Jokes On You

Από Brokeloose

Melanie is dating the star hockey player of her city, Kyson. His love is intense, full of possession and owne... Περισσότερα

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
CHARACTER LIST
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve

Chapter Eleven

10 1 0
Από Brokeloose

The day is winding down to an end, it's nearly five in the afternoon, the lake is starting to get choppy and the air is starting to get cooler."Hey do you guys want to go on the last ride?" my dad says loudly to us as he pulls the sea doo in to dock it. 

The three of us, Jayson, Jenna and I are all sitting on the houseboat dock, a story up from where my dad is. I look at them seeing whether or not they want to go and they both nod eagerly in excitement, even though we had just came back from a little trip on it an hour ago. Jenna gets up first and Jayson and I follow her down to the main dock where my father is. I pick up a life jacket and so does Jenna from a chair seated right on the dock that's collected quite the number of life jackets. 

My dad takes off his and gives it to Jayson, since that one fits him best, although you can tell its a little snug around his chest since he has quite the defined muscular body.

"Melanie if you want to drive it out and switch drivers out there, you should get on first. Then you can teach Jenna how to park it on the way back." My dad signals me to get on, I know it's his precious new toy so I want to make sure nothing happens to it, I know I'm responsible for it if anything does. I jump on to it and steady myself in the front of it and reach my hand out to help Jenna on after me, I know how much Jayson hates being the one in the back so I smirk at him as he just smiles and shakes his head at me. 

I push away from the dock with my foot, turn the key and I hear the engine roar to life, all too quickly for their taste I grab a hold of the gas and press down on it tightly, forcing the speed to pick up quickly. Before we know it was turning left and right jumping over waves, water spraying us everywhere. 

Jenna taps my shoulder and asks me in my ear if she can try driving it. I nod my head and start to slow down. "Okay you go on the left side and I'll go on the right," I say so we don't tip over the sea-doo. 

Quickly, she was able to sit down in the front, she gassed us forward before I had even sat down but Jayson caught onto me before I went flying off "Wow, sorry that went fast," Jenna laughed in front of us. I sat down properly between Jenna and Jayson grabbing the rope on the back of her life jacket. 

I was comfortable on the sea-doo, I didn't need to hold on for dear life because I couldn't go anywhere, Jayson was tucked safely behind me. He on the other handheld around my stomach as we zoomed off further into the lake turning left and right following the waves and jumping off of waves made by other boats as they passed us. His right hand slowly detached from circling me and was now placed on my thigh, making slow circles causing me to have shivers and a stupid smile plastered on my face.

"Can you teach me how to dock it?" Jenna yelled to me as she directions us back to the cottage.

"Ya," I said equally as loud so she could teach me.We were almost back and I started telling her what to do. I told her to aim straight for the doc slowly, reverse it for a second and to turn the handle to the side to parallel park beside the dock, but she turned to slowly and didn't release the gas enough so we were headed straight to the dock fast, by the time she turned the back of the sea doo was going to crash into the dock. 

I jumped off the sea doo between it and the dock and into the lake trying to push the sea doo but it was no use. Jayson reached his foot out to stop us and I was fully submerged under the dock. Jayson pulled the key out from the sea doo and jumped into the lake.

"Melanie! Are you okay?" He said loudly so I could hear him.

"I'm fine, I just wanted to stop it so we didn't damage it," I said and took off my life jacket and pushed it underwater and swam under the sea doo to the other side with my life jacket, which was harder then I expected.

"You could have hurt yourself!" He said to me as soon as I broke the surface of the water.

"Look I'm fine and the sea-doo is fine, so we're all fine," I said smiling as he stared at me with a worried look in his eyes.

"You did say you'd do anything for the people you love so I guess almost drowning by trying to save this boat consists of doing that." He said and sprayed some water on my face with his hand.I swim to the ladder connected to the dock and hoist myself up, I'm cold now and want to wrap a towel around me as soon as possible. I grab one off the hook of the boathouse and wrap it around myself quickly before tossing one to Jenna and Jayson as they step out of the water as well.

"I'm so sorry I didn't know it was not going to stop that wast." Jenna apologists to me worry in her eyes as well.

"It's fine, we're all fine." I smile at her.

"I'm gonna go take a shower and warm up I'm freezing." She declares and walks up the path and back to the main house.I nod and look over at Jayson as he takes the towel and drys his hair with it.

