MY GANGSTER PROTECTOR ✔

By huntress2021

Dara's school, Bridge Rose University, was recently closed due to some stupid reason and the students had no... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1 - The Transferee Student
CHAPTER 2 - First Day
CHAPTER 3 - Misleading Behavior
CHAPTER 4 - A Promise
CHAPTER 5 - No Reaction
CHAPTER 6 - One-Sided Crush
CHAPTER 7 - New Girl
CHAPTER 8 - Biggest Rival
CHAPTER 9 - Fire 39 Leader
CHAPTER 10 - Doubts
CHAPTER 11 - The Truth About Namee
CHAPTER 12 - A Confusing Night
CHAPTER 13 - His Past
CHAPTER 14 - First Fight
CHAPTER 15 - The New Rule
CHAPTER 16 - InterSAT Bonfire
CHAPTER 17 - Her Shield
CHAP 18 ONWARDS WILL BE IN PRIVATE. PLS FOLLOW ME TO VIEW.
CHAPTER 18 - In His Arms
CHAPTER 19 - Two Steps Forward
CHAPTER 21 - Fake Armor
CHAPTER 22 - Misunderstanding
CHAPTER 23 - Attack at the Back Gate
CHAPTER 24 - Ice Lord's Girl
CHAPTER 25 - Complications
CHAPTER 26 - PicaMee - The Odd Couple
CHAPTER 27 - A Future with Her
CHAPTER 28 - His Kind of Love
CHAPTER 29 - Locker X
CHAPTER 30 - Changes
CHAPTER 31 - A Desperate Heart
CHAPTER 32 - Without Her
CHAPTER 33 - Revenge
CHAPTER 34 - Their Journey
CHAPTER 35 - Slow Steps
CHAPTER 36 - Separation
CHAPTER 37 - Sunset
CHAPTER 38 - Top of the Mountain
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 20 - Push and Pull

58.5K 1.4K 532
By huntress2021

"Ice Lord is walking this way! OMG!"

"What the hell! There goes Takizawa again!"

"Why is that girl always with him?"

Dara's grip on her books tightened as she heard the students mumbling to each other as she was walking towards her locker. When she followed their gazes, true enough, Riko is with Jiro again. Her mood turned sour instantly. She knew she shouldn't feel that way because the two might just be friends. Still, she can't stop the jealousy boiling inside her.

What's more infuriating is that Jiro acts nonchalant about it, like it's not an issue AT ALL. Aside from that, the way he treats her at school remained the same. So, she still feels like she's 'the girl he has to protect', just like before. Isn't something supposed to change between them?

When Riko and Jiro were about to walked past her, Riko waved her hand and greeted her merrily. "Good morning Dara!"

She forced a smile on her face and nodded at her. Dara's gaze then shifted to the stoic guy beside Riko. Unfortunately, Jiro just glanced at her and continued walking, making her frown.

Grrr!

Sighing heavily, Dara opened her locker and threw her books inside. She doesn't know what to expect anymore. It's hard to keep up with Jiro's push and pull behavior. She knew he cares for her but...ugh...whatever Jiro Montecillo.

***

Dara rested her head on the concrete round table and groaned. Her problem – Jiro. She thought something would at least change between them. SOMETHING! But nada. He still acts like how he used to be. Their situation is frying her brain, to be quite honest.  

"What is wrong with you?" Namee, who was seated in front of her, kicked her foot to get her attention. "Look at you. You're even sucking away my happiness."

"Nameeeee...." She reached for her hand across the round table and pouted at her friend.

"What? I'm not the father of your child, okay?"

"Nameeeee...."

"Seriously, what's wrong with you?"

"NAMEEEE...."

"I will hit you with my bag, I swear."

"I really like Jiro", Dara finally admitted.

"HOE MY GAHD!" Namee shrieked with wide eyes and almost abruptly, the expression on her face became impassive. "Do you really expect that I will be surprised?"

