Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

Від heartofice97

All plot rights go to the CW and executive producers, writers and their character development. Heartofice... Більше

characters & trailer
character theme songs/ships (main characters) & outfit links
chapter 1 - I Know What You Did Last Summer
chapter 2 - True Lies
chapter 3 - Original Sin
chapter 4 - For Whom the Bells Toll
chapter 5 - Monster's Ball
chapter 6 - Handle With Care
chapter 7 - Death and the Maiden
chapter 8 - Dead Man on Campus
chapter 9 - The Cell
chapter 10 - Fifty Shades of Grayson
chapter 12 - The Devil Inside
chapter 13 - Total Eclipse of the Heart
chapter 14 - No Exit
chapter 15 - Gone Girl
chapter 16 - While You Were Sleeping
chapter 17 - Rescue Me
chapter 18 - Resident Evil
chapter 19 - Man on Fire
chapter 20 - What Lies Beneath
chapter 21 - Promised Land
chapter 22 - Home
Bloopers

chapter 11 - 500 Years of Solitude

1.7K 21 32
Від heartofice97

Outfits in the external link 

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Ryan: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 5.09 "The Cell", in the Augustine Cells, Damon and Elena were in their cells

Aaron was outside, aiming a gun at Elena. "A vampire killed my parents. Maybe that was you."

"That was all me," Damon told him.

From 5.10 "Fifty Shades of Grayson", in the living room of the boarding house, Damon and Elena were talking.

"I'm bad, Elena," Damon told her. "I am bad for you. And I'm choosing to let you go."

"You think I'm gonna stand here and judge you after I find out that you've been tortured for five years?" Elena asked.

"Stop defending me!" Damon told her.

From 5.09 "The Cell", in the safe, Stefan and Alex stayed like that for a moment, lying there, facing each other. They were lost in the moment, drifting closer, getting dangerously close to kissing.

Alex: (voice over from 5.09 The Cell) "I'm here. We're together."

From 5.09 "The Cell", in the parlor of the boarding house, Stefan pulled Alex closer, placing a hand on either of her cheeks, kissing her sweetly, the kiss turning passionate.

From 5.05 "Monster's Ball", in the Whitmore party, Tyler and Caroline were sitting on the steps, dressed as Bonnie and Clyde.

"Do you know the reason we're together?" Tyler asked. "The reason that Tory and Luke were together?It's because Klaus granted us permission to be together. I can't live like that."

From 5.05 "Monster's Ball", in the girls' dorm room, Tyler and Caroline were arguing.

"If you take one more step, we are done, okay?" Caroline asked.

Tyler's eyes were red with tears. After a moment, he walked away slowly, walking out of the room, never looking back.

Caroline started to cry.

From 4.17 "Because the Night", in Phil's Apartment, Tory, Luke and Philip Luna were talking.

Tory had trouble processing. "You're saying that my dad was a Lockwood?"

From 5.08 "Dead Man On Campus", in the girls' dorm room, Tory was sitting on the floor.

Liv and Lindsey stood nearby.

"If Tyler and Kacie are anything like me, when they find out the truth, they're gonna be mad," Tory told them. "We don't even know who's my real dad. I mean, is it Mason, is it Richard?"

"The next chance you get, tell them," Liv told her.

"I'm not gonna tell anyone anything until Tyler gets back," Tory told them.

From 5.08 "Dead Man On Campus", in the Town Square, Katherine stood on the clock tower. She turned her back to the edge, letting herself free-fall from the tall tower toward the ground below.

Katherine: (voice over from 5.08 Dead Man On Campus) "I'm dying of old age. Goodbye."

Katherine opened her eyes to find out she was still alive, in Stefan's arms. 

From 5.10 "Fifty Shades of Grayson", outside the boarding house, Katherine and Valentina were talking.

"I may have an idea that will keep you alive longer," Valentina told her.

From 5.08 "Dead Man On Campus", in the backroom of the Grill, Stefan, Alex, Kacie, Katherine and Valentina stood together.

Valentina placed her hands on either of Matt's cheeks. "Vdyjit. [Come forth."

Matt's eyes turned black. Gregor took possession.

Valentina: (voice over from 5.10 Fifty Shades of Grayson) "You have the ability to keep living inside someone else's body."

From 5.10 "Fifty Shades of Grayson", in the boarding house, Katherine touched her chest as if something was really wrong. She couldn't talk or breathe well, falling down the stairs, unconscious.

Valentina was on the phone. "Katerina? Katherine?"

-----~-----

Flashback - 1490

Bulgaria 

Night - Petrova Cottage 

Everything was in Bulgarian.

Katherine, Katerina, was delivering a baby.

Valentina was helping her. "Maiko poveche, Katerina. [A little more, Katerina.]"

-----

Now 

Day One - Same Night

Night - Mystic Falls Hospital - Emergency Room

Katherine was at the hospital after having fallen down the stairs at the Salvatore Boarding House. She had flatlined and was obviously dying.

"Clear," a doctor told the others. "100 joules." The defibrillator had no effect. "200 joules. Charged. Clear."

The past and present blended when the doctor appeared to speak in Bulgarian.

-----

Flashback - 1940

Bulgaria

Night - Petrova Cottage 

Katerina screamed as she gave birth.

Valentina took the baby. 

Their mother and father were watching. 

Valentina looked at Katerina, smiling a small smile. "Tova e momiche. [It's a girl.]"  

"Momiche? [A girl?]" Katerina repeated. "Molya, Valentina, neka da ya vidi. [Please, Valentina, let me see her.]"  

-----

Now 

Night - Mystic Falls Hospital - Waiting Room 

Stefan and Alex were sitting in the waiting room.

Valentina entered, looking toward them.

-----

Flashback - 1490

Bulgaria

Night - Petrova Cottage

Valentia started to hand the baby to Katerina.

"Valentina, ne go pravyat! [Valentina, don't!]" the mother told her. "Kakvo pravish? [What are you doing?]"

The mother took the baby from Valentina.

"Neka pone vednuzh da ya pregurne [Let me at least hold her once,]" Katerina told them. "Samo vednuzh. [Just once.]"

"Zabravi [Forget it,]" the father told her. "Vie ste opozoren tova semeistvo. [You have disgraced this family.]"

Their parents walked out, leaving with the baby.

Katerina cried, screaming. "Tatko, molya! [Father, please!] Ne, Mamo, ne! [No, Mother, no!]"

"Ne, Katerina, e po dobre za neya, [No, Katerina, it's better for her,]" Valentina told her, sitting beside her, crying because of her sister's pain. "Tova e po dobre za neya. [It's better for her.]"

Valentina and Katerina embraced.

"Ne, Valentina, molya, [No, Valentina, please,]" Katerina told her.

"Suzhalyavam [I'm sorry,]" Valentina told her. "Az sum tolkova suzhalayavam, Katerina. [I am so sorry, Katerina.]"

Valentina and Katerina continued to cry in each other's arms.

-----

Now 

Night - Mystic Falls Hospital - Waiting Room

Stefan, Alex and Valentina were talking.

"It doesn't make sense," Valentina told them. "I was just speaking with her. She sounded fine."

"The doctors think it was a heart attack," Alex told her.

"Trust me," Valentina told them. "Katherine Pierce is not going to die of a heart attack."

-----

Emergency Room

The doctors were still trying to stabilize Katherine, but she was still flatlining.

"Clear," the doctor told them. She glanced at the heart monitor. "Still no response." She looked at the heart monitor, noting a pulse. "Come on. Let's get some O2 on her."

-----

Waiting Room 

Stefan, Alex and Valentina were talking.

"We all know my sister," Valentina told them. "She will fight this."

"She's dying," Alex told her. "Every single organ in her body is failing. Vampire blood can't save her."

"I compelled the doctors to let us take her home, so she's more comfortable, but..." Stefan trailed off. "Like Alex said, she's dying. They don't think she'll survive the rest of the day."

Valentina looked away, in denial and pain.

-----

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)

-----

Day Two

Morning - Whitmore College - The Girls' Dorm Room

Elena was in bed, having her blanket covering up to her nose, her eyes open, listening to the sound of the ticking clock. She sighed, covering her head with the blanket.

-----

Mystic Grill

(Song:) Love Don't Die - The Fray 

Damon was passed out by the bar, lying his head down next to a bottle of alcohol.

Matt, Jeremy and Tory walked into the Grill for work.

Tory looked at Matt and Jeremy. "What the hell?"

