Gone and Forgotten - Spinel x...

By CrystalUniverse_

Y/N has lived with Steven and the Crystal Gems for most of his life. All it took was one day, to change his l... More

Chapter 1 - An Emergency
Chapter 2 - Here We Are
Chapter 3 - Who are you?
Chapter 4 - Your New Best Friend
Chapter 5 - Hijinks Will Ensue
Chapter 7 - The Garden
Chapter 8 - Change (Finale)
Episode 1 - Homeworld
Episode 2 - Nightmares
Episode 3 - Unexpected Events
Episode 4 - Departure
Episode 5 - Loss
Episode 6 - Something New
Episode 7 - Reunion
Episode 8 - Trauma
Episode 9 - Training
Episode 10 - Date Night
Episode 11 - A Thought
Episode 12 - Friendly Help
Episode 13 - Lets Play a Game
Episode 14 - Diamonds
Episode 15 - The Full Story
Episode 16- Tag You're It
Episode 17 - Together
Season 2 Ep 1 - Surprise!
Season 2 Ep 2 - The Diamond Way
Season 2 Ep 3 - The Wrong World
Season 2 Ep 4 - Know your Enemy
Season 2 Ep 5 - Going to Kindergarten
Season 2 Ep 6 - Allergies
G&F - Art Book

Chapter 6 - Like a Rock Show!

1.3K 41 21
By CrystalUniverse_

~Cliff Side~

They quickly run down the hill with Spinel following close behind. Once they enter Beach City the citizens are seen crowded together staring at the giant injector and what it's doing to the ground around it. Y/N starting to think to himself, "What was Spinel's motives for doing this? Something bad must have happened in her past. And... why did I feel like that when I saw her cry? Why did I open up to her!?  After what she did to the gems and what she is doing to the Earth I should be furious with her, but I'm not. Why?" They ran through the crowd and came across Mayor Nanefua.

Nanefua: Steven! What is going on here?

Steven: I'm not sure but I'll find out. Let's open the shelters. We might need to evacuate the town. 

The three continue their way to the injector. They run up the hillside to find Peridot, Bismuth, and Lapis already there working on the gem device.

Y/N: Oh thank the stars you guys are already here! Anything new?

Amethyst: Yeah, what's the damage?

Peridot: Amethyst, get away from me! *she looks away and tries to shun Amethyst away* I can't stand to see you all vacant and bereft of personality.

Amethyst: *crosses her arms annoyed* Yo, I'm back, you dip.

Peridot: Oh!... Well, you're just in time for the end of the world! This is a no-ordinary Injector. Whatever it's leaking into the ground is toxic. Let's get a scan going and see what we're dealing with. 

bismuth walks up to them holding a shovel of soil which Peridot bubbles. She then places the sample into a microwave, presses the Popcorn button, and an analysis paper prints out on the side. She grabs it and reads the results.

Peridot: Hmm. Just as I thought.

Y/N: What is it?

Peridot brings out her tablet and shows the group a scan of the injector.

Peridot: Bio-poison, pure and uncut. *the tablet then transfers the schematic to a bigger monitor* As of this moment, the ampule has drained 15.4% of its contents, meaning the poison is releasing at a destruction rate of 5 cubic meters per hour, giving us, hmmm... 41 hours until the destruction of all organic life on Earth.

Steven: "All organic life"?

Peridot: Yeah, like all the animals, the plants, the insects. You know... People.

Steven's face lit up with shock and fear.

Spinel: Y/N? Is that bad?

Y/N: *tries his best to be composed* Yeah...Yeah it is.

Steven: Oh no... This is what Spinel meant: "Your human half won't stand a chance against my Injector." She- She brought this thing here to kill me, and now- now it's gonna kill everything else on Earth too?! I've gotta do something! *Steven runs towards the Injector and grabs one of its legs*

Bismuth: Steven, no, wait!!

Peridot: Steven stop!

Y/N: Dude! what the hell are you doing!

Steven's gem begins to glow as he begins to lift the injector out of the ground.

Steven: SUPER. STEVEN. STRENGTH! 

Peridot: What is that clod THINKING!?!?

Amethyst: Careful!

Spinel: Lift with your legs!!

Y/N: Spinel please don't encourage him!

