Missed Me, Missed Me, Now You...

By MusicxXxGuru

Piper Smithson and Liam Nelson were best friends. That was when they were seven and eight years old. Since mo... More

Missed Me, Missed Me, Now You Gotta Kiss Me
Howdy, Partner
Reesey and Lefroy
Just Peachy
Who Do You Think You Are
Pete's
Will You Never Learn?
It's On Like Donkey Kong, Bitch
You Can Be Racial to Vegetarians
A Little Late To Chill
Better Than Christmas
Crazy for This Girl-Liam's POV
Dumped on the Ass
The Cookout
Rescue Race
Missed Me, Missed Me
Now You Gotta Kiss Me
You Have No Right
He's Perfect....In a Douchey Way
On the Set of Along Came Polly
Oh, So He Speaks!
You're In Love With Him
A Starry Night
It Takes Two to Make Two
Nice, but Definitely Not Liam
There's a Fire Starting in My Heart
Lulu; the Drama Queen
Take a Load Off
Why You Gotta Be So Mean? [Filler]
Prom Shopping
Par-tay Like it's Yawr Birthday
The Not So Starry Night
Shit Happens...Well, Unil It Matters. Suddenly When You Need it, There's No Shit
We Can Do This, You and I; Together
This is the Part Where You Dish
It Makes Me Happy....Dr.
Let's Find Out
Yes or No?
If You're Gonna be My Girlfriend
The Sleepover (Chapter 40!!!!)
That Coulda Gone Better
The Call
D'you Want S'more?
Just Spill
Shit Disturber
Time with Dad
Birthday Slosh
Finally; Something's Gotta Give
Epilogue

Whoa. Rewind. Everyone Take a Deep Breath and.....WHAT?!

95.6K 1K 170
By MusicxXxGuru

    Would it be terribly pathetic if I told you I was still mad at Liam? Would it be completely ridiculous if I told you that was a week ago?

  So far, I was surviving the spring. Just another two months and a half and off to Arizona I go for the summer! Sooki and I devised a plan. Whatever plans Liam had over the summer, he could count me out of them. Pronto. Only now was the reasoning for wanting to get the hell outta dodge slightly because of him. This whole grown=up-best-friend thing was not all it's cracked up to be.

  You know what I mean. According to the books and movies, I was supposed to be in bed with Liam like a week ago. Fortunately, I didn't go by the books. That, and, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I was a practicing virgin.

  That's all that's being said about that.

  Avoiding Liam was a lot easier than I thought. I finally knew the days he worked at the farm!

  Every day. But still. I knew the hours!

  He got there as early as seven o'clock. So, all I had to do was wake Lulu up early so we could have breakfast at McDonald's at six o'clock and find something to do until school started. Liam left the farm, however, closer to eight thirty. So, I just had to calculate the right time to pull down the driveway. At four thirty he was training horses. It was a longshot, I had to leave directly after school, but I always made it.

  You wanna know the really sad part? I hoped he'd figure it out and know exactly why I was mad at him and finally stop liking me.

  That and I really hated avoiding him........

  I mean-it was hard work!

  Ugh, but anyway. You know, part of avoiding Liam is not talking-or thinking-about him. If that really is true, I'm doing a lame job, indeed.

  I found out, though, it wasn't hard at all to forget about Liam. As it turns out, you can think of something else entirely and end up wishing avoiding a boy was your simplest problem.

  All your parents had to do was sit you down in the living room one day after school and say:

  "Honey," my mom started. "We have something to tell you....."

  Initially, I'd been relieved in Arizona when they'd sat me down and told me we were moving. At first, I thought they were going to tell me they were getting a divorce-even though that was completely out of nowhere. My parents were happy together. It would be like dropping an atomic bomb.

  So, naturally, as they sat me down again the word DIVORCE flashed across my mind like the plague. I just sat there, waiting for them to continue.

  My mom looked to my dad and I could see she was hiding a smile. It made me want to shake her and scream, GET ON WITH IT ALREADY! But I maintained my cool.

  My dad nodded, giving my mom the go.

  My legs and hands shook with anticipation and now I was sure it showed in my eyes.

  Taking a deep breath that seemed to last a whole five minutes, my mom finally said, "Honey, I'm pregnant."

  I just sat there, my face blank. Wait, had I heard right? I'm freaking seventeen years old-almost eighteen-and my mom just now decides to have a freaking baby? Was that even possible? Ew, that meant my parents still "did it". Ugh, so blocking out mental pictures right now. I mean, but seriously! I thought there was like an age limit or something?

