Waiting for you

By frozenhurricane

Written by Aisha and Rachel :) Starts at the Strigoi attack. No kidnapping of Eddie, and Rose and Dimitri nev... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 5

748 8 5
By frozenhurricane

Chapter 5 GTPOV

Harry awoke bright and early the next morning and reached for his glasses.

The dorm that Harry usually shared with Ron, Neville, Dean and Seamus had

been magically expanded to make room for three other beds containing

Christian, Eddie and Adrian. Harry glanced at his watch, put on his clothes,

pulled on his robes and went downstairs. Sat in front of the fire, like she was

last night, was Rose.

"Hey." Yawned Harry as he sat in the squishy armchair next to her.

"Hi." She smiled at him.

They sat in a comfortable silence and waited for the others to join them, but Harry took this opportunity and looked at her. She had changed, not much, but it was still noticeable. There was something in her eyes that just made her seem more...sensible and responsible, she was in pain.

Her long dark brown hair hung down past her shoulders and her olive coloured skin was flawless. She didn’t hold herself up as much as she used to. She used to radiate confidence, she still did, but it wasn’t as strong. Beautiful, she was beautiful.

Soon the others had joined them and they made their way down to the great hall to have breakfast.

They sat down together and Ron began to help himself to food straight away.

“Do you ever stop eating, Ronald?” Hermione asked.

“Hey! I’m a growing boy!” He exclaimed through a mouthful of food.

“A boy? Not a man?” Rose asked, teasing him. Everyone on their table burst out laughing as Ron turned bright red.

Just then Professor McGonagall came and handed the new students their time tables.

Rose and Lissa groaned.

“What?” Christian asked. He and Lissa were having a minor argument about trust.

“We have potions.” Rose replied.

“And that’s bad because?” Asked Eddie.

“We have it with the Slytherins! Every witch and wizard that has gone into that house has turned out to be evil! Well, apart from Anastasia Knight, she’s actually quite nice.” replied Rose.

“But we also have it with Snape.” Sighed Lissa miserably.

They finished their breakfast and then made their way to the dungeons.

“Well well well, if it isn’t Hathaway and Dragomir, where did you go? Azkaban?” Sneered a cold voice.

“Malfoy.” Rose spat between clenched teeth. “The blonde ferret. I missed you.”

“You did?” Malfoy asked surprised.

“Yeah, I had no-one to beat up, well I did, but it just wasn’t as fun. I enjoy seeing you in pain.”

“Stay away from me freak.” He turned to go, and then looked back. “Good to see you again Dragomir.” Then he walked into the classroom.

“Who was he?” Asked Christian.

“He's Draco Malfoy. His father was a governor of this school. He’s a pure blood, thinks he’s better than everyone else because of that. Lots of pure bloods think that because their pure bloods it gives them a higher status than everyone else. They hate muggle born’s-”

“Muggle borns?” Eddie interrupted Ron’s rant.

“Its a witch or wizard who have none-magical parents.” Hermione put in.

“Anyway, they hate muggle born’s, and some even go as far as killing them, for fun.”finished Ron.

“That’s just sick.” Eddie exclaimed disgusted.

Everyone murmured their agreements and went to sit down.

Harry sat next to Ron, Rose next to Adrian, Lissa next to Christian, Mia next to Eddie and Hermione next to another Gryffindor student.

“Good morning class, today we are going to be studying and learning about the Draught of Living Death, write down the title and the date. Copy down what is on the board.” Snape waved his wand at the board as he came striding into the classroom, and writing appeared.

“Can anyone tell me what the Draught of Living Death is?”

Rose put her hand in the air and Snape turned towards her.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Miss Hathaway, someone I hate almost as much as Potter.”

“Good to see you too sir.” Rose called out in reply.

“Five points from Gryffindor.” He called out.

“What! Why?” Ron yelled out.

“Tut tut Professor, you’re not allowed to deduct points because of your personal feelings remember? Me, you and Professor Dumbledore had this conversation already, two years ago in fact.”

Snape’s mouth curled up in distaste.

