That One Crazy Summer-Reader...

By lillyannnnnnee

COMPLETE Ranked #58 comedy-romance as of 4/15/2020 I HIT 2K!!!!! You guys are making my life over here. All... More

Next Stop, Coffee Castle
He's No Johnny Cash
The Sublime Galaxy King of the Fifth Order (Or Whatever He Said)
The Warrior of the Woods
That's Borderline Illegal
"Rooms To Go" is the Next Town Over
Apollo 13 Was a Good Movie, Right?
Alexa: Order More Chocolate
The Salesman Quit That Day
Certified Pre-Owned UFOs
Real Love is Letting Her Go
The Girl of His Dream(s)
The Boy of Your Dream(s)
The Chapter Where You Find Out You're a Badass
This Is What Happens When You Shower Together
Don't Talk About Your Exes
Guess Who's Back, Back Again
The Villians Tell You Their Plans
Uh Oh, He's Charming
First Sex, Then War
Nothing Says Love Like Murder
That's Going To Be An Awkward Thanksgiving
Tell Him, Boy, Bye
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
One Leggy Boi
Hux is Back, Tell a Friend
Your Sub-conscience Wrote This Chapter
Does Anyone Have Tissues?
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Earth Again?
Takodana It Is! Also, This is the End of the Story.

Now What?

152 6 2
By lillyannnnnnee

You finally wake up, and you're in your room on base, laying on your little bed. You feel like a train hit you, and you have no idea how you got here. The last thing you remember is Kylo telling you he loved you.

He loves you. No lies, no manipulation. Just love.

You smile at the memory, and you hear shuffling beside of you. You turn and see Kylo sitting up from the floor so he's closer to you.

"Y/N, how do you feel?" He asks with such a caring tone that you could cry.

"Pretty awful," you say with a laugh. Kylo smiles back at you and kisses your forehead.

"That sounds about right." He strokes your hair lovingly with his gloved hand.

You look around. You're the only two in the room.

"How are you here and not in chains right now?"

He sighs and takes your hand in his, playing with your fingers absentmindedly. "I've never seen it before, but the Force only let one person near you after you collapsed, which was me. Poe and the general and John—they all tried to take you from me. Your body was emitting some kind of force field or something. Everyone was shoved back, except me. So they let me come in here with you."

Your eyes widen at this weird development.

"I'm pretty sure there are about fifty soldiers sitting right outside waiting for me," Kylo laughs softly as he kisses your fingertips.

Well, that's something new. "I forced people back? With my mind?"

"With your unconscious mind." Kylo smiles and looks away, deep in thought. "I've never seen anything like it."

"It's the dyad..." you whisper to yourself. Kylo looks at you curiously but doesn't speak. You meet his eyes.

"You're the only one who can be near me because you're my bond mate, like a type of protection."

"Like you only trust me?"

"Yes!" You say excitedly. "You're the only one who can get through the Force thing I did."

The two of you smile at each other. Warmth wraps around both of you as the information sinks in.

You're silent for a moment. You think of your father.

"Is my dad okay?" You ask, suddenly panicked.

Kylo shushes you, sweetly. "Yes, John's fine." You see sadness fill his eyes again. "I'm so sorry for threatening him."

You look at him cautiously.

He continues. "I got to him just before the shapeshifters killed him. I fought them off so we could get to my ship. I put the restraints on him as a precaution." He looks away sheepishly. "We're not necessarily friends."

You snort. "So you went to the First Order?"

Kylo nods. "Mmhmm. I was looking for you, but I found John instead. I'm glad."

You let out a long sigh. You lean over and kiss his lips gently. He returns the kiss delicately, as if you might break from the pressure.

"So the resistance is waiting for me to wake up so they can arrest you?"

Kylo nods solemnly.

"...and you stayed with me even though you know they are going to arrest you?"

He nods again, this time smiling.

You shake your head and give him a look. "You're crazy."

"Not as crazy as you," he retorts. "You almost took me out back there."

You giggle. "You made me really mad."

He sighs and holds his hand to your cheek. Suddenly, he is very serious.

