Lunch

You scowled at the tray of food that was handed to you. You don't think any of the stuff should even be considered edible. It didn't look appetizing at all.

"Looks like they're serving your favorite," one of the agents says.

You do remember enjoying the food they gave you, but for some reason, it just didn't seem as tasty anymore. "Aren't there other options?"

You pushed the tray of food away from you, surprising some of the other agents. You weren't one to turn down a meal.

"What else would you want? All the protein you need is right there."

Someone slid the tray back in front of you, and you finally gave in. You took a bite of the grey stuff and were disappointed with the lack of flavor. You were craving something better. Maybe even something sweet. Anything but this.

"I'm not hungry," you admit. "I'm going to bed early." The other agents just shrugged as you walked out of the cafeteria.

When you got to your room, you slumped down on your bed and looked around. The grey walls surrounding you didn't help brighten your mood. You just weren't feeling like yourself lately, and you couldn't figure out why.

It was frustrating and made you angry. Although you could remember your old habits and routine, it felt odd doing them. As if you became another person overnight, it just didn't feel right.

Thinking about it made your head hurt, and your thoughts started to become all fuzzy. Which then led to you getting angry again. And with no other way to express that frustration, you took it out on your room.

You ripped apart your pillows and pushed off everything from your desk. You then started hitting the concrete wall until your knuckles hurt. You did anything to distract yourself from what you were feeling.

Your destructive behavior was interrupted by the sound of someone knocking on your door. You opened it a bit so that they wouldn't be able to see inside. "Yes?"

"A message from Dr. Abbott," the agent responded.

He handed you a file, and you took it before shutting your door again. It most likely had the information about the mission he was so eager for you to go on.

"Avenger's compound," you read out loud. "Where's that at?"

-_-_-_-_-_
A/N: short update this week. I got a surprise for the next chapter.