StarCrossed

By hauwwahhh

Airah is spoilt, pampered but she still is a good girl. After graduating from school she wants nothing but t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not a Chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
COVER
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
READ PLEASE
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
New Story Alert
Us against the world Chapter 2
New Story Alert

Chapter 37

2.2K 325 17
By hauwwahhh

Unedited

The house was filled up to the brim. Chatters, happy chatters all over the place. Everyone adorning his or her face with a smile befitting the happy occasion.

It was almost time for the wedding Fatiha, the Ahmad's residence was already decorated and canopies had been set up already with mats and carpets spread. Guest were already trooping in as they waited to witness the tying of the knot.

"Areef, you have to relax you are all sweats." Nazeer said trying not to laugh.

They were in the car driving to the Ahmad's for the wedding fatiha. Areef was as nervous as any groom.... May be a little too much.

"We are going to be late if you keep on driving that way. Mahmud step on it, I can't be late to my own wedding!" Areef couldn't help but bellow.

They rolled their eyes at him as Mahmud kept on driving at his pace.

"You know I'm perfectly fit to drive right? If you don't step on it I'll take over that steering wheel."

This time they all loud out frustrating Areef the more.

They arrived just in time. Areef's uncles were already there. The Imam to do the Fatiha was there too. Abba's guest were seated to. Later on Abba cane out with a brother of Ummee.

In no time everything was done, the dowry paid and Airah was married to Areef. She was now Mrs. Airah Ridwan Kasheem.

A little reception was to be held at Airah's uncle's residence so they headed there. Well except for Areef as he insisted he had to go see his bride. They asked him to call her now then they can go later but he wouldn't budge.

******************

Airah was seated as the make up artist was working on her face. She was all jittery knowing anytime from now she'll be Areef's property.

As time ticked by she kept glancing at her phone. She was anticipating his call but it never came.

The artist was done and was tying her headgear when Amal barged in.

"The groom is here! It's official! Miss Airah Ahmad Maifata is officially Mrs Airah Ridwan Kasheem!"

The whole house went crazy with celebration. Airah felt her heart rate increase. She was no longer under the care of her parents but Areef now. She is now going to start living without her parents in her own house with her parents. "All is well, all is well, all is well. Alhamdulillah alhamdulillah alhamdulillah." She kept on murmuring like a mantra.

"Mabruk Airah...may Allah bless your union." People kept on saying to her.

Deedee came in and went straight to her she hugged her so tight and Airah hugged her back Amal joined them. Airah felt tears threatening to fall.

"Not so fast Amarya (bride), you can't spoil my handiwork without the groom seeing it." The artist said making them laugh as they let go for f each other.

An off-white stoned veil was draped on her contrasting tge deep ash lace she was wearing.

Her friends took some shots before Amal reminded them that the groom is getting impatient to see his bride.

They covered her face and helped her to the living room where Areef was impatiently waiting.

The yodelling was what they heard first before doing them. Areef was on his feet as soon as he spotted Airah. Kabeer had to drag him down forcefully.

Airah was sat down by his side. As soon as she was seated Areef in front of her squating on the carpeted floor.

Her friends and his friends had their phones out capturing the moment.

With shaky hands Areef raised the veil above her head. Airah felt so shy with the audience as the my cooed and awwwed.

She tried to cover her face with her hands but he caught the hands his eyes running all over her face.

And then he hugged her. Their little audience went wild. At first Airah was taken aback before relaxing and hugging her husband back.

Areef stood them up still hugging his wife. His mouth directly on her ears he murmured to her softly.

"Hey beautiful, thank you for being my wife."

She smiled at his words. Just as she was expecting him to let her go he hugged her even tighter. She allowed him knowing she felt to safe and secure in his hold and it was halal in every which way.

He finally Let her go. They took tons of pictures with their friends and the family there. Areef and his entourage left for the reception while The bride's entourage headed for the Ahmad's residence.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Amrah!! " Ruwaida squealed as soon as she opened the door for her.

Amrah smiled at her as she gave her a short hug.

Ruwaida led her into the small house. Amrah was already looking around the house judgingly.

She sat down on one of the three cushions in the living room as Ruwaida disappeared into a door. She came out with a tray of snacks - traditional wedding snacks- and a bottled drink.

"You have no idea how glad I am you came over. I was thinking what I'll be doing all day all alone In this house. "

Amrah gave her a grin. "All alone? I thought you came with your husband. He's not here? "

"He actually came for business and a course that will last 3 months that's why I tagged along. So he had to meet up with some people today he went out since morning. " Ruwaida informed her.

