~Breathe~ Kimetsu no Yaiba x...

Von Unknowntypewritter

Breathe y/n.... breathe.... It's not worth it. He's not food. Their not food. Just-... breathe. I can make it... Mehr

Prologue
➰Kadzuki➰
〽️Natagumo〽️
🐷Pig Boy🐷
⭕️Hinoe⭕️
Kentaro
@Pillars@
❌Trial❌
❌Trial Pt. 2❌
🐛Butterfly Estate🐛
✌Truce✌
💧I Miss You💧
🔥Fire🔥
💗Heart To Heart💗
👊B*tch👊
🍒Mari🍒
➕Leaving➕
🚂Choo Choo Gang🚂
??pArDoN??
💤Formal Beast💤
Q&A
Demon Train
▲Stains▲
✹Anger✹
《The Flame Pillar》
☀A Sad Ending?☀
❀Better Brother❀
✰Common Enemies✰
⤪Pervert⤨
⊶家族⊷
⊰Secrets⊱
⑄Lantern Nights⑄
〨Abandoned Court〨
≜The Beginning≜
☋ONI☋
⎚Mirrors⎚
↼Playtime⇀
⤝Courage⤞
⇃My story⇂
❃Ahmya❃
♜Sashes & Flesh♜
⭅Way of the Demon⭆
╠Our First Encounter╣
↫Calm After the Storm↬
100k Event! Closed!
I am truly sorry

⬶A Helping Hand⤅

4K 188 218
Von Unknowntypewritter

It's been a few days since the weird occurrence with the whispering. It's been relatively quiet since then. Nothing major happened. Just Kadzuki and the boys recovering.

Kyojuro still hasn't woken up, but Shinobu said the longer he sleeps the better. So I don't bother worrying about it.

Tanjiro came back from the Rengoku house, he went to look for the history on fire breathing Kyojuro told him about. He didn't say much other than he didn't have them, but he did brighten up slightly when I told him the good news. But not as much if I told him Kyojuro was awake.

Sanemi wasn't here today. I don't know why I expected him to be. Since it's only been a few days since he was last here. Same with Giyuu, I still really haven't got to know him which is disappointing, but I can say he is a good guy. The complete polar opposite of Sanemi.

Shinobu wasn't here either... so it was a rather quiet day. Nothing could be heard other than some murmur among the different nurses and patients and the rain pouring down from the cloudy sky outside.

I gently open one of the sliding doors leading outside, sliding it halfway open to take a peek outside... watching the rain gently pour down, forming a slight drizzle of water to engulf the entire garden of the estate.

I remember when the twins would dance and run around the rain. Begging for the rest of us to join them... Sometimes Daiki would join them but would regret as soon as he did. They would through mud balls at him, then scream saying he looked like a demon with the mud pouring down his face covering his eyes and mouth.

He would get so mad at them... I laughed to myself as I remembered the joyful memory.

When he would run into the house to try and clean himself up, he would get mud everywhere. Mother would get angry at him for getting the house dirty and kick him outside to wash off in the rain instead.

Those... were the nice times.

I shut the door while a frown formed onto my face. The memories hanging heavy on my shoulders. I had to fight back tears wanting to break free. I sighed and shuffled away from the door. Heading in further into the estate to see if anyone was awake I could talk to.

Giving up on watching the rain seeing as it began to get dark and I couldn't see anything.

I shuffled into the large shared room of the infirmary. The room had a warm atmosphere from the many lit candles littering the large room. An orange glow filling the room.

I scanned the room looking for anyone I knew. My gaze landed on the prized trio of boys sitting on their beds. Zenitsu and Tanjiro sitting one bed while Inosuke at on the other bed in front of them. They were bickering like they normally do, to no surprise, while chowing down on some food the nurses have given them.

I felt my lonely demeanor change slightly as I approached them. Crawling up behind Inosuke to sit next time him and face the other two. They stopped their arguing to notice me.

"Y/n!" Zenitsu beamed at me as did Tanjiro.

"Hey! What you doing on my bed!" Inosuke fumed at me instead of a greeting. His boar masked was off because he was eating at the time. So I was able to get a full view of his facial expressions.

"Well I wasn't going to sit on the floor now was I?" I giggled scooting closer to which he obviously looked confused while his mouth was still full of food.

"Go sit on that bed! You're small enough! You can fit!" He shouted, pointing at the other bed after he swallowed his food before shoveling in some more.

"Awww, you don't want to sit with me? I thought we were friends..." I pouted playfully. Knowing well he would have an overzealous reaction. Maybe his overreacting would lift the group's spirits.

"That pig-head doesn't deserve your kindness, Y/n!" Zenitsu cried. Shouting at Inosuke as he did so. To which Inosuke replied doing the same. Shouting at him.

