PAIN | Jasper Hale [1]

By typicalwriternerd

"It all started with a look." Dorothea Summers or "Thea", lost a lot in her short life. After a rather recent... More

~PREFACE~
~PROLOGUE~
~CHAPTER 1: ARRIVAL~
~CHAPTER 2: SCHOOL~
~CHAPTER 3: INCIDENT~
~CHAPTER 4: SHOPPING~
~CHAPTER 5: A PROMISE~
~CHAPTER 6: ACCIDENT~
~CHAPTER 8: VAMPIRES?~
~CHAPTER 9: SUNNY DAY~
~CHAPTER 10: MONSTER~
~CHAPTER 11: PART OF FAMILY~
~CHAPTER 12: IT WAS YOU~
~CHAPTER 13: NORMAL~
~CHAPTER 14: SLEEPOVER WITH VAMPIRES~
~CHAPTER 15: VAMPIRE BASEBALL~
~CHAPTER 16: AWAY FROM HOME~
~CHAPTER 17: I LOVE YOU~
~CHAPTER 18: AWAKENING~
~CHAPTER 19: TOGETHER AGAIN~
~CHAPTER 20: HAPPILY EVER AFTER... OR IS IT?~
Part II

~CHAPTER 7: THE BIG BAD SECRET~

19.4K 483 375
By typicalwriternerd

(edited: 16.08.22)

MORNING was fast for me, as I overslept for the first time in years. In this hurry I dressed in whatever was lying around in my room, unfortunately it was cold and I couldn't find any sweater so I just gave up. Praying that I won't get sick.

I only took my phone and wallet in the hurry before running to the truck where Bella was already waiting for me.

"Thea, your jacket!" Bella yelled at me, but I looked at my watch and just got into the car.

"Fuck the jacket, drive! We have only ten minutes!" I shouted as she started to drive.

"Thea you'll get sick, it's freezing outside." Bella reminded, looking worried.

"Bella—" as I started talking, my phone started ringing. I quickly picked up seeing that it's Alice.

"Hey, Thea, where are you?" Alice asked in a worried tone.

I sighed and ruffled my messy curls "On my way with, Bella. I overslept, can you talk to Mr. Molina so he won't leave without us?"

"Of course, I'll talk to him." Alice agreed and I let out a sigh of relief, "But wait. You overslept?"

"Don't remind me Ali, I can't remember the last time I overslept." I responded with a slight laugh, before continuing "Also don't kill me."

"Dorothea Elena Summers, what are you wearing?!" Alice shouted, sounding horrified, making me pull the phone away from my ear.

I laughed nervously "Something that you'll definitely not gonna like."

"Oh Thea is soo dead." I heard Emmett say in the background, making me laugh.

"Okay, Ali. Bella and I will be there in a few minutes so you know, I gotta go and enjoy the last minutes of my life." I responded, before hanging up with a laugh.

Soon we parked in the parking lot, I got out and spotted Alice, Edward and Jasper. As soon as Alice saw me, I could see that she would indeed kill me. I laughed and turned towards Bella, while trying to perhaps scrape some of the paint stains off of my jeans.

"Well Bella, it was nice meeting you."

She smiled at me "Yeah, well I do hope that they won't kill you."

"Yeah, me too. I'll see you later." with that I turned and started to walk towards my friend or should I say future killer.

"Hi." I greeted nervously.

Of course before anyone could respond, Alice was in front of me with a disapproving look "What do you think you're wearing?!"

"The first things that I found in my room?"

Alice looked me up and down and said with a frown "I wouldn't be caught dead in this. I mean, are those paint stains?"

"I know, I know Ali. Even as a dead body you would still be stylish and beautiful. And yes, I was helping Charlie paint the bathroom ceiling over the weekend."

"Impossible. You're right I would be a stylish corpse, now where's your jacket or something? Aren't you cold?" Alice asked, looking worried.

"I'm fine Ali, I didn't have time to find anything." I answered, even though I was cold as hell.

