How To Steal A Heart

By NightTime_Storiexs

Highest rankings: Frenemies: #1 (2nd May 2020) Charming: #2 (19th July 2020) Follow my Instagram for any upda... More

Driveway
Air mattress
Shopping cart
Reunion
Step one
Home alone with you
Group date
Step two
William
Hide and seek
Hike
Basorexia
Paint twister
Too close
Memories
Ryan
Aggravating
Bad influence
First date
Chasing
Blamed
Charlie
Movie marathon
This summer
Moving out
Pool day
Exhausted and upset
Cut short
Love?
Regret
Break it
Laundry disaster
Grounded?
Alone
You've got to be fucking kidding
Secret
Eve
A/N
I love you
Epilogue

Miami

9.6K 263 117
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter twenty-seven: Miami (Madison's POV)

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" I felt a pillow being smacked on my head numerous times. I opened my eyes to see Riley while Jacob lay fast asleep beside me. 

"What about him?" I whined. She handed me the pillow. "Wake up, wake up, wake up!" I did exactly what Riley did. 

"What?" he asked, his voice hoarse. 

"I don't know," I shrugged while tying my hair up, turning to Riley for an explanation for the rude awakening. 

"We are going to Miami!" she cheered. We've been once before together and I've been once before when we were kids with Nick. 

"Wait what?" I asked in confusion. 

"Nick booked tickets for summer break!" she cheered. 

"When?" Jacob laughed. 

"This morning. I was talking to him about it and he said we should all go," she shrugged. "We're leaving tomorrow morning at eight," she said nonchalantly before going back downstairs. 

"What just happened?" I asked myself. 

"I guess we're going to Miami," Jacob replied. After that, we both split up, got fresh, and went downstairs where I fed Charlie first, then made myself a tea and watched Jacob make us breakfast. 

He made pancakes, will you look at that? Pancakes! I eagerly took my plate from him and sat with him, talking and eating breakfast. A couple of minutes later, Nick and Riley joined us and we all just sat there and laughed and talked about our Miami plan and what we're gonna do and it was such a nice morning. 

Can I just say it sucks to not have your parents around, you know, those are the people you go to or help, you tell your mom about your boy problems, spend time with your dad, warning him to not grill the guy you bring home but I don't get to do that. Riley's always been here and she's always been such an amazing friend of mine and of course, Nick is my brother and while he is a pain in the ass sometimes, I love him so much and Jacob... Jacob is well um- he's Jacob. 

I have never liked a person so much but before all this, I have never hated a person so much either. Even when I was friends with him. I always kinda hated him because he was always my best friend's brother that bullied me and teased me but now he's someone a lot more special than that. He means a lot more. And I may not have my parents here with me like ever, but I have all the family I need right here. 

"You done with that?" Jacob asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. 

"Hmm?" I asked in confusion. 

"You done?" he asked while chuckling. 

"Yeah," I nodded while handing him my now empty plate. 

"I think you guys should go and drop Charlie earlier today so he can get used to staying the nights there by tonight," Nick suggested while he grabbed Riley's hand and pulled her out of her seat. 

"Can you go right now?" Riley looked at me. 

I took the hint. I had no interest in hearing them do it. "Sure," I stood up, "Let's go," I grabbed Jacob's hand and took him upstairs to grab some of Charlie's stuff before coming back down and grabbing Charlie. 

"Come on," I huffed while picking him up. 

"He's just a baby, can't we take him?" Jacob mumbled while backing the car out of the driveway. 

"He's just a baby, that's why we can't take him," I gave him a pointed look while pulling my seatbelt on. He sighed in disappointment before driving over. 

"Quick question," I said while giving Charlie belly rubs. "What if Julia decides to pay your grandma a visit?" I looked at him. 

"She doesn't even know our grandma lives here, first of all, and second of all, my grandma pretty much disowned her. She was a really bratty child," he shrugged while pulling into his grandma's driveway. We got out, me holding Charlie and him holding his things when I rang the doorbell. 

Emily answered the door with Steve. Those are his grandparents. "Hello, you two!" she smiled while extending her arms, giving us a tight hug each. 

"Hey," I laughed while Jacob kissed her cheek. 

"Grandma," Jacob sighed. "Two weeks. Do you have any plans?" he asked. 

"Look at us, kid. Do we look like we have friends to go places with?" Steve asked, earning a smack on his arm from Emily. 

"Oh, gladly!" she eagerly took Charlie from my arms. We explained our vacation plans and she already knew how to take care of a dog so she knew exactly what to do before we said bye and left. 

"Why don't we go somewhere instead of back home?" I asked as we got in the car. 

"To give your brother and his girlfriend more time? Sure, but does he really need that much?" he joked. I laughed as he backed out while waving a small bye before we just drove around the block for a while before getting back to the house. We walked in and stood in silence for a moment and we were clear. 

We went into the backyard where we cuddled on the hammock for a while before we began laughing and arguing. 

"That's not true," he laughed while twirling a strand of my hair around his finger. 

