The Healer

By MISSCESANIA

Liliana West is a Healer from Sandovia. She was living her life peacefully until the son of a High Lord asked... More

The Day Everything Changed
Chapter 1: Chasing West
Chapter 2: Setting the Kindle
Chapter 3: The Start of Something New
Chapter 4: Comfortable
Chapter 5: A Knight and A Snake
Chapter 6: Hubris Prince
Chapter 7: Bearing The Weight
Chapter 8: Company
Chapter 9: Ambush
Chapter 10: That Escalated Quickly
Chapter 11: Officially Branded
Chapter 12: Day One Conflict
Chapter 13: Visitor
Chapter 14: Day Out
Chapter 15: Pay What You Owe
Chapter 16: The Warning
Chapter 17: I Trust You
Chapter 18: A Good Idea?
Chapter 19: Didn't See That Coming
Chapter 20: The Unexpected Guest
Chapter 21: Comfortable
Chapter 22: Stand up Against
Chapter 23: Sealed
Chapter 24: Duchess of Araenon
Chapter 25 : Surprisingly, Tea Helps
Chapter 26 : Shattered Pieces of The Past
Chapter 28 : To Protect
Chapter 29 : The Infiltration (Part I)
Chapter 30 : The Infiltration (Part II)
Chapter 31 : Hesitation
Chapter 32 : Long Live the Duchess
Chapter 33 : Home
Chapter 34 : Clear
Chapter 35 : The Promise
Chapter 36 : A Specter from The Past
Chapter 37 : The Pirate King
Chapter 38 : Truth
Chapter 39 : Judgement
Chapter 40 : Near the Coast
Chapter 41 : Attack
Chapter 42 : Right on Time
Chapter 43: Sacrifice
Chapter 44: The Beginning of an End
Chapter 45: Fated

Chapter 27 : Unexpected Pair-Up

1.5K 97 8
By MISSCESANIA

I STAYED IN THE ROOFTOP for a few more minutes until I decided to go down. The hallways are dark but not too dark. It took some time for me to process what Davis revealed earlier.

Napatingin ako sa malaking orasan. It's almost one o'clock in the morning. I trudged my way down to my room but I stopped on my tracks when I saw who's in the dining. The doors of the hall were open kaya kitang kita ko kung may tao ba doon o wala.

Someone is inside the hall. Is it Davis? No. I stepped closer enough for me to see who is it.

"Exene?" I pressed on the switch. His head sprang up and looked at me. His hair disheveled, clothes crumpled and dark circles are visible under his eyes.

"What in the King's name happened to you?"

He gave me a sigh.

"Was it tough being the Duchess?"

"Not as tough as what you've been through, obviously. What happened?"

He groaned. "Consoling a heartbroken asshole. That's what happened."

I don't understand what he meant by that and I decided not to ask.

"Must be tough. You look like you aged ten years."

He narrowed his eyes on me. Is he pissed?

"I was only joking. No need to give me that look. I didn't know you'd be sensitive about your age-"

He abruptly stood up and walked towards me. He's now at arm's depth making me feel uncessarily uncomfortable.

"Were you crying?"

Shit. Are my eyes still swollen?

"The wind is strong amd cold at the rooftop. It keeps getting through my eyes."

He still has that judging look on his eyes.

"I saw Black came down from the rooftop too. Were you together?"

I bit my lip to prevent myself from tearing up again.

"Yes."

He sighed. "You were crying."

This time, it was a statement. Not a question.

"Did he tell you?" His eyes are full of concern and I can see how he cares about Black too.

I nodded. He sighed. "How much did he tell you?"

"He told me that his father killed his mother and two sisters. And that man is Apollo."

He let put a deep breath as if he's relieved about something.

"Life's been tough on him. I met him when I was sent to this manor under my uncle's care. He worked as a stable boy for my Uncle who was the Duke that time. We became friends. Me, the twins and Black. We did everything together from then until now."

"You did not stay in the Palace?"

He gave me a small smile. "It's past your sleeping time, wife."

I narrowed my eyes on him. "Don't treat me like a kid."

"But you're my baby, though." He laughed.

"Don't ever spout such ridiculous thing again."

"Oho! Four days I've been gone and you speak like a true Duchess now, eh? You learn fast. I can finally relax since you're here to replace me."

"I'll burn this house down."

His hearty laugh echoed throughout the dining hall and I didn't realize I was laughing too. He wiped his eyes as he finally settled down.

"Damn, that was nice. I can't remember when I laughed like that."

"Don't make me your entertainer." I crossed my arms.

He shrugged, "Whatever you do entertains me." He gave me a smile. And I must admit, with that simple smile, he became so much more attractive.

I cleared my throat. "Whenever you needed someone to talk to, I'm here." Because I know you're avoiding to tell me about it.

"What's with the sudden atmosphere? Come on, the atmosphere earlier was good already!"

I sighed. "I'll wait until you tell me, Exene."

He paused and rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's really embarrassing, though."

Napakunot ang noo ko.

"Dad kicked me out of the palace because I was a troublemaker. I almost set the Palace on fire not once but twice. I like to mess up the chairs in the meeting room and my dad's guests often gets injured whenever they sit on the chairs." He grinned.

I just gave him a blank stare. He chuckled and walked towards me.

"You've already heard enough sad story tonight," he held both my shoulders and turned my back against him. He gently pushed me to the doors.

I looked up to him while he's gently pushing me.