"You don't understand. I really REALLY like him. I didn't realize how much I like him. It took me months-..."

"You mean YEARS", Namee pointed out.

"...to realize my feelings."

"O-kay. Now, what's the problem again?"

"EVERYTHING!" Dara hollered as she sat up straight, making Namee jerk back in surprise. "I thought we had something, but nothing changed between us! He's just doing the things that he used to do. He's still even accommodating Riko. I mean, don't get me wrong, I know he can't possibly shove Riko out of his life and I know she's not doing anything bad but, URGH! I don't know how to explain it. It's just what I'm feeling and I hate myself for it. I shouldn't be expecting too much. What am I going to do?" She was breathing heavily after she blurted out everything without even pausing.

"Dara, Dara, Dara. Loving someone doesn't come with instructions like those printed at the side of cup noodles. Just pour hot water for a happily ever after? No, dumbass", Namee explained. "Anyway, I don't think there's any problem between you and Jiro if he's behaving the way he used to be."

"I guess you're right", Dara sighed and slumped her shoulders.

"Now, about Riko..."

"I know, she's not doing anything wrong."

"No, that's not the point. She still obviously has feelings for Jiro so this is not a matter of whether she's doing something bad or not. If she's hanging around him, make sure that you're also there. Jiro might be indebted to her but you're not."

Dara bit her lips and fidgeted on her seat. Unknown to Namee, she is the one who's indebted to Riko. That night when Jiro got drunk and told her that he used a girl who showed interest in him and asked her to help her dad get employed, it was not hard to piece two and two together. With a bit of searching, she was able to confirm that the company where her dad used to work is owned by Riko's father.

"Why is my girl looking dejected?" Bullet suddenly popped out behind Dara and sat beside her. He then looked at Namee who was puffing her cheeks and scrunching her nose at him. "Don't worry, Namee. You're my girl too", he said, making the girl beam at him. The two continued throwing greasy lines at each other, making Dara squirm. Her breakfast is already crawling up her throat but the two cannot be stopped.

When a familiar figure caught her sight, Dara turned her head and looked at him. Jiro and Picaro were about to walk out of the building when suddenly, Riko came striding towards him. She peeled her gaze off them; the sight of the two making her uncomfortable.

"Have you received the email about the exam results?" She heard Bullet asked. "I passed!"

"What? They're out?" Namee hurriedly pulled out her phone and Dara did the same.

"Oh gosh, thank goodness I passed", Dara exclaimed and gave Bullet a high-five. The two looked at their friend while smiling, expecting Namee to share the good news too.

"Oh no", Namee's mouth gaped while looking at her phone. "OH NO! I failed! My mom is going to flip my ass with a spatula if she finds out!" She gathered her things and stood up. "I'll see you later. I need to ask the professor not to send the email to my parents", she said.

Dara can only follow her with her gaze as her friend swiftly left. But her eyebrows furrowed when she saw a guy smirking while walking towards Namee's direction. She tried to recall when and where she saw that face and that's when it hit her; it's the same guy she saw beating someone up at the narrow alley.

"Bullet, who's that?" Dara asked and pointed at the guy.

Bullet turned his head towards where she's pointing.

"That's Stone, leader of The Claws", he answered, and everything was shot to hell after that. When they heard him say 'Show me your panty, Namee Hooker Cheng' and tried to flip Namee's skirt making their friend scream in fright, the two of them shot to their feet and ran to aid her.

Everything happened so fast. Dara didn't notice that it's not only them who ran rapidly towards Namee. A few steps before she could reach her friend, a strong arm suddenly wrapped around her waist, stopping her. The next thing she knew, Bullet is shielding Namee from Stone, Picaro is grabbing the guy's collar and someone is behind her, preventing her from colliding in the tangle of limbs in front of her.

Dara glanced back and saw Jiro's annoyed face staring down at her. He then loosened his arm on her waist and made her stay behind him.

"Whoah! Simmer down, I was just teasing her", Stone chuckled.