"Y/N, I am so sorry for all of this. If it wasn't for me sending people to look for that stupid map, none of this would have happened in the first place." He looks away shyly. "And I'm sorry I lied to you from the beginning."

You feel a tear roll down your face. "I know."

He wipes your tear away with his gloved thumb. You take in a breath to speak.

"But I never would have met you. We never would have found each other."

You reach over and pull his face to yours so you can kiss him. This kiss is deeper, more sensual. You can't believe you went a whole day and night without him.

He pulls away suddenly. "And you're right about the slaves."

You raise your eyebrows. He looks at you with enormous guilt.

"Everything about that was wrong. I was in such a dark place that I didn't care about anyone but myself. I am outlawing slavery the minute I get back to the First Order."

You smile widely and kiss him again.

You start to sit up on the bed but fall right back over. Kylo puts his hands on your shoulders and forces you down so you can rest. He starts to pull away but you hold on to his shirt. He has that sexy half-smile as he realizes what you want and lets his body lay next to you, almost on top of you because of the size of the bed. He wraps his muscular frame around you, caging you in.

You need to talk about Poe. You know you have to. Just rip the bandaid off.

"I'm sorry..."

"For what?" He looks at you, thoroughly confused.

"...for Poe."

Kylo stares at you for a long moment. You're afraid he's going to storm off and leave you there. You're positive your heart can't take anymore ups and downs from him.

"I'm not happy about it," he speaks slowly. "But...I did lie to you, and you did think I was trying to make you my sex slave..."

You nod and let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. His voice has a thin veil of humor covering his pain, and it makes you hurt.

"I thought you were gone forever. When Hux said those things to me and Jaygrin and Grenjin..."

"I know." He interrupts you. He bites the inside of his mouth while he looks at you. "I know."

There's a long pause before you speak again.

"So...what now? I don't want the resistance to arrest you. And those lizard freaks are on their way here."

Kylo furrows his brow while he thinks. "I don't think I can get out of being arrested. I knew what coming here would mean. But you're in no condition to fight right now."

He moves away from you and gets up to pace the room. He rubs his chin with a gloved hand.

"You need to see your father," he says with confidence. "Let them arrest me. We can figure it out later. It would be wrong of me to take you away from John right now. Plus, I know where you can hide when they attack so you're safe."

Your eyes widen. "But what about you? You'll be down in a cell when they attack."

Kylo smirks. "I'm Supreme Leader of the First Order. I'll be fine."

You roll your eyes and laugh. It's strained, but it's a laugh nonetheless.

"What about the First Order?"

"I have to get back there the minute this battle is over and retake my position. Jaygrin and Grenjin will have to die and so will their supporters. I'll let you deal with Hux."

He shoots you a devious smile and you shake your head.

"I'm not saying no to it." You raise an eyebrow.

He laughs.

"Well...let's get this over with," you mumble as you finally sit up. You can feel everyone outside your door waiting anxiously. "I'll walk out first."

Before you can stand, Kylo takes two giant strides over to you and grabs your face with his hands. He kisses you passionately, deeply, as if you're an elixir he's needed desperately for years. You hold him around his neck and run your fingers through his dark, silky hair. You both finally pull away, and he helps you stand.

"We'll figure this out," he whispers.

You nod and place your hand on the doorknob and start to open the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

927 5 16
Hey! These will be a collection of one-shots featuring our beloved dark side guy, Kylo Ren. Some works will be fluff, smut, some may have a sequel or...
It is You By Soph

Fanfiction

417K 10.7K 44
When a newly trained Jedi, Rey, goes on a mission to bring back Ben Solo her mission is turned around as Kylo Ren's mission to bring her to the Dark...
63.7K 1K 21
"You won't escape this time, not after my Knights are through with the old man, and you...are begging for mercy at the hands of my lightsaber." Rey i...
33.7K 806 24
A mission gone terribly wrong leaves you mouthing off to Commander Ren. A hangar hijacked leaves you demoted to sanitation crew. A bad joke leaves yo...