Let it Go for the Gift of a F...

ShellMarie35 által

Would you let it go and get help if it meant your friend’s life? How much does friendship mean to you? Demi L... Több

Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend - Demi Lovato - Book 5
Meaning of Each Book! :)
Longer Description for Book 5!
Prologue: Trainwreck
Chapter 1: Can't Back Down
Chapter 2: On the Line
Chapter 3: Never Been Hurt
Chapter 4: Get Back
Chapter 5: Really Don't Care
Chapter 6: Without The Love
Chapter 7: Falling Over Me
Chapter 8: Fire Starter
Chapter 9: Stop the World
Chapter 10: Together
Chapter 11: My Love is Like A Star
Chapter 12: Every Time You Lie
Chapter 13: So Far So Great
Chapter 14: Solo
Chapter 15: Unbroken
Chapter 16: Got Dynamite
Chapter 17: World of Chances
Chapter 18: Our Time is Here
Chapter 19: Neon Lights
Chapter 20: Made in the USA
Chapter 21: Two Worlds Collide
Chapter 22: This is Me
Chapter 23: Who Will I Be?
Chapter 24: Party
Chapter 25: What To Do
Chapter 26: Catch Me
Chapter 27: This Is Our Song
Chapter 28: U Got Nothin' On Me
Chapter 29: You're My Only Shorty
Chapter 30: Mistake
Chapter 31: Gift of a Friend
Chapter 32: Give Your Heart A Break
Chapter 33: Me, Myself, and Time
Chapter 34: You're My Favorite Song
Chapter 35: For The Love Of A Daughter
Chapter 36: Work of Art
Chapter 38: What We Came Here For
Chapter 39: Skyscraper
Chapter 40: Quiet
Chapter 41: The Middle
Chapter 42: Fix A Heart
Chapter 43: Lightweight
Chapter 44: Believe in Me
Chapter 45: Gonna Get Caught
Chapter 46: Here We Go Again
Chapter 47: All Night Long
Chapter 48: Hold Up
Chapter 49: In Real Life
Chapter 50: Nightingale
Chapter 51: Shouldn't Come Back
Chapter 52: Heart Attack
Chapter 53: Something That We're Not
Chapter 54: Wouldn't Change A Thing
Chapter 55: Avalanche
Chapter 56: That's How You Know
Chapter 57: Warrior
Chapter 58: Bonus Chapter #1
Chapter 59: Kayla's Pregnancy

Chapter 37: Don't Forget

101 10 0
ShellMarie35 által

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

PLEASE READ: If you're trying to read this story in order pay attention to the chapters you are reading. Wattpad is putting my chapters out of order. At this moment chapter 36 is posted last. I do not know why it did that and wattpad isn't letting me fix it either so please just pay attention when reading the story and make sure you're reading the right chapters. Thank you :) 

Note: Just a quick note before the chapter begins. I have finished writing this story and I've also gotten one recommendation so far on bonus chapters. I was asked to write about Kayla's pregnancy and that chapter is now written. If you want any more bonus chapters let me know because I only have one more assignment left until Christmas break. So I have a lot of time to write! :) 

Thank you for all the support on this story. I freak out every time I see that that the stories are getting votes. <3 

Chapter 37: Don’t Forget

We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it.

“Don’t use the drums here,” I told Anna, “and add them back in after the bridge.”

“Are you sure?”

I nodded, “Try it.”

She typed a few things into the computer and made the changes I suggested before playing it again. She nodded to the beat as it replayed.

“I like this. Thanks D.”

“No problem,” I smiled. “Are you ready for your next gig?”

“I think so. I’ve mixed a few covers between my original songs. The owner of the club I’m performing at said there’s going to be a few producers and record label owners there watching.”

“That’s great!”

She nodded, “I’m really nervous though.”

“Don’t be,” I told her, “You’ve got this.”

“Yeah but there are going to be so many talented artists there that night.”

“Yes, but you have something special and unique about your voice and your songs. You have a message you’re trying to get across to people.”

“Will you be there?”

“Definitely,” I nodded, “You can count on me. Who else did you invite to come?”

“You, my grandparents, and Nicole. This club is more about inviting the producers and owners to find new talent whereas the other club was about how many people we could get to show up to earn a regular gig.”

“Have you earned any yet?”

“The first club I performed at wants me to perform every other Saturday.”

“That’s amazing!”

She smiled and nodded, “I’m excited about that. I’ve asked you, Rosily, Alice, and Nicole all for advice about my set. I think I have it all set now.”

“Awesome,” I stood up, “Let’s go to that smoothie place for lunch.”

She stood up after me, “I agree. Jim here?”

“He’s waiting right outside the door,” I replied.

