Runaways [Kidge fanfic]

By ChillyMillie13

In Galra terms, 'mating' means marriage though the process of it is close to exactly what you would expect fr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 10.

Chapter 9.

1.2K 38 17
By ChillyMillie13

The group took the lion and they went to Keith's old house. It was late at night, so they couldn't go to the Garrison then. But all of them spent the night.

Keith: You guys should probably come with us. The Garrison would want to know that we're all alive.

Hunk, Lance, and Shiro nodded in agreement. Coran decided to go just to get a glimpse of what earth was like. And to help the group with their alibi.

It took a little bit to get here, but the group eventually reached the gate to get into the academy.

-Security: Name, please?

Keith: Keith Kogane.

The blinker beeped red, and Keith remembered he was expelled. Pidge walked up and pressed the button for voice sensing.

Pidge: Pidge Gunderson.

The light beeped red, and Pidge tilted her head. However she soon went pale as she realized the Garrison likely figured out who she really was.

So Pidge sighed, and pressed the button again.

Pidge: Katie Holt.

It blinked red again. Pidge rolled her eyes, she always found it annoying that the machine only accepted the professional names, ignoring the name the person really went by.

Pidge: Kathryn Holt.

The light lit up green and the gate opened, when the group walked in, they were eventually greeted by James and a few cadets. Most who saw them either gaped at Shiro and his metal arm, or wondered about the armor that a couple were wearing.

Even more were staring at Keith if they saw through his helmet. And if they recognized him.

The group entered the building, now led by Shiro, and they walked to Commander Iverson's office.

Shiro knocked on the door, when it opened the person behind it stared at the group in shock. It didn't take long for all of them to be brought in front of Iverson and all military personnel. Shiro and Coran were being questioned on what happened. Pidge, Keith, Hunk, and Lance were practically chewed out.

Pidge, Hunk, and Lance because they went out after hours during a potential lockdown situation. Keith was admonished for breaking into the base and getting everyone off of the radar for over five years. Lance quickly interjected.

Lance: Actually, it was the lion that took us off the radar. Not the animal, the ship. It was on autopilot, so none of us were in control. Even if we were, I was the one at the helm.

Admiral Sanda raised her eyebrow as she heard this, and Coran spoke up.

Coran: He's right, these kids found one of the most famous ships in the universe that was hidden on your planet. And when they met us, they found the other four. I can assure you it probably wasn't their intention to fly off like that, usually the Lions go into autopilot once activated in emergency situations.

Admiral Sanda sighed.

Admiral Sanda: Well, that explains part of it. But why haven't we gotten any word from them for five years? Why did they need to be pronounced dead?

Shiro spoke up.

Shiro: I apologize for not giving a status report. But we were a bit preoccupied with a war that was happening. And it was difficult to reach out with the distance.

Coran spoke again as Iverson and Sanda looked at him.

Coran: The Lions were created to spread peace around the universe. They Lions are somewhat sentient, and choose their pilots, they chose these people as their pilots. And as the lions were very necessary to use for the past five, how did you say? Yeeas? Anyway, that was why they were gone without a status report. We apologize for the inconvenience, but I can assure you that their presence up there for so long was for a purpose.

Commander Iverson nodded in understanding, but saw who Pidge was holding.

Commander Iverson: May we also ask why the youngest is holding a baby? And why Keith looks like a purple humanoid tiger?

Pidge curled up in her seat as she felt a couple disappointed glares at her. Keith wrapped an arm around her.

Keith: That wouldn't just be her fault, Sir. It would also be mine.

A few began glaring at Keith, but nobody was really surprised.

Pidge spoke up quietly.

Pidge: Would it be inconvenient for you to contact my mom, sir...? My father and brother are alive and well as well, but I wasn't sure if you knew that.

Commander Iverson waved his hand.

Commander Iverson: It wouldn't be an inconvenience in the slightest. In fact, we already called her when you opened the gate and walked in. And yes, we know that your father and brother have arrived home safely, but thank you for bringing it up anyhow.

Pidge nodded, trying to look as professional and credible as possible with everyone looking at her like she was the most irresponsible human on the planet.

Admiral Sanda cleared her throat.

Admiral Sanda: So, you mentioned that you were at war against a tyrannical society of Galra? Should I need to point out how strange it is that your teammate and father to your child is a Galra himself?

Shiro raised his hand.

Shiro: With all due respect, ma'am. The last time our team harped on this fact caused the majority of our major shortcomings and problems recently. It caused us to lose two Paladins, one lion who refused to choose another Paladin, Pidge nearly dying from childbirth all alone because she was a afraid we would bring harm to their son. Coran left, Lance left, then Hunk and I left. And for all we know now, the remaining part of the team that still hates Keith is still looking for us.

James spoke up without thinking.

James: I mean... what else could you expect? Keith has caused plenty of trouble in the past.

Keith: Over six years ago, you mean.

James frowned.

James: Try defending yourself when you and the girl with the glasses are able to wait a while and not get yourselves in a tough spot, Hmm?

Keith's ears went down.

Keith: I acknowledge that what happened was a mistake. It was an accident, it was not intentional. But at least I am taking responsibility for it, and so is Katie.

Admiral Sanda tapped Pidge on the shoulder.

Admiral Sanda: Your mother is in the other room to talk to you.

Pidge nodded, Keith offered to hold Marco while she talked to Colleen, which Pidge was grateful for.

Marco immediately snuggled up to Keith, who held him close and comfortably. This made James go a bit quiet.

Pidge walked into the room, locking eyes with her mom. She no doubt knew everything that happened.

Pidge: M—Mom, I... I swear, I can explain, just let me—

Pidge was suddenly pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

Mrs Holt: Oh thank goodness you're okay! Your brother and father told me what happened, now...

Pidge: Wha—OW!

Pidge got smacked over the back of her head, leading her to glare at her mom.

Mrs Holt: That's what you get for drafting yourself into an intergalactic war without telling a single person here!

Pidge groaned and rubbed the back of her head.

Pidge: Ugh... Fair enough... and, the next one is for getting myself knocked up...?

Colleen narrowed her eyes and shook her head.

Mrs Holt: That was it, Katie. There is no "next one". I mean, you're twenty, I was expecting something to happen in the not so distant future, and besides, it's better than you still being a teenager. And it looks like your part of the war is over.

Pidge looked down.

Pidge: Actually... no it's not. We beat Zarkon, but we still have a few major players to take out before we can call it safe.

Colleen rolled her eyes.

Mrs Holt: Well just don't get yourself killed, okay? Now, may I meet this young man you're with and my grandson?

Pidge smiled and nodded. They pulled each other in for another hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 4.2K 19
What happens when a part of Voltron, a paladin to be exact, is taken hostage by the Galra Empire? Would Voltron search far and wide for their missing...
56.3K 1.6K 20
(Klance / Keitor) - (Complete) [SOON TO UNDERGO HEAVY REVISION] Yorak, the part Galra, part Altean, part Human hybrid. Meant to marry Lotor and becom...
238K 8.3K 20
Lance knows that he's annoying. He knows that he's a flirt, and that his jokes are always terrible. That's why the kidnapping by the Galra fleet, did...
7K 203 13
When a mission goes terribly wrong, Keith is captured and raped by the Galra. Together with support from the team, and Lance-- who has a healing touc...