-----

Whitmore College - The Girls' Dorm Room

Caroline, Bonnie, Eliza and Kacie walked into the room with breakfast.

"Okay," Eliza told her. "Time to wake up, sleepy head."

"No," Elena told them. "I'm not leaving this bed."

"Which is why we brought breakfast to you," Bonnie told her.

They pulled the blanket away from Elena's head.

Elena looked confused. "Eliza, what are you doing here?"

"Well, they called me, told me about the break up, and they said and I quote..." Eliza trailed off, looking at a text on her phone. "'Get your ass over here. We need backup for this.'"

"And what is all this?" Elena asked.

"This is your break up breakfast," Caroline answered.

Elena looked at her weirdly. "My what?"

-----

Mystic Grill

Damon was still lying his head on the bar.

Matt, Tory and Jeremy stood nearby.

"Damon dumped Elena," Jeremy told them.

"Why?" Matt asked.

"I have no idea," Jeremy told them.

Tory took the bottle of alcohol from Damon. "Who spends two years pining after two girls to dump both of them?"

Tory took a drink.

"I can hear you, you bitch," Damon told her in a complaint.

"That was the point, you dick," Tory replied.

Damon sat up, taking the bottle out of Tory's hands, pouring himself a shot.

Tory raised her arms in a what the hell gesture.

Jeremy shook his head as if to tell her, I don't know what to tell you

-----

Whitmore College - The Girls' Dorm Room 

Eliza made a mimosa for Elena.

"So that's it?" Kacie asked. "You're giving up?"

"As she should," Caroline told her. "He did say, and I quote, 'I'm a bad person. I am bad for you. And I'm choosing to let you go.'"

"You memorized my break up?" Elena asked.

"Of course I did," Caroline told her.

Eliza handed the glass to Elena. "Drink this."

Elena took the drink.

-----

Mystic Grill 

Damon drank the shot.

Matt, Tory and Jeremy stood nearby.

"So you're sure it was just a fight?" Matt asked.

Damon's phone rang. It was Kaylin. Damon didn't answer. "Not now, Kaylin."

-----

Whitmore College - The Girls' Dorm Room 

The girls were talking.

"I just have to face reality," Elena told them. "When Damon makes up his mind about something, it's done."

"Yeah," Caroline agreed.

Elena's phone began to ring on a neighboring dresser, causing Elena to perk up.

Kacie went to pick up the phone, seeing Nicola was calling. "Nicola."

"Tell her I don't feel like talking," Elena told her.

Bonnie, Eliza and Caroline looked at Kacie. "She doesn't feel like talking."

Kacie answered the phone. "She doesn't feel like talking."

(Song Ends)

At the Salvatore Boarding House, Nicola was walking down the hall. "Well, she's going to want to talk about this."

(Song Ends)

-----

Salvatore Boarding House - Library

(Song:) Come Save Me - Jagwar Ma 

Damon, Kaylin, Nicola, Liv, Cristian, Jeremy, Matt, Lindsey, Tory and Luke were gathered in the library, sitting or standing, spread apart.

"Okay, so Kaylin, Nikki, Liv, Cristian, Jeremy, Lindsey, Tory, Luke, Elena, Bonnie, Eliza and Caroline played this drinking game for Rosalita after she bit the dust, but Stefan, Alex, Kacie, Matt, Tyler and I weren't there, and neither were the Mikaelsons since they are in New Orleans, or Ryan, since he's dead, so you guys think we'll have another chance to do it with everyone there," Damon stated.

Kaylin poured shots. "Yep. And now we're doing the same for Katherine, except for a little different. Rule number one. Name the worst thing Katherine Pierce has ever done to you. Rule number two. Toast to the glory of her impending death. Rule number three. If you come across something that's worse, which you will, repeat rules one and two. She used and abused both of my brothers." She took a shot. "She compelled me to be her best friend and to go out with a certain 500-year-old vampire right in this room, which led to Cristian becoming my best friend." She looked at Cristian, taking a shot. Cristian smirked. Liv smiled, rolling her eyes. "She laced my wine with vampire blood and got me killed so that I would become a murderous vampire."

Kaylin took another shot.

Damon picked up a shot. "She pretended to be buried in a tomb for 145 years, while I waited for her lying ass."

Damon took a shot. 

"Luke, your turn," Nicola told him.

Luke picked up a shot. "It was because I was saving her life that Rosalita got inside my head and made me her slave."

"Damn, good one, Luke," Damon told him. Luke took his shot. "Wicked Witch of the East? AKA, Lindsey?"

Damon looked at Lindsey.

Lindsey picked up a shot. "She tried to kill me in the witch house, making the spirits fight back." She took the shot, picking up another. "And she killed my mother right in front of me."

Lindsey took the shot.

"Heartbreaking," Nicola told her.

"Quarterback?" Damon asked.

"She compelled me to go after Tyler so he would kill me to trigger the werewolf curse," Matt told them, taking a shot.

Damon nodded. "Very true. Tory?" 

"Uh..." Tory trailed off.

"Think on that, since you and Luke didn't get to town until after most of her greatest hits," Damon told her, passing a shot to Jeremy. "Little Gilbert."

"She fed me to Silas and I died," Jeremy told them, taking a shot.

"Doozy," Cristian told him.

"Then, she made me crazy my car into a pole and left me for dead... again," Jeremy told them.

"Double doozy," Cristian told him. "Drink." Jeremy took the shot. Cristian picked up a shot. "She set me and 26 other vampires up, including my aunt Pearl, and locked us in a tomb for 145 years, when in reality, she wanted us all to burn to death." He took the shot. "She told John Gilbert to kill Aunt Pearl." He took a shot. "And then she tried to have us all killed... again, purposely telling John to kill cousin Anna himself, and if it hadn't been for an insane, then-human girl, I would have died with them."

Cristian looked at Liv, taking the shot.

Liv smiled.

Tory pointed at them. "Matt's sister, AKA, my cousin is dead because of her."

"Hmm, so is my dad," Nicola told them.

"Yes, they are," Damon agreed, handing Tory and Nicola both shots. "Because I wouldn't have even been in town to kill Uncle Zach or turn Vicki into a murderous vampire if I wasn't trying to get Katherine out of a tomb she wasn't in."

Nicola and Tory took shots.

"Let's not forget that the tomb vampires targeted me, Stefan, Damon and Kaylin because they blamed us since they couldn't find and kill Katherine themselves for the tomb, meaning everything the tomb vampires did to me, was because of Katherine," Nicola told them.

"Excellent point, Nicola," Cristian told her.

Nicola took a shot.

Matt looked up. "She's also the reason Kaylin compelled me to move on from her and never think about her as my girlfriend again all because she felt guilty about Damon turning Vicki into a vampire and Stefan killing her to save Jer, Liv, Alex and Elena."

"Absolutely, she is," Kaylin agreed.

Matt and Kaylin took a shot.

Nicola handed out shots to everyone else, picking one up for herself. "Group shot."

Alex, Elena, Kacie, Bonnie, Caroline and Eliza walked in.

"Are you kidding me?" Elena asked.

"Seriously?" Kaylin asked. "You're gonna stop the fun now?"

"Kacie..." Matt trailed off. "We were just, uh..."

"I know what you're doing," Kacie told him, sitting in Matt's lap.

Elena pointed at Jeremy and Liv. "You two are cut off." 

(Song Pauses)

The room was silent and awkward. 

Elena picked up a shot glass. "If anyone is drinking to Katherine's last days, it's going to be me." 

(Song Resumes)

Elena took a shot. "She impersonated me... repeatedly." She took a shot. "Made Aunt Jenna stab herself in the stomach, and she cut off Uncle John's fingers."

"He might have deserved that," Liv told her.

Jeremy smiled.

"My Grams died trying to close a tomb she wasn't in," Bonnie told them, taking a shot.

"Tyler's and my werewolf curses were triggered because of her," Kacie told them, taking a shot. 

"She compelled me to be a spy for her and do whatever she said, even if I had vervain in my system," Eliza told them, taking a shot. 

"Klaus followed her to Mystic Falls, and because of that, he turned Stefan, Kaylin and me into killers willing to hurt our own friends and family," Alex told them, taking a shot.

"And he turned me into a vampire," Liv added, taking a shot.

"And me," Alex added, taking a shot.

"And we lost Jenna," Elena added.

"And Alaric," Damon added.

"And Ryan," Luke added.

"And my mom," Kacie added.

Everyone took shots.

Matt looked up at Kacie. "We're going to need more booze."