            Jim drove us to the nearest smoothie place and Anna and I decided to sit there for a while before going home. It was still the middle of the day so there weren’t many people there. The busiest time of the day is usually as soon as school gets out. We sat by the window and enjoyed our smoothie while Jim stayed near the door.

“How are things going with Nicole?” I asked her.

“Better than I expected.”

I replied, “What do you mean?”

She shrugged, “I’ve never done anything like this. I don’t know how to explain it.”

“Just try, I’ll understand.”

She took a breath, “I guess I’ve never been this honest with myself before. Sure I’ve only ever dated guys before or whatever, but I’ve always been attracted to both guys and girls. I never wanted to admit it because it made me seem so different from everybody else. With therapy, group therapy, and a group I meet with for people like me I’ve realized that I’m not alone. A lot of people feel like me.”

“You’re doing amazing,” I smiled, “You seem really happy. Does it feel better to be yourself instead of lying?”

She nodded, “As a matter of fact it does. This is it isn’t it? We’ve finally made it. We’re in recovery, we’re being ourselves, we’re going after or achieving our dream careers, and we’ve found people who truly care about us. In rehab, did you expect our lives to turn out this way?”

I shook my head, “Not even a little. I thought my life was doomed; I would forever feel depressed and worthless about myself. We did it, didn’t we? We really did it.”

“And we did it together,” she smiled.

I smiled back, “Life sure has its surprises.”

“How are things with Max? You seem really happy so they must be going well.”

“I am,” I grinned, “Things with Max are amazing. Did I tell you that he told me he loved me?”

“What?! He said the L word?!”

I nodded eagerly, “On the plane of all places!”

“Plane?” she laughed.

“We were playing 20 questions on the plane. We play games like that sometimes to get to know each other better. Anyway, we were playing and we got onto the topic of love at first sight. He asked me if I believed in it and I told him no.”

“You don’t?” she asked.

I shook my head, “I believe in that immediate attraction or immediate connection that you can have with someone after first seeing them, but I don’t think love really comes until you get to know each other. I asked him back if he believe in it and he said yes because it’s happened to him.”

“Oh my God, he didn’t.”

I nodded, “He did.”

“How did you respond?”

“I didn’t know how to respond,” I said honestly, “and before we left for the trip mom came in and talked to me about not having regrets. She told me that I deserve to live my life to the fullest because if I live my life too scared then I’ll end up having regrets. At first I didn’t understand what she meant, but it made sense after he said he loved me.”

“What made sense? What your mom said?”

“Yes because somehow she could see that Max loved me. She knew this trip would be an eye opener for me because I’ve always been in my own little bubble. On that trip I wasn’t famous; I was just a person and it felt amazing. It was really weird at first, but it was amazing. I forgot about being scared and I forgot about worrying the whole time. I had so much fun that I forgot about the rest of my life entirely. I thought about all of this after he said he loved me. I thought about the days we were at Disney and he treated me like we were on a first date. I thought about that one night when he took me on a picnic in his aunt’s backyard. They have this large hill and once you’re at the top you can see the city right in front of you. I realized I did love him. I realized my mom was right and she told me not to have regrets because she could see I loved him back.”

Anna smiled, “So you said it back.”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “I did. Since then we’ve talked on the phone every night, text every day, and he’s determined to hang out with me every weekend.”

“Nicole is the same way. I just finished my GED so now Nicole comes over and asks me for help on her homework. Then she says we need a break from all the work we do during the week and that means we should hang out and do nothing all weekend.”

“Is she excited about graduating?”

“Definitely, she talks about it all the time. She doesn’t know where she’s going yet though.”

“Are you nervous?”

“Not really,” she shook her head, “I want her to make the right decision for her. What about Max?”

“He had his life set way before he ever met me.”

“Really?”

I nodded, “He knows what he wants to do and where he’s going to college and he happens to love living here in this city. The other day he mentioned buying an apartment for himself instead of living on campus. He’s anxious to graduate and start his life.”

“Gotta admire people like that huh?”

“I know right?”

She chuckled, “We’ve spent the last few years in rehab and confused.”

“Yeah,” I chuckled.

“Have you noticed his depression? I mean, like he’s noticed yours? Because I’m always worried about Nicole seeing me when I’m having a breakdown or something and leaving.”

I shook my head, “I can tell he has it. It lingers in his expression and in the things he does sometimes but he doesn’t talk about it. I don’t know if he doesn’t want to bring me down or what. He has it under control though. I don’t think he’s hiding it and waiting for it to build up until it explodes I just think that his life has been great lately.”

“Are you worried?”

“A little,” I admitted, “I’m worried that he won’t be able to handle my next breakdown. He probably knows what it’s like, but what’s to say he doesn’t want someone like that you know? I’m worried how things will change when we both have our next breakdowns. I was so close to one after my grandpa died.”