 Steven begins to struggle. His gem starts to flicker with light but then fade. Steven loses grip on the Injector and dropping it back into the ground causing everyone to stumbles off balance, and some of the poison to splash out spilling a drop onto Steven's arm. Steven groans in pain as he sees the poison has burned through his jacket sleeve, leaving noticeable burn wounds on his arm. The ground then splits open underneath Steven, revealing a stream of poison inside.

Y/N: Spinel!? *she looks at him* Can you grab him? *she nods happily*

Spinel stretches out her arm which formed into a fishing rod and grabbing Steven, pulling him back to safety.

Spinel: *whistles* Look at what I reeled in!

Steven: My organic jacket...*stands up* I can't do anything with my powers like this. Bismuth, Lapis, can't you lift that thing? Peridot, what about your metal powers?  

Y/N: *notices Spinel had a sad look on her face* Hey. * he puts his hand on her shoulder and she looks up at him* You did a good job, thank you.

Spinel instantly has a bright smile and hugs his arm. All of a sudden she jumps up and pecks his cheek causing his face to go red.

Y/N: I-I-I *puts his hand to his red cheek* w-wha? 

He hears laughing causing him to quickly turn around and see Lapis and Peridot laughing.

Y/N: What's so funny you two!? *Spinel smiles as she hugs his arm*

Peridot: *nyeh heh heh* Nothing- nothing. *she walks up to Steven holding up her tablet* Disturbing the injector accelerates the poison's rate of release. Also, it might explode. We have to find a way to move it, without touching it, before it's too late.

Steven: *realization hits* Spinel! She activated it, so she must be able to deactivate it. But, she doesn't even remember what it is, let alone how to control it... *he looks at her*

Bismuth: Then you have to change her back.

Steven: No way! She's cute and harmless now, but if we bring her back, she'll kill us all!

Peridot: You're going to die anyway if you don't get her to deactivate that thing.

Amethyst: She's right, Steven. You got me back. Whatever you did for me, just do it for her.

Y/N looks down to his right seeing Spinel and thinks to himself, " Will she remember anything that happened today?" She looks up at him with a smile which he returns.

Steven: That's different, I know you. I don't know anything about Spinel. None of us had even heard of her before! Except... Pearl! Pearl knew her! Spinel, Amethyst you're with me. Y/N, you stay here and help Peridot, Bismuth, and Lapis.

Y/N & Amethyst: Alright!

Spinel: *hold Y/N's hand tightly* Y/N isn't coming? 

Steven: Huh? He is going to be helping them with the injector.

Y/N: Hey, don't worry I'll be back.

Time seems to slow down, Spinel begins to look terrified as Y/N's hand leaves hers. A sudden flash of rage fills her and she looks at YN.

Spinel: NO!

Steven, Amethyst, and Y/N jump in surprise at the sudden outburst of anger.

Y/N: Uhhh Alright. Steven, I'll come with you guys.

Steven: O-Okay, let's go.

Spinel's mood instantly turns back to happiness.

Spinel: Yay!!! *she latches onto Y/N's hand * Let's go!

The four begin to run towards town. Amethyst runs next to Y/N's side while Spinel was on the other.

Amethyst: *whisper* Bro what the flop was that?

Y/N: *whisper* I'm not sure. That is the first time she had an outburst like that... Hey, quick question?

Amethyst: *whisper* Yeah, what's up?

Y/N: *whisper* Do you remember anything past the whole rejuvenation thing?

Amethyst: *whisper* Well it's kinda fuzzy but yeah, I guess so. Why?

Y/N: *whisper* It's nothing.

Spinel: *pokes her head over his shoulder* Whatcha two whisperin' about?

Y/N: *surprised* Ahh Nothing!

~The Car Wash~

Pearl: I'm afraid I can't help. I'm currently in the service of my Um Greg Universe preparing for tonight's concert, showcasing a promising ensemble in the "rockinroll" genre. *Amethyst laughs at Pearls antics*

Greg: You're evacuating people to the warehouse? *walks out of the storage unit, talking on the phone* I'll- I'll cancel the rock show. No? You're right. Sadie Killer always draws a crowd. You got it, Mayor. I'll drop the cover charge and, heck, 30% off merch! *he hangs up*

Steven: Dad!

