The Detective: Frankiana

By aaszxc

Everything was fine for Detective Hannah Robles until the historic 21 Billion drug raid. Did her boyfriend re... More

CHAPTER 1: Animal
CHAPTER 2: Classic Beef Lasagna
CHAPTER 3: Lie to Me
CHAPTER 4: Slump
CHAPTER 6: Imagination
CHAPTER 7: Detective Salazar
CHAPTER 8: Closure
CHAPTER 9: Tightrope
CHAPTER 10: Compound Compromise
CHAPTER 11: Mind is a Prison
CHAPTER 12: Girlfriend
CHAPTER 13: Sims
CHAPTER 14: Unloving You
CHAPTER 15: Chasing Fire
CHAPTER 16: Highway
CHAPTER 17: Safe with You
CHAPTER 18: Cebu
CHAPTER 19: Shall We Dance?
CHAPTER 20: As You Need
CHAPTER 21: Feelings
CHAPTER 22: Last Goodbye
CHAPTER 23: Empty Sheets
CHAPTER 24: Waste Your Time
CHAPTER 25: Night

CHAPTER 5: Mystery Newspaper Girl

368 16 1
By aaszxc

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Hannah screamed, which almost made the other person in the room jolt out of the queen sized bed.

"Ugh! Can you please just shut up or at least tone down your voice?" The other person said, almost yelling, in irritation.

"No! I'm so stupid! So stupid! So, so stupid!" Hannah exaggerated which made the other person roll eyes.

"AHHHHHHHH!" Hannah screamed again, this time with her face on the pillow to lessen the noise she was making.

"Can you get over it already? We've been through this for a week now."

"No, Soph. I think I'm already in love with her." Hannah admitted.

"You what?" Sophia, Hannah's sister asked in shock, this time already yelling.

Hannah has been in New Zealand with her family for a week now. Her mother and brother were working in an international corporation but her sister Sophia was a freelance photographer, so luckily, she can dedicate most of her time with Hannah now that Hannah is back for a month. All they have been talking, well almost all, about was the mysterious newspaper girl she met at the Starbucks near Treston, and it was starting to get annoying but she couldn't help but to also admire her little sister for having these tantrums. She had not been like this with her past lovers so maybe, Sophia thought, this newspaper girl was something else.

"Soph, why didn't I even ask for her name? Or take a selfie with her? Ugh. I'm so stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid."

Sophia burst out laughing at her younger sibling. "Hannah, you are so whipped!" She said, still laughing hardly.

"I am? Or am I?" Hannah blushed and forced herself not to smile but her lips betrayed her otherwise.

"Gosh, you so are." Sophia commented.

"Is that a bad thing? You know, I'm a girl and she's a girl."

"There's nothing really wrong about it. You can't teach the heart who it admires. We're always here to support you. Okay?" Sophia assured.

"But I don't even know her name." Hannah complained.

"Well, if you see each other again. Make sure the first thing you do is to exchange names. And you better tell me when that happens." Sophia commented, still laughing.

"But what if I never see her again, Sophie?"

"But what if you do?"

Hannah became silent for a while. "Oh my gosh, I'm so whipped!" She finally admitted and it made Sophia laugh even harder, if that was possible.

"You've been telling me about this newspaper girl but you didn't even tell me her physical features. What's it in her that made my little sis this paranoid?" Sophia asked, laughing lightly.

"Am not." Hannah defended herself at the paranoid comment.

"Whatever, but can you tell me?" Sophia asked, intrigued by the newspaper girl's physical appearance.

"Um..." Hannah hesitated before telling, "Well, she has this action star aura."

Sophia rolled her eyes so hard, which made Hannah flinch.

"Okay! Okay!" Hannah complained, and tried to recollect her thoughts before speaking again. "Well, when I saw her, she was sitting at the corner reading a newspaper. There was no other vacant spot, okay? Because I forgot that it was three o'clock and that particular Starbucks was flocked by students and other people at a time like that, so I had to share a table with her. I don't want to sit where there were groups of students and where there were clingy couples, so I had no choice but to sit with her." She explained.

"Uh huh. And then?" Sophia asked, intrigued.

"I was specifically craving for Classic Beef Lasagna that day but my craving was turned down when the barista said that the person before me had bought it, so I had to order another pasta from the menu." Hannah recollected while Sophia was just listening intently.

"When I got seated across her, she was halfway through her lasagna. And that's when I knew she was the customer before me."

"Okay, okay. So the physical appearance?" Sophia asked excitedly.

"Can you just wait, okay?" Hannah almost squealed at the excitement she's feeling. "Well, she's fair-skinned. She has chestnut brown hair, well-trimmed eyebrows, pointy nose, and a beautiful face. She's a foreigner, if not Half-Filipina." Hannah smiled at her description before continuing. "She has very nice nails, and at our first meeting she was wearing a black top, black jeans, and black boots." She continued. "And..." as if prolonging the agony, "she was reading a newspaper."

"Wait, first meeting? So you mean you met more than once?" Sophia interrupted.

"Yes. I first met her the day we arrested that perp who kept 21 Billion drug money in his garage."

"Ohhh. Interesting." Sophia excitedly said.

