Mate Massacres

By SianaghGallagher

(BOOK 1 - Mate Series) A merciless Alpha, notorious for hunting the mates of his enemies, uses loneliness to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82

Chapter 64

52.9K 3.2K 1.5K
By SianaghGallagher

If you're writing something on Wattpad, promote your story on this chapter only! Let's support each other :)

- Sian

After all that was said, Krey needed fresh air. He sat on some wooden steps by the back door, staring out to the horizon. In the distance, a rough tide smashed against rocks. Seagulls circled and screeched above, and the cold breeze twisted through trees nearby.

The sky was blue, and the sun was bright but not warm. The breeze was nice and cool for Krey but freezing for Pip as he watched his mate from the doorway.

Pip pulled sleeves over his hands and approached Krey. He sat next to him on the steps. Krey wasn't surprised to see him because Pip's sweet scent had been blowing in the wind.

Krey's arm automatically wrapped around Pip's shoulders. "It's too cold outside for you."

"I just wanted to see if you were okay."

Krey studied Pip's blue eyes, dazzling in the sun, honest and beautiful in the morning light. "I don't know when I was last okay."

Pip's arm coiled around Krey's back. They sat close, so the wind couldn't squeeze between them. Krey's warmth was like wearing a jumper straight from the dryer. "O-Out of all the things Viktor said, I'm least surprised about Jordan being the enemy."

"Really?"

"Jordan was horrible, so I guess it makes sense that he was a part of a plan to, um, get your Packhouse. A-And also, I understand now why he hated me so much and tried to kill me. He must have been desperate to be back with his mate and wanted you to lose your wolf, so they could attack."

"So fucked up," Krey mumbled. "All of this is just... why didn't I see any of this coming?"

"They wanted you to blame yourself." Pip shivered and Krey's arm tightened around him. Even in an unfamiliar place surrounded by unfamiliar people, Pip felt safe with Krey. "They wanted you to blame yourself for everything, so when they attacked, you'd feel like you deserved it."

"But they didn't think I'd meet you."

Pip smiled. "You can stop blaming yourself now."

"I am still partly to blame. I still tried to challenge the southern pack by taking the bait of their fake Alpha mate. If I had just left it alone-"

"They would've found another way in." Pip could see Krey beating himself up again. "Jordan was already in your Packhouse. They would have thought of another way to kill your father. Viktor's right, you're the victim in this."

"I feel pretty guilty for a victim."

"Because you're still alive."

"I thought my dad died protecting me from something I foolishly started."

"Now you know that your dad was the one they were after all along. They had taken advantage of the fact you were his son and could be easily blamed because of the way you were last year. Your dad's death wasn't your fault." Pip had talked with Makena before finding Krey by the back doors. He now had a pretty good understanding of what happened with Krey's father, especially now that Viktor laid the truth out for all to see.

Krey sighed and rubbed his eyes. "I just want my bed."

"Do you think they'll trash your Packhouse?"

"They can if they want. It needed decorating anyway," Krey grumbled, suddenly fearing that they'd get into his father's office, the same office his father died in, and the same office that had been locked since the tragedy.

Pip chuckled, seeing the anxiety behind Krey's eyes, and choosing not to point it out. He followed Krey's gaze to the trees. Snow coated each branch and thickly blanketed the field. A bird landed on one of the thinner branches and snow fell like a white sheet to the wind, scaring the bird back into the sky. "Are you thinking of a plan?"

"No, I'm thinking about how crappy this situation is for you." They looked at each other again. "I dragged you into my life and now this happens. You probably would've been working at that café today, or spending your time reading in the library. Instead, you're in the middle of a fight between two werewolf packs after having to run for your life."

"When you put it like that, it sounds crazy." Pip chewed his bottom lip. "I'm glad I'm not at the café or at the library, or with my aunt and uncle. I c-can't believe I'm saying this but being with you is so much better than the library."

Krey raised a brow. "That's quite a statement."

"It's true. I love the library, but I think I love-" Pip flushed deep red and pursed his lips.

Krey stared intensely around his face. "Continue."

"I-I- was just- I was saying- I-" Pip covered his red face with a hand.

"You were saying that you love me more than the library." Krey's heart pounded. "And I love you more than my wolf. I think." He frowned. "No, I'm pretty sure I do."

For Pip, he felt it was too soon to tell Krey that he loved him, but the words had nearly tumbled out of his mouth. "You've known your wolf all your life. I feel like we've known each other for only five minutes."

"You're my mate Pip," Krey said in a tone that said, 'how many times do I have to tell you what the bond means to a werewolf'. Krey patted Pip's chest from the arm that wrapped around Pip's shoulders. "We'll know each other deeper than we've ever know ourselves. Do you not feel a bit of that already?"

Pip nodded. Everything Krey did, each look, each angry sigh, each motion, Pip seemed to understand it all, like he knew how Krey would react in any situation, like they had known each other forever. "I-I guess it's a little harder for me to just accept those feelings like you do. I want to accept them, but my head is still processing it all."

"If I put myself in your position, this would be really weird for me too. You're doing well." Krey cupped Pip's chin. "Thank you for accepting my wolf."

"Your wolf is pretty cute."

Krey frowned. "I'm not cute."

"You can be."

"No."