  "Oh....gross," I muttered under my breath without thinking.

  Luckily, my mother heard not a word and carried on with her story. "I know, isn't it wonderful? You're going to have a baby sister!"

  "Or brother," my dad added elatedly.

  They were both smiling expectedly at me, waiting for what I had to say.

  Okay, so I have to admit, I got used to the idea of being an only child. You get spoiled, it happens. The very thought of sharing my parents sent angry chills down my spine. And, coincidentally, I think I was cracking up.

  I stood up quickly. "What?!"

  My mom blinked, her smile faltering just a little bit. "Honey, what's....I don't understand. Why're you upset?"

  "You should be happy," my dad said sternly, his hand clutching my mother's defensively.

  Of course they wouldn't understand. "I mea.....I...it's just....Gah! I can't believe you two! Mom, you're what, forty-one now? Don't you think you're a little old for a baby? I'll be the one who ends up taking care of it!"

  My mom's smile vanished. "I thought you'd be happy."

  I gave out a short, crazed laugh. "Happy? I've been an only child for seventeen years! What part about having a new baby would make me happy!"

  My dad was full out glaring at me now. "You're being selfish, Piper. And I really don't care for your tone."

  I snorted-which was big business, because my dad hated it when I sassed back. "Okay, so, Dad, you just lost your job. Now you're gonna have a fu-uh, uh, freaking baby?!"

  For a minute, my parents just stared at me, like I was in the wrong.

  With a pout worthy of an anime movie, I literally stomped out of the house with my hands clenched, slamming the front door behind me. Without even consciously aware of doing so, I took off at a ran towards the barn, even though I knew darn well that was Liam's beat up truck parked by the lover cherry trees.

  I rushed into the barn, tears quickly falling down my cheeks. As soon as he saw me, he drowned, crossing his arms tightly over his chest, holding something in his hands-there was a horse in the crossties, so I figured it had something to do with that.

  "Well, well, she shows her face after-oof!"

  Liam stumbled back as I ran into his arms, holding tightly onto his torso. He just stood there, paralyzed, until a choked sob escaped me. Slowly, his arms comfortably wrapped around me, gently holding me closer to him.

  "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked in a much gentler voice than earlier.

  I shook my head and cried, mumbling what my problem was, though I doubt he could understand me through my tears and with my mouth pressed against his shirt.

  He smoothed back my hair, waiting for me to continue, but not saying so outright. It should have pissed me off that he was so comfortable holding me, but it didn't. It felt...nice. Comforting, you know?

  Right.

  Without lifting my head up-I wasn't a Hollywood crier; my face got horrible blotchy and my eyes puffy-I said more clearly, "My mom's pregnant."

  Liam didn't say anything for a minute. "Wow."

  "Yeah," I sniffed, turning my head so my cheek was resting just under his shoulder.

  "Wow.....I mean, no offense, but I didn't think that was even legal."

  I started laughing, my voice thick with tears. "I know, right?"

  "You okay?"

  I nodded, lifting my face to wipe my nose with the sleeve of my hoodie. "I will be, when I stop being a selfish brat."

  "Hey," he said softly, pulling my matted hair away from my face. I looked up at him, only now realizing how much I'd kinda missed him. "You're not being unreasonable."

  I rolled my eyes. "Sure I am. But I'll get over it."

  He gave me a skeptical look. "Really? You've gone longer than I have without any siblings. It's not easy, after having been an only child."

  I shrugged, feeling silly. "Yeah, I guess so....Ugh," I wiped two fingers under my eyes, sure that my mascara was running-I didn't even need mascara; my eyelashes were naturally dark and long.

  Liam gently pulled my hands away from my face, chuckling. "You're fine."

  I rolled my eyes.

  Things got a little awkward after that. I realized how close we still were, how his hands lingered on my arms; how I freaking wouldn't move my ass. It was weird, too, how in a crisis-even one as stupid as my mom getting knocked up-I ran directly for him. No thought attached, I just ran, knowing that he was where I needed comfort and security.

  At the realization of this, I backed away, blushing like mad and laughing nervously to hide my embarrassment.

  Liam stuck the hoof pick-which I realized was what he'd been holding-in his back pocket. "Where'd you go?" he asked softly, and I might have caught a little bit of hurt in his tone.