"Cheng is not a hooker, you asshole. And don't you dare pull that stunt on her", Picaro growled.

"I'll not keep quiet either if you do anything funky with my friend, Stone", Bullet warned him.

"Okayyyy", Stone raised his hands up in the air while chuckling. He then pried Picaro's grip from his collar and stepped back. Before he turned around however, he casted his gaze at Ice Lord, a menacing smirk forming at his lips as he began walking away.

***

After the commotion and after making sure Namee is okay, Picaro decided to accompany Namee while Bullet was called by one of his gang mates. Dara was about to go her class but Jiro suddenly blocked her path. "Ramirez, what the hell was that about?" He asked between gritted teeth, his eyes narrowing at her.

"What do you mean?" Dara asked in bewilderment. Jiro was about to answer when he heard Riko calling his name.

"JIRO! Are you okay? I got scared when you and Picaro suddenly ran", Riko hurriedly strode towards them, her face mirroring her worry. "Dara, are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I'll see you later, my next class is about to start", Dara said and scampered away, leaving the two behind.

"Ramirez!"

"Jiro, I-..."

"I'll talk to you later Riko", he said, cutting her off. "RAMIREZ!"

Hmph! Now he's calling her? Is Riko really an EX-girlfriend? Then why is Riko acting like there's still something going on between her and Jiro?

Dara already entered the building and when she glanced back, she saw Jiro rapidly striding towards her direction. Without thinking, she broke into an abrupt run. She was even surprised at herself for running away.

"RAMIREZ!" She heard Jiro yelling angrily. Gahh! Runnn!

Dara stormed away without looking back. She knew Jiro is chasing her so she picked up her speed. She needs to get away! It will be awkward if he catches her in the hallway with the students scattered all over the place. He really looks pissed and he will surely make a huge fuss with what she did. She shouldn't have run away! But it's too late to stop! Argh!

 She was about to dash towards the hallway at the left when a hand gripped her upper arm. Startled, she spun around and was met by Jiro's furious glare.

"Why the hell did you run away from me?!"

Oh no! Dara darted her eyes left and right; the curious stares of the other students making her conscious. She shifted her gaze back to Jiro, bit her lips while frowning in worry, and hung her head low.

Jiro shoved his hands inside his pockets as he stared at her, not uttering another word. She lifted her head and finally met his eyes when the silence stretched between them. He was looking at her with suppressed irritation, making her nervous.

"You don't want to talk to me?" Jiro asked. She wanted to respond and tell her that she's sorry; that she ran away because he looks pissed and honestly, she's a little miffed too because Riko is following him around. Plus, she's annoyed with the way he treats her. Sadly, no words came out of her mouth.

"Fine", he muttered and walked away.

***

Oh noooo. Jiro is mad at me.

Dara sighed as she gathered her things and stuffed them in her bag when they heard the bell, signaling the end of the period. After pondering over things, she realized she was wrong. She shouldn't have expected more from him when he has already done so much. Since they were kids, Jiro's personality has been like that – seemingly cold and uncaring when in fact, he is exerting a lot of effort for her sake. He isn't the type to show his emotions and is more comfortable doing something without anyone's knowledge.

Dara exited the building and was about to go to the next building to see if Jiro is at the Black Dragon's turf when she heard a couple of girls gushing over someone. She turned her heard towards them curiously and her heart raced when she saw Jiro striding towards the line of faucets near the gym.

She immediately walked towards him, fiddling her fingers as she was nearing Jiro. He didn't seem to notice her as he continued washing his face with the water running from the faucet while she stood rigidly, watching him. Dara shuffled her feet restlessly, still contemplating on how to start.

"Quit staring at me", Jiro suddenly said and flicked his fingers towards her, sprinkling water on her face. Dara flinched in surprise and clumsily wiped her face with the back of her hand.

"I thought you don't want to talk", he said, pulling the handkerchief from his back pocket and wiping his face without tearing his gaze off her.