Kacie faked a pouty face, sliding off his lap. Matt stood, walking out of the room. Kacie sat back down in their chair.

Nicola stood, following Matt.

"She tried to kill me at least twice," Elena told them, taking a shot.

"She did kill me," Liv told them. "By ripping my heart out of my chest and sending me to the Other Side."

Liv took a shot. 

"And me," Caroline added. "By smothering me with a pillow and making me turn into a vampire." She tilted her head thoughtfully. "Although I'm weirdly better off."

(Song Ends)

-----

Stefan's Room 

Katherine laid in Stefan's bed weakly. "They're talking about me, aren't they?"

"They're reminiscing," Stefan told her.

"It's fine," Katherine told him. "I'm sure I deserve everything they're saying." Stefan smirked. Katherine looked at her hand. "Does my hand look wrinkled to you?"

"It looks fine," Stefan told her.

"If I start to sag, anywhere, you take a knife and you jam it into my carotid artery immediately," Katherine told him. "Okay?"

"Okay," Stefan told her in amusement.

"What?" Katherine asked.

"You know, even on your death bed, you're vain," Stefan told her.

"Hey, if a girl's gotta go, it may as well be glamorous, right?" Katherine asked. "That's definitely an age spot."

"It's not an age spot," Stefan told her.

"You're being too nice to me," Katherine told him. "Why?"

"You're dying," Stefan told her. "I think I can muster up a bit of compassion."

-----

Foyer 

Matt and Nicola were getting more alcohol.

There was a knock on the door. 

Nicola walked toward the door, opening it.

Valentina was outside. "Nicola."

"Valentina," Nicola replied.

Valentina chuckled. "Hello. I know Katherine's here."

Nicola sighed. "Yes, she is, and normally, I would never invite you inside. But since your sister is dying, I think I can make one exception. I'm probably gonna regret it, though." She sighed, hesitating. "Come in."

Valentina smirked, stepping past the threshold. She turned to face Nicola. "You're right. You are going to regret it."

Valentina slammed Nicola's head against the wall, making her fall unconscious

Matt jumped in shock, incredulous. "What the hell, Valentina?"

Valentina rushed in front of Matt to stand within inches in front of him, putting a finger over his lips. "Shh."

Valentina hit Matt on the head hard enough to make him fall unconscious.

-----

Library 

The others were still doing their drinking game.

"Rumor has it, she burnt down the entire city of Atlanta once," Cristian told them.

"That might win," Jeremy told him.

Stefan walked in. "All right. Knock it off or take it somewhere else. You guys are being insensitive. I get that you guys wanted to have this game after Rosalita died, and that was different, and sorta okay, because of everything she did, and the fact that she was already dead, not upstairs lying in her deathbed, and Rosalita has done far more worse things that the girl upstairs."

"Come on, Stefan," Kaylin told him. "Don't let the sight of a frail, human Alex-and-Elena-look-alike cloud your memories of the manipulative psycho that she is."

Stefan picked up a shot glass. "In 1864, Katherine moved into my home, she compelled me to love her, she compelled my sister to be her best friend, she seduced my brother, fed us full of vampire blood and then started a war with the town that got us killed."

"Exactly," Liv told him. "Bottoms up."

"But centuries before that, she was just an innocent girl that was shunned by her family," Stefan told them. "So, for 500 years, she lied and manipulated and did whatever she had to do to survive. And she did. She's a survivor, right? So that's the girl I will drink to today. Cheers."

Stefan took the shot.

Alex looked down, thinking about what he had said.

Damon noticed her reaction. "Alex, please, let's not make with the guilt face. Now that you're back with my brother after one night of hot, crazy sex, you can not let him choose how you feel."

Bonnie, Eliza and Elena spoke together. "What?"

"Since when?" Kacie asked.

"Oh, my..." Caroline trailed off, looking at Elena. "I forgot to tell you. You were kidnapped and hostaged and..." 

"Bottle's empty..." Luke trailed off awkwardly. "I should--"

Tory looked around. "Yeah, shouldn't Matt and Nicola be back already?"

Alex turned around to see Valentina standing behind her. "Valentina... the She-Devil's Sister."

Everyone looked from Alex to Valentina.

"Katherine's upstairs," Cristian told her.

"Actually, I'm here to see all of you," Valentina told them. "I found a way to save my sister, and I need some help."

"Uh-uh," Lindsey told her. "No way. Your sister killed my mom. There's no way I'm gonna let Katherine Pierce live one more day on this Earth. No volunteers."

Valentina smirked. "I figured as much, and I anticipated your reaction, Lindsey. Which is why I found that old safe Stefan spent the summer drowning in, and buried it on this property..." She looked at Stefan, Damon and Kaylin. "With your grand-niece Nicola inside of it." Stefan, Damon and Kaylin looked at her angrily in horror. "And buried Tory's cousin and Kacie's boyfriend, Matt, alive. Oh, without this."

Valentina held up Matt's Gilbert Ring.

Tory and Kacie looked at Valentina angrily in horror.

"What?" Tory demanded.

Kacie stood in surprise, standing behind Tory. Neither of them could even blink.

Valentina looked at them smugly.

-----~-----

Unknown Mystery House - Outside

Valentina led Stefan, Alex, Elena, Lindsey and Tory to a rustic farm. "I figured you five would be my volunteers." 

"Congratulations on your intuition," Tory told her sarcastically. "We're here. We volunteered, even Lindsey, who would rather kill Katherine herself." Lindsey looked away, obviously not happy about this. "Now, tell us where Matt and Nicola are." 

"Matt and Nicola will be freed once you help me get what I need," Valentina told them.

"Which is what, exactly?" Alex asked.

"I need a Traveler," Valentina told them. "Katherine was born into a Traveler bloodline. She can make herself a passenger in someone else's body. If a Traveler teaches her how to do it." 

"Like your boyfriend, Gregor, hopped a ride inside Matt's body, until Katherine killed him, of course," Lindsey told her. "Your sister killed your boyfriend. Why are we saving her again?" 

"Gregor was going to kill her and she was defending herself, Lindsey," Stefan told her.

"Oh, please," Lindsey told him. "Don't defend her. She killed my mother, and there's no defense for what she did, just because my mother didn't do a spell to hurt Alex and Elena like she wanted her to."

Stefan sighed sympathetically. "I know, Lindsey, and I'm sorry."

They got to the abandoned home. 

"We're here," Valentina told them.

"So we're just supposed to help you let Katherine take over someone's life?" Lindsey asked.

"Not just anyone's life," Valentina told them. "Mine. I'm going to make her a passenger in my body."

Valentina walked inside.

Stefan, Alex, Elena, Lindsey and Tory exchanged bewildered looks, following her inside.

-----

Salvatore Boarding House - Outside

Caroline, Kacie, Bonnie, Jeremy, Eliza and Luke were outside, searching the grounds of the Salvatore mansion, looking for the place where Valentina had buried Nicola and Matt.

"I don't see any freshly dug ground," Luke told them.

"This property is massive," Bonnie told them.

"Hello," Caroline told them. "Is no one going to comment on the fact that Stefan and Alex are back together? I mean, that's kind of a big deal. Stefan and Alex. Alex and Stefan. There's gotta be a ship name there somewhere."

"It doesn't matter," Jeremy told her. "Not everyone needs to have sex just to have a relationship confirmed."

"Obviously not us," Eliza agreed.

Jeremy looked at Eliza, smiling.

Caroline, Kacie and Bonnie stopped walking in realization, exchanging a look. "Eliza. Forbes."

Eliza looked at them.

"Wait, did you two..." Bonnie trailed off. They didn't answer, but that was answer enough. "And you didn't tell us?"

"I didn't think I was obligated," Eliza told them.

"Of course you were obligated," Caroline told her. "You're my sister, Eliza, and Kacie and Bonnie's best friend."

"Caroline, please stop talking," Eliza told her, embarrassed.

"Oh, my God," Kacie told them. "Do Liv, Alex and Elena know that their brother--"

Jeremy and Eliza answered together. "No!"

"Oh, I love scandalous sex," Caroline told them. "Even better." She looked at Kacie and Bonnie. "God, how are we the only people on this planet that aren't having scandalous sex? Well, I guess that Kacie is having scandalous sex, you know, when Kacie and Matt and Valentina..."

"Let it go, Caroline," Kacie told her.

"Why don't we split up and think about that?" Luke asked, in a hurry to get out of the conversation as fast as possible.

"Good idea, Luke," Bonnie told him. "We'll cover more ground that way."