"It's true, Winnie The Pooh is a girl," I laughed while playing with his fingers in our intertwined hands. 

"Where did you read that?" he asked. 

"Google it, I'll bet you ten bucks," I dared while lifting a brow at him. 

"Bet me ten kisses and you'll have a deal," he smirked. 

"What do I get when I win?" I asked. 

"Ten kisses," he laughed. 

"And if you win you get them too?" He nodded. "So you win either way?" I scoffed. 

"We win, babe," he laughed before pulling his phone out. I couldn't help but stare at him in awe and admiration. 

He's beautiful and I got really lucky right here. 

The doorbell rang and neither Nick or Riley went to answer it so it kept ringing. "I'll get it," I stood up with a sigh. 

"No," he whined, pulling me down in his lap. 

"It's rude," I gave him a pointed look before getting up and getting the door. I opened it to see Julia. "God's sakes," I mumbled while preparing to close the door in her face. 

"Wait, it's about you," she huffed while pulling me out. 

"What?" I asked in exhaustion. 

"Are you falling for him, Maddie?" she sighed. I looked at her and she seemed almost worried. 

Almost. 

"Yes, Julia, I am," I huffed while folding my arms across my chest. 

"I should have warned you not to fall in love with him," she whispered to herself. "Don't tell him," she ordered. 

"What?" I asked in confusion. 

"When you fall in love with him, which is inevitable at this point, don't tell him. Wait for him to go first. Just trust me," she sighed. 

"I don't trust you," I shrugged. 

"I just came to warn you. Don't confess first," she said before walking away. I rolled my eyes, shrugging off every word that came out of her mouth and heading back inside. I turned around to see Jacob coming inside.

"Who was it?" he asked. 

"No one," I lied while shrugging it off. He shrugged before walking over to me and grabbing me by the waist, pecking my lips exactly ten times, holding the last one out. "You win," he said after pulling away. 

"I knew I would," I sang while going upstairs to my room to start packing. Jacob came along and helped and then once we were done in about an hour, we went to pack for him. I noticed that we pack in the same way. Outfits. We both put our outfit together and then pack them and put swimsuits separately. 

We finished his a lot quicker since he wasn't taking as much time to choose outfits as I was. Once we were done packing we collapsed on his bed with a sigh. "I'm sleepy," I grabbed his pillow and cuddled it only for him to take it away. 

I pouted while he lay his head on it. So I lay my head on him. "I'm taking a nap," I announced before wrapping my arm around his torso and closing my eyes. He was running his fingers through my hair and kissing the top of my head, lulling me to sleep successfully. 

~~~~~ 

I woke up after almost two hours. I stirred before opening my eyes and looking up to see Jacob sleeping. He had his arm around me while his other hand held mine. I was way too busy staring at him to notice him wake up. "What're you doing?" he smirked. 

"Staring," I replied nonchalantly. 

"Why?" he questioned with an arched eyebrow. 

"Because I like you," I shrugged. He looked down at me with a small smile. "What?" I asked in confusion when he wasn't saying anything. He didn't say anything, he just kissed me. "What was that for?" I chuckled after pulling away. 

"For being you and being here," he shrugged. 

"You're so sweet," I chuckled. 

"The last thing a guy wants to be called is sweet," he deadpanned. 

"Well then, what do you wanna be called?" I asked in confusion while laughing. 

He smirked and opened his mouth to answer but Nick's voice cut him off. "Knock, knock!" he swung the door open. 

I sighed while sitting up. "Hello, my lovely brother," I said sarcastically while standing up and straightening out my shirt. Jacob sat up in bed against the headboard, reaching for his shirt that lay on the floor, throwing it on.

"What the hell were you two doing?" Nick questioned suspiciously. 

"Not what you and Riley were," I mumbled. "We took a nap," I answered while running my hand through my hair. 

"Okay well, I'm ordering McDonald's for dinner, you guys want some?" he asked. 

I said, "Yes!" at the same time Jacob said, 

"No." 

I mouthed 'yes' to Nick before he nodded and left. I knew what this was about. "You don't want him paying for it," I sighed while lying on my stomach. 

"Of course, I don't. He's paying for my vacation and the food that I eat and it's your house I'm living in," he sighed. 

"First of all, you already said you would pay him back for the vacation so that doesn't count, the food he pays for is for all of us, not just you and this is your house just as much as it's mine," I grabbed his hand and held it in mine. 

"Mads-" he began but I didn't let him. 

"Did you hear me?" I gave him a pointed look and he nodded in defeat. "Good," I squeezed his hand before getting up. 

"Where are you going?" he asked. 

"To shower and no, you cannot join."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter twenty-seven 

I accidentally made this chapter longer too. Oops.

Please vote and comment <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.2K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
1.5M 53.2K 54
Highest rankings: Break-up: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche romance: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche: #1 (11th May 2020) Cheesy romance: #2 (20th May 2...
357K 10.3K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...
1.4M 42.8K 58
Highest rankings: Cliche romance: #1 (8th November 2019) Crush: #2 (2nd December 2019) Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questi...