TAINTED LOVE (Racer×CEO)

By Havanah_Reverie

Aurelia Hargrave - a, not-so-ordinary, twenty-four year old girl who thrives on illegal Street racing and has... More

Author's Note
Description
❄️ACHIEVEMENTS ❄️
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
N I N E
T E N [1]
T E N [2]
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N [1]
S I X T E E N [2]
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I NE T E E N
WEDDING AESTHETICS
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E [1]
T H I R T Y O N E [2]
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
T H I R T Y S E V E N
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y
F O R T Y O N E
F O R T Y T W O
F O R T Y T H R E E
F O R T Y F O U R
F O R T Y F I V E
F O R T Y S I X
IMP. UPDATE
EPILOGUE
Book Sequel Alert!

E I G H T

4.3K 209 252
By Havanah_Reverie

Darkness cannot drive out darkness. 

Only light can do. 

Hate cannot drive out hate, 

Only love can do. 

EIGHT: FIGHT & RING

CLEANING THE DISHES and wiping my hands on the apron I grab my phone and lean back on the marble kitchen island. 

(4:42 PM) 

Mr. Raymond:  My place. 

Timings are 9 o'clock.

After rechecking that THE MISTER THEODORE RAYMOND texted me, the next thing which drew my attention was how he texts only the basics, nothing less and nothing more, point to point. 

How professional!

I scoff. 

And just how THE MISTER THEODORE RAYMOND texted me, in the same way, THE MISTER THEODORE RAYMOND also asked for my phone number. And, again I was going to marry THE MISTER THEODORE RAYMOND! 

Did you squeal? 

But a frown too over my face causing a chemical reaction to take place in the pit of my stomach, something weird and dampening. It felt as if I was losing my independence to him. Compromising, communication, and compassion - were the words which needed to be incorporated in my dictionary. I didn't know how much I would be able to cope up. 

But, why is he calling me to his place? For some reason, as I think of his mansion, the first thing which appeared in my head was the password meter. Smirking to myself, I said it out loud, "Not that I don't know the password of his house. Smart me. *pats my shoulder*. Again, why am I not a thief? I would make money in no time!" I wondered. 

And when I looked back on the screen a frown engraved on my lips. 

(4:43 PM) 

Mr. Raymond: For that, you have mastered at breaking-in, don't hesitate to come inside. 

***

A massive white mansion with lavender rooftop, a queue of seven cars parked on either side, garnished with a beautiful aromatic garden that I saw. Breath-taking. Marching up the stairs as the sound of my car keys juggled, I typed the same code. It opened with a 'tick' sound and I muttered, "So he hasn't changed it yet." 

And when I stepped inside my jaw hit the ground and the sound of soft music filled my ears, playing at a distance. A sweet pleasant smell of lavender and jasmine lingered in the air. This time all the lights were shining in their full glory, the chandelier in the center-hung so gracefully, emitting diamond light rays.

 Last time when I came, I remember only the chandelier was shining, emitting fluorescent, unlike this time. Just below the chandelier was an expensive-looking leather sofa set that surrounded the box-shaped shining wooden table. 

There were additional wooden side tables, belonging to the family of the central one, over which white long and slender glass pots were kept with purple lavender flowers and leaves topping them. 

White and brown color kissed all the elements in the room. Right towards my left was a massive white pot with a tree several feet high, the leaves and branches spread profusely on the top creating a shade.

 At my right was a thin white wall with creatively carved geometric shapes in it and well-arranged little brown hardwood flower pots at the base. 

Walking further, there were two full-length square pillars and in between them there was a marble island with a stove over it. And I realized that I had walked into the joint kitchenette. 

The entire furniture was in navy blues, forest greens, and whites. And shining. 

It was when I saw something moving, the fact struck me that I was so mesmerized by the furnishing and decor of the house that I didn't even see that Mr. Raymond was standing in front of me with his back facing me. His white shirt's cufflinks were rolled up till his elbow and he was wearing grey suit pants. 

"I didn't know you were a sucker of slow music," I found myself saying as I titled my body against one pillar for support, folding my hands over my chest. 

"Well, you assume things very quickly." And if he was surprised by my arrival, he hid it well.

 When he turned around, he gave me his signature close-mouthed smile-smirk. He held a bowl in his hand in another was a whisker, as he continued whisking the coffee batter. The strong scent of coffee hit my nostrils. 

"Still, a ruthless steel hearted CEO isn't expected to have a bone loving soothing music..." I trailed. 

"A rough day does demand nerve-calming music and coffee, Ms. Hargrave." He even pulled up the coffee mug to show and then poured it in two cups, smiling. I nodded slowly. 

I felt him near me, too near as my eyes widened. His eyes locked with mine, uncertainty in there, as he was directly in front of me and I felt my throat go dry. There were vapors in front of his well intricated, masculine featured face and it smelt like coffee. Before a blink, he moved out from between me and the kitchen island and I exhaled. 

"Tomorrow we have to attend the announcement party." 

I blinked a few times and rubbed my hands against my jeans off the sweat. Running my fingers through my hair, I padded softly towards the sofa. 

