told jake he got it, Jake finally arrested Ratko.

»»»

"Hey jake well done today" Harper said.

"Why thank you Harper" jake thanked.

"No problem loser"

"Loser really that's just harsh"

"Whatever" she shouted while walking away.

"So jakey boy what was that all about?" Charles asked.

"What do you mean?" Jake asked.

"Oh you know" Charles retorted "you know"

»»»

So first official chapter, sorry I know it's basically a replica of the episode but it'll get there, sorry for any mistakes But hey I'm the only one who reads this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 449 16
𝐿𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒, 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑔𝒶𝓏𝑒𝓈 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓁𝑒𝒻𝓉 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇'𝓈, 𝓈𝑜𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓊𝓅 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒻𝒶�...
83.2K 1K 13
I've become obsessed with Brooklyn 99 and I like Jake and there aren't enough Jake imagines on Wattpad. Requests: OPEN I am still writing, I just tak...
38.9K 955 29
A Brooklyn Nine Nine Fan Fiction ><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< Jake Peralta has been in a good place genuinely. But when one of his cases comes back t...
1M 23.3K 86
Detective Y/N Y/L/N, a talented and adventurous cop with the best abilities, has been away from the Nine-Nine working undercover. Now being back Rosa...