The whole atmosphere felt like it lifted, the heavy feeling of the day suddenly vanished with our laughter and banter. "Zenistu, I haven't had the chance to talk to you in a while! How are you holding up after the train incident?"

I finally cut off the argument that continued to grow between Inosuke and Zenitsu. Finding this as my opportunity to catch up with the boys.

"I've been doing fine! Your so sweet for asking!" He giggled. The weird giggling I've learned to deal with. Finding it not as weird as it was the first time. "How about you? Is Kadzuki recovering fine?" He asked politely.

"She's doing well. Just going through physical therapy right now and I didn't have anything to recover from, so I guess I'm doing okay! Tanjiro! How are you holding up? You left as soon as you woke up after the fight?"

Tanjiro perked up at the sound of his name. He smiled while scratching the back of his head bashfully. "Haha, I guess that wasn't a good decision, was it?" He laughed gently, bringing down his hand from the back of his neck. "Surprisingly I didn't have many injuries! Only a little sore."

"Oh wow! It's only been a few days and you guys are already almost in tip-top shape. You guys have improved so much! I remember when we first got back from Mount. Natagumo, we were here for weeks!" I beamed. I was honestly impressed, but not really surprised.

"Here! I haven't seen you eat!" Tanjiro said holding out what looked like a fried shrimp. I shook my head and smiled.

"If you're going to share food, give it to someone who needs it. I don't need to eat anymore." Tanjiro wasn't giving up though. He continued smiling while holding out the shrimp.

"Even so, it might be nice to have something to eat after so long!"

"Tanjiro no."

"Tanjiro yes."

I sighed at his antics and grabbed the chopsticks holding the shrimp and carefully placed it in my mouth. My free hand hovering under my chin to catch any loose crumbs.

I hummed a sound of pleasure, tasting food, good food, for the first time in forever really did feel nice. The soft but firm crunch of the shrimp and the hard crust on the outside. Then the tasteful flavors that filled my dry tasteless mouth were almost addicting.

"Hmm... It's so good!" I cheered. Feeling the warmth from the shrimp spread through my stomach. Heating up my cold body.

Before I knew it a nurse came hurrying over to hand me a small box of food. A bento box. "A-ah! But I don't need this-!" The small nurse cut me off.

"I don't want to hear it y/n! Whether you need it or not, it will help you relax which is all you need right now!" The small nurse known as Aoi turned on her heel and hurried off to tend to other people in the infirmary.

I huffed out an irritated breath and looked down at the steaming food sitting in my hands. Thinking what a waste. I picked up the dark brown chopsticks and pulled them apart before picking up the contents. (It can be whatever you want) I hummed once again feeling the taste fill my mouth and the heat returning and increasing.

"See? Y/n, I told you it would be nice!" I could hear Tanjiro nagging cheerfully. I pouted and rolled my eyes. Chowing down on my small box of food.

Every now and then I would catch Inosuke snatching shrimps out of my box. Known as tempura. I didn't bother doing anything about it and let him slide. Letting him think he was slick even though he was anything but so.

We continued to have a light and airy conversation, talking as friends do. Talking about a multitude of things and events and plans. In the middle of us talking I felt one of the small little girls that lived in the estate and helped the nurses out, pull on my sleeve. She had two little twin braids.

She softly spoke to me, obviously shy. "Rengoku-san wants to see you..." She mumbled softly and gently.

"Oh, Kadi is done? Alright, thank you! I'll find her now-"

"No, Kyojuro-san." She mumbled again. Looking up at me through her eyelashes while fiddling with her hands. All of us stopped our talking and stared at her in shock as I wasted no time to get up and dash out of the room. Hearing the boys bombarding the poor girl with questions.

I realized my mistake of running off without her leading me when the door I opened lead outside.

Oh hey! The rain stopped and it's dark out!

Y/n! Stay focused!

I shut the door and nervously looked down the hallway, knowing Kyojruo was down this hall because this is where I heard all the nurses shouting and panicking that morning we arrived here.

I slowed down my panicking mind and thought for a moment. Halting my quick-paced movements and carefully walked down the hall, trying to piece together my memories from days ago to figure out which room he was in.

I tried my luck with the nearest door. Remembering hearing nurses run outside every so often. Carefully opening the door and peeking in, hoping to whatever god was listening that this wasn't someone else's room.

Once opening the door slightly and peeking in I saw the crazy head of yellow and red hair, no longer pulled back and instead hung loosely, some parts covered in bandages, sitting up in the bed. Looking out the window, looking at some of the wildlife, illuminated by some lit lanterns outside.

I could visibly see white bandages covering his arm and parts of his chest. Perfectly white, freshly changed. "Kyojuro..." I called out softly. To which he responded with turning his head to look at me. Letting me finally see his face after the incident.