"So why did you call me here?" I said after a few seconds of silence, situating myself opposite to him. 

"Why can't I spend a little while with my future wife?" He smirked. 

"If I hadn't known you well I would have believed this bullshit but fortunately slash unfortunately I have started to know you." I brought the coffee mug up my lips and blew a few times before sipping. 

"Definitely it's fortunate." He produced a black velvet box from his pocket and slid it towards me as it tumbled down to my feet.

 Giving him a look, I placed the mug of the table and opened the box. A gold ring with a fat diamond stone, so big and bright that momentarily I had to squeeze my eyes shut. His eyes never left me, staring intensely. 

"An engagement ring. I know you love it. It has the biggest diamond anyone could ever have." He said as if it was his proudest moment of life. 

I shook my head lightly and mustered up a 'no'. "I don't want it. It's wasting money uselessly-"

"Don't worry it's from my end-" He started. 

"No, I have no craze for stones. And why the hell we need to spend money on this." I exasperated. 

"Are you mad? You'll be my wife. You should have the best of the best. You understand?" He bends forward as his voice becomes demanding and irritated. 

"No, I don't want to understand. I just don't want to walk around with such a thing on me." I concluded. What if someone kidnapped me thinking I was filthy rich when right now I don't have money to eat. 

"You always have to go against me. If I want a grand wedding, you want a cheap court marriage. If I tell you to do this, you will surely do the opposite. Why?!"

"Why don't you understand. It's my ring, let it be of my own God damn choice!" The words escaped my lips as I set the velvet box on the table with a force. 

Immediately, he banged his mug on the glass table too and stood up. He put on his tuxedo and did his collar. I too stood up in confusion. 

"Follow me." He said and walked out of the house. 

It took me a few moments to realize what he said and when it stuck, I was even more confused. Frowning, I made it to the front porch and started walking towards my car. 

"Get in," He shouted from him, already seated in the passenger seat. 

"NO. I'll take mine." I retorted stubbornly. 

"I repeat and won't again, get in the car."

"I said NO." I took a step towards his car, showing him my fangs. The imaginary ones. 

"Get in," He said with a clenched jaw. 

Taking another step forward to challenge him, I said, "Make me-" 

In a flash, he was out and pushed me back till my back touched the car and he dipped his head low. 

"You don't want to complete that sentence, darling." He let the words out from between his teeth and I stood pale in modification at the closeness. 

He backed off as a blanket of chill night air engulfed me. I let out the breath I have been holding. He got in and even I complied but didn't forget to close the door with a loud thud.

"Don't forget this is my car and not your father's." His eyes bored into mine and I glared back.

The rest of the ride was silent, with him driving without another word and me looking out of the window. Nothing more than that. 

We pulled out in front of 'The Khan Jeweler's'. I silently followed him inside the entirely golden showroom. 

Soon, the manager was out, welcoming us with an extra cheerful smile but it went in vain for neither Mr.Raymond acknowledged it nor I had any mood to do the pleasantries. 

We settled in one tiny four chairs sofa where a lady came and asked what kind of rings I would like to see. She was posh and wore a blue blazer and skirt uniform. Her brown hair slicked back into a bun. 

"I basically want bands with no diamonds or any other stones." I described it with a few activities with my fingers. 

She nodded and went to get them. I saw Mr. Raymond looking at me intently but I ignored him. Soon, she arrived and said, "These are silver, then these are gold, white gold, and platinum." She placed all the boxes in front of us. 

"You can take everything back just leave the platinum rings." He interjected sternly and she complied like a puppy. 

I frowned as he started to open a box and slid it to me. I exhaled dramatically and then took one out. After almost five minutes and me looking at seven-eight rings carefully, I knew what I wanted. It was a simple, thick band of platinum. 

Letting my eyes go through it once more I gave it to the girl with a nod. "Put the best diamond you have in it. Now, what's a ring without a diamond? " He ordered her and then glanced at me to show that he won. I shook my head at his childishness. 

"Engrave it in." I smiled at her and she too nodded with a smile. 

The services were fast here and the manager himself brought two boxes and handed it to Raymond when I was scrolling through my news feed. After paying and doing the pleasantries we were finally out. 

We both got in and a box landed on my lap. I glanced at him as he slid his rings which were surprisingly identical to mine just broader and thicker, it's diamond rectangular while mine was square. Giving him a weird questioning look he motioned with his eyes for me to wear mine as well. 

I reluctantly pushed mine in and thought why he himself didn't put in. Then I frowned at my thought. Obviously, he won't. He would only do these things when we are in public. I visualized the ring on my finger and realized how strange and odd it felt. 

"How charming, I remarked, shooting him a sarcastic smile. 

"Oh, now I am just charming, then you'll get to see how I turn from charming to beautiful to gorgeous for you honey." He showed a lopsided smile. 

Great! 

I am freaking engaged! 

***

Drama, more drama coming on the following chapters! Stay tuned!! 

Can you find a ship name for Theo and Aurellia? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...