Jeremy and Eliza walked away, leaving them alone.

Luke walked in the opposite direction.

Eliza looked at Jeremy. "Okay. That wasn't awkward at all."

Jeremy smiled.

-----

Inside - Stefan's Room

A frail Katherine was lying on Stefan's bed upstairs asleep, recalling the moment she discovered her family was killed.

-----

Flashback - 1492

Bulgaria 

Night - Petrova Cottage - Outside

Katerina rose to her home on her horse, gently jumping down, pulling back her hood.

There were dead bodies of workers at her home.

Katerina looked around in horrified denial, running toward the cottage.

-----

Inside

Katerina ran inside.

Blood was everywhere.

Her father was impaled with a sword that pinned him to the wall.

Her mother was hung from the ceiling.

Katerina looked at them in denial and pain. She looked onto the bed to see Valentina with her throat ripped out. She gasped in horrified denial, devastated, crawling onto the bed next to her. "No. Valentina. No." She cried, sobbing brokenly. "No, Valentina! No!" She leaned her head against her dead sister's chest. "No!"

Damon walked in. "What a mess. And you didn't realize that Valentina was gonna wake up."

Katerina was confused. "Damon?"

"Okay," Damon told her. "I'll say it." He chuckled. "I miss Klaus. I mean.. the way this guy used to torture you." He looked over the room, paying particular attention to her father. "A sword in the daddy... nice touch."

"Get out of my head," Katerina told him.

"So, tell me how this slaughter went down again," Damon told her. "Oh.. that's right. You drove a wedge between Klaus and Elijah. Kassandra tried to kill you before receiving a dagger in her heart. All because he was going to kill you in a blood sacrifice and you, being you, ran for the hills. Only to come back to find your entire family had been massacred. So, if I'm adding this up right... your family's entire death was all your fault. Valentina becoming a vampire and being taken over by Rosalita was your fault, too."

Katerina spoke through tears. "No. No. No."

As she recalled this memory, Damon suddenly disappeared from the room.

-----

Now 

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room

Katherine was sleeping unpeacefully.

Damon was standing above the bed with a pillow in his hands, looking as if he was about to smother her in her sleep.

Liz walked in. "Put the pillow down, Damon."

"Liz..." Damon trailed off in complaint. 

"If you kill her, it's murder," Liz told him. "I'd have to bring you in, lock you up. There's all that paperwork..." 

"Every awful thing I've ever done is linked to her and Rosalita," Damon told her. "They taught me how to kill. How to enjoy it. They ruined me and I can't take any of that back."

"Look at how much control they still have over you, Damon," Liz told him. "Even when she's dying, and Rosalita's already dead. Prove them wrong." 

Liz took the pillow from Damon's hands, lying it on a nightstand. 

-----

Outside - Salvatore Grounds - Woods

Kaylin was looking for Nicola and Matt alone, searching for the place Valentina buried them, incredibly worried. "Nikki! Matt, we're coming for you." 

Kaylin looked ahead of her in slight shock. 

Klaus stood in front of her, smiling a small smile. "Hello, Kaylin."

Kaylin was stunned to see him. "Klaus..." 

Klaus smiled at her reaction. "Kaylin."

-----

Mystery House

Valentina led Stefan, Alex, Elena, Tory and Lindsey inside.

Stefan looked around the dark, barren room. "Not exactly the Ritz..."

"Travelers don't have much," Valentina told them. "They're always on the move, but on the plus side, sometimes, their services can be bought. I found one who named the right price." 

A woman walked toward them. "You brought them."

"Yes, Mia," Valentina answered. "Are you ready to make a deal?" 

"What's going on?" Elena asked. 

"I have a feeling the 'right price' for the deal was us," Alex told them.

Valentina turned to face them. "I'm sorry, but they asked for Doppelgangers and Wraiths. I gave them a bit of my blood. No idea why they wanted yours, too."

Valentina grabbed Mia, rushing them out of the house.

A dozen Travelers walked out of the shadows, chanting.

The door closed behind them.

Alex tried to open it, but the sun burned her hand. "Our rings... they're messing with them. We can't go outside."

Tory raised her hand to one of the Travelers, trying to cast a spell.

The Traveler held up her hand, twisting it in the air.

Tory's arm turned to the side with a painful snap, making her groan a scream.

"Did they just..." Lindsey trailed off.

"Yeah, they just broke my arm," Tory answered. "Yep."

One of the Travelers finished a circle of powder around them.

Lindsey raised her arm to cast a spell, but nothing happened. She looked at the powder. "What is that?"

"Witch hazel," the Traveler answered. "Within the circle, you can't use magic."

Lindsey reached out to touch the air above the powder.

It shocked her, making her pull back in pain and surprise.

The group surrounded them.

Lindsey sighed, looking at the others. "We really are stuck here."

Portions of the roof were caving in, preventing Stefan, Alex and Elena from moving around the room, or leaving.

The spelled circle prevented Lindsey and Tory from moving around the room, or leaving.

-----~-----

Salvatore Grounds - Woods

Klaus and Kaylin were facing each other.

Kaylin was in a hurry. "Sorry, Matt and Nicola are buried alive. No time to chat."

Kaylin rushed away.

Klaus smirked in amusement, rushing in front of Kaylin to stop her. "Are you not the least bit curious as to why I'm here?" 

"A little bit, but my concern over my niece and my friend's lives outweigh my curiosity," Kaylin answered.

"Damon informed me that Valentina Petrova is alive and well and in Mystic Falls after three centuries of being controlled by Rosalita, that Rosalita has been killed at long last, and that Katerina Petrova made a tragic turn," Klaus told her.

"So, you're here to gloat over the fact that Rosalita's dead, that she used and manipulated Valentina for 300 years, and gloat over Katherine's corpse to be?" Kaylin asked."Delight in the closure of 500 and 1000 years of revenge... Great! I'm even less interested."

Kaylin rushed away.

Klaus rushed in front of Kaylin to stop her. "Kaylin."

Kaylin sighed an annoyed sigh, taking a step back. "Klaus."

"Can you tell me that for one second that you actually want Katherine Pierce to live another day?" Klaus asked.

"No, I can't," Kaylin answered. "Not after everything that she took from me and my brothers, and, in your words, my 'so-called sister'. But you already knew the answer to that. Didn't you?" Klaus smirked. "No, I don't like her. Yes, I hate her. But I'm not gonna torment her like my brother's doing, or like I know what you want to do to her. I may have been a dark, twisted bitch once upon a time, but people can change. You sure have. Now, I have to go save my ex-boyfriend and my 'so-called sister' from Katherine's evil sister."

Kaylin rushed away.

Klaus didn't follow her this time, contemplating her words.

-----

Inside - Stefan's Room

Katherine was lying weakly in bed.

Damon sat next to her.

Liz walked in. "Here are the sedatives from the hospital. It should help with the pain." 

"I don't want them," Katherine told her. "They make me weak." She glared at Damon. "And when I'm weak, he can get inside my head." 

Damon nodded intently.

"Okay," Liz told her. "Suit yourself. They're right here if you want them." She laid the syringes on the bedside table. She looked at Damon. "Still looking for Matt and Nicola?" Damon nodded. "Any word from Elena?" 

"We're not on a speaking basis," Damon told her.

"Didn't you hear, Sheriff?" Katherine asked. "He was so afraid to dirty her white dove feathers that he let her little wings fly free. And it was all my fault." She smirked. "Oops." 

Damon grabbed one of the syringes, jabbing it into Katherine's arm. "That'll make her shut up for a while." 

Liz gave him a look, turning around, walking out, leaving.

Katherine drifted to sleep.

-----

Flashback - 1864

Day - Road 

Katherine was sitting in a carriage, looking out at the scenery. "How much further until we reach this Lockwood plantation?"

Emily Bennett was sitting next to her. "Won't be long now. We've just entered the town of Mystic Falls."

"Good," Katherine told her. Their carriage came across some townspeople that are at work. Katherine observed them keenly. "What is it now?"

"It looks like a gentleman is having problems with his carriage," Emily told her.

"At this rate, we won't arrive until sundown," Katherine told her. "What does it matter if..." She saw Stefan outside. "Who is that? He's so handsome. What do you say, Emily? Think that gentleman's family will take in a poor orphan girl from Atlanta?"

-----

Now 

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room

Katherine was lying weakly in bed

Damon was sitting next to her. "What the hell was that?"

