✓ | WE ARE INFINITE , ʳᵒᵇᶦⁿ ᵇ...

Від thoudeathwriter

❛ i swear, we are infinite ❜ In which the friend of Steve Harrington's sister goes missing and she finds out... Більше

⁰⁰ We Are Infinite
⁰² Investigating with Nancy Drew
⁰³ Story of the Scar
⁰⁴ The Other Side
⁰⁵ The Monster
⁰⁶ Gone Girl
⁰⁷ The Waiting Room
⁰⁸ Funeral's Suck!
⁰⁹ Start of Something
¹⁰ Halloween & A Drunken Immy
¹¹ Painful Reminders
¹² Fucked Up Situations
¹³ The Beginning of the Dangers of Dart
¹⁴ Junkyard Rendezvous
¹⁵ The Mind Flayer
¹⁶ énouement
¹⁷ The Billy I Knew
¹⁸ Rainbow
¹⁹ Coming Out
²⁰ The Code
²¹ Operation Child Endangerment
²² Only a Matter of Time
²³ Breaking Out - Part 1
²⁴ Breaking Out - Part 2
²⁵ Battle of Starcourt
²⁶ Called It
²⁷ We Are Infinite

⁰¹ The Vanishing of 1983

9.2K 244 294
Від thoudeathwriter

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹ - sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

❛ sʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ❜

See you later. She didn't know it yet but those three little words will forever haunt the Harrington girl.

Those three little words would never be the same to her again.

Those three little words said by others saying goodbye would make her paranoid that those she loved would never come back.

Let's rewind, it was November 6th, 1983, normal night in Hawkins Indiana, the windows were lightly covered in raindrops from the earlier storm and laughs filled this big house.

Two girls, Imogen Harrington and Issa Jones were in the room, laughing and joking around, having the time of their life, with each other, happy knowing they didn't have to worry about anyone finding out about them.

"I just don't understand what Nancy sees in Steve! I'm mean he's an idiot!" Imogen exclaimed, looking at the amused Issa before throwing her arms up exaggeratedly. "You're gonna look at me and tell me I'm wrong!?"

Issa raised her brows, running her fingers through Imogen's hair as she lied her head in Issa's lap. "Yes, your brother is an idiot."

Imogen gave her a big smile, "HA!"

"--BUT!" Issa interrupted, playfully glaring at the girl who frowned. "Steve's cute, I can see why Nancy likes him. You just don't want them together cuz he's your brother and she's your friend."

Imogen popped up making Issa move her head quickly to avoid getting headbutted.

"Wait a minute!" Imogen squinted at Issa who just bit her lip trying to contain their smile. "You think he's cute?"

Issa rolled her eyes before looking at the girl affectionately. "Not like that, Mo-Mo."

Imogen blushed, a dopey smile working on her face at the nickname since Issa was the only one to call her Mo or Mo-Mo.

Issa snorted at the smile on her face making Imogen flush even darker. Issa bit their lip, leaning her face closer to the blushing girl.

Imogen glanced at the girl's lips before looking back into the oh-so-familiar and beautiful hazel eyes, her breath hitching when Issa laid a soft kiss on her lips.

Issa grabbed the girl's head, deepening the kiss before finally breaking away, both of them with smiles on their faces.

"Wow." Imogen breathed out, her forehead against Issa's staring into those sparkling eyes in amazement as Issa just tucked her Mo-Mo's hair behind the girl's ear.

No matter how many times they kiss it always felt like the first time. The same butterflies, the same sparkling eyes, the same dopey smiles, the same feeling of euphoria after.

"Hey, Issa--WOAH!"

Imogen and Issa jumped apart as fast as they could, hearts feeling as though they were going to fall out their chests, feeling fear crawl up their bodies.

"Jesus! What, Steve?!" Imogen shouted, throwing a pillow at her brother, glancing at Issa who just looked down at her hands like she was a little kid getting scolded by her parents again.

Steve caught the pillow, looking between the girls, wondering why they were so close but decided not to question it when he saw the look of discomfort on his little sister's face.

