How To Steal A Heart

By NightTime_Storiexs

Highest rankings: Frenemies: #1 (2nd May 2020) Charming: #2 (19th July 2020) Follow my Instagram for any upda... More

Driveway
Air mattress
Shopping cart
Reunion
Step one
Home alone with you
Group date
Step two
William
Hide and seek
Hike
Basorexia
Paint twister
Too close
Memories
Ryan
Aggravating
Bad influence
First date
Chasing
Blamed
Charlie
Movie marathon
This summer
Moving out
Pool day
Miami
Exhausted and upset
Cut short
Love?
Regret
Break it
Laundry disaster
Grounded?
Alone
Secret
Eve
A/N
I love you
Epilogue

You've got to be fucking kidding

9K 299 195
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter thirty-six: You've got to be fucking kidding (Madison's POV)

"Mads, I'm trying here, okay? I'm trying to make it up to you for what happened in Miami. But don't blame me for what Julia did!" he reasoned. He was right in his place but I was right in mine too. Clearly, she was more than a fling in New York, he never told me about her. 

"You lied to me, you told me you didn't see anyone when you were in New York," I rolled my eyes. 

"I didn't! We didn't date!" He defended himself. 

"Right, right, you two just casually hooked up," I shrugged. 

"Madison, you have every right to feel hurt and act out, but you're crossing a line here, okay?" he towered over me. The doorbell rang and we both ignored it, continuing our argument. 

"I'm crossing a line? Jacob, you lied to me about meeting someone in New York, you didn't say the words back to me, in fact, you made it pretty clear you didn't feel the same way at all. I've had one of the worst days possible, okay? Why don't you just let me be?!" I snapped. 

"Don't take out your anger from the day out on me! I didn't know she was coming here, I didn't know Julia told her that I lived here with you now, I didn't even know she was still hung up on me because we never did anything. She had a stupid little crush on me, Madison!" he explained. 

"You are going back to New York, so why are we fighting when we already know what's going to happen?" I sighed in defeat. I'm too exhausted for this and the constant ringing of the doorbell was pushing me over the edge. 

"I'm not fucking going back to New York! I don't know where she got that, but I am not leaving. Do you hear me?!" he yelled. 

"Shut up!" we yelled in sync while turning to glare at the door. I went to answer it with a huff and saw Brooke. 

"Hey," she smiled at Jacob. She had a suitcase with her. "Julia said I'm supposed to be staying here so... Where am I crashing?" she chuckled. 

You've got to be fucking kidding me. 

"Oh, no. Brooke, you're not staying here," Jacob shook his head. "You're not staying here, we're not hanging out anywhere, we're not going to the movies or getting ice cream, we're not happening. I don't like you. I'm sorry. And you know that nothing happened between us New York. I'm not coming back there. Thank you, goodbye," he slammed the door in her face. "Happy?" he asked me blatantly. 

"Very," I smiled sarcastically before going up to my room. I headed straight for a shower. I need to catch a breath. 

As I felt the water droplets running along my skin, I started crying. Crying in the shower is the heaviest kind of cry. That's when you're going through some shit. I calmed down and wrapped a towel around myself, walking out to get the clothes that I didn't bother bringing inside with me. 

I opened the door and of course, Jacob was right there. "What now? You aren't done arguing with me? You wanna argue more? Go ahead, be my guest because I-" he cut me off when he grabbed the back of my neck and kissed me, backing me up against the towel. I was trying really hard to not kiss him back but I gave in when his arms went around my waist and he bit my bottom lip. 

I pulled away pretty quickly and pushed him off. "What are you doing?" I asked in confusion. He didn't respond. He didn't say anything at all, just stood there staring at me. 

I wanted to kiss him so badly, but this isn't good for anyone. 

"Come here," he nodded. 

"No," I chuckled humorlessly. 

"Madison Coleman, come over here," he said sternly. I clenched my jaw and huffed while walking closer to him. He didn't do anything for a second but then he hugged me. Tight. And I broke down. 

Call me a cry baby if you will, but it was a lot for me. My parents left, my boyfriend doesn't love me back, he's the first I've ever liked this much, let alone love. He is the first person I've loved so much and he just broke my heart. 

"Madison?" he asked after calming me down. 

"What?" I sniffed while pulling away to look at him. He looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't. 

"Nothing," he shook his head. "Go change," he nodded at me. 