"You never heard the real story of how I came to meet your brother," Katherine told him. "I want to think that this prophecy of the universe bringing the Doppelgangers together and the Wraith standing in their way is absurd, but the moment that I saw Stefan... I can't describe it. The out-of-the-way road, the downed tree, the broken down carriage.,. it just... sounded like fate to me."

-----

Mystery House

The Travelers were still surrounding the Doppelgangers and the Wraith, chanting. "Uista de artrasart, else ulse istamet, dumi impasset."

Tory held her arm, standing. "This isn't awkward."

Alex looked at Elena. "I guess we probably picked the wrong day to be in a fight, huh?" 

Elena smiled. "I'm sorry, okay? It's not my place to judge. Especially after everything you've both been through." 

Tory turned to look at them. "You know, I'd love to have some vampire blood to make the pain go away."

Stefan looked at the beam of sunlight separating him, Alex and Elena from Lindsey and Tory. "Sun goes down, you can have it."

Tory sighed, tilting her head. "Yeah..."

A Traveler approached them, placing two buckets at Lindsey and Tory's feet. 

A Traveler approached Stefan, Alex and Elena, placing three buckets at their feet.

"You guys don't happen to speak Czech, do you?" Tory asked.

Lindsey shook her head, popping the 'P.' "Nope." The Traveler pulled out a knife, taking Tory's broken arm, cutting her wrist, letting the blood fall into the bucket. Lindsey looked panicked. "Guys..."

"It's okay," Elena told them. "I guess they want Doppelganger and Wraith blood."

"Couldn't they have cut my other, non-broken arm?" Tory asked in a complaint.

The Traveler cut Lindsey's wrist, letting the blood fall into the bucket. 

The Traveler took Alex's wrist, mimicking the cut.

Alex turned her head toward Stefan, whispering. "Should we knock his head off?" 

"Depends," Stefan told her. "If I kill him, do you think the rest of these boards fall down?" 

"Right," Alex told them. "Blood it is." 

The Traveler took Stefan's wrist, mimicking the cut. 

The Traveler took Elena's wrist, mimicking the cut. 

Elena looked down at her wrists to see that the wound was still gushing blood. "Why aren't we healing?" 

The buckets began to fill with blood.

-----

Salvatore Grounds - Woods

Kaylin was still looking for Matt and Nicola, taking a moment to use her vampire hearing to listen for their screams. "Matt? Nicola?"

Instead of hearing them, Klaus interrupted. "Kaylin. You're right."

"I don't know what you mean," Kaylin told him.

"Yes, you do," Klaus told her. "You've changed. So have I. But, as easy as it that we have changed, it is just as easy to slip back into old ways. Maybe you'd like to show me how to stay the way I am."

"If that way is a brutal, homicidal dick, then I don't wanna help you stay that way," Kaylin told him, turning to face him.

"What if I'm good?" Klaus asked.

"You?" Kaylin asked. "Good?" Klaus looked at her calmly, nearing the point of puppy dog eyes. Kaylin grew exasperated. "You can't do this to me. You can't just show up while Matt and Nicola are missing and in danger." 

"You know, while you've been vamping off in all the wrong directions, I heard their distant and desperate screams," Klaus told her.

"Where?" Kaylin asked worriedly.

"Don't worry, love," Klaus told her. "It's already been covered. Trust me. They'll be quite happy with their rescuers."

-----

Elsewhere

Matt was lying on the ground next to a grave, looking at Kacie in relief. "Kacie." 

Kacie was kneeling next to him. "I'm always away at college, and you always seem to get into trouble and danger. Maybe I really should stay home to keep an eye on you and make sure you're safe."

Matt and Kacie shared a smile. She kissed him passionately in relief. 

-----

Elsewhere

The grave had been dug up.

The safe was opened.

Nicola sat up from inside of it, confused. She coughed, breathing heavily, trying to catch her breath.

Elijah stood on the other side of the safe, looking at her in concern to make sure that she was okay. "Nicola?"

Nicola looked at him in shock. "Elijah."

Elijah chuckled in relieved amusement. "Hello, Nicola. I'm gone not six months, and look at the trouble you're in." He took Nicola by the hand, helping her stand. "Our last encounter aside, I'm used to saving you."

Nicola chuckled. 

Elijah lifted Nicola from inside the safe, placing her on the ground outside of it.

Nicola sighed in relief.

Nicola looked and Elijah looked at each other, smiling small smiles.

-----~-----

Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room

Katherine was lying down weakly.

Damon was nearby.

"Just go away," Katherine told him. "Don't you think that you've made your point?"

As Katherine looked over at Damon, she instead saw Jenna Sommers, who was wielding a rather large knife.

"What point?" Jenna asked, running her fingertip over the tip of the knife. "Like this one?"

Katherine was obviously confused. "Jenna?"

Jenna began to walk over to Katherine. "Remember when you compelled me to stab myself?"

Jenna stabbed Katherine in the abdomen with the knife.

Katherine cried out in pain. "No! No!"

Suddenly, Jenna disappeared.

Damon reappeared, taunting Katherine. "Poor Aunt Jenna. Cristian had to compel her to think she walked into that knife. She was so confused."

Damon went to pick up another syringe of drugs.

Katherine reached over, trying to stop Damon from injecting her again. "No! No more drugs!"

Damon transformed into John Gilbert.

John grabbed her arm, using the same words she used when she chopped off his fingers in 1.22 Founder's Day, only altered slightly. "Hello, fingers, goodbye, fingers."

John used his knife to cut Katherine's fingers off.

After this, John disappeared and was replaced with Damon.

"And let's not forget the one creature on earth you feared more than the hybrid," Damon told her.

Damon morphed into Kassandra.

Katherine looked at her in fear. "Kassandra!"

"You remember how you are the reason that my brother left a dagger in my heart for 500 years?" Kassandra asked, transforming, biting Katherine on the neck.

Katherine screamed, struggling. "No! No! Stop!"

Kassandra was pulled away by Rebekah.

"Kassandra, you're doing it all wrong," Rebekah told her, placing a hand over Katherine's mouth, placing a hand behind her head as if she would snap her neck.

Katherine had her eyes wide in shock, screaming a muffled scream.

Rebekah and Kassandra disappeared.

Katherine looked around, shaking.

Damon reappeared. "And then there's the one person that everyone in the world fears when they hear her name."

Damon morphed into Rosalita.

Rosalita walked closer to Katherine, smiling. "Hey, girl. Do you have any idea how fun it was to take control of your sister Valentina for three centuries and make her my own personal assistant?"

Katherine was shaking with fear. "Rosalita."

Rosalita laughed. "Though you should know Valentina liked doing most of the things I asked her to do. Little to no mind control was needed, except for when it came to you." She mocked a gasp. "Oh, I know. I'll kill you, make Valentina go completely dark again, and I'll have my partner in crime back."

Katherine shook her head frantically. "No, no, no. Rosalita, don't!"

Rosalita laughed insanely and manically, releasing a psychic scream of power, releasing waves that attacked Katherine. In Katherine's mind, she thought she felt that pain, screaming in agony, until Damon let the illusion of Rosalita disappear from Katherine's mind.

Another familiar face popped in to stop him from tormenting Katherine.

"Enough!" Elijah told him.

"Elijah..." Katherine trailed off.

Elijah walked closer, sitting on the bed with Katherine. "Katerina."

Katherine placed a hand on Elijah's cheek, smiling. "You're here."

Katherine briefly closed her eyes. Only to open them and find her hand now rested upon Damon's cheek.

Elijah had never been there.

Katherine was taken aback by this and she dropped her hand and slid away.

"I'm sorry, did you actually think that that was real?" Damon asked. "Nope. No one's coming to say goodbye, Katherine. Because no one cares."

Suddenly, someone broke Damon's neck from behind. He fell to the floor.

Valentina was revealed to be standing behind him. "I do." She beckoned Mia to her side. "Come on. Let's get on with this."

-----

Mystery House

Stefan, Alex, Elena, Lindsey and Tory were still bleeding from the wounds on their wrists. The blood had gathered buckets that were now half-full.

Lindsey and Tory knelt on the floor, weak from blood loss.

Lindsey leaned her head against the rim of the bucket. "You'd think they'd stop by now, for the non-vampires." She lifted her head, turning it to look around at the Travelers surrounding them. "This Doppelganger crap should've came with a warning label."

"I guess it's a good thing I'm not claustrophobic anymore," Stefan told them, looking at Alex.

Alex smiled a small smile.

Elena looked at Alex. "That's what you helped him with. Silas after math."