  For minute, I just blinked, not even knowing what he was talking about. And, feeling like a dumb blonde, I finally got it. "Oh-um....huh-huh, yeah...." How best to explain this to a guy you ran crying to? 'Oh, yeah, I kinda hated you for coming onto me, but don't worry, I'm slightly over it now'. But looking up at his awaiting hazel eyes and puppy-dog-country-face, I just sighed in defeat, slapping my hands down at my sides.

  "Do you really wanna know?" I asked, cringing.

  "Well, yeah, I mean, you've been avoiding me for like a week now."

  For a minute, some part of me was slightly dazzled by his perfect southern accent, and I had to shake myself out of it. Get a grip! I sighed again. "I was mad...." I muttered, looking down at my hands shamefully. It all seemed so silly now. Was it too late to ask if I could cry about my mom's pregnancy again? That was better than this......

  Liam raised a brow. "With me?"

  I nodded shamefully.

  He was quiet for a minute. "Okay.....Um....why?"

  That right there was exactly the question I dreaded he would ask that I did not want to answer. "Uh..." I said nervously, aware he was intently watching me. I laughed, rubbing the back of my neck. "It's stupid, really, I was just in a bad mood an you telling me what to do just kinda threw me...." Shit.

  "Piper."

  I realized my mistake as soon as the words had left my mouth. The subject was up again, and if I knew Liam Nelson-and I wasn't entirely sure I did-he would defend his point.

  Apparently I knew him better than I thought. "I was just looking out for you," he said, his eyes narrowing a bit. "Kyle is not the kinda guy you wanna get involved with."

  "Like I was even...." I stopped, taking a deep breath. "So, there, that's why I was avoiding you. Can we drop it now and be friends?"

  Liam raised a skeptic brow, crossing his arms. "Friends? Have we been friends since you moved, Piper?"

  I swallowed. I had just assumed Liam was just picking up where we left off. I guess it never occurred to me that having me practically reject him might hurt. I held out my hand to him. "Start again? What d'ya say, pal? Friends or foes?"

  The words had just slipped out of my mouth, like I'd never forgotten. They were the very first words I had ever said to Liam, when we were little-his parents were friends with my parents, so we were practically thrown together.

  And, like that day, the corners of Liam's mouth quirked up and he took my hand, shaking it a little more gently than Little Liam had. "Friends. Definitely friends."

  I forced a smile, although something wrong was going on with my stomach as soon as his hand folded around mine in the gentle way it had. I casually pulling my hand away, but the feeling in my stomach didn't quite go away.

  Could me and Liam just be friends?

  I was willing to try. But I didn't quite think he had the intention of just being friends with me. I wasn't sure if it was just attraction or something more. In any case, I was absolutely determined to ignore that part of him and just be friends with him.

  Forgetting all about that foreign feeling in my stomach.

_____________________________________________________________

A/N Yeah, so I know it's shorter than usual, but I'm an impatient gal. These two drive me nuts, I swear. They're so cute! Easily my favorite couple I've written out; more than Damon and Liv, I've gotta admit. They just have a lot of chemistry, you know?

Or maybe I'm wrong.

Thoughts?

Anyway, updating in SYLM's sequel will take time, be patient with me, homies. Unlike the first one, I actually have to write most the chapters, lol! Not just editing this go round, baby!

Anyway, how was everyone's Christmas? I freaking got the most adorable MP3 ever; it's teeny and pink. I know, right? An an entire library of Sarah Dessen books--I effing love her (Dexter all the way, woot, woot!) Oh, an my friend bought me Moulin Rouge--I'm absolutely in love/obsessed with that movie! So I'm gonna post a vid of my favorite song.

Hope you guys have a great New Years, meanwhile I'll be turning 17 *cringes*

VOTES?

COMMENTS?

TTFN,

Hannah

P.S I love y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Code Red By Samantha

Teen Fiction

6.7M 120K 39
“Um, look, we can’t be best friends anymore,” He started. I felt my heart crack as soon as the words left his mouth. “What? Why not?” I asked confus...
195K 6.3K 35
[Complete - Wattpad Featured Story April 2018 ] "You have a contract?" Chase ripped the papers out of Lewis' hands. "And you signed it?" "It's a goo...
73K 6.6K 30
Angie Jones is poor. And not the cute "I wish I could afford Prada" poor, but rather the "a notebook or a sandwich?" kind. But she has a plan. She'll...
116K 4.2K 44
'Tell me then, does love make one a fool or do only fools fall in love?' * * * Jess has had a rough time of it lately. And when...