Dare Me To Jump Off Of This J...

By EhhMaa

"Look Back at The Life That You've Chosen. Paths that you've walked down,Hearts that you've broken.Tell me it... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 11

615 39 18
By EhhMaa

I pulled into the garage after retrieving the key from under the mat. It was already pretty late so I just locked up my bike and walked through the door to the kitchen. The house was dark and I made my way upstairs collapsing onto my bed and Instantly falling asleep. Thoughts of Mike in my head, but that night My dreams weren't peaceful, They were nightmares.

The next morning I had set my alarm for 5am, I slowly dragged my self out of bed and looked around my room. It was a total mess. My bed looked like a tornado had hit, but I didn't dwell on that because it just made me think of the nightmares I had last night and that made me Jumpy.

The sun was still down and a soft blue shadow was cast throughout our house. I took a shower and when I was dressed I checked on my Mom and Jess, Luckily they were still asleep.

Once back in my room I pulled out The yellow envelope from under my bed. Pulling out the money I grabbed my back pack and tossed it in, then I headed down stairs and into the Kitchen to grab our mail Basket. A huge stack of letters was held together with a yellow rubber band, each envelope was covered in Large Red Letters Reading "PAST DUE" I grabbed all of them and threw them into my Bag as well.

My watch said it was already 6am so I Grabbed my moms car keys, deciding to leave my Motorcycle for the day and I headed outside. The first thing on my list was to pay our rent, and since Mrs. Lidia Only lived down the street I walked over to her house. Home made tortillas and Beans filled my nose as I approached the gate , meaning Mrs. Lidia was already Up. I shook the fence a little to signal my presence as I called out her name.

From inside the house came a few muffled yells in Spanish and soon Mrs. Lidia's Daughter, Caroline, was rushing out of the door. Her cheeks Flushed from the sudden change in temperature and she began pulling on her hair in attempt to fix the tiny curls and knots. Caroline was only about 16 or 17 and it was rumored in the neighborhood that she fell in love very easily, yet I was hardly ever home so I didnt pay mind to her.

"Sorry I look so horrible Tony, We weren't Expecting Company." She explained to me as she unhinged the latch on the gate and Let me in.

"Im sorry to stop by so early, I just need to talk to your mom." I replied following her up the steps of the porch and she led me inside.

"Mama its Tony from down The street" Caroline yelled still pulling on her short curly hair.

"In the kitchen Tony." Mrs. Lidia Replied and I walked in alone as Caroline rushed upstairs.

"Tony its been so Long." Mrs. Lidia called from the table where she was rolling dough for her tortillas. Mrs. Lidia was an Older Lady maybe in her forties or fifties, Her gray and Black hair pulled into a tight bun on the top of her head and an apron wrapped around her plump waist. She smelled of old perfume and Laundry soap. She was a sweet old lady, but she was a gossiper, and thats why I was glad to only speak to her every six months to pay the rent or on the occasional times I would Run into her at the grocery shop or around the neighborhood.

"It sure has been." I replied taking a seat across from her. " But I came to pay My rent." I finished.

"I would hope so, You and Your Mama are already late." She replied brushing her hands on her apron and pushing her food aside.

I only nodded and Began pulling out the money from my envelope under the table. I didnt want anyone to know how much I had so Once I had counted out Five thousand I put the rest away and zipped up my bag, Handing the money over to her.

"Its Five thousand, $4800 for the rent, and two hundred for being late." I explained as she was counting it.

"You and Your mama are always struggling with money yet You're the only person who pays six months in advance, I wonder why that is?" She asked laughing a bit.

" I like the security that My mom and Sister have a sure place for a while." I replied shrugging.

"What kind of a job would a boy like you have that only pays every six months?" She asked raising her brow and pocketing the money I had just given her.

"Not to be rude ma'am but I dont think it matters. As Long as I pay My Rent, I shouldn't have to explain My Money situations." I replied blankly as she only looked on at me .

"You're not some kind of a Drug Dealer are you? Because I don't need the trouble in this neighborhood" Mrs. Lidia spoke shaking an accusing finger at me.

" Far from it ma'am " I replied " I wouldn't be stupid enough to drag my momma and Jess through that Crap" I finished cringing at my words, because even if I wasn't a Drug dealer, I was something much worse.

We sat in silence for a while before Mrs. Lidia stood up and smiled at me.

"You know how us old ladies are Tony, Now are you staying for Breakfast?" She asked heading to the stove.

"Actually I have a few more places to be" I replied glancing at my watch and standing up. " But thank you Mrs. Lidia."

"Anytime Tony, We're Making Enchiladas for Dinner and My Guests Cancelled, so Caroline will be by later to give you and your mama a Plate" She replied.