"Alice is right, you'll catch a cold." Jasper stated as he walked towards me and quickly took off his dark green sweater, leaving him in a black turtleneck. Then he walked over to me and handed the sweater to me "Here, wear this."

I looked at him and asked "Aren't you gonna be cold?"

Jasper shook his head with a smile "I'll be fine."

I took the sweater and pulled it over my head, it smelled just like Jasper and it was so big on me that I was swimming in it. I looked up at him as he was looking at me in pure happiness.

"Thanks, I'll give it back to you later." I promised seriously.

He nodded to me and soon we were getting on our bus, all of us sat at the end. Edward sat near the window, Jasper next to him, I next to Jasper and Alice next to me.

"So Emmett and Rosalie didn't come?" I asked in curiosity.

"No, they didn't want to go. So they have classes." Alice, explained.

"Huh, I wish I could stay at home to be honest. I slept quite well today." I said, yawing a bit.

"Oh, I can see that." mumbled Alice with a pout, still eyeing my dirty jeans.

I rolled my eyes at her "Jeez Ali, I promise that I'll wear something better next time." Alice nodded at me and I turned towards Jasper and said "So how did you enjoy the prank?"

At this both Edward and Alice let out a laugh while Jasper glared at me, well he tried as his lips formed into an unwanted smile on his handsome face.

"I'll get you back for that." he promised.

"I'd like to see you try Cowboy." I answered with a smirk.

Jasper shook his head at me with a smile "You're in a good mood today."

That's when I realized that indeed I was in a good mood. I felt so much lighter and happier, like everything was finally alright and I could move on. I looked up at Jasper again "Yeah... I guess I am in a good mood. That's weird."

At this Jasper gave me the brightest smile that I have seen on him. He just looked so happy that I'm better and this made me smile as well. Feeling a little bolder today, I took Jasper's cold hand in mine "Let's hope that it'll stay that way."

Jasper nodded and gently squeezed my hand as a wave of pure happiness hit me, making me smile as bright as I could at the moment.

The rest of the trip was fun as we were joking around and laughing. Even brooding Edward joined me, Jasper and Alice in a game of word associations which quickly turned hilarious. By the time we were leaving the bus, Alice and I were leaning on each other as we were still laughing loudly.

Soon we were walking through the greenhouse as Mr. Molina tried to teach us something, unfortunately for him no one was really listening to him.

"Thea! Look at this flower, it's so pretty." Alice said in pure excitement.

Jasper and I walked towards her looking at the flower that had beautiful red and golden petals, "Wow, it's beautiful."

"It's a Marigold." Jasper stated with a smile, he walked towards us still holding my hand as he reached and quickly snatched the flower, before putting it behind my ear saying "It matches with your hair perfectly."

I blushed, as Alice made an "aww" sound at us before going back looking at the flowers.

We stared into each other's eyes, as I felt the sudden need to memorize every little detail about Jasper's eyes and face. I also noticed that Jasper seemed to be slightly leaning down towards me but at the same time we heard Mr. Molina yell at someone.

"DON'T DRINK THAT! IT'S FOR THE PLANTS!"

The sudden yell made me jump in fright and hit the top of my head against Jasper's chin.

"Auch!" I yelped as I held the top of my head in pain. The hit felt like I hit something metal or a rock.

"I am so sorry Dorothea!" Jasper called out in panic, before prying my hands away from my head saying "Here darlin, let me see."

Jasper leaned down a bit, looking at the top of my head before putting his ice cold hand there, making the pain become duller.

I let out a sigh of relief saying "Ohhhh.. just leave your hand there for a bit. It helps with the pain."

"I'm so sorry, Dorothea." he said with a concerned tone.

"It's fine, I was the one who hit you. How's your chin?" I asked, feeling concerned as well.

"I'm more worried about you."

I laughed a bit ignoring the sharp pain in my skull "Well, not everyone's bone structure resembles metal. I, for one, am quite delicate."

Jasper let out a short laugh saying "I'll keep that in mind."

After about an hour we were leaving the greenhouse, my head didn't hurt anymore which was a good thing. Alice was showing me pictures that she took in the greenhouse, while Jasper followed us still holding my hand occasionally saying something. When we reached our bus we noticed Edward and Bella there.