"Yes." Pip grinned, deepening his dimples, and scrunching the corners of his eyes. The more days he spent with Krey, the easier he could be himself.

Krey soaked up his happiness. "Now that face is cute. My wolf is very far from that."

Pip's face was hot from constant waves of blush. "I disagree. You, um, you have really floppy ears."

Their eyes lingered over each other's lips. Krey tightened his arm around Pip's neck, pulling his face closer. Their lips brushed, and their hearts fluttered. Krey melted into Pip, kissing him softly. Each time Pip kissed him back, Krey felt a little more at ease.

Krey shifted Pip onto his lap and kissed into the side of his neck. Pip slipped hands under Krey's blazer and wrapped arms around him. He gripped Krey's top underneath as their noses smudged and their lips collided.

They kissed tenderly, and every touch was exhilarating. Pip forgot about the cold around him and buried his head into Krey's shoulder. Krey's arms wrapped around him too, and they held each other as tightly as they could.

Krey closed his eyes and rested his chin on top of Pip's head. He had thought about leaving Pip at Sea Claw Packhouse while he fought for Crescent Packhouse, but Krey couldn't bring himself to leave Pip somewhere else, and so far out of his sight. He's safer with me.

Krey zoned out, thinking back to when Pip hugged his wolf. Krey wished the moment felt more special. They were on the run, and Victoria and Mark were watching, so the moment wasn't what Krey had imagined. Everything figures out a way to be perfect. Just look at it with your positive glasses on, Krey thought. His dad had said that to him on multiple occasions, and he was right. At least Krey had a mate. "I'd rather you thought my wolf was cute than be terrified," Krey mumbled. "But only you can think that."

Pip softly chuckled into his shoulder. "When this stuff is over with the Southern wolves, I'd like to get to know your wolf side more."

"Yeah?"

Pip lifted his head and fell into Krey's rich brown eyes. They were softer than usual. Kissing always blunted Krey's features when affection surfaced. "I want to know your wolf as much as I know you. I know you're both the same uh... mind. It's just weird thinking that."

Krey rubbed the tip of their noses together. His wolf stirred with excitement. "As a werewolf, there's nothing better than a mate wanting to love my wolf too." Krey kissed him once on the lips before hugging him again.

They didn't have long to be alone. Soon, Krey would have to return to his pack and think of a plan to win back his home. Though Viktor was on his side, and so was Saphine, no matter how cold she appeared on the surface.

"When will you make Francis your Beta wolf?" Pip asked after a while of listening to Krey's steady heartbeat.

"I'm not sure. The last thing I want is for the pack to reject her because she's an Omega, but I really need a Beta. Sid is a good Delta, but he's not used to filling Jordan's shoes." Krey tensed his jaw at the traitor's name.

"Maybe you should ask what your mum thinks?"

"Why would I do that?" Krey didn't mean to sound so sharp. Pip didn't even lift his head, so he understood.

"She's your mum, so she'll want what's best for you. And she's honest, like you, and she doesn't really sugar coat things, like you."

Krey scoffed. "I don't think she likes Francis. She likes the old system where Omega's and Alpha's don't really mix."

"I don't understand that. When you're fighting as a pack, surely you're all equal?"

Krey's lips curled towards a satisfied smile. "blood is blood, fur is fur. Though when we're not fighting, status can be important. All Alpha's have a serious dominance issue. We're all power-hungry in one way or another. It's just the way of the wolves."

"Was your dad like that?"

"Yes, but his power was driven towards his own pack." Krey found it easier to talk to Pip about his father because Pip could relate to his losses. Each time he spoke about his dad, Krey could breathe a little better. "He picked the best or strove to train wolves until they were the best. He loved it when Omegas could outrun him and lift heavier weights because it meant that his pack was strong enough to protect their leader. He used to train with Omega's all the time. My mum didn't really mix with them. She was from a Beta family, so status was really important because they'd easily get mistaken for Delta's or sometimes even Omega's, which is insulting."

"How can you tell them apart?" Pip asked. His heart elevated when Krey's hand rested on his thigh. Just one touch sent Pip's senses into overdrive. The warmth of Krey's palm seeped through his jeans almost immediately.

"They smell kind of different and feel different. I guess it's the way they act and to be honest, a Beta will find a way to tell you that they're a Beta. Pride often speaks for them."

"I see." Pip watched Krey's thumb softly rubbing his inner thigh. The motion was simple, yet shivered Pip to his core. Krey mistook him for being cold and asked if he wanted to go inside. "No," Pip said, nuzzling his head into the crook of Krey's neck. "I'm happy like this."

Krey softly squeezed his thigh and Pip pursed his lips, aching for the day where they could be together without a single care for anyone but each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 8.6K 28
Loving A Werewolf Series When Jack Schemer-Kass is forced away from his mate, Matthew Laine-Brooks, for three months due to hunters, he closes even m...
14.7M 651K 89
COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an introverted soul, and struggled to communic...
81.2K 4.6K 20
{SUPERNATURAL FLUFF SERIES} Terrence has been through a rough break and he couldn't careless about the adventure that is new love. Will his sentimen...
207K 5.2K 35
After years on the run only looking out for herself and one other, Astra must confront her worst nightmare. Not only is she now trapped by the rules...