"Oh You don't have to ma'am" I declined.

"Well Im going to anyways, so Tell your mama Not to cook tonight, Or I could Just call her right now myself" She said.

"No, Ill tell her. Thank you Mrs. Lidia" I called heading out of the Kitchen and to the front door. I took the short walk across the quiet road and into my moms car before heading out and down town to pay our over due bills.

I ended up Picking up Jaime when I left Mrs. Lidias House this morning, And payed the bills, so he could help me shop for groceries and pick out a dining set for my mom. Lastly we headed to a small shop down town and picked up some sandwiches for Lunch and headed back to the house.

By the time I pulled into the driveway It was around noon. We got out of the car and grabbed the groceries and the sandwiches.

"Dude what about the Dining set?" Jaime asked.

"We'll get it later, My mom probably hasn't eaten, I should have came back with the sandwhiches earlier." I replied.

Jaime nodded sending me a small apologetic face.

"Don't give me that sympathetical bull crap Jaime, I really don't need It" I shot at him.

"Woah Mr. Krabby pants, calm down" he replied.

"Lets just get these groceries inside" I replied smiling at his stupid choice of words.

"You know, I haven't seen your mom for almost a year ?" He said as we headed to the front door.

"I know, She's probably going to hug you to death" I chuckled opening the door and heading inside to the kitchen and leaving the groceries on the table.

"Mom, Im home" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs as Jaime put his groceries down on the table.

When she didn't answer I walked up the stair and to her room. I opened the door and I saw my mom sitting on by he edge of her bed,  her hands covering her face.

She looked up as I walked in but she said Nothing,  she let out a soft sigh and  a tear rolled down her face. I frowned before I walked over to the bed and sat next to her.

"Mom whats wrong?" I asked " What happened?"

"Its okay, Tony, I'm  fine" she replied.

"Then why are you crying?"

Again she sighed and looked down to the floor, her tired eyes letting out small tears and her body slumping.  I urged her to speak and soon she did.

"Tony, Theres Nothing in the fridge. Jess has been crying almost all morning and I have nothing to give her. What kind of a mother am I if I can't even feed my children." She said with tired eyes looking directly at me.

"Mama, Its not your fault, Its mine" I said  wiping her tears. "I'm sorry I put you and Jess through this but I promise, things are going to Change" I replied.

Her tears slowly faded but she still shook, I quietly stood up and I waited for her to say something but she didn't, instead she shook her head.

"Just go get Jess and meet me Dow stairs, I have a surprise " I said.

"Tony I'm Not in the mood for surprises" she whined.

"Please Ma, just Come downstairs " I said before leaving the room.

"Tony, Jaime. " was all she could say when she saw us standing next to the table full of groceries.

"I told you, things are going to change" I said smiling.

"Mijoh how did you afford all this?" she asked clutching her chest and smiling.

"I got paid mama and Jaime Helped me bring it in." I replied.

"Jaime!" My mom replied reaching out for a hug. "It's been so long? How are you? " she asked.

"I've been doing alright" He replied laughing.

"Well come on lets sit" she replied pulling him to the couch.

"Of course we can catch up Mrs. Perry but I think we should eat first, I'm starving." Jaime replied.

"Oh yeah Mom we bought sandwiches" I said setting Jess down at the table and Taking out two sandwhices from a bag. I handed one to my mom and another to Jaime and I left back to the kitchen to Make scrambled eggs for Jess.

Once Jess had been fed and Layed down for a nap, I Quickly ate half my sand which and Joined my Mom and Jaime in the living room. They were talking about Jaime's parents when I walked in. I pulled out my phone and saw that I had a new text from An unknown number asking if I was busy. The text was from an hour ago so I replied asking who it was and set my phone down on the couch.

"And No babies yet Jaime?" My mom asked when I tuned into the conversation.

Jaime let out a nervous laugh before he replied.

"Not yet, I think im too busy for kids right now. But Im sure Ill have some in the future." He said.

"Do you have a special lady In your life?" My mom asked and Jaime turned Red.

Before I could stop myself , I let out a Laugh and Jaime Glared at me, My mom didn't know Jaime was Gay, and im sure she would accept it but she wouldn't accept Vic. She hates Mike and Vic.

Me and Jaime both know it.

"Well I do, But im not sure they would want kids." he replied.

"Whats the her name?"  My mom asked.

"Victoria" I interjected, earning another glare from Jaime as I snickered to myself.

"Tony stop being so Giggly and let Jaime speak." My mom scolded me and I only laughed harder.

"Its okay ma'am, Has Tony told you about his girlfriend yet?" Jaime asked sending a smirk my way.

"What girlfriend?" I asked straightening up.