“I took points away for you speaking out of turn, Hathaway. Now tell me, what is the Draught of Living Death? Anyone? No?”

“Please, Sir, The Draught of Living Death is an extremely powerful sleeping potion. It sends the drinker into a deep trance that mimics the state of death.” Hermione stated, as if reading it out of a textbook.

“Another five points from Gryffindor for calling out.”

The rest of the lesson went by slowly, nothing interesting happened until Neville spilt his potion.

“Longbottom! Do you like detentions? You have a weeks’ worth, added on top of the week that you already have!”

“It wasn’t his fault professor and you know it!” Rose yelled angrily.

“Would you also like to join Mr Longbottom in detention?” Rose stared at him. “No, I thought not, now get back to your work.”

“No. Give me the detentions instead on Neville.”

The whole class sat in an astonished silence. Amazed at the sacrifice Rose was making for Neville. Professor Snape looked around the class and sneered.

“Very well, you and Neville have a weeks’ detention, Mr Potter, you may also join them for making rude remarks.” He added to Harry, who was insulting Professor Snape under his breath. Harry scowled, but didn’t complain, knowing it would only make matters worse.

The rest of the class was spent in silence.

“So Hathaway, why’d you stick up for Longbottom? Got a little crush on him?”

“Piss of Malfoy.” Rose grumbled.

“Why? So you can have alone time with Longbottom?”

“Look out Malfoy before I lose my temper!”

“What are you going to do? Punch me?” He laughed, and his cronies were in hysterics.

Harry saw something in Rose snap. A sudden darkness seemed to flash across her face, and he wondered what had brought it on. He had to admit that Malfoy was an annoying frog, but Rose never used to get so angry so quickly.

“Rose.” Adrian said warningly, a restraining hand on her arm, but she shrugged it off, pulled back her arm and snapped it forward so it made contact with Malfoy’s jaw. There was a loud crack and Draco fell to the floor screaming in pain.

“What is going on here?” Professor McGonagall’s voice reached them and they all looked up. She saw Draco on the floor and ran over to him.

“Who did this?” She asked, anger laced her voice.

“I did, Professor.” Admitted Rose.

“Fifteen points from Gryffindor. Crabbe, Goyle, take Mr Malfoy to the Hospital wing please.” They took him away and Professor McGonagall gave Rose a disapproving look.

“Why?”

“He provoked me, Professor.”

“Don’t do it again Miss Hathaway or there will be serve consequences.” They nodded in understanding.

“It’s good to have you back though.” McGonagall nearly smiled, which was extremely rare for her, and carried on down the corridor.

After potions they went to Herbology, which they had with Hufflepuffs. Professor Sprout was generally happy that Rose and Lissa had returned.

At lunch they all ate together.

“How has your day been so far? Do you like Hogwarts?” Harry asked Adrian.

“Yeah. Its an amazing place, and besides, I’m happy as long as I’m with my Little Dhamphir.” He said and put his arm around Rose. She just laughed and rolled her eyes.

“Are you two...together?” Hermione asked curiously and something raged inside Harry. Adrian looked at him confused, noticing the sudden flash of annoyance cross Harry's face.

“No, he’s just a flirt.”

The rest of the day went by quickly and was full of laughs and smiles. And they went to bed that day felling on top of the world despite the knowledge that danger was coming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 1.5K 18
I do not own any rights to the Vampire Academy series that all belongs to Richelle Mead. This is a Fanfiction from the books. This all takes place af...
44.5K 1.2K 20
"You're dead, Potter... I'm going to make you pay..." Draco swore his revenge on Harry for Lucius's imprisonment, and Harry all but laughed at him...
178K 3.8K 26
Demetria Lauren Evans Snape, had found out she was a wizard at the age of 10, she knew she'd been adopted her whole life, but finding out she's a Wiz...
107K 3.1K 70
{Completed.} *Rose's POV* "Rose, Rose, wake up!" "Leave me alone Ron! It is five in the morning, go back to sleep." Cover by @leethalxoxo It was curr...