"Issa..." Steve said making the said girl look up at the boy with fear in her eyes as she glanced at her secret girlfriend who just nodded at her reassuringly.

"Yes...sir?" the girl winced at her words when Steve looked at her weirdly.

"Your mom's on the phone."

Issa cursed, getting up from the bed and running downstairs to the kitchen where the phone was with Imogen and Steve following her.

"Hey, mommy," Issa answered the phone, her eyes trailing to Imogen standing in front of her.

Issa grabbed the girl's free hand, ignoring the curious eyes of Steve before he finally sighed and left them, going upstairs to his room.

Imogen played with Issa's fingers, watching the girl talk to her mom in concern.

"Yeah, no! It's okay! I'll be there. Mmhmm, love you too, mommy." Issa sighed, putting the phone on the receiver.

"So..."

"I'm sorry. I have to go. My mom's working another late shift and needs me to watch after Broady and Rowen." Issa sighed, grabbing her backpack from the couch nearby that she forgot to take up.

"Is everything okay? I mean that's like the 5th late shift this week." Imogen looked at the girl in worry, leading the girl outside, watching the girl get on her bright yellow bike.

Issa smiled softly at the girl, shaking her head. "Everything is fine, don't worry."

"Do you at least want me to ride with you? Say hi to the witch twins?" Imogen asked, glancing at her red bike that was thrown on the lawn crazily.

Issa shook her head again this time in amusement at the name for her siblings since Broady and Rowan always pulled pranks on Imogen. "I'm good."

Imogen sighed, making Issa bite her lip, before looking around, making sure no one was peeping on them since the mom's around here loved to gossip.

Issa hurriedly grabbed the girl by the back of her neck, pecking Imogen on the lips.

Imogen gazed into the beautiful hazel eyes, and at that moment she wanted to say those three little words.

I Love You.

"See you later." Issa winked.

Imogen watched Issa giggle when Imogen caught the kiss they blew her way, before walking to the door when Issa made her way out of Imogen's sight.

Something nagged at Imogen when she noticed the streetlights flickered, her stomach churned in worry for Issa but then she remembered.

'See you later' so the girl just shrugged it off knowing she'll see her girl tomorrow at school.

So she just made her way to bed, laughing when Steve came in giving her a kiss on the forehead before putting a hand on her face shoving her head down on the pillow-like he does every night.

──

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!"

Imogen ran around the house frantically, buttoning her high-waisted pants, her upper half only covered by a black bra causing her to curse.

As you could see, she was late, well she and Steve, who was currently outside honking the car horn like a mad man.

"I'm coming! Cool it!" Imogen shouted, grabbing a red hoodie she found on the back of the couch, holding it up to her face, sniffing it before shrugging and throwing it on.

Imogen groaned loudly when the phone rang loudly, "Jim's whore house. You got the dough, we got the hoe, what can I do for you?"

"Immy?"

Imogen straightened up when she heard Issa's mom on the phone, haha straightened.

The girl shook her head, trying to rid herself of her thoughts, "Ms. Jones, what's up?"

"Have you seen Issa? She wasn't home this morning and she was supposed to take Broady and Rowan to school."

Imogen furrowed her brows, "No, she left last night, she didn't even call this morning like usual."

"Which explains why you're late. If you see her can you tell her to call me, I'm worried?"

"Yeah, of course."

Imogen stared at the phone before hanging up, hurriedly grabbing her yellow converse and her backpack before running out of the house, slamming the car door when she finally got in.

"What do you girls do in the bathroom?" Steve glanced at his sister before driving away at a speed that wasn't legal.

Imogen finally relaxed when she got her shoes on her clothed feet, sinking into the seat, turning her head to watch the trees pass by. "I was on the phone."

"What's wrong?" Steve questioned his little sister with worry seeping into his voice.

Imogen turned in her seat, her back against the door as she looks at Steve. "Issa wasn't home this morning."

"So she left for school early." Steve made up an excuse, trying to ease the girl's fears.

"And leave Ms. Jones to take the twins to school? No that isn't like her." Imogen shook her head, changing the cassette to her Queen one her father got her.