He had an eye patch on his left eye. A large cloth folded many times to create a square to cover his eye, and patched it on there with some medical tape. Another square shape was on his face but it was a bandage on his right cheek. He had a soft smile on his face, his eyes looked tired and weren't as bright as they would normally be.

"Y/n! You look as beautiful as you did when I last saw you!" He beamed. My face erupted in flames that matched the red streaks in his hair.

"I'm sure that's not why you called me in here!" I huffed out. Trying to calm down my beating heart.

"Why of course it is! I wanted to talk to you!" He said not cheerfully enough. Not enough to be himself. His voice was a little too quiet. Instead of a boom in his voice, there was a dull hum. It hurt to listen to him.

"Kyojuro... are you okay?" I whispered out. It was almost inaudible. He looked at me with wide eyes. His brows raised high in surprise. His smile fell into a slight frown.

We sat there in silence for a few what felt like an eternity. Long ago I had pulled up a chair and sat next to his bed. Looking up at him, waiting for his response. A smile crawled back onto his face. Because he can never go anywhere without one. It was a very sad smile though. It didn't hold then sun like normal.

"I won't be able to continue being a pillar... or apart of the demon slayer corps..." He sighed, staring at my hands bundled on the bed. "... Even though nothing was seriously damaged... my lungs were damaged enough that if I ever tried to use the breath of flame... they would fall in on themselves..." He mumbled.

Before I could even get a word out to comment. Feeling extremely sorrowful, knowing well from only a few hours I knew him on the train, he severely enjoyed using sword breathing techniques. Seeing he was so enthusiastic about training Tanjiro and the boys.

He folded back the covers on the bed and began to make his way to his feet. Startling me I jumped up from my chair. I placed my hands on his shoulders to try and get him to lay back down. "H-hey! You shouldn't be trying to move! You only just woke up you need to rest!" I panicked scolded.

He raised his hand to gently grabbed my hand on his left shoulder. Squeezing it softly while using his only eye left to look up at me through his thick eyelashes. "Please y/n... Just help me get outside... I need some fresh air..." His sad smile was barely visible.

I couldn't say no to that face, that face that had been bedridden for almost a week now. I begrudgingly let him drape his arm over my shoulders and let all his body weight lean on me as I helped prop him up on his feet.

Luckily a door leading outside was only out the room and a couple of steps to the left. But with someone who needs heavy recovering and hasn't walked in 3 or 4 days, this is going to be one difficult feat.

Once we got out the door he was already starting to shake and I could see sweat starting form on his temple. He was obviously in distress.

As we got closer to the door he noticeably starts struggling more. Breathing heavily and wobbling. Soon I wasn't able to hold both of us up and lost my balance slightly. He used his arm that wasn't draped across my shoulder to hold himself against the wall.

His teeth were gritted and he was covered in sweat. A shadow fell over his face as he was facing slightly away from me and towards the wall instead.

It broke my heart... seeing him like this...

"... K-... K-Kyojuro I really think you need to rest..." I shakingly said, leaning in closer to try and get a better look at his face. Concerned by his lack of reply.

I could see small droplets under his eyes glisten in the lantern lights in the hall. His smile was completely gone. No hint of it remained. "K.... Kyo-..." He began moving again. Still refusing to look at me. Making me nervous and guilty.

After a few quick steps, we made it the sliding door leading outside, walking out on to the engawa.

The air outside was moist and warm from the fresh rain just a few moments ago. He took his arm off my shoulders and grabbed onto one of the nearby support beams to help him sit down. I stared at him for a while. Judging the situation.

"...What's happening Kyojuro?... This is bothering you a lot then you're letting on..." I whispered, bending down to sit next to him. Letting my feet dangle over the side of the engawa. Letting him take his time with his response.

I leaned over to try and get a better look at his face. Holding back a small gasp when he suddenly looked up to look at the garden that surrounded the estate. Being sure to look at every detail in the garden before answering.

"What am I supposed to do?... " He asked. His ever loud voice not so loud anymore. "My little siblings looked up to me... I know that... how are they going to feel about this?" I started at the sides of his eyes as he spoke. Looking at the reflection of the moon and wildlife in his golden hues.

"... I think they'll just be happy you're alive..." I was finally able to spit some words out. I turned away from him to take my turn in looking at the garden. In return, I felt his gaze on me this time. "Everyone expects the worse... and in most cases... the worst is all people are given... I was talking with Taniro just before I saw you... he visited your family as you asked him to."

I turned to look back at him this time. Our eyes meeting. E/c and Gold clashing together. "He said they were relieved. Kadi was too, I know that personally... Kyojuro, they love you just as much as they respect you... They're just happy that you're safe..." I smiled. "We all are..."