"That...uh..." Dara swallowed hard and lowered her eyes. "I'm sorry", she said and stepped forward, reaching for the hem of Jiro's shirt and fumbling with it. "You look pissed earlier so I ran away", she added quietly as she fiddled with the edge of Jiro's belt, making the guy furrow his eyebrows.

"Ramirez, you're fumbling with my belt", he remarked.

Dara gasped and immediately backed away, covering her mouth with her hands while her eyes widened in shock. "Oh my God, I'm sorry! I didn't realize-...I thought-..."

Jiro watched as the girl's cheeks flushed while she stuttered.

"I hope you don't fumble other guy's shirt and belt", he said, cocking his eyebrows.

"You mean with Bullet? I-..."

"Wait. Do you also do that with Bullet?" Jiro frowned, his voice rising a bit.

"No, no. With Bullet, I don't get nervous and fumble things. Only with you", she answered sheepishly. He didn't utter a word but relief was evident in his face.

Dara inhaled deeply and continued, "I'm really sorry for what I did. I should have talked to you instead of running away. Why were you pissed earlier?"

"I was pissed because you hurled yourself in there, not thinking if you're going to get hurt. I know you were worried for your friend but if you got harmed even if it's just an accident, I don't know what I would have done", Jiro said, his fists balling at his sides.

Dara gnawed her lips and hung her head low. "I'm sorry", she mumbled. She flinched when Jiro raised his left hand, tucking her hair behind her ear and sliding his fingers on her cheek, making her look at him. "I'm glad nothing happened to you", he said softly. "Don't make me worry like that again, Ramirez."

She nodded in response and smiled at him, thankful that they were able to clear things out. Even though Jiro doesn't smile and greet her when they come across each other and even though he isn't the type who will give her flowers and flaunt her to the world, she likes him the way he is. It seems that nothing changed between them, maybe because they don't need any drastic changes. Jiro still protects and cares for her in his own way and she, too, cares for him in her own way.

"Are you dropping by my house after your part-time job?" Dara asked, trying to ignore the butterflies in her stomach as Jiro settled his hand on her hips. Gosh! The guy is making her knees wobble with giddiness and he seemed oblivious about it.

"Yes, but my shift will finish late. Don't wait for me."

"I'll wait for you", Dara said as she reached for his uniform's jacket and began fumbling with the buttons. "I don't have an early class tomorrow. I'll wait for you and we can do things."

"What things?" Jiro asked in a gruff voice, his intense gaze never leaving her face. The girl, however, is still busy fumbling with his buttons.

"I don't know. Watch TV? Watch a movie? Eat a sna-..." Dara paused when she finally dragged her eyes back to him and saw the way he's staring at her. "W-What?"

"You're such a kid", Jiro mumbled. And is that amusement she's hearing?

"You're always saying that", Dara's lips twitched.

"Because you are."

"Why?"

"Nothing", he muttered. Dara felt him squeeze the side of her waist before walking away. She turned her head and watched his retreating back, her heartbeat doubling its pace as his intense gaze and his touch lingered in her mind.

***

Dara fidgeted at the couch restlessly while the sound of the TV drowned on her ears. She was waiting for Jiro but her conversation with Namee is muddling her brain. Asking Namee on what Jiro meant about her being a 'kid' is probably not the brightest idea. After laughing at her face, her friend planted impure thoughts in her mind and even went as far as the dirty details. She's not a moron with the idea of sex and even wrote a smut scene in one of her writing classes; but she felt violated just by listening to her.

She grabbed the remote and surfed through the channels, not really paying attention to what is being shown on TV. Discarding the remote, she stared blankly at the tube while her mind continued to wander. Of course, Jiro is a guy and he has...needs. OH MY GOSH! What the hell is she thinking?!

Dara shook her head and lightly tapped her cheeks, trying to get her head straight. She turned towards the door when she heard the keycode being entered. Her uneasiness rose when Jiro stepped inside and headed directly towards her, slumping on the couch at the spot near her. He squeezed his eyes shut for a while and exhaled audibly before opening them again.

