Animal instincts Avengers x m...

By ARROW1128

You were made to kill, it was in your nature. You were the perfect solider: strong, agile, smart, and cruel... More

Interrogation
Testing you
Three months
Friendly Fire
Snow
Christmas
Birthdays
Suit Up
Road Trip
T-shirts
Asgard
Disguise
Wizards
Family Reunion
Sakaar
Grandmaster
Korg
Pre-fight
Announcement?
Contest Of Champions
The Champion
Lord of Thunder
Rigged Fight
Change of Plans
Revolution
Welcome Back
Precautions
Late Night Snack
Home Sweet Home
Pep Talk
Noise
Video Files
Familiar Face
Dr. A
Blackout
Simulation
Halloween
Meeting
One Time thing
Choice
Decision
Consequences
Intruder
Anger
Captive
Reprogram
First Phase
Last Phase
Regret
Assignment
Deal
Showtime
Break
Lunch
Royalty
Raid
Peter
Escape
Too Late
Serum
Animal
Hulkbuster
Dr. Harold Abbott
Ache
Scared
Heal
Food
Apologies
Solution
Recognition
So What Will It Be?

Good Luck

6.7K 280 50
By ARROW1128

As you flew the ship closer to the Bifrost you could see Asgardians on the bridge halfway across, but you could also see a giant black shape blocking their path.

"Get me closer!" Valkyrie shouted. You did as told and swooped down towards the figure allowing Valkyrie to fire at it and stop it from getting any closer.

"Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees the giant wolf," Bruce told you as he looked down at what Valkyrie was firing at.

"Oh no," you told him, pressing some buttons on the console, "I definitely see it too."

Trying to keep the ship steady you noticed undead soldiers coming from the other side of the bridge. Thankfully living up to the stories the Asgardian people fought back defending themselves. On the Bifrost side of the bridge, Valkyrie didn't seem to be doing any damage to the wolf just pissing it off.

She stopped firing and shouted in frustration, "This stupid dog won't die!"

You looked at the buttons on the ship's console trying to see if you could do anything useful. Meanwhile, Bruce seemed to have decided on what to do. He stood up from his seat and stood next to Valkyrie in the back. "Everything's going to be okay. I got this. You want to know who I am?"

She looked at him confused, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"You'll see."

You looked behind you just as Bruce jumped out of the ship. "Did he just jump?!"

On the bridge, the wolf charged towards the Asgardians getting closer by the second. There was nothing stopping him until Splat! Bruce fell face first on the bridge causing the creature to stop in its tracks and sniff his limp body. When nothing happened, it continued towards its target snarling. You thought they were all goners until suddenly you noticed a large green figure tug on the beast's tail. It's pulled away from the people and now an angry green Hulk stands in its way.

They began to fight but ended up falling off from the bridge and into the water. Valkyrie looks at you shocked and confused but doesn't have time to ask you anything as alarms start blaring in the ship. You look outside the windshield and notice undead soldiers climbing on the side of your ship tearing into it. You tried to shake them off, but they had already caused too much damage.

"Hold on!" you told Valkyrie maneuvering the ship so it would go skidding down the bridge taking a few soldiers with it. Valkyrie started fighting those that were still moving and gestured for you to go help the people as they were starting to get overrun.

You ran over and started to take down soldier after soldier, tearing their heads off was easy as they were already dead but the problem was no matter how many you took out more just kept coming at you. A few of them managed to grab hold of your arms pulling you back as another approached you with its blade. As it was about to lounge it was bashed to the ground and the ones pulling you back were pulled off you. You looked at your helpers and saw Korg standing there with a few gladiators by his side.

"Hey man, how's it going? We're going to jump on that spaceship and get out of here. Want to come?" he asked you.

"What- How-" You turned hearing a loud engine coming behind you. Appearing from the fog you saw a giant ship and on it none other than the god of mischief standing with his arms wide surrounded by the rest of the gladiators.

"Your savior is here!"

As the ship docked next to the bridge, Loki and the gladiators got off to fight and help escort the Asgardians. "Did you miss me? Everybody on that ship, now."

Loki passed Heimdall who nodded at him. "Welcome home. I saw you coming."

"Of course, you did." Loki then turns in your direction and you run towards him picking him up in your arms and laughing. "I can see you missed me too."

"What's with the delay?" You put him back down.

"I had to make a proper entrance." You would have kept talking but another round of undead soldiers started coming your way. You both charged them keeping their attention away from the people trying to get on the ship.