"Is that my hoodie?" Steve asked, his eyes going to the red hoodie his sisters wearing before going back to the road.

Imogen rolled her eyes, "YES! Issa didn't even call this morning, she always calls." the girl pointed out.

Steve nodded, knowing it was true, Issa called every morning to make sure Imogen was awake and ready for school, that was probably the reason why they were running late, Steve always expected the calls too.

"That just won't do!" Steve gasped in a mock of horror, trying to humor his sister but she only responded with a punch to the arm, making the car swerve slightly.

"This isn't funny!" Imogen exclaimed.

"Immy, she's fine."

Imogen glared, crossing her arms and was silent the rest of the ride, climbing out of the car when they made it to the school, slamming the door causing Steve to wince and call out to her but she just ignored the boy making him sigh and enter the school.

Imogen glanced around the parking lot trying to see if she can see the short girl but sighs when she sees no one of Issa's descriptions.

The girl walked into the school, standing there as teens hustled around her, she still couldn't see Issa and that made the feeling in her stomach worse.

"BARB! Nancy!" The girl blurted, running over to the two girls, crowding Nancy's locker.

"Hey, Immy." Barb smiled as Imogen panted, resting her arm on Barb's shoulder.

Looking between the two girls, "Have you guys seen Issa anywhere?"

"No, sorry." Barb apologized as Nancy opened her locker, a note falling out.

"Nancy?"

Nancy snapped her head to Imogen, her cheeks covered with a blush after she read the note from Steve. "No haven't seen her anywhere, sorry, Immy."

"Fuck. Thanks for the help." Imogen grumbled, walking away to her class as the bell rang.

The girl plopped into her seat, twirling the pen in between her fingers as she watched the students flood in nervously waiting for Issa to arrive

But she never did. And that made her heart feel heavy. She just wished Issa would walk in laughing with her friends, connecting eyes with Imogen and they have to fight the urge to jump in each other's arms.

But that never happened.

Leaving Imogen gazing longingly at Issa's abandoned seat, wishing Issa would run in apologizing for being late while throwing a soft smile Imogen's way making her have to try to hide the flush in her cheeks.

Her head jerked up, looking around at the students hurrying out the room as the bell rung loudly, cursing herself for getting caught in her daydreams.

Imogen gathered her stuff before grabbing onto a girl's arm, remembering seeing her hanging out with Issa a few times around school, and she was positive she lived across the street from the Jones girl. "You're Robin, right?"

The freckled girl turned to Imogen, glancing at the hand on her arm before her bright eyes returned to Imogen's face, wondering why she was finally talking to her after years of Robin sitting behind her in class. "Yeah, why?"

Imogen awkwardly let go of the girl's arm as she saw the glances, putting that hand in the hoodie pocket, "Have you seen Issa today?"

"No, sorry Imogen." Robin shook her head apologetically, remembering she didn't see Issa leave the house like she normally does.

Imogen let out a shuttering breath, running out the room, not noticing the concerned look Robin gave her.

──

When school ended Imogen didn't hesitate to start walking towards the elementary school nearby, knowing Ms. Jones is probably working and can't pick up the twins.

"Hey, little demons!" Imogen grinned at the 7-year-olds, who ran up to her, hugging her tightly.

"What are you doing here?" Broady asked, squinting up at the tall girl.

Imogen ruffled the little boy's hair, "I'm gonna walk you home, that okay?" she questioned, looking towards Rowan who was quieter than her brother.

The three started walking, Imogen and Rowan walking in silence, listening to Broady ramble about his day at school and the new comic he got from that Lucas Sinclair kid that picks up his sister.

When he was done talking, Imogen didn't even ask Rowan how her day was knowing the girl wasn't comfortable talking unless it was to her mom, an emergency or if she was scared and needed to tell someone.

"Did mama find Issa yet?" Broady randomly said.

Imogen glanced down at the boy in confusion before returning her eyes to the sidewalk, "Um...I don't know. Do you know something, little man?"

Rowan peeked towards her brother with a look Imogen couldn't decipher, making her nervous.

"W-we didn't tell mama this but..."

