Smart // Luke Hemmings

By idekkhemmo

"And in that moment, I found out Luke Hemmings is the perfect example of a bad boy." Daniela Gray's world is... More

Chapter 1 // The New Neighbors
Chapter 2 // Maths
Chapter 3 // Babysitters
Chapter 4 // Halloween Bash
Chapter 5 // Mall
Chapter 6 // Skipped
Chapter 7 // Sleepover
Chapter 8 // Outside Meetings
Chapter 9 // Avoiding
Chapter 10 // Absent
Chapter 11 // Vistors
Chapter 12 // Homecoming
Chapter 13 // Here & Now
Chapter 14 // Rumors
Chapter 15 // Dinner
Chapter 16 // New Years
Chapter 17 // Drama Class
Chapter 18 // Lunch
Chapter 19 // Tutor
Chapter 20 // Valentine's Day Studying
Chapter 21 // Overslept
Chapter 22 // Take out
Character Q&A
Character Q&A Answers
Chapter 23 // Tutu
Chapter 24 // Test
Chapter 25 // Lunch with Luke
Chapter 26 // Party Time
Chapter 27 // Midterms
Chapter 28 // Lazy Day
Chapter 29 // Office Party
Chapter 30 // The Real Date
Chapter 32 // Finally
Chapter 33 // Ex-virgin
Chapter 34 // Photography
Chapter 35 // Nominees
Chapter 36 // New Guy
Chapter 37 // Prom
Chapter 38 // Road Trip
Chapter 39 // Graduation
Chapter 40 // The End
THERES A SEQUEL

Chapter 31 // Date Night

22.7K 563 306
By idekkhemmo

Chapter 31 // Date Night

Luke’s POV

A month later

“What are you doing after school?” Calum asked me.

“Dani and I have plans.” I replied, as I got my book bag. We made our way to lunch and I noticed Dani sitting at her usual table. We went on the lunch line to get our food when Michael came up to us. “Hey guys.”

“Hey Mike.” We both said in unison.

“What are you guys doing after school?”

“Luke has plans with Dani.” Calum said.

“Oooh, what are you guys going to do?” Michael asked, nudging my arm. 

“I have a surprise for her.”

“What’s that surprise?” Calum asked.

“Well if I tell you it won’t be a surprise.” I smiled.  After getting our lunch, we made our way to Dani’s lunch table. Dani noticed me and told Violet and Ashton to make room. I sat next to Dani while Michael sat next to Ashton and Calum sat next to me. “Hey.” I whispered.
“Hey” Dani replied.

We sat in silence, watching Violet and the boys talk to each other. I looked down and slowly intertwined my fingers with Dani’s. When our hands made contact, she jumped up and looked at me. I smiled sheeply, causing her to giggle. We both turned back to eating and listening to the others talk.

We finished eating and the bell was about to ring. “Do you want me to walk you to your class?” I asked Dani.

“You don’t have too. I don’t want to make you late.”

“You won’t make me late. Plus I want to.” This caused her to smile and blush a little bit. The bell rang, causing everyone to get up. I took her hand in mine as we walked to our lockers. We walked to the 2nd floor, and on the way a bunch of people were staring at us. “Why is everyone looking at us?” Dani whispered.

“They’re too jealous.” I chuckled. When we arrived to Dani’s class, it only gave me 2 minutes to get to my class. Which was on the 4th floor. Dani was about to walk away but I turned her around and gave her a peck on the lips. “Bye Dani.” I smiled, then running through the hallway, trying to dodge people. “Bye Luke!” She called out.

I flew up the staircases, finally reaching the 4th floor. The bell rang; causing me to run even faster down the hall, almost bumping into a teacher may I add, trying to get to my class. I almost pasted my room. I halted to a stop then walked into the class. “Luke you’re late.” My teacher, Mrs. Mroz said. I mumbled an ‘I know’ which she didn’t hear.

~*~

The day finally ended, meaning I could go see Dani again. I went to my locket got my stuff and went to her locker. When I saw her, I crept up behind her and hugged her. “Hi Luke.” She said.

“Hi Dani.” I sang.

“Luke get off, people are staring.”