"Actually, we kind of helped each other," Alex told her.

Elena looked away. "Yeah, I bet." 

"We just wanted to find peace," Stefan told her. "And we're not the only ones, you know. Damon keeps pushing you away because he hates himself... who he is, what he's done. Just remember that you never gave up on us. So don't give up on him. Don't let him give up on you either, okay?" 

They exchanged smiles.

The room had fallen silent, the Travelers no longer chanting. 

Tory looked up. "Why stop the annoying theme song now? It was just getting good."

No one answered.

A Traveler broke the circle of salt and iron.

Alex looked at her wrist, only to see the wound finally healed. "So..." She looked up. "That's it? All you needed from us was a bucket of blood?" 

Stefan raised his hand against a beam of light, noting that the sun no longer burned his skin.

Elena walked toward Lindsey, helping her stand. "Let's get out of here."

Alex supported Lindsey from her other side.

Stefan walked toward Tory, helping her stand, picking her up in a cradle to carry her. "Come on." 

Stefan, Alex and Elena helped Lindsey and Tory out of the mystery house.

-----

Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room

Valentina and Mia were sitting at Katherine's bedside.

Damon was still unconscious on the floor

Mia looked at Katherine. "Repeat this spell so I know you understand how the passenger works."

"I can't," Katherine told them.

"Just say it," Valentina told her. "Jaryakat a zem. Daryeet acza. Say it and it's done. Your spirit goes inside my body and Mia will activate it by calling you forth and you get to live."

Katherine looked at Mia. "Can I have a moment with my sister please?"

Mia walked out, leaving.

Valentina looked at Katherine. "I know what you're going to say."

Damon, who was still laying in the floor, regained consciousness in enough time to listen in on Katherine and Valentina's conversation, but didn't open his eyes.

Katherine noticed Damon was starting to wake. She looked at her sister. "Valentina... We don't have time for this. Vallie, letting our parents send me away out of our home, abandoning you while I was sent to England... I thought that was the biggest mistake of my life. But then I found your body. And I didn't stay around long enough for you to wake up, abandoning you again, letting Rosalita take you. That was the biggest mistake of my life. So I spent the next 500 years making sure I didn't make that mistake again. I fought for everything, and in the process, I had a long, full life. And I reunited with my sister. You spent the last centuries searching for me." She picked up a syringe from the table. "Don't waste another minute on me. It's your turn to live... Valentina."

"I can't do this," Valentina told her.

Damon opened his eyes.

"Let me," Katherine told her. "I made selfish decisions all my life. Let me do the right thing for once."

"Fine," Valentina told her. "Then go... Leave me... drift off into oblivion, but I will not sit by your side and watch you die."

Valentina walked away angrily, upset, leaving.

Katherine injected herself with the syringe. She drifted off to sleep.

-----~-----

Salvatore Grounds - Woods

Nicola and Elijah were walking through the woods together.

"So, not only did Niklaus turn Valentina Petrova into a vampire, but she was controlled by an old family friend and enemy Rosalita, until she took the Cure, and Kaylin killed Rosalita, releasing Valentina and Luke Thompson from her mind compulsion..." Elijah trailed off. "She's also the one that buried you and Matt Donovan alive."

Nicola chuckled, nodding. "Yeah. That about sums it up. You came all this way to be with Katherine while she died, didn't you?"

"Yes," Elijah answered. "But not to be with her. Just to say goodbye."

Nicola nodded, looking away. "I get it, Elijah. The last time I saw you, I said some pretty harsh things."

"I deserved to hear it, Nicola," Elijah told her.

"Maybe," Nicola told him. "But doesn't stop me from feeling a little guilty about what I said."

"Well, I had kidnapped you," Elijah told her. Nicola turned to face him. "Strength may be an issue for you, Nicola, but retaliating in words is not. You have a way with words."

Nicola chuckled. "Yeah. So I've been told."

"I just wanted to apologize for the last time I saw you," Elijah told her. 

"Last time, you kidnapped me, this time you save me?" Nicola asked. "Yeah, we're even."

Elijah chuckled. "Good."

"You know, I could walk you back," Nicola told him. "You're already invited in, Elijah. And I'm really wishing that I hadn't invited Valentina in, but her sister's dying, so..."

"So you took pity," Elijah finished. "Don't fault yourself for having a heart, Nicola." Nicola looked down. Elijah looked at her curiously. "You're worried that Valentina could have woke up the sickness inside of you again."

Nicola looked up. "The tumor's gone, but it can come back with another injury, Elijah. I think the injuries I've sustained today could very well awaken it again."

(Song:) Illusory Light - Sarah Blasko 

Elijah looked at her in concern for a moment, stepping closer. "I didn't just come back to Mystic Falls to say goodbye to Katherine, Nicola. I came back to give you a proper goodbye, as well."

"What, no letter this time?" Nicola asked sarcastically. "You tend to leave me letters a lot, Elijah." Elijah smiled slightly. "The last one said that we understand family in the same way, knowing that they can be crazy and evil, but we also refuse to give up on fighting for their redemption. 'I wish you to have a beautiful, human life, Nicola. The way you want it to be, always fighting for your family, while I will fight for mine. Always and forever'."

Elijah smiled a small smile, impressed. "You have a good memory."

"I might have read your letters more than once," Nicola told him.

They chuckled.

"You have many vampires to worry about, Nicola," Elijah told her. "If I leave now to give you the life that you want, you'll have one less vampire to be concerned over."

"So, this is it, huh?" Nicola asked. "A real goodbye." Elijah nodded. They looked at each other for a moment, lost in it. Nicola leaned closer to kiss him hesitantly, slowly and softly, slowly building up in passion. Elijah returned the kiss. They pulled away, looking at each other for a long moment, kissing again with less hesitancy and more passion for a long moment, pulling away. "Then goodbye, Elijah Mikaelson."

Elijah chuckled sadly. "Goodbye, Nicola Salvatore."

Nicola nodded. "You just have one more girl to say goodbye to."

Elijah nodded, kissing Nicola on the forehead, walking past her toward the boarding house.

Nicola smiled a small smile, following him.

(Song Ends)

-----

Elsewhere

Klaus and Kaylin were walking through the woods together.

"So, the quarterback has been saved by Kacie Lockwood the hybrid," Klaus told her. "And your niece Nicola was saved by my brother."

Kaylin remembered something, looking at Klaus, smiling. "Oh, you should know that I compelled a Wraith of Alex's named Poppy to stab Rosalita in the heart, after Rosa saw her brother Silas die by the hands of Stefan. And of course a simple human Wraith was not enough to kill Rosalita, so I finished the job myself by driving Nikki's sword through her back." 

Klaus looked at her in surprise, impressed with both Stefan and Kaylin's hands in the deaths of Silas and Rosalita. "You killed Rosalita?"

Kaylin smiled, nodding. "I killed her, Klaus. You know, not just for revenge for what she did to me and my family and my friends, but what she did to you and your family." Klaus was touched and awed. "What is that look for?"

"Awe," Klaus answered. "Pride. You did the one thing that I never could, Kaylin. You killed Rosalita."

"Well, she wanted to die anyway, and that's why I was able to do it, but thank you," Kaylin told him. "I'll take the compliment and try not to down play what I did again. What I was able to do. Something you and your family were never able to do because she had been immortal then, not human."

Klaus chuckled. "You truly are the ray of light in the darkness, Kaylin Salvatore." Kaylin smiled, which caused Klaus to smile in return. "What now?"

"Don't you have a dying girl you need to go punish for her sins?" Kaylin asked.

"I do, but I won't, for you," Klaus told her. Kaylin walked past him, unconvinced. "Just as I didn't kill Tyler Lockwood, for you."

Kaylin turned to face him. "Tyler's alive?"

Klaus nodded. "You and I once made a deal. That I let your friends be, even the ones that have harmed me, Tyler included. Even while I was a thousand of miles away, I still honored that deal. Even while he was under the influence of Rosalita to harm me and my family one last time, I still honored you, Kaylin."

Kaylin seemed surprised yet touched.

Klaus smiled a small smile.

"So you came all the way to Mystic Falls to back off when I tell you to?" Kaylin asked.

"No," Klaus answered. "I came all the way to Mystic Falls to gloat over the fact that Rosalita's dead, that she used and manipulated Valentina for 300 years, and gloat over a corpse to be, as you so poetically put it." Kaylin barely contained a smile, shaking her head, looking away. "But I will leave, minus the gloating, in return for one, small thing."