"Tired?" Dara asked and inconspicuously scooted away from him.

"Yeah", he said as he leaned back.

"Do you want to drink anything?" She asked while moving away again.

"No." He frowned when he noticed the growing distance between him and the girl. "Is there something wrong?" He asked.

She was about to reply when her attention was caught by the erotic sound and moans emanating from the TV. She whipped her head towards the tube and her mouth gaped in shock when she saw that a bed scene was being shown. Dara hurriedly grabbed the remote and tried to turn it off but the damn thing won't work! The guy is already humping the girl like a bunny while making scandalous moans and Dara is about ready to die in shame.

When Dara realized that she was holding the DVD remote, she threw it elsewhere and tried to find the TV remote in panic. Where the hell is it?! Jiro, on the other hand, calmly stood up and shut the TV off. When silence finally filled the living room, Dara groaned in embarrassment and buried her face on her palms.

"Ramirez", Jiro sat next to her and placed his hand on her shoulder, making her lift her gaze to look at him. "Talk to me. What's bothering you?" He asked as he lifted Dara's legs and placed them across his lap. He then grabbed her hands and entwined them at the back of his neck before snaking his arms on her waist, pulling her closer. "Mmmhmm? Talk to me", he said.

Unable to meet his gaze, Dara buried her face on his shoulder. "It's embarrassing", she mumbled.

"Try me."

"You'll laugh."

"I won't."

Dara shook her head without lifting her gaze, still unable to tell him what's running in her mind. How can she admit that just thinking that the two of them will do it is making her stomach flip in anxiety? Pathetic as it may sound, she's obviously not ready for that kind of intimacy.

"Dara..." Jiro said while stroking her back gently. "Don't think too much. I'm not going to force you to do something that you're not ready for."

Dara drew back and stared at him, her hands still clasped behind his neck. "I'm sorry", she said meekly, her face drawn with concern. "I'm...not ready yet. I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize", Jiro pressed his lips on her arm without breaking his gaze off her. "You always try to understand and worry for others. But you should be understanding to yourself, too."

Dara smiled at him. "I saw our picture when we were kids. I finally remembered that you were the one who saved me at the lake. You're really my hero", she said teasingly.

"I'm not."

"And I also know why you kept on calling me Ramirez. I told you to call me by my surname, didn't I? I just can't recall why."

"Because there's another girl in your school with the name Dara", he answered. "And you once got mad at me when that girl ran to me when I called your name, thinking that she's the one I'm calling."

Dara chuckled as she finally remembered the incident. "It was really silly of me. But you can call me by my name now, Jiro. I'm not a kid anymore."

"You are."

"I'm not! Anyway, when did you learn I was that same girl?"

"Your dad showed me your childhood picture in his wallet."

"Why didn't you tell it to me?"

Jiro just shrugged his shoulders in response, making her pout. "I should get you drunk again so you'll talk a lot", she said.

"I shouldn't get drunk. I might...do something."

"Like what?"

Jiro did not respond and just continued staring at her, making her uneasy.

"Hmm. I shouldn't get drunk too", she mumbled while pondering.

"Why?"

"Because I might do this", Dara suddenly leaned forward and kissed him on the lips, lingering for a brief moment. "Mmmmwaahh!" She exclaimed playfully and drew back, noticing that Jiro has a serious expression on his face while staring intently at her.

"Oooppsss", she whispered and gave him a cheeky smile as she removed her arms around him.

"Oooppss?" He repeated while cocking his eyebrows at her. Jiro started to lean forward, but Dara reclined back while smiling playfully at him. He stopped and eyed the girl. When he moved again, she did the same thing, reclining back to distance herself from him while stifling her chuckle.

Dara shrieked and giggled when Jiro suddenly pinned her on the couch and started showering her with tiny kisses all over her face. He kissed her on her cheeks, on the tip of her nose, on her forehead, on her lips... When Jiro finally stopped, he stared at her with a gentle gaze and stroked her face with his thumb. Dara wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly, not uttering a word and just relishing their moment together.