“He won’t leave.”

“How do you know?”

She smiled, “D, you just said it. He loves you. Your mom noticed it before he ever told you and she noticed that you loved him too. He knows about your problems and you know about his. If anything was going to explode it would explode if you didn’t know any of those things, but you do. He’s going to fight not to ruin what you have and I think you’d do the same. Right?”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “and thanks.”

She shrugged, “I’m your best friend. I’ve had the same thing on my mind. It’s different though. Nicole doesn’t have the life I’ve had so she doesn’t understand me the way you and Max understand each other. You’re lucky.”

            After our conversation Jim dropped Anna off before going back to my house. I went to my room and went on my computer for a while before getting distracted by playing with Maria and Dave when they got home from school. After dinner I realized I still didn’t receive a call from Max so I went to my room to call him. I picked my phone up off my bed and laid across the bed on my stomach. When he picked up I noticed something off about his phone. He didn’t sound like his happy self. Something’s wrong.

“Hey,” he mumbled.

“Hey,” I said softly, “Is everything okay? I hadn’t talked to you since this morning so I thought I’d call.”

“It’s that late already? I went home from school after lunch. I guess I fell asleep.”

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

“Don’t do that,” I told him. “You don’t have to fake with me.”

He sighed, “I’ve been depressed all day. I felt overwhelmed at school and my parents gave the okay to send me home. I didn’t want to do anything so I went straight to my room and fell asleep.”

“Did you just wake up?”

“Yeah, I did.”

“Want me to come over? We can do nothing together?”

“I just want to be alone.”

“Yes but I don’t want you to be alone. Fifteen minutes?”

He chuckled, “Sure.”

“Great, I’ll see you then.”

“Demetria?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

I smiled, “I’m leaving the house now.”

“I’ll see you when you get here.”

“Bye.”

            I hung up the phone and left a quick note for my parents before driving myself to Max’s house. Jim already went home for the day because he thought we would all be home so I didn’t want to bother anybody else to take me. I got to Max’s house as fast as I could and rushed to the door and knocked hoping none of the neighbors catch me. His mom answered the door.

She smiled, “Max is in his room, but Demetria he’s –“

“Mom,” Max cut her off.

She turned around and he stood outside his doorway, “I’ve already talked to her.”

“Okay,” his mom opened the door.

“Thanks,” I smiled and walked to Max. “Hi.”

He tried his best to smile and took my hands, “Hi.”

“Movie?” I suggested.

He nodded and pulled me into his room, “I’m sorry about earlier.”

“Don’t be,” I shook my head, “Pick a movie.”

            I sat on his bed and leaned against the headboard while he picked a movie and put it in the DVD player. After he hit play he joined me on the bed and put his arm around my waist. I wrapped both my arms around him and rested my head against his chest.

“I don’t know what’s going on in your head right now and you don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to, but I’m here. You don’t even have to speak.”

He hugged me tighter, “I love you. I don’t know how to explain what’s going on in my head.”

“That’s okay. You don’t have to. I love you too.”

“They expected so much of me.”

“Who?” I asked.

“School. They told me I needed to finished all these scholarships and get more loans and start studying for finals coming up. I couldn’t keep up.”

“That’s why you went home.”

“Yeah,” he answered, “the school insisted I stayed but as soon as they called my parents they told the school to send me home. My parents always thought it was important to have a rest day if my mind felt overwhelmed. I couldn’t get myself to do anything when I got home. My parents didn’t even come to see me when they got home from work.”

“Why’d you answer my call then?”

“Maybe part of me wanted to talk to you. I didn’t think. My phone rang and I just answered it.”

“Let’s not talk about anything tonight, okay? Let’s just sit here.”

“I like having you here. Having you here hugging me helps.”

“Then I’ll hug tighter,” I smiled.

            He pulled me so I was between his legs and I leaned against chest. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me even tighter than I was hugging him before. I rested my head against his and he kissed my temple.

“I think it’s my turn to hug you.”

I smiled, “I like that idea too.”

“We’ll get through this,” he said.

I couldn’t tell whether he was trying to convince me or him.

THE END CHAPTER 37!

Vote and comment!

Only a few chapters until major drama  

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

40.4K 1.2K 64
don't you just find it so hard to hate someone that you love? sounds crazy huh? demetria devonne lovato. yes, of course, im related to her... and my...
6.5K 180 33
It started of in a High school life. It's just an ordinary day, until the other group of girls join forces and everything went to hell.. All of their...
54K 1.6K 44
Sequel to 'It's Only The Beginning' A miracle brought them together but can that miracle keep them together or will they crash down like an Avalanche?
112K 3K 51
Six years ago, a toddler and her baby sister were orphaned after their parents died in a car crash. Lillian and Neveah were left with their uncle who...