We're Still Here - Captain Am...

Autorstwa DrearyWinterDreams

She was a waitress, he was an artist. He was a soldier, she was an assassin. Lucy Stark was the cousin of the... Więcej

1. A Dash Of Cinnamon
2. The Diner Dame
3. That's Ten Percent
4. America's New Hope
5. 325575
6. We Swear
7. Next Saturday
8. The World Was At War
9. The Doctor, The Soldier, and The Genius
10. Suit Up
11. I've Seen Worse
12. Don't Do Anything Stupid
13. My Fiancé
14. Y-E-S Spells Yes
15. The Winter Soldier
16. The Price of Freedom's High
17. The Aftermath
19. Worthy
20. No Such Thing As Peace
21. The Kid With The Potato Gun
22. Leaving Tennessee
23. Escape
24. It's Been a While
25. Hacked
26. Will The Circle Be Unbroken?
27. The New Mission
28. Off To Sokovia We Go
29. I Can't Think
30. Stop Being A Hero
31. What's Wrong With Me?
32. I Had Strings
33. What is This?
34. He's a Sickness
35. Truth
36. Familial Love
37. Seoul

18. The Sketch

3.9K 123 19
Autorstwa DrearyWinterDreams

It was now June. Lucy was asleep on the couch in the shared apartment due to falling asleep while watching a movie. Steve walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes going to the refrigerator and pouring a glass of milk. He turned at the sound of the TV still being on, spotting Lucy's foot on the arm of the couch. Abandoning the glass of milk he had just poured, Steve walked over to the couch and moved Lucy allowing him to sit down but her to still sleep. He looked at the TV to see she had been watching "Apollo 13". The brunette began to wake up due to the sudden change of position. Steve looked down to see her awake.

"Good morning, sleepy head," he said.

"Good morning, Stevie," Lucy replied. "Sleep well?"

"Like sleeping on a cloud. How about you?"

"Could've been better."

"I'm guessing you fell asleep during the movie... I have an idea. How about we go out for breakfast?"

"Sounds alright with me. I'd have to change first."

"You do that, I'll deal with this." The two left the apartment when finished getting ready, and went to a local diner. Silence hung between the two after they ordered. Steve took out a pen and began to draw on the back of the paper placemat as Lucy looked out the window. She turned her head at the sound of Steve humming which caused her to look at the sketch.

-1938-

Lucy was working a shift at the diner. Steve had been sitting at the counter drawing on a napkin as the brunette took orders. When he had arrived she had been in such a bad mood, she almost forgot to say 'hello' to her friend or even realize he was there. One of the waitresses, Renée, informed Steve Lucy had been unhappy the minute she walked in due to the news of Ms. Smith's sudden death. He vaguely remembered the older woman's face and features. Greying blonde hair, soft green eyes, the face of a person a child would come to love - motherly, like her personality. Lucy had been fond of the woman mentioning how they had met when Lucy had started working at the diner. Steve thought of the only way he could possibly cheer up his friend which had caused him to begin his sketch. He added the last detail when Lucy walked over to the counter where he sat, sitting down next to him.

"What's up?" Steve asked as he hid the napkin from Lucy's sight though she wasn't looking in his direction, but merely straight ahead.

"The sky," she replied, her childish Stark personality showing slightly with the comment. Steve looked up at Renée who had walked over. She had auburn hair which was a dark enough shade to go with her brown eyes. She was about a year or two older than the blond and brunette duo and thought of them as younger siblings. She gave Steve a warm smile before looking at the brunette.

"Hey, Lucy, your shift ended well over an hour ago," Renée informed to her friend, her southern accent appearing as she spoke. Lucy looked at the auburn haired woman.

"Sorry," she apologized, "Just haven't been myself today. Thank you for reminding me."

"No problem, darling. You should go home and get some rest. At least you have the day off tomorrow. I'll take care of everything for you."

"Thank you, again. Have a nice day, Renée!" Steve quickly paid for his food, placing the neatly folded napkin in his jacket pocket.

"You too, Lucy.  See you later, Steve." He said a quick goodbye before walking out of the diner with Lucy. The two talked about random subjects as they walked to Steve's home. Steve stopped Lucy when they were on the steps, pulling the napkin out of his pocket and slipping it into the brunettes hand. Unfolding it, she began to inspect the different sketch marks putting them all together in her mind.

"I thought you could use something to cheer you up," Steve spoke with a smile. It began to fade when he saw Lucy's shocked face and a tear running down her cheek as she recognized the sketch being of Ms. Smith. The blond quickly spoke up, "Oh, no, no, don't cry, please."