I huffed while going into the bathroom and throwing my pajamas on. I wanted to just disappear for a little bit. I was tired, I was sleepy, I was exhausted. I brushed my hair slowly, even the weight of the hairbrush felt like it was too much. I sighed once I was done and opened the door and Jacob was still standing there. His phone was ringing in his pocket but he was ignoring it. 

"Aren't you gonna answer?" I asked in confusion. 

"She's already called thrice in the last ten minutes. She's mad I didn't let Brooke stay here," he scoffed. 

"You could've let her stay," I shrugged, my voice soft. I sounded fragile, almost weak and I didn't like it but I couldn't help it. 

"No, I couldn't," he disagreed. 

I have never felt so insecure. 

I was suddenly aware of every single flaw I had. From the dimples in my back to the scar on my ankle from when I was a kid. 

"And I didn't want to anyway," he shook his head. 

"Why?" I asked while crawling into bed. 

"Because I'm not fucking stupid. I have a girlfriend, Mads," he gave me a pointed look. 

"Well, it's not me," I sighed while pulling the covers up. "We took a break," I reminded him. 

"I didn't agree to it so no, we didn't." He came and stood in front of me. "You are still my girlfriend," he sat down beside me. 

"Why? You don't even love me," I mumbled while my eyes fluttered shut. 

He sighed in frustration while standing up but I grabbed his hand. "Shut up and get back here," I groaned, pulling him back down. "I'm still mad at you but you play a good pillow," I hung onto him, wrapping myself up around him, my legs tangled with his as I dozed off. 

~~~~~ 

I woke up to an empty bed. Well, it was good while it lasted. I sighed while standing up and going to my bathroom to freshen up as usual. Once I did that, I went downstairs to see Jacob bringing Charlie and his stuff in. 

I gasped before running down the stairs and taking him from Jacob. "I went and picked him up this morning," Jacob sighed while setting his stuff down. 

"You could've woken me up. I would've come with you," I said while sitting on the couch while hugging Charlie, kissing him as Jacob sat down beside me. 

"Do you want breakfast or something?" he asked hesitantly. 

"If you don't mind," I shrugged. He was making us hashbrowns when the doorbell rang. I went and got the door to see Julia. 

She stormed right in, looking for Jacob. "Why didn't you let her stay here?!" she yelled while throwing her phone and keys down on the counter. 

"Because I didn't want her staying here," he shrugged while turning around. "You sent her here without telling me, thinking that if she just shows up I'll just let her stay but I am so sorry things didn't go how you planned, try harder next time," he shrugged at her smugly. 

"I seriously don't understand what your problem is," she scoffed while shaking her head. 

"My problem? You told her dad that she was seeing someone which you had no right to do," he glanced at me, "You brought Brooke over here without telling me that she even in town, and I'm sure you're the one that told her that I'm moving back to New York after the summer even though I'm not and you know it!" he snapped. 

She looked down at the counter and stayed silent. "Brooke likes you and everyone thinks you two would be great together," Julia reasoned stupidly. 

"I don't give a shit! I don't like her! I don't understand you, Julia. You wanted to move out, you did, you were gone so I don't understand why you're trying so desperately to just get involved in something that is none of your business and just ruin everything for everyone," he turned his back to her and got back to cooking. 

I felt I shouldn't be there so I began heading to the backyard but he called out my name. I turned around and he was holding my plate out for me. 

"Thanks," I said quietly. I was looking at him and he really did not want to talk to her anymore. I nodded slightly. "Julia, get out," I huffed. 

"Excuse me?" she scoffed. 

"Get out of my house," I repeated. 

"Now you call it yours, huh?" she rolled her eyes. 

"It's mine, it's Nick's and it's Jacob. Bottom line, it's not yours because you left."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter thirty-six

Vote n comment <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 57K 51
Highest rankings: Chicklit: #1 (11th May 2020) Soccer: #1 (21st June 2020) High school: #6 (22nd August 2020) Crush: #27 (22nd August 2020) Follow my...
1.5M 53.1K 54
Highest rankings: Break-up: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche romance: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche: #1 (11th May 2020) Cheesy romance: #2 (20th May 2...
1.7M 9.2K 8
Highest rankings: Teen humor: #1 (23rd July 2020) Cheesy romance: #1 (11th May 2020) Cliche: #1 (22nd May 2020) Teen romance: #1 (18th June 2020) Hig...
620K 18.2K 46
-COMPLETED- Eighteen year old Anna Jacobs moves back to her hometown with hopes of returning to her old high school and finishing out her senior year...