Together, Always || An After...

By everlarkeverlark

The Hunger Games and the war are over and Panem is at peace once again. Katniss Everdeen is left in District... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note - Please Read!!!
NEW FANFIC YAY
ANOTHER update
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 8

2.3K 74 9
By everlarkeverlark

~Peeta POV~

Katniss needs to eat something. I decide to ignore what she said and make her some cheese buns. She seemed to like them yesterday so I must've been right in remembering that they were her favorite.

After a while of baking I pull the finished cheese buns from the oven. I let them cool on the bench while I tidy up after myself.

When I'm finished I go upstairs with a tray of cheese buns for her but I hear the shower running. I knock and yell that breakfast is ready but get no response. I'll just wait downstairs until she comes out.

After 30 minutes I start to get suspicious. She wouldn't normally take this long. I fidget with the strings on my pajama pants while I wait for a few more minutes.

I should probably go check on her. I knock on the door and get no response again. I put my ear to the door.

A loud sobbing is coming from inside. I burst through the door to find her crouching on the shower floor still fully clothed and sobbing violently. I can hear her mumbling things to herself but I can't quite make out what she is saying. Her hands are clamped tightly over her ears.

"Katniss?"

Her eyes roll back in their sockets and she collapses to the floor.

"Katniss!" I cry.

I swing open the shower door and scoop her up from the floor. After quickly turning the shower off I sprint downstairs, Katniss' head bobbing around in my arms.

I burst through the front door and into Haymitch's house.

"Haymitch? Haymitch!"

"What are you doing in my hou-" he shouts but stops short at the sight of a dripping, lifeless Katniss in my shaking arms.

"What happened?" he asks.
"I don't know! We need to get her to the hospital, now!"

Haymitch runs outside to start the car and I grab a towel to wrap around her soaked body. I cradle her in my arms, kissing her forehead lightly.

"Please, stay with me Katniss."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 692 22
"My name is Peeta Mellark." "I am seventeen years old." "I am in love with Katniss Everdeen" "She betrayed me." "I was in the Hunger Games." "I've be...
Sparks Fly By (:

Fanfiction

22.3K 264 39
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games, but nothing is as she wishes. Katniss' relationship with Peeta is strained, and rum...
164K 3.1K 41
Peeta Mellark x fem!Reader COMPLETED Some editing done but life got busy so there's a couple of short chapters towards the end of Part 1 so sorry for...
141K 3.2K 27
This story is based on after Mockingjay. This story is all about the Epilogue. And we all know what happens in the Epilogue. This fanfic takes place...