“So let them stare.” I replied. She tried to get me off herself, but she gave up.

“Please Luke.” Dani whined. “You can continue this later.”

“What, when we aren’t in public?” I asked, not meaning for it to come out rude.

“Yeah.” She whispered. I pulled away causing her to turn around to face me. “I didn’t mean it like that Luke.”

“Then what did you mean Dani?”

“I rather talk about this later.” She shut her locker softly, while people passing were watching us.

“It’s because we’re not official right?” I heard her sigh. “Oh my god it is.”

“Luke it’s not a bad thing, but you know I’ve had bad experiences with public relationships.” I took her hand in mine and kissed it.

“Dani you know I’m different than that douche of a guy. I love you and I just want to show everyone that you’re mine. Not officially but maybe soon we can change that?”

“I love you too but can we just switch the subject?” Dani replied. I nodded. “You ready to go?”

“Where?”

“To our date?”

“Oh crap. I forgot that was today. I told my mom I would look after Sammy.”

“Can’t you ask Violet to watch over him?”

“Ash and her are going out.”

“Wait.” I pulled out my hone from my pocket and dialed Michael’s number. “Who are you calling?”

“Shh.” After 3 rings, Michael picked up. “What do you want? I’m sort of driving.”

“What are you doing right now?”

“We’re going to Cal’s. Why?”

“I need a favor from you two.”

“Wait. Here.” Michael said. A second later, Cal answered the phone. “Hey Luke what’s up?”

“I need a favor from you two.” I repeated.

“What’s the favor?”

“I need you two to watch Dani’s little brother for a maybe 2-3 hours?” I watched Dani’s face as I was talking. She shook her head ‘no’ madly right after her jaw dropped.

“Wait hold on.” I heard shifting noises then Calum said, “You’re on speaker.”

“I need you two to watch Dani’s brother.”

“What’s in it for us?” Michael asked.

“I’ll order a pizza to her house.”

“And?” Calum added.

“What are they asking?” Dani asked.

“They want to know what’s in it for them.”

“Tell them my brother has a PlayStation and an Xbox.”

“She has a PlayStation and an Xbox.” I said through the phone.
“She probably has girly games.” Michael snickered.

“She has FIFA and Call of Duty.” There was a moment of silence before they replied with, “We’ll be there.”

~*~

On the way to the movies, Dani called her mom and Sammy to tell them about Mike and Cal.  “Okay mom, see you later.” She hung up the phone and it in her jacket pocket. “So what are we going to watch?”

“Whatever you want.” I smiled without taking my eyes off the road. I turned into the movie theater’s parking lot. “Can we watch that movie about the guy who gets framed for his wife’s death?”

“You mean, ‘Gone Girl’?”

“Yeah. It sounds interesting.” She smiled as I parked the car.

“Yeah why not?”

~*~

“2 tickets for Gone Girl.”

“ID’s please.” I took out my wallet and gave her my driver’s license. Dani did the same but instead took out her school id. The lady examined them and gave them back. She printed out two tickets while she told me the price. “You don’t have to pay for me.” Dani whispered. “I want to. It’s a date.” I smiled at her. I took my change and the tickets.

Once in the theater, we sat all the way at the top. The theater’s seats were elevated so it was a better view the higher you are. We sat down as the movie previews were starting. “So did you get any acceptance letters yet?” Dani asked.

“Nah not yet.” I wanted to switch the subject so bad. I hate talking about college with Dani. It makes me anxious that she’ll be away and I’ll probably be in community college. She’s so much smarter than me it’s embarrassing sometimes. “I’m going to get us popcorn.” I said. I got up from my seat and left.

~*~

After I got back, the movie previews were still going on. I reached the top and saw a guy sitting next to Dani. “Hey dude, whatcha doing sitting next to my date?”

“This is your date?” He asked. I nodded. He then turned to Dani. “You could do so much better than that ugly twig baby.”

“Listen I don’t know who you are but you should get out of that fucking seat before I have to physically take you out myself.” The guy immediately stood up and turned to face me. “What’d you say twig?”