Greg: Steven, you found Amethyst!

Amethyst: *speaks in a robotic voice* Who is Amethyst?

Greg: Oh no. She's even worse.

Amethyst: Nah, I'm just goofin'.

Greg: *sighs* Too soon, Amethyst!

There is a loud crash inside the storage space. They look inside seeing Spinel looking down on a fallen Garnet holding some cords.

Y/N: Garnet, you okay?

Garnet: I'm okay! *looks at the cords in her hands* Do you want the blue cable? Or the red cable?

Greg: It doesn't matter! They're the same! *Greg notices Pearl storing a guitar into her gem* Pearl, what are you doing?! We need those for the show!

Y/N: You know sometimes I forget that she can do that.

Steven: Who cares about the rock show!? We have to stop Spinel's Injector, or everyone on Earth is going to die! To stop it, we need Spinel back, and to do that, we need Pearl back, and to do that, we need her missing pieces. Pearl and Mom rebelled together, so she's gotta rebel with you. We've gotta stage some big dramatic event, something to jog her memory, like- like-

Y/N: *quietly speaks to himself* Holy shit this is literally a fetch quest.

Pearl: Language!

Y/N: How did you even hear me!?

Amethyst: *hops up to them* Like a rock show?

Steven: *realizes* Like a rock show!

Greg: Like a rock show?

~The Abandoned Warehouse~

The sun was fully set with the moon shining high in the sky over the ocean turning the sky a navy blue color with stars decorating all over. Nanefua is standing outside the warehouse with a line of citizens next to her. Inside Sadie and her band prepare for their first song. Buck and Jenny tuned their guitars and Sour Cream prepared the music. Amethyst sat down behind the drum set ready.

Sadie: Who is here for the show!

*Crowd cheers*

Sadie: Who is here for the end of the world!

*Crowd Cheers*

Lars: Wait, What!?

Sadie: This first song is a special request by Steven Universe!

the crowd begins to cheer as the song begins. Y/N looks to his right seeing Spinel and Garnet dancing with each other amongst the crowd.

 Spinel looks at him with the happiest smile he has ever seen. He began to speak loudly due to the volume of the song.

Y/N: Nice dance moves!

Spinel: Thanks! *she grabs his hands* Dance with me!

Y/N: Oh!? *he is pulled closer to her and the two begin to laugh* Alright, alright, but I'm not the best so don't judge.

Spinel:*giggles* Oh I am sure you'll do fine! 

The two begin to dance, laughing with each other as they do. Y/N tries to show off to Spinel making her smile and laugh. She pulls him close and spins him around disorientating him causing him to accidentally pulling her down with him as he falls on his butt. He laughs rubbing his head but once he opens his eyes he sees Spinel close to his face. She's so close he can feel her breath on him causing a shiver to go down his spine. The two blush hard but all of a sudden they begin to slowly close the distance between them. A bright light from the stage appears and hits their eyes cutting them off of their action. The two quickly get up still blushing and look to see Rose Quartz singing on stage. Garnet and Spinel look on in shock as Y/N looks on cautiously. 

Y/N: Rose? Wait, oh did Amethyst shift into her form again? *He sees Greg looking uncomfortable*

Spinel: Oooo~ who's that?!

Y/N: It's Amethyst. She shapeshifted into Steven's mom. They're trying to jog Pearl's memories.

Spinel: What was she like?

Y/N: Eh, it's complicated.

The song ends and Amethyst shapeshifts back to herself with Y/N and Spinel heading back to the group.

Y/N: It didn't work huh?

Steven: *sighs* No...

Greg: GAHH! What will it take for you to stop serving me?

Pearl: As long as you exist, I will serve you!

Steven, Y/N & Amethyst: *gasp and look at each other* "As long as you exist"

Steven runs to his dad and begins to whisper in his ear.

Greg: *surprised* Are you sure? Aren't your powers messed up?

Steven: I can at least try!

Greg: But what about me? I've never-

Steven: Come on dad! Lets duet!

Greg and Steven walk onto the stage and picks up a pair of guitars and get ready. Spinel looks on curiously as Y/N grows a slight smile.