"I can handle another sad story,"

He clicked his tongue and led me upstairs to my room.

"Rest well. I know you've been crying in the rooftop and I know your head hurts. When you wake up tomorrow, we're going out."

I stopped on my tracks and he stopped pushing me too.

"What?"

"I know you heard me. So go to your room now and rest." He continued to push me. We're nearing my room.

"Since we can't really consummate our marriage let's at least date, right?" We reached my room and he opened the door. I held the door frame.

"Wait a second. I didn't even say yes!"

He stopped pushing and turned me to face him. He gently pushed me to the wall, his forearm above my head.

He looked around and when he confirmed nobody's around, he leaned closer as he said in a low voice,

"Or would you rather consummate our marriage right here, right now? If you're compelled to do so, then..."

He loosened his tie and started unbuttoning his shirt. He was about to unbutton the third one when I stopped him.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Consummating our marriage?"

"Nobody's going to consummate marriage-"

"But you wouldn't go out on a date-"

"Fine! Jesus Christ! I'll go to sleep and we'll go out tomorrow!"

"But I kinda like this position we're in now."

"Exene-"

Agad siyang lumayo and didn't bother to button his shirt and fix his tie. He just ran his hand through his hair and gave me a grin.

"Good night, Wife."

I rolled my eyes and went to my room. And when I looked at the mirror, a smile is plastered across my face. I look like a freaking teenager who just got a chance to talk to her crush. I cupped both my cheeks. It's red. I can't believe I am flustered. And it's been hard to keep talking normally to him earlier.

Am I crushing on Exene?

I bit my lip and went to bed smiling.

* * *

For my years of existence, I never hated someone other than Emerich Sardon.

I didn't care if I look really grumpy while walking on the streets. I am with Exene and he's walking ahead of me. And he's talking with Canary.

Great.

I thought she's interested in someone else. Why is she here, anyway?

And Exene should know better! We are pretending to be husband and wife for goodness' sake and here he is, talking to another woman, leaving his wife behind. I hope a bicycle would run you two over.

Canary turned and looked me, looking really smug.

"Your wife isn't really in a good mood today." She leaned closer to Exene and whispered those words but loud enough for me to hear.

"Binulong mo pa," I mumbled and went to the ice cream stall. If they're just going to enjoy themselves, I'll enjoy myself too. Bahala kayo. I didn't bother telling them where I went. I know my way home. I'll go home. What a waste of time.

The man gave me the ice cream I ordered and charged the bill to Exene's account. I gave each of the shop's employee a generous tip: I let them choose what ice cream they want to have and I had Exene's account pay for it. They can choose how many they want to it.

"Just charge it to the Duke's account." I showed them my ID and my account. When they confirmed I am a member of the Duke's house, they happily gave me their thanks.

I sat on the chairs outside the shop. I saw the two of them at the distance. Canary is holding a flower while smiling widely at Exene.

I scoffed. Did he bring me here to see this? He gave another woman a flower while his wife bought herself an ice cream? I angrily scooped at my ice cream bowl. Canary saw me and waved her hand. Maputol sana kamay mo.

I didn't wave back. I gestured them to go away with my hand.

Shoo away, you pests.

I angrily scooped my ice cream and was about to bring it to my mouth when a hand stopped me.

Napatingin ako kung sino iyon.

"Levi?"

Behind him are Luca and Davis.

"Davis!"

"Hey, you're not going to call me?" Luca said.

"Your fangirls might kill me if I did."

I looked at Davis. He usually has his hair down but today, he pushed it back. And his clothes are not the usual all black clothes he wears. Today, he's specially...dashing.

"I like your style today,"

He just gave me his usual blank stare.

"Why are you scooping angrily at your ice cream?" Levi asked as he let go of my hand.

I was about to turn to Exene's direction when I heard Canary's voice behind me. I rolled my eyes. And the three of them got the situation immediately.

Levi just gave me his eye smile and Luca was smirking. Davis has no reaction. Actually, he looks like he's not supposed to go out today but the twins forced him to.

"Thank you for getting him out." Canary smiled at the twins and gave a shy glance towards Davis.

Davis clicked his tongue.

"I...I've been wanting to talk to you so that I could ask you out but everytime I go near, you just...you don't seem to want to talk to me."

"I'm glad you know that-" Luca nudged Davis, cutting off his sentence. I looked at the two of them.

What on earth is happening here?

"So that's why asked Luca and Levi to ask you for me. I know that was not proper but I'll do the proper thing right now, with these people as the witnesses," 

Exene nudged me on my arm as I was busy figuring out what on earth is happening.

"Davis Black, will you go on a date with me?" Canary said in a shy voice.

My jaw dropped.

What the hell?

* * *

TWO UPDATES TODAY! HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT. VOTE AND COMMENT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4M 326K 99
Carnelia Manelli, isang anak ng Major General ng military at sikat na Fashion Designer na sina Jared at Kacey Manelli. Dahil dito, hindi naging madal...
5.5K 235 32
She's a woman who had everything she want except for one thing... FREEDOM... She's too desperate for freedom so she decided to leave everything just...
202K 8.1K 29
Luna traveled back in the year 1889, and she's stuck inside the body of Lady Celestine --- the noble lady who's bound to marry the King of Citadel. ...
216K 6.2K 80
She was a gangster yet she discovered she wasn't just like any other normal gangster when this one heck of a perverted jerk appear and confused her o...