“I-“

“Fredward what do you think your doing?” We heard a girl’s southern accent from the other side of the aisle. “Fredward I go to the bathroom and I see you here trying to fight this nice guy. What is wrong with you Fredward? Let’s go Fredward.” I turned to Dani and saw her trying to hold in her laughter. “Coming, Callie.” ‘Fredward’ answered, rolling his eyes as he walked towards her. “Bye bye Fredward.” I called out. He turned around and flipped me off. Once they were out of sight, Dani and I started laughing, earning a couple of shushes from people around us.

“He just came up to me and I told him to leave but then you came. I’m sorry.”

“What are you apologizing about? I’m not mad at you.” I took her hand in mine, causing her to smile. The movie began causing everyone to quiet down.

~*~

“So how’d you like the movie?” Dani’s mom asked us.

“I loved it. It was so good!” Dani answered. I saw Mike and Calum playing Xbox with Sammy. I walked over to them and watched. Turns out they were playing FIFA and Sammy was beating them 7-1. The game ended, causing Sammy to shout in victory. “What’s the score now? 5-1?” Sammy asked. “Pay up boys.” Michael and Calum groaned, taking out heir wallets and giving Sam $5 bucks each. “Hi Luke.” Sam said after counting his money. “Oh hey Luke.” Cal said. 

“How’d it go?” I asked.

“It went swell. I can’t believe I spent my Friday night getting beat by an 11 year old in FIFA.” Mike replied.

“I guess we should go.” Cal suggested to Mike causing them to get up. “Thanks boys!” Mrs. Gray called out as they walked.

“Anytime.” They both said in unison. I followed behind them to the car. “I’ll see you guys.” I said.

“Did you ask her yet?” Cal asked.

“Nah not yet. I’m waiting for a good moment.”

“Well don’t chicken out.” Mike replied. We said our goodbyes as they backed out of the driveway. I walked back inside, to see Dani alone in the living room. I sat next to her as she put her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her to pull her closer. “Thanks for tonight.”

“It was my pleasure.”
“I had fun.”

“I had fun too. I loved watching you jump in your seat because of the ‘scary’ parts.” I chuckled at the memory. She hit my chest. “It wasn’t funny.”

“Yeah it was.”

“Shut up.” She said as she giggled. Once our laughs died down, I took this as the opportunity. “Dani?” She mumbled something in response. “I wanted to ask you this for a long time now.  But I couldn’t because you know of Johanna. Like I said before, it finally feels right. And I wanted to ask you-“ Before I could ask her the question, I heard a small snore come out of her. “Dani?” No response. I stood up carefully not wanting her to wake up. I picked her up and brought her to her room. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead. “Goodnight, Dani.” I walked out of her room and slowly closed the door. I walked downstairs and saw Mrs. Gray in the kitchen. “Thank you Mrs. Gray. Goodnight.”

“Luke wait.”

“Yes?”

“I know you wanted to ask Dani out.”

“You were eavesdropping?”

“Yes. But I know she would of said yes.”

“How do you know?”

“She talks about you a lot. She definitely likes you.”

“Thanks for telling me that.” I smiled. She nodded. “Can you tell her to call me tomorrow?” She smiled even bigger. “Of course.”

~*~

YAY LUKE’S POV AND HE WANTED TO ASK HER OUT! AW AND HE ALMOST BEAT UP A GUY FOR HER AW. SO MUCH HAPPENING. I’m so sorry this is late but I was busy. Please vote and comment! Thanks for reading xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.1K 39
Bad Boy Luke Hemmings Gets Dared By His 3 Mates To Ask Out Miss Unpopular Lucia, Will He Actually Fall In Love With Her? Will He Break Her Heart?
1.8K 59 33
- Stay a bit after class. I got a brilliant plan - -You'll like it, I promise. Coz knowing you, you'd probs think that it's inappropriate. But FYI, t...
416K 16.1K 70
Genevieve was a girl of simplicity and self value. The bartender down the road was quite the opposite. In which a stupid boy makes a stupid bet with...
13.9K 196 37
A girl named Alexis has this guy who always pushes her around, then another bad boy named Luke Hemmings stands up for her, could she have fell for a...