Imogen's eyes widened when Broady trailed off, glancing at his twin once again as she looked between the two kids. "What?"

"We didn't want her to get in trouble!"

"What, Broads?"

"She never came home last night." A small voice came from Rowan as she looks up at Imogen with wide hazel eyes that mirrored her mom and sisters.

──

"SHE WHAT?!"

Imogen sat awkwardly on the couch with Rowan and Broady on each side of her, their eyes on the fiddling hands as their mother scolds them for lying.

"We thought she stayed at Immy's so we didn't say anything," Broady mumbled, the loose string on his shirt catching his attention as he tried not to make eye contact with his angry momma.

Liz Jones sighed, crouching down in front of Broady, making the young boy look at her with teary eyes. "I know honey, but you have to tell me stuff like this, okay?--"

Just as she was about to speak again the phone rang causing her to sigh and get up walking to the kitchen to answer it.

"It's okay," Imogen mumbled, letting Rowan climb into her lap, and let Broady cuddle into her side, squeezing them closer to her when she could practically feel the fear waving off them.

The teen looked up when she saw Liz come into the room with a weird look on her face, making her look at the woman concerned.

Liz smiled at her babies, "Why don't you two go to your room and play?"

Broady nodded at his momma, climbing off the couch and grabbing Rowan's hand helping her off before walking them to their shared room.

Imogen got up from the couch, standing in front of the woman as tears filled Liz's eyes. "What's wrong?"

"That was Joyce."

"Byers?" Imogen furrowed her brows as Liz nodded, running a hand over her face.

"She said Will's missing." Liz took a deep breath, trying to control her tears, she's been keeping in all day.

"Do you think it's connected?" Imogen asked, her own eyes becoming watery.

"I really hope it's not, Immy." Liz whimpered, she wouldn't know what to do if one of her babies went missing and it was connected to someone else's baby, then you know something's not right.

"Hey, it's going to be okay." Imogen panicked bringing the sobbing mother into her arms, not caring if the hoodie was getting wet as she comforted the worried mom.

Liz pulled back from the embrace, drying the tears that fell, "D-do you think you could watch the twins for me while I go talk to Hopper?"

Imogen nodded, even though her brain was telling her that it probably wasn't this serious. "Yeah, of course."

Liz smiled tearfully, grabbing her purse and sweater, going to say goodbye to the twins before stopping in front of Immy who just stood there fiddling with the large sleeves of the hoodie.

"I'll be back in a little bit okay sweetie, " Liz grabbed the girl's shoulders, placing a kiss on the teen's forehead.

Imogen nodded, "Okay, Bye..." she was cut off by the door and the car driving off. "...Ms. Jones."

It was silent, just the faint giggles of the twins playing. The teenager's eyes trailed the walls of the house, her eyes going to the family picture.

It was the only one, she noticed, that had Issa's and the twins' father in it.

Mr. Quil Jones, a young and healthy scientist who supposedly died at work due to natural causes but Imogen called it bullshit since he worked at Hawkins Lab.

Imogen never got a good feeling from that place, she'd tell Steve conspiracy theories she made up but the boy normally ignored her so she had her suspicions on the man's death.

Imogen's eyes landed on a picture of Issa when she was around 3 years old, making a dopey smile erupt on her face, "She's a cute baby."

Giggles becoming louder grabbed her attention, cursing when she remembers she was supposed to watch those demons.

The girl ran to their room, making the twins look at her as if she was crazy as she smiled widely, and clapped loudly. "Let's do this!"

──

The door closed softly behind her as Imogen slipped off her shoes, sighing in exhaustion wanting to go to sleep and wake up to Issa's call.

The girl stood there silently, before groaning when she heard Steve and Nancy moaning upstairs, scrunching her nose. "Gross."

A laugh made the girl jump, turning to see Tommy H and Carol getting up from the couch, looking at the girl in amusement.

"Don't you have your own house?" Imogen grumbled, turning the tv off knowing the two weren't going to watch it.

"Yeah but you have food here," Tommy replied, chuckling when he saw Imogen roll her eyes. "Aww little Harrington, you know you love me."