(Song:) World Without End - Brand X Music

Kaylin looked at him impassively. "And what is that?"

"I want your confession," Klaus answered.

"My confession?" Kaylin repeated. "You're gonna have to be a little more specific, because I've done a lot in my day." Klaus smiled. "Confession about what?"

"Me," Klaus answered. Kaylin looked at him in confusion. "As soon as we're done here, I'm going to walk away, and I'm never coming back. You'll never again have to look me in the eye and cover our connection with hostility or revulsion. And you'll never have to loathe the darkest parts of yourself that still care for me, in spite of all I've done." Klaus stepped closer to Kaylin. "I will be gone, and you will be free. Until the one day that you realize that this..." He gestured around them. "This life you have built for yourself... It won't be enough for you, and you'll come knocking on my door. I just... want you to be honest with me, Kaylin. Admit that there is still a part of you that loves me for the man I was when we first met."

Kaylin took a moment to think about just how to say it the right way. "I have built many lives for myself over the last 147 years. And none of them have been enough for me. The only times I could have ever been truly happy was when I was in my darkest time, and that was when I didn't feel guilt for what I did. And I never want to feel that way again. You bring out that part of me, okay? You said that I brought out the best part of you, but you bring out the worst part of me. You change me as much as I change you, and that is dangerous, Klaus, on so many levels. The only times I could ever be truly happy was when I felt like a monster, and it was because I was with you."

"I see," Klaus told her.

"No, you don't," Kaylin told him. "Yes, I do cover our connection with hostility, because, yes, I hate myself for the truth. I will be honest with you about what I want. The truth is, I still care about you, Klaus, no matter how much I try not to. And no matter how much my friends and family don't like it. They hate that you still have influence over me, and I do, too. But not in the way that you think that I do. I know that you still love me, Klaus. And I've tried so hard to convince myself that I'm not in love with you."

Klaus stepped closer. "But you can't. Can you?" Kaylin didn't answer. "I will walk away from Mystic Falls, never to return. If that's what makes it easier for you."

Kaylin slowly closed the small distance between them, coming within inches him. "Good."

Klaus' words were a whisper against Kaylin's lips. "But does that mean you won't come to me?"

Kaylin's words were a whisper against Klaus' lips. "I guess we'll figure that out when the time comes."

Klaus smiled a small smile. Kaylin put a hand to his cheek, kissing him slowly. They both seemed so lost in the moment, reliving the past and savoring the now. The kiss became passionate.

Kaylin pulled away, leaning her forehead against his, still having her eyes closed, breathing deeply in relief that she didn't have to fight it anymore. She opened her eyes, looking at Klaus. She couldn't help a smile.

Klaus smiled, seemingly remembering everything that she did. He rushed Kaylin back into a tree behind her, kissing her deeply. Kaylin pulled his jacket off one arm at a time, letting it fall to the ground. Klaus pulled off her leather jacket, letting it fall to the ground, ripping her shirt down the middle, pushing it back to reveal a black and pink lace bra, returning to kissing her. Kaylin intertwined her fingers in his hair, pulling him closer.

(Song Ends)

-----

Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room

Damon still lied on the floor. "Ow!"

Damon picked himself up off of the floor, not even hinting that he heard Katherine's earlier conversation with Valentina.

Nicola, hearing Damon's groaning, entered the room. "Damon? What the hell happened to you?"

"The same thing that happened to you," Damon answered. "Valentina. Hey, Nikki. Are you okay?"

Nicola nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Did Kaylin find you?" Damon asked.

Nicola hesitated, shaking her head. "Not exactly."

Elijah walked in.

Damon looked at him. "Elijah."

"Hello," Elijah told him.

"In a shocking twist, Katherine's sister Valentina is a psychopath," Damon told him. "Whew. She's all yours. I've had fun messing with her mind all day."

"Damon..." Nicola trailed off.

"I know, Nikki," Damon told her. "I know. It's been a rough couple of days. I needed an outlet, okay?"

Damon walked out of the room.

Nicola looked at Elijah. "I'll give you a minute."

Elijah nodded. "Thank you, Nicola."

"You're welcome, Elijah," Nicola told him.

Nicola walked out, leaving Elijah alone with Katherine.

Elijah sat next to Katherine. "Katerina."

Katherine was stunned to see him. "You're here."

Elijah nodded. "I'm here. I came to say goodbye."

-----~-----

Twilight - Outside - Roof

(Song:) Let Her Go - Passenger 

Stefan, Damon and Nicola were sitting up on the roof. 

"You know, I was in a dark place," Stefan told them.

"And Alex pulled you out of  it," Nicola told him. "Irony abounds." 

Kaylin jumped onto the roof of the house, sitting next to Nicola. "Like you have any room to talk."

"Where have you been?" Nicola asked.

"Woods," Kaylin answered. "After Elijah found you, I found that stupid safe and got rid of it once and for all." Stefan, Damon and Nicola looked at Kaylin as if they knew that she was keeping something from them. Kaylin changed the subject, looking at Nicola in concern, wrapping an arm around her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Nicola answered. "I'm fine." She looked at Stefan. "You know, it's good that you have Alex back, Stef. You need each other right now. Especially after everything that happened."

"I know that, Nikki," Stefan told her.

"And, Damon, whatever's going on with you and Elena, you need to fix it," Nicola told him. "She's the best thing that ever happened to you."

"You think I don't know that?" Damon asked. "I can't live without her. But when you think about it, I'm no better than Katherine. Elena will be happier without me." Nicola gave him an are you kidding me? look. "What? I'm being selfless. Don't give me that look."

"I'm not giving you a look," Nicola told him. 

"Katherine freaking Pierce has a selfless moment, but I'm not allowed to have one?" Damon asked. Stefan, Nicola and Kaylin exchanged a look. "Fine. Fine. When I get Elena back, and Stefan and Alex remain together for the rest of time, and the whole universe freaks out because the fated Doppelgangers are torn apart, just remember, you... Nikki... you're the one who pep-talked us out of doing the right thing for the universe and all mankind."

"I will keep that in mind," Nicola told him. 

"You do that," Damon told her, drinking the rest of his drink. He looked at Nicola and Kaylin. "And you can also thank me for calling Klaus and Elijah."

"Why would we thank you?" Kaylin asked. Stefan and Damon gave Nicola and Kaylin an are you serious? look. "What? No matter what happens, nothing's changed." 

"But you're saying that something did happen?" Nicola asked. 

Kaylin looked away, pressing her lips together, keeping her expression clear of any reaction. "You guys suck."

Kaylin stood, stepping forward, jumping off of the roof, falling toward the ground below. 

Nicola smirked, knowing what happened between Klaus and Kaylin, thinking about her own moment with Elijah, putting a finger to her lips.

Stefan and Damon noticed her reaction, looking at Nicola.

Nicola looked at them. "What?"

-----

Inside - Living Room

Everyone except the Salvatores, Katherine and Elena were gathered in the living room.

Bonnie, Eliza and Jeremy were sitting on one couch.

Matt, Lindsey and Tory were sitting across from them. Luke sat on the arm next to Tory. Kacie sat on the arm next to Matt.

Cristian stood at the drink table, pouring himself a drink. Liv sat on the table next to him.

Alex stood next to the steps.

Caroline sat in a chair. "So, what do we do now?"

"We wait for Katherine to bite the bullet," Cristian answered.

Matt looked at Bonnie. "So, this Anchor thing... Does that mean you'll be able to, like, feel Katherine's death or whatever?"

"I think so," Bonnie answered. "I mean, she's human, but she's a Doppelganger. And a Traveler, apparently."

Matt looked from Bonnie, Eliza and Jeremy to Lindsey. "So who else do you guys see over there? Anybody I know?"

"The only ghosts I could see were Ryan, Bonnie and Lindsey," Eliza explained. "But, since Lindsey came back and Bonnie was turned into the all-powerful ghost whisperer, the spell was broken, and it made me see pretty much anyone, more than just Ryan." She smiled. "Plus it has vervain."

"I see lots of people," Lindsey told him. "Bonnie's Grams, the other witches, Ryan... my parents moved and found peace together, so that counts for something. Vicki. I don't talk about it, you know, because it's--"

Ryan suddenly appeared, standing next to Vicki at the back of the room. "It's depressing as hell."

Vicki nudged into Ryan. "Hey, what's up, Ryan?"

"Nothing much, vamp," Ryan replied.

Jeremy, Eliza, Bonnie and Lindsey looked at them, smiling.