"Well..." Hannah thought for a while, "The first time we met, she was drinking a tall Hot Espresso and Matcha fusion but the milk substituted for soymilk."

"How'd you know?" Sophia asked.

"Well, I kinda read her cup."

"So doesn't the cup have a name?" Sophia replied.

"Oh! I remember! There's a TODS written in the cup. But I don't know if that's her name or if that was supposed to mean something. TODS as in T-O-D-S." Hannah continued.

"Maybe that's her nickname!" Sophia suggested.

"Maybe. But the second time I met her, her cup says DSS. I don't know what's that supposed to mean."

"Tell me more, tell me more." Sophia said.

"It was the day Captain Romero rewarded me with this trip because he said I was in a slump. It was four o'clock in the afternoon and he gave me the rest of the day off for me to pack my things." Hannah explained as Sophia was just listening intently.

"I went to that Starbucks for the first time in two months. I ordered myself a Classic Beef Lasagna, which luckily was still available, and guess what?"

"What?" Sophia replied almost immediately.

"I ordered her drink for myself because I was intrigued by its taste." Hannah admitted, laughing which made Sophia laugh too.

"The table we were seated the last time we met was vacant so I decided to sit there. I enjoyed my lasagna as more and more people flock the place. And I was about to eat my last bite when she appeared in front of me asking if she can share the table with me. And did I tell you she has a Swedish Accent?"

"Swedish? Wow Hannah. The more you talk the more I'm falling in love with her."

"Hey! Off limits." Hannah protested.

"Okay, girlfriend." Sophia mocked her. "Next, next!"

"So I told her it's okay and that I'd also be going after a while."

"And then?"

"She still has the same International Spy aura except for the denim jacket and the eyeglasses she's wearing at that time. But I got to admit, she's even hotter when she has eyeglasses and a denim jacket on. And I also noticed her small birth mark by her neck."

"Yeah! I'm getting the international spy vibe here." Sophia commented.

"And guess what?"

"What?"

"She was drinking the drink I ordered the last time we met!" Hannah exclaimed.

"What?" Sophia almost yelled.

"Yes Soph! She was drinking a grande Iced Espresso and Matcha Fusion!" Hannah exclaimed again.

"No soymilk substitute?"

"Nuh-uh." Hannah replied while shaking her head.

"It's as if you switched drinks. And then what?"

"So I finished my coffee in comfortable silence while she continued to read her newspaper. And by the time I had to go, I excused myself and thanked her for the comfortable atmosphere, but she replied that she was also finished and she offered to walk with me outside. And she grabbed her unfinished coffee and returned her newspaper in the rack and we walked side by side to the parking lot."

"Awwe, that's so sweet. So what did you guys talk about?"

"Uh, nothing."

"Nothing?!" Sophia exclaimed.

"Yes, nothing. We just walked to the parking lot in comfortable silence."

"Wow. I can't count the times you said comfortable throughout your story." Sophia noted.

Hannah laughed slightly. "So, yeah, when we got to the spot where I parked my car, she was shocked as hell that I was driving a black Peugeot 5008 because she said that's what she was driving too."

"Awwe, talk about destiny." Sophia acted as if with heart eyes.

"And she told me that she'd walk to her car only after I get inside mine, so we bid goodbyes and I hopped inside my car not without looking at her walk away from my side mirror. And I drove to my unit."

"I like how she's gentle with you. And that was really it? You never really asked for each other's name?" Sophia couldn't believe it.

"AHHHHHHHHH! So stupid!" Hannah screamed again causing Sophia to laugh a little.

"But I never really realized that I like her romantically, until I was already halfway through my drive home, and I still can't get the smile off of my face."

"That's so cute."

"But I don't even know if I will ever see her again. I don't know, but I have been craving for her presence after that night."

"But what about your boyfriend?" Sophia asked.

"I don't know Sophie. Prince and I have not been in good terms lately. He has not been talking to me since I paid him a surprise visit the same day I first met the mystery newspaper girl."

"You've been ghosted Hannah. You just can't admit it. And I hope you'll settle things with Prince when you get back. You deserve the closure you're deprived of."

"Yeah, I know."

"Call me as soon as you talked to Prince, okay? And oh! Call me when you meet the mystery newspaper girl again. Don't ever forget that." Sophie said as she enveloped her arms to her little sister.

"Yes po." Hannah replied, reciprocating the hug.

—————
💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Perceptive By tom

Mystery / Thriller

36.6K 650 24
UPDATES ON EVERY TUESDAY! #EDITING Have you ever heard of dreams becoming reality? Reality becoming a question mark? When clouds of confusion blo...
15.9K 552 42
Life...is like every pages of a book,you were the one who will manage to write every chapter of your story,you were the one who will choose which pat...
521 210 28
DISCLAIMER: INCLUDES GRAPHIC SEX SCENES, VIOLENCE, DRUG USE AND LANGUAGE (18+) Finally, a life away from the dark and unforgiving past. A life filled...
8.3K 369 47
||•IN THE PROCESS OF BEING EDITED•|| Nancy is having a boring time; no cases to solve, no mysteries to peep into. So when her friend George Fayne as...