Imogen slapped his hand away as the boy ruffled her hair, "In your dreams Thomas."

Carol shook her head, smiling at Imogen, "We're going, don't worry. Bye, Immy."

"Bye Care."

Imogen heard the front door close as she walked to the back, frowning when she saw Barb sitting on the ground with her feet in the pool.

Immy opened the sliding door, sitting criss-cross next to Barb, setting her head on the redhead's shoulder. "Hey, pretty lady."

Barb chuckled, with a blush coating her cheeks, "Hey, Immy. Any luck on Issa?"

Imogen watched the water swish around, the lights from the pool making it look more blue than normal. "No, her mom filed a missing person's report so expect Issa's face on a milk carton."

Barb rose a brow at the girl, not knowing if Imogen was trying to joke or not.

"I miss her," Imogen confessed.

Barb rested her head on Immy's with a sigh, knowingly. Barb, being the girl's best friend, knew about the relationship between Issa and Imogen.

She wasn't supposed to know but one day about a year ago Barb went to hang out with Imogen and accidentally walked in on the two girls kissing.

That night Issa ran out of the house, avoiding eye contact with Barb and Steve who was downstairs watching T.V. and after she did Imogen burst out in tears making Barb hurry and hug her promising the girl that she supported the two 100% and swore she would never out them or tell anyone of their intimate relationship.

Barb was about to ask the girl if she was okay when Imogen interrupted her questioning. "Do you want a coke?"

Barb sighed, knowing the girl didn't want to talk about Issa so she just nodded her head, biting her lip as she watched Imogen run in the house, chuckling when she heard the girl yell at Nancy and Steve.

"Shut up or I'm going up there and chopping off your babies!"

Imogen shook her head, ignoring Nancy's embarrassed shouts, closing the fridge with her hip as she held the two coca cola's in her hands.

The girl jumped when a loud thump was heard, but she just shrugged thinking it was coming from Steve's room so she just walked towards the back door.

"Barbie!?"

A sad expression grew on Imogen's face when she noticed the redhead wasn't out there anymore, making her look around in confusion, "If you didn't want Coke I had Pepsi!"

Imogen looked down at the soda's in her hands, sighing.

The girl started walking away, leaving the sliding door open but freezing when she heard something come from outside.

Imogen set the soda's down, walking slowly towards the back door, looking outside, her heart beating out of her chest.

Fear crawled up her body as she heard a growling noise coming from the woods lining the backyard, her eyes snapped to the woods but all she could see was the darkness, the back porch light doing nothing to help her.

The girl swallowed thickly, her eyes trailing the yard once more, flinching when she heard a faint screeching noise making her quickly close the door, locking it, and making sure to lock all the windows and doors.

She plopped on the couch, the sodas were forgotten as thoughts ran through her head wondering what the hell that was she heard.

Eventually, she fell asleep on the couch, clutching a throw pillow close to her chest as if it were a lifeline.

And that night, while her mind was a circus, she didn't know it at the time but she had just lost two people closest to her.

──

authors note |

first chapter of Atypical, what'd you think? I'm super excited to start posting this and I hope you guys like it, I'm also working on another ST fanfic, it's a poly Max and Lucas so I'm excited.

ok... bye, love you's.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

7.5K 423 22
ᴱᵛᵉⁿ ᵗʷᵒ ʷᵒʳˡᵈˢ ᵃᵖᵃʳᵗ, ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵘⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵒᵒⁿ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ʳᵉᵃˡⁱᵍⁿ. 0:17 ───ㅇ───── 4:03 ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐘 ~ 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯 𝘨𝘳𝘢...
25.5K 329 31
***Completed until season 5*** In which, Rudy Harrington, younger brother of Steve Harrington, falls madly in love with one of the new girls from Cal...
271K 9.6K 32
❛ Nothing... everything ❜ In which Eleven isn't the only mystery kid that showed up but her even odder brother Seven, who stirs feelings in two compl...
20K 711 26
━━━━━━BRUTAL ❝truthfully, wheeler, i don't care what you think of me.❞ ━mike wheeler x male!oc eleven x fem!oc season 2...