Regret

You weren't completely aware of what you were doing. Once Abbott spoke, your body went into autopilot as it carried out his orders. You couldn't stop yourself.

As you attacked the people in the room with you, there wasn't an ounce of hesitation. Their pleas for you to stop fell on deaf ears. Why would you listen to them anyway? You didn't know them.

"You need to stop this," Thor pleaded as he blocked your blows. He didn't want to harm you, but you were making it very difficult.

"Try saying something he might remember," Tony said as he slammed into you, making you fall back. "We might be able to jog his memory."

You got up from the ground and were about to go after Tony, but Clint grabbed your attention by shooting an arrow at your feet. "Hey, it's me, Clint. You remember me, right bud."

You snarled at him, but that didn't discourage the archer. "Remember the first time we celebrated Christmas together? You got so drunk on Asgardian mead you fell asleep on the kitchen table."

Shaking off a sudden nauseous feeling, you grabbed a knife and threw it at him. It would have hit its mark if Wanda hadn't stopped it a few inches away from Clint's face. She threw it back, and it hit the wall next to your ear. You glared at her, but she didn't flinch.

"I didn't like you when we first met," she admitted, "but now you're one of my best friends (Y/N). We both had our experiences with Hydra. You know they're just using you. Abbott doesn't care about you."

"Bold words, Ms. Maximoff," Dr. Abbott said over the speakers. "I've always done what was best for (Y/N); can the rest of you say the same?"

"You've only been looking after yourself," Steve shot back.

Abbott laughed in amusement. "Is that so? Then explain this."

An audio recording started to play over the speakers. It was easy to identify the two voices as Steve and Tony.

"Did you add a tracker to the suit?" Steve asked.

"Multiple," Tony answered. "Nobody will find them unless they tear that suit apart."

"I figured he wouldn't like the bracelet. It's a good thing we had a backup." There was a short pause. "What?"

"Don't you think you're being a bit of a hypocrite? Weren't you against having the government do this to us? Now you're the one doing it."

"He worked for Hydra; we have to take some precautions-"

"What precautions are we taking for Bucky or Wanda or Pietro; they were Hydra too?"

"Bucky didn't have an option, and the twins were manipulated. They made the change on their own."

"What about (Y/N)? He made the change too! With the information he gave us, we have been taking out Hydra agents faster than we were without him. He helped Thor save Asgard!"

"He was raised in Hydra! He grew up with their beliefs and their orders. I won't deny he has helped us so far; it's just that he has been vague about his time there. He never mentioned Dr. Abbott or the base he grew up in."