***

"I thought it's the end of me! Good thing the professor agreed on rechecking my exam and it turns out that he confused my exam paper with another Cheng!" Namee recounted while gesturing with her hands wildly. "Do you know what will happen if I fail my exam on a major subject? I'll tell you what will happen. My mom is going to whack my ass so hard I'm going to end up in the Ming Dynasty!"

Dara nodded in response but her mind is flying elsewhere. Her lips curved in a smile when she remembered how Jiro and her hugged in the couch. Though he seemed reserved and distant towards her at school, it doesn't bother her anymore. She knew that Jiro pays attention to her despite his cold demeanor.

"Oh mannn. Takizawa is sticking to Jiro again. Look", Namee whispered. Dara followed her gaze and saw the two walking side by side as the other students stare at them. Riko smiled at them and she smiled back, while Jiro has his eyes forward as usual. They were about to walk past them when the guy called her name.

"Ramirez..."

Dara glanced back and saw Jiro approaching her while Riko stood idly, watching them. Namee stayed beside her, a mischievous smile slipping on her face.

"Are you going to the library later?" He asked.

"Yes. Why?

Jiro pulled out something from his backpocket and handed it to her. Frowning in bewilderment, Dara looked at the card that he was giving her and saw that it was her library card. "Oh! Thank you! Where did you find it?"

"You forgot it in your room."

"You forgot it in your room, Dara?!" Namee exclaimed; her voice picking up in volume as if announcing it to the entire school. "Good thing JIRO ENTERED YOUR ROOM AND-...OUCH!" Namee winced in pain when Dara inconspicuously pulled several strands of her long hair. "What?" She scowled while freeing her hair from her friend's grip.

"Namee", Dara hissed.

"What's wrong? The news SHOULD NOT BE SILENCED!" She yelled while turning her head to the students who were eavesdropping at their conversation.

"I'm sorry, she's having one of her crazy episodes again", Dara apologized as Jiro stared blankly at them. "Anyway, I have something to give you", she said and pulled out a picture from her bag. "Here. I had our childhood picture replicated and had another copy made."

"ICE LORD AND DARA'S CHILDHOOD PICTURE, EVERYONE!" Namee announced while staying at a safe distance away from Dara.

Jiro took the photo and pulled out his wallet. When he opened it, Dara saw that he already has their childhood picture in it. Still, he placed it inside.

"INTERSAT, THE PICTURE IS NOW INSIDE HIS WALLET! I REPEAT-..."

"Namee, I swear..." Dara glared at her, shutting her up.

Riko watched the scene silently, her grip on her books tightening as her heart squeezed painfully. When Jiro finished talking to Dara and walked towards her direction, Riko forced a smile on her face, hiding the fact that she's slowly crumbling inside.

***

The InterSAT student frowned as he opened his locker, seeing an X mark painted in black inside his locker's door. He just ignored it and threw his things inside. It's probably a prank. He then slung his bag on his shoulder and walked away, his every step echoing on the empty corridor.

 Writer's Note:

Follow me on twitter @huntress2021 for Daragon-related stuff, KPop and random crazies hahaha!

Credits to xxzha for the chap banner

Cheers!

huntress ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 56.3K 58
They're the kings of the rival school, East Bridge. All powerful. All untouchable. All hot. And unfortunately, as the town policy dictates, I'm their...
59.3K 1.2K 62
"Fine, if you tell me you hate me, I will leave you alone" "I hate you" "Hmm, do you?" "Yeah, I hate you so fucking much Lee Minho that it's sometime...
23.6K 1.4K 23
Who wouldn't want to date a rockstar? Answer: Daria Dee Paek. The day that Daria left her hometown was probably a day that was engineered by Satan be...
151K 4.1K 66
Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with the help of her best friend. Jiyong is a...