The Way - Jinson

By pumpkinwrites

Kpop star, actor and model - Park Jinyoung Clueless neighbour, CEO and foreigner - Jackson Wang Let's try wri... More

2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.1
18.2
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
A/N
Nyoung POV 1
Nyoung POV 2
Nyoung POV 3
Nyoung POV 4
Nyoung POV 5
Nyoung POV 6

1.

2.1K 72 23
By pumpkinwrites

I balanced the box in my hand and fished my phone out, seeing my mom's photo flashing on the screen. I sighed and answered it quickly, placing the phone against my shoulder and ear before shifting the box back into both hands.

"I'll call you when I'm done setting up" I answered, releasing my phone from my ear into the box I was carrying without hanging up.

"Please leave the boxes in that corner" I told the movers, tilting my head towards the sink while I carefully placed the box in my hand onto the table.

"The bed goes in that room" I pointed, watching the movers tilt the frame expertly through the door before placing it down.

The apartment was silent after they unloaded everything, a weird dull ache spreading into my heart as I scanned the empty room full of cardboard boxes. Here I am again, alone in another country.

My mom kept calling every other hour, asking if I was done settling into the new apartment ever since I landed, her nagging somehow making my ears ring even with the distance.

I sighed as my phone rang again, picking up and putting her on loudspeaker, wanting her to get her nagging over and done with.

"Hi Mom"

"Jackson. Finally. Are you done settling in yet? Did you miss anything out? Do you need me to send you anything?"

"I'm fine mom"

"Are you sure? Make sure you lock your windows and doors. Did you bring enough clothes?"

"Mom. They have shops here and I'm on the seventeenth floor. The only thing that will come through my window is a bird" I laughed, giving up and shaking my head at the phone.

"I'm unpacking my boxes now. And here I thought I don't have much stuff anymore" I continued, sorting through my stuff.

"Lock them anyway... and well. You are moving there for who knows how long..." she sighed, the guilt of ignoring her first few calls biting at me.

"And you can come and visit me" I prompted, smiling as I started filling up the empty spaces, the organised mess around me making the empty apartment finally feeling like my space.

"I take you up on that" my mom warned, letting out a short laugh.

"Yes mom" I laughed, taking out the framed family photo and setting it on the shelf.

"Say hi to dad for me" I added, staring at the photo.

"I will" she replied, ending the call.

I continued unpacking my stuff, folding all the empty boxes to one corner before standing there and taking in my open apartment. I had managed to fill the empty space, my mind distracted as I finally unloaded the rest of my things.

I stretched as I stood, cracking my back and neck with a groan when I was finally done, realising that it was just past midnight. I changed into my running shorts and shirt, deciding to go for a run to familiarise myself with the surroundings after bringing the boxes down for recycling.

~

I followed the road and jogged around the neighbourhood, taking in the different shops and amenities nearby. The signs were all in Korean, the realisation that I was in a different country making the permanent smile on my face widen.

I headed back towards my apartment building with a bounce in my jog, turning around the bend when I saw a small white dog running towards me.

The dog's leash was getting dragged along behind, the owner nowhere in sight as it ran at full speed. I quickly turned and grabbed the leash, scraping my knees slightly as I didn't manage to catch myself in time.

"Hello cutie" I cooed, petting the dog as it realised that it wasn't getting anywhere. I stroked the back of his ears and his cheek, the dog leaning happily into my hand. I took one side of my earpiece off, oddly not seeing the owner anywhere nearby.

"You're adorable" I crooned, continuing to pet it until it ended up flopping onto it's back, letting me rub it's belly. I laughed as the dog's leg twitched happily as I rubbed his ribs, his tongue lolling out of his mouth as he panted.

I paused and looked around the area but still saw no one, the dog taking that opportunity to flip back upright and jump on me. I bent down and lifted him into my arms instead, laughing as he licked my face when I heard someone calling out.

"Co! Ah... that's my dog. Thank you" I heard a guy say and looked up. He was dressed in an oversized hoodie paired with sweatpants, his nose and lips covered by a black mask.

"He's a really cute dog" I smiled, handing the dog to his arms.

"Erm. Are you sure this is your dog?" I asked, frowning slightly at the way the dog was fidgeting in his arms and trying to hop back onto the ground.

"Yes... he is just really hyper" he answered, his focus still on struggling to contain the dog in his arms.

"Let me?" I asked, pointing at the dog.

"Erm. Yeah" he mumbled, letting me adjust the dog in his arms. I took a step forward and couldn't help my laughter as the dog licked my face, craning my neck to turn my face away from his slobber.

I shifted the dog so that he was comfortable, adjusting the guy's arms so that he held the dog firmly. I took a step back when I was done, realising that my sweaty self must stink.

"Here" I gestured, using both my hands to pass the leash back to him before wiping my cheeks.

"Erm. Thank you. Again" he mumbled, his barely visible eyes locking onto mine from underneath his hood.

"It's okay" I brushed off, giving him a slight bow and smile. I should get home... my knees throbbed slightly and I ignored them, wanting to just get home and shower.

"Bye" I added before turning away and plugging my earpiece back in. I continued my run back to the apartment, my knees feeling better than I thought. I wonder if I should get a dog here...

~

My knees scabbed over the weekend, the bruises making them look worse than it felt. I felt too lazy to get up and out of the apartment despite that and laid sprawled out on the sofa, deciding to just order food in and relax as I was starting work the next day.

I lazed around my apartment and ate while watching my favourite shows, watching old series and movies because I could.