Steven and Greg begin to play back to back and suddenly giant explosion of smoke appear on stage.

Pearl: Um Greg?!

A giant silhouette can be seen in the big cloud of smoke.

???: It's a big, old universe out there. And when you're gettin' crushed under the weight of them stars... *he throws Steven's jacket to Garnet as the smoke fades* ...Well, sometimes, you need that special someone to remind you that you're so much more. *winks at Pearl*

Pearl: *confused* Wha?

{-Continue reading after 2:06 but keep the song playing-}

Spinel: Hey bestie? 

Y/N: Yeah? What's up?

Spinel: Soo I know you said it was complicated but can you pleeaaasssseeeee tell me who Rose was? 

Y/N: Oh, well- *he notice her giving him very- very cute puppy dog eyes, he sighs then chuckles* Alright. I'll summarize it. She was the leader of the Crystal Gems. She gave up her physical form to make Steven. At first, everyone loved her, then we figured out some big pieces of info. The Biggest was her actually being Pink Diamond. *Spinel flinches*

Spinel: P-pink diam-? 

Y/N: Yeah she was not the best person- Spinel? Are you okay?

Spinel wipes away her tears then begins to run out of the building.

Y/N: Spinel!? 

 He begins to give chase, as he does he brings out his phone to call Steven. After what felt like forever he picks up.

Steven: *huff* Y/N-?

Y/N: Steven I think I just gave Spinel one of her pieces. She ran after I did, I'm following close behind. *he quickly hangs up and shoves his phone in his pocket*

He runs through the town asking anyone if they have seen the small pink gem. Someone points to the beach and he thanks them, running in the direction. He looks around seeing multiple cracks in the ground filled with the bio-poison from the injector.

Y/N: *huff* *huff* S-Spinel!? *huff* Shit *huff* I need to work out more. *he looks to the Temple seeing the glass dome light up* That must be her!

Y/N quickly jumped over the multiple poison-filled cracks scattered across the ground and ran up the house's stairs. He makes it up to the glass dome and see's Spinel kneeling on the warp pad.

Y/N: Spinel? Are- *Spinel turns around to look at him*

Y/N: *shocked and runs and hug her* Spinel..what's wrong.

Spinel didn't speak, all she did was hug him back tightly and cry into his shoulder.

Y/N: *rubs her back in an effort to comfort her* Hey, hey, everything is going to be okay. I'm here. I got you. *he looks at her* Please, tell me what's wrong.

Spinel: *breaks the hug and looks at him with tear-filled eyes* I-I don't know what is *sniff* going on. After hearing that name, a bunch of emotions just started to rush through me.

Y/N: H-hey that might be a good thing. Your memories could be coming back.*he pauses and sits down next to her* You know. I'm kinda surprised you came here.

Spinel: *sniff* w-why?

Y/N: A while back Steven and I got bored, sooo we planted a bunch of flowers up here to pass the time. I kinda come here when I need, time alone. It's very calm and quiet here. *he chuckles as he looks around* I just realized, I don't even know what this place is called? *Spinel slightly smiles* Does it count as a greenhouse? Or a garden?

Spinel: G-Garden..? *she looks up with a happy face, which quickly turns sadness* NO!

She slams her fists on the warp pad, activating it sending both of them through. Y/N tries to balance himself through the warp stream unknowing where they are going.

Y/N: Whoa! Spinel where are we going?!

Spinel: Back... to where I never left...

The warp stream dissipates as they are in a new place. Y/N stands up rubbing his head and looks around at his surroundings. The atmosphere feels, dead as he looks around at the still place. No breeze, no life, all the color seems to have faded from everything as gem architecture mixed with a multitude of dead plant life surrounded them as they stood on a giant temple.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 386 15
It was just a normal day in Beach City until, a new villain, Spinel, injects Beach City with poison from her injector. Spinel reverses the Crystal Ge...
337 35 16
I made this for fun because I loved ShelbztheDerp's oc Aven. If you will go give her book We All Get Found a read! Collab book with ShelbztheDerp [Re...
231K 4.7K 22
SPOILERS!!!!!! in the title
94K 1.8K 50
Steven Universe has had a decent life. An awesome older sister, 2 caring and wise aunts, and of course his great dad. He thinks everyone is his frien...