He smiled in return. It felt genuine this time as he reached out for my hand that was resting in my lap. Grasping it gently. "Well, What am I going to do now?" He chuckled softly. Gazing into my eyes awaiting my answer.

"Hmm... you could spend time with your family, I'm sure they miss having you around..." I paused, looking up like I was thinking for something else. "You could help around the house to... Tanjiro told me Senjuro's been doing all the work himself..." I giggled. "Or you could start a family of your own!" I was obviously just giving a light-hearted joke to try and lighten the mood.

But... the joke went over his head... completely...

"That wouldn't be too bad!" He boasted, his boisterous personality making a remarkable return. Making me sweatdrop. Seeing the joke went so high he couldn't even try to jump to catch it... but... I guess it worked anyway.

"Kyo we should head back inside. The nurses probably have some food for you that's getting cold." I stood up and dusted myself off. Not noticing the small devious smile that grew on his face.

"What was that?" He hummed, his smile growing much, much bigger.

"Huh? What was what? I said your food is probably getting cold-"

"No, no." He chuckled. Using the support beam to help raise himself up. Already reaching out for help, to which I wasted no time in doing. "Before that." He smiled at me. His eyes squinted due to how big his smile is.

I gave him a perplexed look as we slowly made our way back to his room. Not knowing what he was talking about. Even re-thinking what I said to make sure I had everything. I was still lost.

"Kyo..." He smiled. My face fell immediately at my mistake. "I like that! That's cute! I always got a little jealous when you gave Kadzuki a nickname but I didn't get one!" He started laughing, repeating the nickname under his breath while my face continued to grow in temperature.

"S-stop laughing! It's embarrassing!" I shouted. More than ready to dump him off in his room and run off to hide somewhere. Maybe scream into my pillow. Cry a little. Then cry some more.

~~~~~

"Mari... Are you absolutely sure of this?" A middle-aged man asked the younger female.

"Yes! I saw her! She was hiding from the sunlight! I know! I recognize that kimono and that h/c hair anywhere!" The red-haired girl screamed. "She killed them! All of them! She's always seemed off but I never-" She choked back sobs. Hiding behind her hand, to hide her tears. "I never thought she would do this!"

"Mari! Calm down! We don't know for sure. The wisteria was wilting and that shrine has been a target for demons for centries! For all we know, a demon broke in and did the crime. Possibly taking y/n somewhere to finish her off where there was no sunlight." The local kannushi spoke up. Knowing very well about the wisteria wilting, because y/n's father called him up there to check it out.

"But that doesn't make sense!" Mari refused to give in. "If the wisteria was wilting why didn't they just leave!"

"That an obvious question you stupid girl!" And older lady retaliated. "Where would they go? Hm? Mari? They can't just stay at some random person's house, they have no relatives near here, and even so, it would be no different than staying in the shrine. Then what else? Sleep outside?" The old women scoffed. "That like saying 'kill us now!' Demons are common in this area and you know that! Quit pointing unwanted fingers at innocent people!"

"I'm not! I saw her dashing away in the forest! You must believe me!" Mari screamed, begging on her knees in front of the townspeople.

"Why would she run into the forest? Young y/n has never done such a thing on her own. Much too fragile." Mari's father chipped in. Not understanding the situation himself

"Maybe... maybe because she turned into a demon! That would make more sense!" Mari shouted. Coming to a conclusion.

"Then y/n wasn't the cause of her family's death. The demon who turned her into one of those things was the main cause. It probably had it's feast and saved her for last. Opting to use her for something maybe." A young boy, around the same age as Daki, spoke up.

"No, no-..." Mari shook her head as the villagers tried to reason with her and calm her down. "You have to come to see it for yourself! You'll see!" She stood up. Motioning for them to follow her up the mountain and to the l/n shrine.

------------------------------------------

[Edited] :)

Hey guys! We got another Kadzuki and Y/n shipper here~~! Look at this amazing fanart from the lovely VanaBee over on Quotev!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

566K 17.2K 60
Scars. Many had formed on the child's body as she listened to her family get ripped to shreds. The mountain whispered in the cold night, it told her...
28.9K 1K 21
for·bid·den /fərˈbidn/ adjective not allowed; banned ···*···*···*··· I'm scared that loving you will end up hurting us, so please don't make me regre...
12.5K 504 12
♥︎.."WHY ARE HOT PEOPLE AFTER ME!?!?" . ♥︎ ...You were just was just a 'normal girl', yes, super normal despite the fact that a secret organization...
3.9K 147 15
One can wonder fate, and sometimes... Fate happens to always bring something interesting along the way. ~ "When I think about the times I cried mysel...