Amrah scoffed in her head as she murmured 'wannabe'.

They chit chatted a bit and when the atmosphere was getting a bit awkward Ruwaida had an idea.

"You have to check out this wedding event. My husband's boss is getting married, I think the wedding should be today." she said as she went to get her laptop.

Amrah waited for her but for some reason her heart began pounding.

Ruwaida was back with the laptop. She switched it on opening YouTube.

As soon as she clicked on the video the opening text almost gave Amrah a heart attack.

AREEF WEDS AIRAH

amrah's eyes bulged. As she saw Areef and the veiled bride being ushered in by their friends.

"When was this?!" She boomed at Ruwaida.

"Amrah are you okay? You are looking so pale."

Amrah felt like smacking her in the face.

"Ruwaida I asked when was this?"

"I told you the wedding is today. This was uploaded yesterday so I guess Yesterday. What's wrong? You are freaking me out."

"No no no. This can't be. This shouldn't be. "Amrah kept muttering as she picked up her bag and made for the door like her tail was on fire.

Ruwaida was left seating on her couch dumbfounded.

Amrah stormed into their house.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! " Her mother was the first to come out to see why her daughter was calling after her father that way.

"Amrah are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Mommy he's marrying her. He's marrying her not me. " She said crashing into her mother's arms.

Her mother was confused but she tried to console her as she sobbed saying incoherent things.

Her father met them like that. As soon as Hajiya Halina saw him she threw questioning glances his way.

Sensing his presence Amrah turned and went to him.

"Daddy he's still marrying her, after everything she's still getting him instead of me. Daddy you have to do something. " she carried on blabbering.

Seeing no look of surprise on her father's face she stilled and looked at him again.

"Daddy, you knew? You don't look surprise. Did you know about the wedding? "

He held her hands looking at her pitifully. "I figured it was for the best Amrah, I didn't want to see you hurt. It's time to give up Amrah. "

Like his words had shocked her she flinched away from him.

By now her mother was watching them like a show. She was completely lost on what they were talking about since they had made her an outcast in their affairs all this while.

"How could you! Is this the love you claim to have for me daddy? What happened to my happiness being your priority?" She questioned her eyes full of detest.

"Amrah he's your father mind the way you talk to him!" Her mother warned.

She threw her mother a glare.

"Look Amrah, I was looking out for you. You are too precious to lose yourself over a boy that wouldn't look at you twice. There are many other good men that will fight over you my darling. Let go of that boy. "

It was now her mother caught on to what was happening. She remembered daddy receiving the wedding invite but told her to refrain from telling Amrah anything about it.

"Daddy, I can kill for Areef you know that and I swear no matter what I must make Areef mine. " she said as she made way to her room.

Just as she was about to enter her room she turned to her father.

"And I regret trusting you to get me my happiness. You never had my best interest at heart. I hate you. " she went into the room banging the door.

Hajiya Halima wanted to follow her and give her a piece of her mind but daddy stopped her.

"Don't Halima, it's all my fault. Blame this on me. I was blinded by my love for her I didn't see I was destroying her. " He burst out crying.

His wife although seeing his fault in the way their daughter turned out die to his pampering sympathized with her husband because no father deserve this from his own child and if only she had tried a little harder her daughter might have turned out better if not different.

She dragged her husband away to their room where he wept like a child. As regret washed over and over him.

Hey guys.... How are you all... How's the lock down and every other thing. Hope you all are staying safe. Ramadan Kareem to you all in advance.

I had to write this chapter and as you can see there's a lesson here.

As parents, we are tasked with moulding our kids future. Not their success or failure but how your child turns out morally.

It is absolutely necessary to love our kids unconditionally at the same time we must be strict enough to them to show them What is right and wrong, to teach them that the world is not a bed of roses, you don't always get what you want. To teach our kids there's a difference between what they want and what's best for them.

To teach our kids that we are not fairies or genies that can grant them any of their wishes.

I hope this was beneficial.

See you next chapter. With more of the bride and groom.

Read
Share
Comment
Vote.

Stay home stay safe 💞💞💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 5.1K 39
The first time she saw him was at her sisters wedding and she couldn't stop thinking about him. Now she is madly in love with him. But will he love h...
380K 43.3K 50
Humairah was a very innocent girl but things drastically changed when puberty knocked her door. She found herself in a strong dilemma, she must now m...
20.3K 1.1K 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...
86.2K 6.9K 42
He bent his head and spoke into my mouth, his lips hovering over mine, but not kissing me "If you know how hard I'm trying to control myself, you wou...