sweetener | kei tsukishima x...

By ushiwakababy

after 5 years of dating, kei decides to propose to his high school sweetheart, y/n. however, nothing's easy f... More

1 | wedding kiss
2 | suspicions
3 | trust
4 | woman with a pendant
5 | news
6 | another attempt?
7 | moon light
8 | im home!
10 | kisses
11 | red
12 | the date
13 | adults
14 | tsukishima
15 | dinosaur cookies
16 | husband and wife
17 | tsundere
18 | beef stew
19 | coach
20 | kid
21 | brownies
22 | chicken soup
23 | sunshine
24 | cinnamon rolls
25 | kei
26 | mother
27 | sugar
28 | sweetener (end)
bonus chapter | 5th birthday
bonus chapter | each other
bonus chapter | school festival
bonus chapter | school festival pt. 2
author
bonus chapter | quarantine

9 | my fiance

25.7K 931 1.3K
By ushiwakababy

You got back at your seat and noticed everyone's empty plates, they were all done eating.

"Mom? Your mom?" Kei exclaimed, panicked. Since your mom was living overseas, he never had the chance to meet her and the last time you saw her was a few years ago too, when you visited.

"Yeah, my mom's back in Japan," you clarified.

"I didn't know she was coming, she's a really impulsive person," you added.

"Is it your first time meeting Y/N-san's mom?" Yamaguchi curiously asked.

"Yep, his first time. Her last trip to Japan was 7 or 8 years ago," you told him, "She's a dual citizen."

"Now now, don't panic, it'll be fine," Daichi reassured Kei, his leadership qualities were always reliable, especially now that he was a cop

"I'm not panicking!" Kei denied.

"I mean, you're engaged now," Sugawara added.

"I think that's why he's nervou-" Yachi guessed.

"Who said I'm nervous?"

"He proposed and her mom doesn't know," Yachi continued.

"Anyways, my mom's going to love you," you reassured him as you held Kei's hand resting on his lap. It was just like what he did for you before when you met his entire family.

"She's not the type to judge, she's very accepting, if that's a word," you added.

"Unlike someone I know," you thought, now remembering his mother.

"Ah yes, that's a word," Sugawara confirmed.

"Bill please," Kei muttered and raised his hand, finally trying to calm down.

"Also, she's in the airport, she wants me to pick her up. She says she's just going to eat while she waits," you informed him.

"You should have told me that earlier."

"Heh, sorry. It's not like you're going with me," you apologized, "Wait, are you?"

"You can't avoid her, you know," Asahi advised, "Not that I have a girlfriend though."

"Then I'll go," Kei impulsively decided.

"Are you sure?" you asked him, giving him a chance to back out in case he wasn't ready.

"Yes."

"Then goodluck," Daichi said with a smile.

"We better be invited in the wedding," Sugawara told you.

"Well, that depen-"

"Of course, you are!" you nudged Kei again.

"Maybe I might consider even having that simpleto-" Kei added, referring to Hinata Shoyo.

"And Shoyo-kun too!" you interrupted again, "though I haven't seem him ever since," you muttered.

You heard your phone ring again, it was probably your mom.

"Ah, excuse me, sorry," you apologized and picked up your phone while Kei paid for the meal.

"Hello?"

"Are you on your way, sweetie?" it was definitely your mom.

"Y-yes, we're on our way!" you answered.

"You're with someone? Is that the boy your Auntie told me about?"

"W-what boy, mom?"

"She told me you're in a relationship or something," she sighed, "I was even thinking of an arrangement with my friend's so-"

"No, thank you!" you exclaimed and hung your bag on your shoulder as everyone got up from their seats.

"Really?"

"Yup, really!"

"Kei and I have had enough of in-law problems!" you thought.

"Well, if you insist, then okay," she surprisingly accepted it quickly.

"Wait for me, mom, we'll be there soon."

"Okay, see you, sweetie!" she spoke in her usual cheery voice before ending the call.

"We gotta go, my mom's waiting," you told them and bowed your head.

"Ah, goodluck!" Asahi told you, smiling.

"Thanks for treating us, see you around," Yachi said as she waved her hand.

"Goodluck, Tsukki!"

"Bye," you bid them farewell as they waved at you.

"Yachi-chan, it's getting dark, should I take you home?" you heard Yamaguchi bashfully ask.

"You think they're a thing?" you asked Kei while he tried to hail a taxi.

"Well, he liked her since our first year, but I don't know," Kei answered.

"R-really?"

"Why? Did Yachi like him back then too?" he tried guessing.

You nodded your head, "Very much!"

"And they're still not together," he chuckled as a taxi stopped by.

Shortly after, you were finally on your way to the airport. You sat next to Kei, with your hands intertwined, resting on his lap.

"It's going to be okay," you reassured him as you rested your head on his shoulder, knowing how anxious this made him.

"I hope so," he admitted, "I've never met your parents so it's something unfamiliar."

"Well, haven't you thought of living in the country where your mom resides in?" he asked nervously.

"I don't want to live there, she has a new family now," you answered but unexpectedly in a calm unfazed voice.

"I didn't know, sorry."

"It's fine. She insisted on me coming, but I hesitated. When she left Japan, I promised myself I'd be a better mom.

"I don't ever regret it, look where it brought me," you continued.

"I'm glad you stayed here in Japan," Kei mumbled and rested his head on yours.

"Yeah, I'm Tsukishima Kei's fiancé now, heh."

"You'll be a great mom."

"You think so? How many kids do you want?" you teased, not expecting a serious reply.

"K-kids?" he mumbled.

"We're here," the taxi driver informed you as he stopped at the entrance.

"Oh, ah, wait," you looked through your bag to get your wallet.

"Kei, I'll pay," you told him who was already counting his money.

"Alright, alright," he chuckled.

"Here," you handed your money.

"Let's go," Kei said and sighed, opening the door.

"She says she's near uh," you looked around, "that gate," you continued and pointed.

Kei held your hand again as he let you lead the way. It was you who's spot her anyway.

"Did she step outside already? Or is she still in-?" he asked but he was interrupted by the loud call of your name.

"Sweetie, mommy's here!" you heard your mother exclaim nearby as you heard the clack of her short heels.

"Oh, mom," you mumbled, unsurprised with her reaction upon seeing you. She was enthusiastic as usual.

She hugged you the moment she got close enough to reach you and you simply patted her back with your hand. You weren't as fond as she was, which she never understood.

"Mommy missed you!" she blurted out right after her hug.

"I'm glad you got here safe, mom."

"And, who's this handsome young man?" she asked and broke her embrace, now looking up at Kei.

Kei was flustered by her comment but tried to act calmly.

"I'm Tsukishima Kei," he politely answered her question.

"We're getting married, mom," you revealed.

"What?"

"Congratulations then," you heard an annoyingly familiar voice, it sounded like an older boy.

"Ah, I'm Hasegawa Rin, Y/N's older brother," he introduced himself and smirked.

"Step brother," you corrected, now getting irritated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 287 10
-y/n doesn't fall in love, or at least that's what she'll say to anyone who asks her about getting into any kind of romantic relationship. however, a...
308K 8.1K 37
CLOSED FOR REQUESTS!!! Listed: Tendou Hinata Tsukkishima Kageyama Terushima welcome to my third book! i have two other books of haikyuu so check it o...
530K 23.7K 15
๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐“๐„๐ƒ โSaltyshima!โž โShut up, lamp post!โž Just a first year high school girl that is almost tall as Tsukishima and a sort of troublema...
133K 5.2K 26
[๐—–๐—ข๐— ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—ง๐—˜] in a world where two teens meet in the weirdest way possible kageyama x reader