"Tell Matty and Tory I love them," Vicki told them.

"What's happening?" Tory asked.

"Ryan and Vicki are here," Lindsey answered. She looked at Tory and Matt. "Vicki said she loves both of you."

"Tell them I watch over them, Lindsey," Vicki told her. "And tell Tor no more keeping secrets from everybody. Namely Tyler and Kacie."

"Wait, what secrets?" Jeremy asked.

Vicki didn't get the chance to answer.

"Ryan's here?" Luke asked.

"Yeah," Eliza answered.

"Hey, Eliza, tell Luke that I still watch over him and everyone else," Ryan told her. "That there's not much to do on the Other Side besides looking out for my annoying little brother."

"What's Ryan saying?" Luke asked.

"That there's not much on the Other Side to do besides looking out for his little brother," Eliza answered. "Ryan misses you, Luke."

Luke smiled, raising his glass. "Miss you, too, Ryan."

Luke took a drink.

Kaylin walked into the room, noticing the atmosphere. "What? What's happening? What am I missing?"

Tyler walked into the house, looking at Kacie. "Me."

"Tyler?" Tory asked softly.

Tyler looked at Kaylin. "Klaus says to tell you that I'm his parting gift." Everyone looked at Kaylin suspiciously. Kaylin looked around awkwardly. Kacie rolled her eyes, standing, wrapping her arms around Tyler. Tyler smiled, wrapping his arms around her. "Hey, Kacie."

Tory watched them timidly, almost guilty.

Lindsey, Luke, Cristian and Liv looked at her knowingly.

Tory gave them a look.

Kacie pulled away, pushing Tyler in the chest as hard as she could, receiving a surprised look from him. "Don't you ever do that again, and don't you ever tell Caroline to keep it a secret from me again, Tyler. Do you understand that?"

Tyler sighed, nodding. "Okay."

Kacie smiled, wrapping her arms around Tyler.

Stefan, Damon and Nicola walked into the room.

Damon looked at Tyler. "If you're not a bitch to the Original hybrid, you're a bitch to Kacie."

Tyler pulled away, looking at Damon, nodding sarcastically.

Nicola looked at Kaylin, sitting down in a chair, waiting for an explanation. "Speaking of Klaus..."

Kaylin searched for a subject change, walking up to the table, picking up a bottle. "Have we really gone through four bottles of bourbon today?"

Alaric suddenly made an appearance on the other side of Ryan. "Will somebody tell all these idiots to lay off the booze?"

"Oh, my God," Eliza told them.

"Alaric!" Jeremy told him, turning to face him.

"Ric's here?" Alex asked.

Liv looked around but didn't see him, Vicki or Ryan. "Where the hell have you been? I thought you bailed on us to go find peace or something."

"Did you honestly think I'd leave Damon in charge and never look back?" Alaric asked.

"He's talking about me, isn't he?" Damon asked.

"He says you're a dick," Ryan told him.

Vicki, Eliza, Jeremy, Bonnie and Lindsey laughed.

Damon held up his bottle. "Cheers, buddy."

"Cheers," Alaric told them.

(Song Ends)

Bonnie looked behind Tory and Luke, seeing Katherine standing behind them. "Katherine."

Eliza, Jeremy and Lindsey followed her gaze but saw nothing.

"Ding dong," Luke told them. "Does that mean the witch is dead?"

Katherine freaked out. "No. Uh-uh. It's too soon." She closed her eyes. "I can't!"

Katherine disappeared.

-----

Stefan's Room

Katherine bounced back into her body, cheating death once again.

"Wow," Elena told her. "You really don't want to die, do you? I swear, I just heard your heart stop."

Katherine was in a panic. "Where am I?"

"Still alive... sadly," Elena told her.

Katherine sighed. "I thought I was a goner there for a second. I still have unfinished business."

"So do I," Elena told her. "I had this whole speech that I was preparing to give your unconscious body."

"Let me guess," Katherine told her. "Hate, loathe, screw you, die, bitch, etc."

"Yes," Elena answered. "Uh... Plus, one more thing. I forgive you."

Katherine was in shock. "You what?"

"I forgive you," Elena repeated. "You weren't born evil. Your life made you that way. You lost everyone that you cared about way too young and you didn't have a family that looked after you. Sound familiar?"

"Is this the, 'we're not so different, you and I' Doppelganger speech?" Katherine asked. "Because I'd be happy to skip it."

"I'll save it for the funeral we probably won't have for you," Elena told her.

"Perfect," Katherine told her.

"I just wanted to get the forgiveness part out..." Elena trailed off. "It's a part of me that I never want to lose."

"Good for you," Katherine told her. "Now, maybe you can help a girl out. Give me one more syringe. If anyone's going to plunge a needle in me one last time, it may as well be you. Symmetry... and all that." Elena picked up the syringe, going to inject it in Katherine's body. "Elena. Thank you for your forgiveness."

Elena smiled a small smile. "You're welcome."

Elena went to inject her.

Katherine used the last bit of her strength she had to grab Elena by the head to complete the Traveler spell. "Jaryakat a zem. Daryeet acza."

Elena's eyes turned black. She slumped onto the floor.

Katherine died.

Elena's phone rang, waking her. She answered. "Hello?"

Valentina was on the other end of the line, driving on the road. "Vyjdit." Once again, Elena's eyes turned black, indicating that the Traveler's spell has been activated. Katherine had taken over Elena's body. "Hello. Are you there?"

"I'm here," Elena/Katherine answered.

"Talk to me," Valentina told her. "Did it work?"

Katherine, in Elena's body, walked over to her own corpse, checking her pulse to make sure she was truly dead. "Of course it worked. I'm Katherine Pierce. I survive. Valentina, it's a Petrova family trait, just like you're a survivor. I'll see you soon, Vallie." She hung up, walking toward the body, inspecting Elena's body through the mirror. "Hi. I'm Elena Gilbert."

-----~-----

5.12 "The Devil Inside" Trailer

(Song:) Devil Within - Digital Daggers 

From 5.12 "The Devil Inside", in a hotel room, Elena/Katherine and Valentina were talking.

"Once Mia does the spell, Elena will be gone forever, and that body will be yours for good," Valentina told her.

Valentina handcuffed Elena/Katherine to the bed.

From 5.12 "The Devil Inside", in the boarding house, the Salvatores and Cristian were talking.

Valentina stepped into view. "I'm here for Katherine's body."

"You ain't getting it," Damon told her.

EVERYONE

From 5.12 "The Devil Inside", in the hotel room, Elena/Katherine and Valentina were talking.

"Did you get my body?" Elena/Katherine asked.

WANTS

From 5.12 "The Devil Inside", in the boarding house, the Salvatores were talking.

"Could be a bit of a problem," Nicola told them.

HER BODY

Valentina became very agitated, rushing toward Damon, grabbing his throat. "Tell me where she is."

From 5.12 "The Devil Inside", in Tory's room, Tory and Luke were talking.

"You're just delaying the inevitable," Luke told her.

From 5.12 "The Devil Inside", in the Grill, Kaylin looked at Damon. "You're being a dick."

Damon walked toward Kacie. "You once told me that calling me Satan was an insult to Satan."

Kacie resisted the urge to say anything, tilting her head.

From 5.12 "The Devil Inside", in a party at the Lockwood Mansion, Jeremy and Eliza were dancing.

Tyler and Kacie were standing on the stairs. They looked too shocked to move.

Tory looked down in regret.

From 5.12 "The Devil Inside", in the boarding house, Cristian snapped Enzo's neck.

From 5.12 "The Devil Inside", in the study of the Lockwood Mansion, Luke punched Tyler in the face.

From 5.12 "The Devil Inside", in the library of the boarding house, Liv, Tory and Lindsey were sitting on the couch. Liv and Lindsey wrapped their arms around Tory's shoulders, leaning their heads against her shoulders.

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin and Nicola were standing by the far wall on either side of two chairs that Stefan and Damon were sitting in. Alex and Elena were half-laying on a bench in front of them, facing each other. The girls were in white dresses. The boys were in black clothing. They looked into the camera darkly.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

180K 6.2K 87
𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 - ❝𝙖 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙚'𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙧?❞...
5K 115 53
ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ (ᴡᴀɪᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ) x the vampire diaries. ❀ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ. ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀᴘᴇʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴇɴ...
19.1K 308 18
All rights go the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. heartofice97: Alex and Liv Gilbert...
65.2K 1K 27
All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. heartofice97: Alex and Liv Gilbert...