As you used your claws to crush one of the soldier's skulls you noticed fireworks coming from the ship that had previously been overrun. You looked and saw Valkyrie appear unscathed with her sword at the ready taking out enemies left and right. The fireworks supplied a dramatic backdrop.

You turned to Loki as he stabbed a soldier in the face. "I think she beat your entrance."

He rolled his eyes and continued to fight. From below the bridge, you caught a glimpse of Hulk thrashing around in the water with the giant Wolf. It was tough to tell who was winning but you couldn't do anything from up here.

At one point it felt like you weren't making much of a difference as you and your allies were still surrounded by enemies but when you were starting to lose hope you heard a loud crack of thunder coming from the city. It was as though the fighting stopped just for a second as you saw a giant ball of lightning shoot Hela into the sky. Having seen this before you cheered as you watched Thor descend onto the bridge, electricity pulsing around him.

He moved like a bolt of lightning, surging through the army of undead in quick slashing jolts. It was a remarkable sight and seemed to encourage everyone on your side. Finally, it looked as though the enemy's numbers were decreasing. You, Loki, Valkyrie, and Thor were able to briefly regroup.

Thor looked at his brother, "You're late."

"You're missing an eye," Loki shot back. He was right, Thor was indeed missing an eye, but it didn't seem to stop him from fighting.

Valkyrie whistled, grabbing everyone's attention. "This isn't over."

On the far side of the bridge, you saw Hela walking slowly towards you. She didn't seem to be in a hurry to get this over with which just made her appear menacing.

"I think we should disband the Revengers," Thor announced.

"Good call," you told him.

Loki turned to his brother, "Hit her with a lightning blast."

"I just hit her with the biggest lightning blast in the history of lightning. It did nothing," Thor told him.

"We need to hold her off until everybody's on board," Valkyrie told him.

Thor looked back at his people as the last of them were climbing onto the ship. You could practically see the gears moving in his head as he figured out what to do next. Finally, he turned back to you guys. "Odin didn't defeat her last time either, he imprisoned her."

"How?" Loki asked.

"With a spell, he trapped Hela."

"And you wanna do that? With what spell?" Valkyrie asked him. Hela was getting closer by the second, you didn't have much time.

"I can figure it out," Loki told him, "You'll probably need to lead her back to the palace. Also, someone will need to buy me some time."

"Valkyrie and I will do that," he then turned to you, "Get everyone out of harm's way so that Hela will focus on us."

"On it," you told him.

You and Loki run down the bridge. You make it to the giant ship holding everyone and are about to board but Loki grabs your arm and pulls you towards him. Before you can ask why he presses your lips together in a hasty kiss and then steps back.

"Good luck," he tells you before running towards the Grandmaster's party ship. You stand in shock for a bit processing what had just happened until Korg called your name snapping you out of it. You ran aboard and took one last look at Loki flying towards the palace before turning to one of the gladiators.

"Let's get out of here," you ordered.

The ship started to fly into the air, the sounds of Thor, Valkyrie, and Hela fighting frightening close. You were sure the plan was going to work until Hela noticed you all making your escape. She raised her hand and a giant black spike came out from the ground and pierced the edge of the ship preventing it from flying away.

The Asgardians screamed as a bunch of undead soldiers started to climb the spike and tried to get on the ship. You and some other gladiators stood in their way throwing them off and protecting the people. You were tearing the arm off one of the soldiers as you felt someone push you aside. You looked over and saw Skurge, the Asgardian you had met when you first came to Asgard. You had heard he had been helping Hela, so you were about to tackle him to the ground until you noticed him wielding two M-16s and firing at the enemy. You stood back shielding people behind you as Skurge hopped off the ship and distracted the undead soldiers allowing the ship to free itself.

He looked back and nodded at you before facing Hela, "Hela!"

Hela turned to Skurge who was blasting his way through her soldiers trying to make his way to her. Looking disappointed she fired a blade to his chest, and he fell to the ground dead. You were not in the position to say he had redeemed himself, but he did buy your ship enough time to get the hell out of there.

From above before the doors of the ship closed you managed to catch a glimpse of a green figure climb onto the bridge and charge at Hela. You also watched as Thor waved you off telling you to go. You pushed another gladiator towards the cockpit and told him to tell whoever was driving to get all you out of there fast. You took one last look at your friends and then the doors closed as the ship finally took off.