"Steve-"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry I just-" Steve stopped speaking when Lucy pulled him into a hug placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm not crying out of sadness, Steve. I love it, thank you."

-2014-

Steve could sense the brunette watching and looked up. Lucy made eye contact with him and smiled. The waitress walked over with their food and placed Steve's down when he moved the placemat. They began to eat. Steve switching on and off from eating to drawing the last few details of the picture. It was placed on Lucy's side of the table causing her to stop eating. She picked up the paper and looked at it seeing it was a picture of her seemingly looking out the window. Steve ate pretending he didn't draw the picture.

"Steve?" The blond looked up making eye contact with the brown eyes belonging to his friend.

"Yes?" he replied before taking a sip of his drink.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Lucy folded the picture and put it in her pocket. The two finished eating and continued talking. The waitress walked over to the table with the bill, placing it next to Steve. When he looked at it, his eyebrows instantly knit together. Lucy took the paper when he passed it to her, and let out a laugh quickly covering her mouth.

"Oh my Lord, Steve! She totally likes you."

Hope you enjoyed your lunch!

Call me sometime ;)(202) 555-8045

Steve playfully glared at Lucy as she set the paper down on the table. He placed money on the table including a tip and stood up taking the brunettes hand and walking to the door where the waitress was speaking with the hostess. When she saw the two holding hands, she had a slight glare on her face and ignored them.

"Have a good afternoon," the hostess spoke.

"Thanks, you too," Steve said with a smile as he opened the door for Lucy as they left. He took her hand again walking down the sidewalk with her. Lucy began to laugh. "What's so funny?"

"Did you see the waitresses face?" Lucy questioned as she giggled.

"Yeah, she didn't seem too happy."

"Well it's not everyday where you see a good looking guy but happen to get turned down in that kind of way." Steve only smiled and stayed silent and began to lead Lucy in the direction away from where their apartment was.

This caused Lucy to bring up a question, "Where are we going?" In which the Captain only answered by saying "It's a surprise." They continued to walk until they stood in front of the Smithsonian. Steve kept his grasp on Lucy's hand as they paid for their entrance. Steve led Lucy to a Captain America and Lady Liberty exhibit. He smiled when the brunette began to look around in shock and surprise like the kids who were visiting with their parents. He let her hand go as she began to walk freely, Steve following behind. The walking came to a stop when the blond found Lucy standing in front of all the uniforms of the Commando's. She felt the blond's presence next to her as he walked up.

"How did you learn about this exhibit?" Lucy questioned.

"I had nothing to do and figured I'd visit the museum," Steve began to explain. "Natasha suggested the exhibit."

"Well I can understand why we'd be a part of it, we're a part of history," Lucy quietly replied. She looked to the right to look at Steve before noticing a lit up glass display showing a picture of Bucky along with a short biography. Steve looked at the display before beginning to slowly walk away as Lucy observed what had been written. She soon began to follow Steve once she noticed him standing at the entrance of the exhibit. They made their way back to the apartment saying a quick 'hello' to Sharon when they passed her in the hall.

"So, what do you want to do?" Lucy questioned walking over to where Steve sat on the sofa. She sat at the other end and pulled her legs up to her chest resting her chin on her knees.

"We-" Steve began to speak but was interrupted by the phone ringing. Lucy groaned in annoyance causing Steve to laugh before going to answer the phone. Lucy sat in silence as Steve began to speak.

"Hello? ... Oh, hey Tony. What's up? ... Yeah, she's here... Sure, hang on." Steve held the phone out to Lucy who gingerly took it.

"Hi Tony. What's going on?" she questioned as she held the phone up to her ear.

"Hey, Lucky," Tony replied. "I was just wondering if you and Capsicle would like to visit on the fourth of July. The other 'Vengers will be there. You know, get you guys out of D.C. for a while."

"The fourth of July?" Lucy looked to Steve who had a questioning look on his face. "I'm not sure, Tony. That's Steve's birthday and we kind of wanted to stay home then."

"Oo. For what? Fonduing? Come on. Pep and I will get a cake for him. Promise."

"I-"

"Please?"

"But-"

"Please?"

"Tony-"

"Please? I really want to see my cousin... and her boyfriend. Please?"

"Alright, fine. We'll go."

"Yay! Thanks, Lucy."

"No problem. And one more thing. Steve is not my boyfriend."

"Alright. I'll either talk to you soon or see you in July."

"Talk to you later, Tony."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

357K 15.5K 39
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
394K 6.3K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.7M 58.5K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
1M 38.7K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...