I groped blindly for my phone, answering it without looking as my eyes glued to the movie playing on my screen.

"I still can't believe you're so far away. I'm coming over in 3 months for sure" my best friend, Mark grumbled over the phone.

"Well hello to you too. Yes, I've unpacked everything and have settled in, the weather is wonderful here too" I replied before cracking up, knowing how hard he would be rolling his eyes.

"Ugh. I want to be there already. Everything sucks here now" he groaned, the thump in the background letting me know he probably just flopped himself onto his bed.

"Aww. You miss me" I laughed, earning a snort from him.

"Oh buzz off. Have you met any celebrities yet?" he asked, his tone suddenly light.

"Ha. I'm unlucky as anything remember? Plus I'm bumming at the apartment since work starts on Monday"

"You never know... wait. Do I hear Iron Man in the background. Oh God"

"What? I love Iron Man..."

"Nobody watches it on repeat like you do"

"Well. I told you I don't want to join your super secret boy band"

"I hate you so much sometimes when I know what that means" he sighed, earning a laugh from me.

We continued chatting on the phone, the two of us starting a movie marathon together while we chatted, the weekend zooming by like that.

~

It has been two months since I moved and nothing seemed to have changed, the same work and no life balance every day while my weekends were spent with me being a good potato, growing spuds even without the sun.

It felt like my English was going to be rusty at this rate and listened to English songs whenever I could, Mark laughing at the way I was beginning to pronounce some words.

I sighed while hefting my bag strap slightly higher, my mood sullen as I remembered that Mark might have to postpone his trip due to him not being able to get off work. My mood dampened further by the thought, my steps heavier as I made my way from the carpark.

I dragged my feet to the elevator lobby from my car, leaning tiredly against the wall while waiting for the doors to open. Work was long and dreary with nothing really to look forward to but the weekend, the thought of getting a dog coming to mind again. The guy's face came to mind, his round eyes that looked so bright even though his hood was up.

His eyes seemed familiar somehow, my brain too tired to think of it after the long day of work. I'm just guessing that he is good looking under that mask...

I zoned out as I stared down at my shoes, the shuffling of sneakers into my view snapping me out of it as I raised my head up. The group of guys who came out from the lift were rowdy, shoving each other and freezing when I looked at them. What?

I blinked at them before entering the now vacant elevator, leaning into the corner without giving it too much thought. Maybe I should go out this weekend and get a dog... I hardly have time except for the weekends though. Wouldn't it be too mean to my dog?

I entered my apartment and stared at my quiet cluttered space, linking my phone up to blast the music out instead. There was a thump from next door the Aunty always complaining about my music and vacuuming every morning if I meet her.

I turned my music down to a lower volume, doing a stupid dance and singing my way to the shower. It's a new day...

~

"Good morning" I greeted, bowing to the aunty next door as she opened her door when I did.

She sniffed in response, nodding before commenting about my music "your music. It's too loud"

"I'm sorry. I'll try keep it down" I apologised, knowing better than to say otherwise.

"At least you're quieter than unit 9. The person is always back late, wakes up late, has a dog sometimes and always plays music so loudly. Who cares what he works as" she grumbled.

I smiled politely at her, wondering how she even had someone's schedule nailed down.

"I have to leave for work. I'm sorry for not bringing anything when I introduced myself" I smiled awkwardly.

"No, no. Not at all. I can tell you're a hardworking guy at least" she sniffed, seemingly holding herself back from more comments.

"I'll introduce myself properly again during the long weekend" I bowed, backing away slowly towards the elevators.

"Okay. Go" she waved. I smiled and bowed one last time before rushing to the elevators, knowing that I was already running late.

~

My mind was filled with thoughts of work even as I left, counting down till the long weekend already. I headed to the mart to buy some ingredients for cooking, wondering if I should even head for a run. Well... if I have the time.

I lugged everything towards the elevator, hearing the rowdy people coming down again. I stuck towards the corner, ignoring them as they exited the elevator when one of them caught my eye.

They turned to look at me and I averted my gaze, ignoring them as I jabbed the close door button, trying to place why one of them looked so familiar. Ah well.

I packed the stuff away into the cupboard and fridge, nibbling on some chocolate which I had gotten as my reward for the day.

My company was going to release the news of my promotion in the upcoming week and there was supposed to be some interview after.

I showered and laid in bed after, watching some show to sleep when I let out a sigh, realising my days were a repeated cycle. Is that all there is to life?

A/N: hi. It's been a long, long while. I hope you've all been well and are keeping safe. Been procrastinating on uploading because I don't know where this was going and whether I would like it? Ah well. Hope you all do enjoy it. Thank you for reading wonderful people. ☺️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1.2K 15
"уσυ'ℓℓ нανє тσ ℓινє ωιтн нιм, тαкє ¢αяє σf нιѕ иєє∂ѕ, αи∂ ℓσσк συт fσя нιѕ нєαℓтн." * ι ∂σи'т σωи тнє ρнσтσѕ * [¢ σ м ρ ℓ є т є ∂]
10.5K 584 30
Second book after Cats. (I suck at writing descriptions) Check out Cats if you haven't read it yet! 💚❤️
146K 5.5K 42
Highest rank: #1 in Markson 9/4/19 #18 in Korean #1 in igot7 Boy X Boy Got7 MarkXJackson Read to fi...
205K 8.9K 60
"I can do anything if you tell me good boy" In which Yugyeom is Got7's good boy. __________ Got7 is just really gay in this story. And in real life- ...