"You sure you're okay?" He says to me as he walks over embracing me with his arms, his hands going up and down my back in efforts to warm me up, he accomplished that pretty quickly.

 "I'm-" I start saying but let out a yelp when his hand brushes my arm. He looks at me in confusion and takes the towel off from around my shoulders and bring it down to my arm, sure enough, its dripping blood, the towel lightly starting to get stained with the red liquid.

"Shoot, okay let's go inside and clean you up a bit, I have some bandages in my bag." He says taking my hand and leading me up to the main house.

"Hey kids, we just started making dinner, are you hungry?" My mom asks as we open the door to the house.

"Ya, we're just going to shower and change quickly," I say and we leave to walk downstairs where all of our rooms are situated. 

Jayson leads me to the bathroom downstairs that isn't connected to any rooms."Okay sit." He says pointing to the counter. I hoist myself up and wait for him to come back. Soon enough Jayson returns with a bag in his hand. He takes out some kind of liquid that I assume is supposed to clean cuts. My cut isn't that deep and doesn't need stitches but it would be best to clean it probably. 

He pours some of the liquid onto a cloth "It may burn a bit but probably not much." He warns as he places the fabric onto my skin and I wince in pain.

"Almost done," He says as he wipes the cut carefully and places a large white bandage on top of it. 

"Wow look at me, I bet I look so badass right now." I joke playfully which earns a smile from Jayson. "Thanks," I say slowly not knowing what to say, he's standing right between the two of my legs and moves a hand up to my face, brushing my frizzy hair behind my ear. 

His lips are parted, his eyes locked on mine as he steps closer to me and I can feel his body against my legs. I place my hand on the back of his head and guide his lips closer to mine. As soon as they brush mine tingles course through my veins, giving me shivers once again. As if he can sense this he smiles against y lips before he kisses me deeply.

I'd risk hurting myself again if it meant another kiss form him.

After a few seconds, I break apart from him. "I'm going to go take a shower to warm up," I say and hop off the counter as he moves away.

"I can warm you up instead," he says to me hugging me from behind and placing a kiss on my neck. I Laugh and swat him away as I enter mine and Jenna's room closing the door behind me.

After dinner is done, my parents and their friends, who came right before we ate, wanted to play a game of poker. I've never played before and neither has Jenna so we watched the first round as Jayson played with the adults, winning the first round.

"Want to try playing this round?" My dad asks Jenna and me and we both nod.

About a dozen games later I finally have a good hand. I have a pair of aces, Jack high, I had a high chance of winning. 

I put all my tokens in the middle of the table "I'm all in." I say eyeing everyone at the table, especially my father and Jayson because they have won each of the last dozen games.

 "Oh risky, I don't know about that," Jayson says to me smirking, he's bluffing, I know it.

"What do you have?" my dad asks from across the table."Pair of aces Jack high," I say smirking 

He huffs throwing his cards in the middle "I'm out," He says and I look at Jayson.

"Pair of aces queens high." He says and I look at the cards he just places on the table my mouth dropping.

"What? no." I say laughing "I want a redo." I declare.

"I think it's time for bed." Jayson laughs and stands up from the table.

"Ya, that's a good idea, its passed midnight already," My mom replies as everyone stands from the table. 

We say our goodnights and head downstairs, I brush my teeth and head out of the bathroom as Jenna walks in. I Hear a ping from across the room as my phone lights up.

**Jayson: Come sleep in my bed :)**

That's all it says and within seconds I'm crossing the hall, lifting up the blankets to his bed as I slide in beside him and he wraps his arms around me as if I'll disappear if he lets go.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

836K 23.9K 51
Lydia: Wesley freaking Porter is the last man I want to be stuck with for two months. He's arrogant and selfish. I learned that when he humiliated my...
On The Ice Από Tyrone

Ρομαντική

5.3K 137 20
"I bet you can't make Jase Anderson fall in love with you." Alessandra Russo is the only girl on her hockey team, with her worst enemy on and off the...
3.1K 57 11
𝐍𝐎𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 a girl who was forced to move out of her college and transfer to the same one as her brother 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 the popu...
123K 3.2K 40
Brady Parker. The best hockey player Holloway University had seen in years. He was essentially guaranteed a position on any professional team he want...