"That girl Michelle, that you've been crushing on for like forever" He replied laughing and my mom looked at me expectantly.

"Momma he's lying I don't know what he's talking about" I said quickly defending myself.

"Tony your such a bad liar. Now Jaime tell me about this Victoria Girl." My mom said.

"Well she uhh she's very pretty, She has wavy brown hair and eyes to match and a smile that lights up a room. I feel like she's the person I've been missing my whole life, the one who was made for me. I don't know where I would be without him." Jaime finished and My throat ran Dry and a small laugh escaped when i realized Jaime had described Vic and even said 'Him'.

"Him?" My mom asked.

"Oh I uh Meant her. Sorry.' He said rubbing his hands together.

"But I should probably head out, its getting late" He said standing up.

"Ofcourse honey, Be safe and come visit me more often" my mom said standing up to hug Jaime.

"Im going to put the groceries away and see what we can make for dinner." My mom said to me.

"Okay, oh and you dont have to make dinner, Mrs. Lidia is sending over a plate." I replied.

"Mrs Lidia! Oh my Goodness Tony! I forgot about the Rent!" My mom said.

"Already took care of it mama" I replied.

"How much did they pay you Tony?" My mom asked.

"Enough mom. Look don't worry about it okay?" and even though I could see she didn't believe me, she nodded and headed to the kitchen, saying her last goodbyes to Jaime as we walked out. Once we were in the car My phone went off again and when I pulled it out, it was a message from the unknown number again.

Unknown; Its David, form the Record shop. I wanted to see if we could hang out tonight?

Tony;Oh hey, Im gonna save your number right now, and sorry dude I can't I have to stay home tonight, Maybe sometime this week?

David;I work all week :( but maybe next Friday?

Tony; Alright sounds Good, I have to take my friend home, Talk to you later.

David; Okay Text me when you get home.

I turned off my phone and started the car as Jaime rambled on and on about how messed up I was for embarrassing him and that's how the entire car Ride went until we reached His and Vics house.

"Oh dude before I go, we have the week off, Next meeting is next Saturday. From there we'll discuss this Job that we had cancelled and see what we do, cool?" Jaime asked.

"Yeah sounds good, Let me know if anything happens. Hows Mike by the way?" I replied.

"He's good. Alysha came back around 2am last night and Mike told us to let her in because he had called her over. She was supposed to pick her stuff up but they ended up making up and she stayed the night. She's leaving on sunday because her Grandma is going out of town and can't watch her daughter." He said.

"Alysha has a daughter?" I asked.

" Yeah Mike told Vic yesterday and well You know Vic tells me everything" He said shrugging.

"Well good for them" I said bitterly and Jaime didn't catch my sudden anger or jealousy.

"Wanna come in for a little? We're gonna relax and drink a beer?" he said opening the car door.

"Nah dude, Alysha might slap me again" I replied laughing.

"Dude forget her, just come in. They're proably having sex or something and are gonna be in Mikes room until she leaves Sunday" he said.

 I frowned at the thought of them together and quietly declined.

"I gotta show my mom the dining set we bought, Maybe some other time" I said.

"Alright dude, be careful" Jaime said shutting the door and I pulled away.

I slowly made my way Home and when I entered the driveway My phone beeped signaling a message.

Mike; Hey Tony, Just wanna say I miss you! we should hang out tonight? (;

I read the message over and Over again and again, My anger building up and I finally decided on a Good reply.

Tony; Sorry dude, Got a hot date tonight.

I smiled to myself as I got out of the car and slipped my phone into my pocket, It beeped a few times but I ignored it as I pulled out my backpack and the dining set and headed inside. the only thing i could think of was how much a douche Mike was , but also that I would Give anything to Be with him tonight. I wanna contribute to chaos. I don’t wanna watch and then complain, 'Cause I am through finding blame That is the decision that I have made.There are lessons to be learned, consequences for all the stupid things I say, but I am an idiot who never learns.

"Mom come down stairs and see what me And Jaime Bought you."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 6.1K 19
״I like metal music,I'm also a fan of dub step" "Why?" "Cause they feel the best,are they really that good?" "Only metal." He smiled,his blue orbs...
92.1K 5.2K 27
[TRIGGER WARNING] Involves scenes of domestic abuse and panic attacks. Kellin Quinn is happy being alone at school, but he dreads whats waiting for...
90.5K 1.8K 26
-Jayne Perry has a troubling past, and a troubled mind because of it. He brother Tony Perry agrees to let her tag along for Warped Tour 2013, in an a...
15.4K 1K 38
I fucking disclaim everyone!None of these people are mine! This is a Kellic. Mike has hated Vic ever since he was born. When Vic first held him Mike...