The pilot of the ship stopped once you were all in a safe distance from the fight but were still able to see Asgard in the distance. You moved everyone out of the loading zone and into an observation deck so there was more space and the wounded could be treated. The whole ship was quiet as everyone looked out to their home waiting to see what would become of it. You waited for a sign to make sure your friends were all okay

Heimdall joined you and you spoke quietly to him, "You think they'll make it?"

"I do not know," he answered honestly. It felt like forever, but it may have been just a few minutes until you saw a bright flash cover all Asgard and then stop.

"What was that?!"

Heimdall did not answer, he just looked as surprised as you. He ordered the pilot to take you back at once as the people around you whispered to one another. You couldn't tell if Heimdall was worried or relieved as he then led everyone off the ship once you landed in front of the palace. He walked straight into the throne room and the sight you saw made you smile.

Sitting on the throne was none other than Thor. He looked exhausted and beaten but he nodded at you and Heimdall telling you it was over. Next to him stood Valkyrie, Loki, and Hulk, all of them looking just as tired. You noticed the people around you started to bow in respect, and you followed suit. The plan had worked and although Asgard had suffered a heavy loss it was still standing and had a new king to help it heal.

Standing straight you looked over at Hulk who started to shrink in size until he was just Bruce holding up his stretched pants. He looked around confused, "Did we win?"

After Thor had officially taken up the throne the Asgardian people lived up to their resilient nature and immediately started to get to work. You and Bruce had been given the chance to leave for Earth but you both decided to stay for at least a week to help. You helped set up temporary shelters in the palace grounds and Bruce helped treat the wounded. Valkyrie helped in handing out resources, and Heimdall and Loki consulted with Thor in reconstruction. You had even been given some Asgardian medicine that helped flush the alien blood out of your system and got rid of the side effects. Things were not exactly going back to normal, but they were getting better. Many were getting the chance to properly mourn including Thor himself. There was a large funeral for all who had lost their lives before and after the fight.

Finally, when there seemed to be some sort of stability the people decided to celebrate their new king and his triumph. Thor didn't seem too eager but didn't pass up the chance for his people to be happy after the ordeal they had just been through. It was during this celebration that you ran into Valkyrie as she was pleasantly drinking but this time at a more moderate pace.

"I think this is the first time I haven't watched you chug a whole bottle," you joked.

She smiled and wrapped her arms around your shoulders. "I thought I would take it easy tonight. After all Asgardian celebrations tend to last more than one day, it'll be a shame if I get burned out before the fun has started."

"That's true. I'm sorry I won't be able to join you for the rest of it."

She frowned, "You're leaving already?"

"Bruce and I are leaving tomorrow. We have people waiting for us back on Midgard."

She nodded in understanding and smiled again, "You're a brave warrior (Y/N) and it was a pleasure fighting with you."

You shook her hand firmly, "The pleasure was mine Val."

You continued to talk and were even joined by a certain black-haired god. Many times, during the night people would congratulate all three of you as they passed by. You felt a bit uncomfortable not entirely used to praise being given with such sincerity. Noticing your discomfort Loki gestured for you to follow him.

You both walked silently through a long hallway until he led you onto a large balcony. You leaned against the rail and looked out to the city, it was still damaged because of Hela but with the people feasting and celebrating in the streets it gave it a little charm.

"You should have seen it before," Loki told you, "It was a gorgeous sight."

"Maybe after you fix it up, I'll come to visit so I can see it in person."

There was a short pause before Loki spoke up, "You know you don't have to go."

You sighed, "I know... but I want to. I have a lot of unfinished business on Earth, and..."

"You have friends."

"Yeah. To be honest, when I joined the team, I just used it as a way out of Hydra. I was planning on ditching them once I got the chance," you confessed.

"Why didn't you?"

"I don't know... I liked the whole team dynamic. They're like a family, a little damaged and unusual but they make it work. I never had something like that."

"I still think they're idiots," he joked, making you laugh.

"What about you? You seem to be settling in well."

"My brother has lifted the sentence Odin had given me. I no longer have to go to Midgard."

"That's...great. A fresh start."

Loki put his hand on your arm and smiled softly, "Don't think this is the last we'll see of each other."

"It won't be the same without you."

"Of course not, my presence was a gift on Midgard."

"Whatever you say, your majesty." You got quiet for a bit debating whether to bring up a certain topic. "So about that thing on the bridge-"

"What thing?" he asked amused. He knew what you meant but wanted to see you struggle to say it aloud. It wasn't that you were shy about it you just couldn't think of a way to ask him about it.

"You know," you gestured between the both of you, "the whole good luck kiss."

He leaned a little closer to you and was about to tell you something until none other than the king of Asgard walked in smiling broadly holding to cups of mead. "What are you two doing here, the party is out there!"

You stepped back from Loki and gladly took one of the cups from Thor. "You're in a good mood."

"With the work we have ahead of us who knows when my people will have an opportunity to relax like this again," he told you, "I want them to enjoy it as long as they can."

"It'll be fine," Loki told him, sounding sincere.

Thor smiled softly, "Thank you, brother.... Valkyrie was looking for you by the way."

"Well, I doubt that's anything good." He smiled at you once more and gave Thor a friendly pat on the back as he walked back to the party.

"It suits you," you told Thor after Loki had stepped away.

"What does?" he asked. You pointed at his eyepatch and he chuckled, "Oh yes of course. I've been told it makes me look like my father."

"I can see that."

"Did he ask you?" Thor asked, changing the subject. Knowing what he meant you nodded. "What did you decide?"

"I'm going back to Earth, Thor. Like I told Loki, I have some unfinished business."

"Hydra?"

"Hydra."

"Well know that if you ever need anything Agard is at your service," he told you sincerely.

"I would hope so, we're teammates after all," you joked.

"And friends," he added, "just like the ones waiting for you back home."

"Yeah... What do you think they've been saying about us while we were gone?"

"Who knows. You and Banner will have a hell of a tale to tell though."

"If they even believe us."

"If it's any comfort the people of Asgard will never forget what you've done for them. They will forever tell the tale of the mighty (Y/N) who came to their aid in their time of need," he said dramatically.

"I am kind of a hero, aren't I?" You puffed your chest out slightly pretending to be overconfident.

Thor laughed, "Definitely."

After your chat, you both joined your friends as they continued to eat, drink, and laugh for the rest of the night. Tony threw some impressive parties on Earth but none of them were quite like an Asgardian one. And according to Heimdall, this wasn't even half as big and lively as they normally were. Drinking too much mead was a sure way of giving yourself a killer hangover even with your fast metabolism so you decided to stop after a few. Bruce, on the other hand, had to stop around two as the stuff was too strong for him.

The next day you grabbed your stuff which was mostly gifts and souvenirs you were excited to display in your room and then headed to the Bifrost with Bruce. He too had a few souvenirs. Valkyrie gave you a ride in the grandmaster's old ship and when you got there you were met by Loki, Thor, and Heimdall. Heimdall stood ready with his sword for when you decided to go.

Thor pulled you both into a hug. "I'll see you two soon."

"Take care of yourself," Bruce told him.

You then moved on to Valkyrie who gave you each a hug as well. "Don't be strangers."

"We won't," you told her.

Finally, you stopped in front of Loki who smiled softly at both of you. "Well, Banner I hope this means there's no longer hard feelings between us."

Bruce laughed having grown more comfortable being around Loki over the past few days. "I guess so, as long as you don't plan on taking over Earth anymore."

"I'll keep that in mind." He turned to you, "Until next time I suppose."

"Until next time," you responded.

"Asgard will remember what you've done for us Avengers," Heimdall announced.

"Make sure they don't cause any trouble without us," Banner told him.

Heimdall nodded and plunged his sword into the mechanism activating the Bifrost. When you were both facing the portal, you waved one last time to your friends and then stepped into it. The ride back to Earth was slower than you remembered but once you landed on solid ground you and Bruce looked around noticing you were standing on the roof of Avengers tower. You both smiled and walked inside.

Immediately after you enter the building a familiar voice greets you. "Hello Mr. (L/N), Dr. Banner. Would you like me to alert the rest of the team of your arrival?"

"No, we'll do that," Banner spoke to Friday, "Where are they?"

"They haven't been to the tower in a few months," she responded, "They no longer operate in this facility."

"Then where the hell are, they?" you asked.

"In the new facility located in upstate New York."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654K 12.6K 53
❛ THERE WAS AN IDEA . . . ❜ this is a completed collection of preference and one shots of several Marvel characters, namely the Aveng...
163K 3.7K 35
I was in my straight phase when I wrote this
43.4K 1.8K 83
Naturally, you were one of the toughest and most skilled soldiers in the world, but being tossed into a world where the entire universe depends on yo...
371K 12.2K 118
Steve Rogers has been pining over you for a full year since you joined the Avengers initiative. You are close friends with Clint, Nat, and Bruce. He...