"Hey Bella, you're coming with us?" I asked.

Edward sent a glare towards Bella and answered before she could "No. Our bus is full"

With that he entered the bus looking pissed off. Alice hesitantly followed him and I felt Jasper do the same, dragging me with him. I sent a worried look towards Bella, but she only turned and went to her bus.

The trip back was more silent, I didn't want to talk to Edward because he was acting like an angsty teenager. I didn't get what his problem was, if he didn't like Bella then he should just fuck off and don't bother her.

The more I thought about it, the angrier I got. Finally, when I was at the edge of snapping, I felt Jasper squeeze my hand as if he knew that I was on the edge. I looked up at him and saw his worried face, his hand started to draw circles on my hand making me relax slightly, then a wave of calmness that washed over me made me sigh peacefully.

"Alice and Edward will drive together, you'll come with me." Jasper said to me as we exited the bus.

"Oh.. yeah." that's when I remembered that I'm going to Jasper's house, wearing some old clothes and his sweater... I sure as hell know how to make a first impression.

Again Jasper seemed to know what I'm feeling, as he asked "What's wrong?"

I blushed, looking down "I'm... not exactly dressed up for the occasion."

Jasper grabbed my chin gently, making me look at him "You look great, besides it's what's on the inside that matters. Also Esme already knows and loves you." he let out a small laugh before adding "And from what I heard, Carlisle also got to meet you."

At that moment my eyes widened and my face burned "The blonde haired doctor from yesterday..."

"Yes" he smirked at me.

"Oh my god! What an embarrassment." I face palmed, remembering how I yelled at the guy in the hospital.

"Well, I have to admit that I didn't know about your temper, Darlin'. I'm quite looking forward to seeing it in action." Jasper said with a grin and his accent more noticeable.

I groaned and shook my head "How about no?"

Jasper shook his head, before taking my hand and leading me towards his car, Alice and Edward already left. Leaving just me and Jasper, we got into the car and Jasper started to drive towards his house.

The drive was mostly silent, but when we got closer Jasper decided to break the silence saying "Thea?"

I smiled at the way he always seemed to use my whole name, "Yes?"

He seemed to be nervous as his whole posture was stiff, after a few minutes he turned and looked at me with his dark gold eyes, saying "You know that, I would never intentionally hurt you right?"

I frowned at his question, but after a minute of thought I responded "Jasper, where is this coming from? I know you wouldn't hurt me, you're my friend... aren't you?"

Jasper sent me a tight smile and took my hand saying "Of course." and with that he turned back towards the road.

Soon we stopped in front of his home. As always Jasper quickly exited the car in order to open my door like a gentleman, offering me his hand. And as always I accepted his cold hand.

We entered the building and I noticed that it was much warmer than yesterday, but I still wore Jasper's sweater. Jasper put his hand on my back, as we were walking up the stairs towards the living room, where the whole Cullen family was already gathered.

Esme was the first to welcome me, as she smiled brightly and hugged me "Oh, Thea it's so good to see you."

"It's good to see you too Esme." I answered while hugging the woman back.

"I was so happy when Jasper told me that you were coming over." Esme added while pulling back in order to look at Jasper. He nodded at her and she nodded back, as if in understanding.

Then the blonde doctor from the hospital walked up to us, joining Esme as he said "It's a pleasure to meet you officially Dorothea. I'm Carlisle Cullen."

I blushed from embarrassment and responded "It's nice to meet you too Dr. Cullen, I have to apologize for my behavior from yesterday."

Dr. Cullen let out a small laugh saying "You don't have to apologize Dorothea, I actually found the situation quite amusing." I nodded softly, still embarrassed, as Dr. Cullen added "Oh, and please do call me Carlisle"

I nodded again saying "Of course, Dr- I mean Carlisle. But please call me Thea, Dorothea is a bit too long and old fashioned."

"I like your name." I heard Jasper say as he looked down at me with a smile "It's unique, like you."

I blushed red as he said that in front of his whole family, clearing my throat I replied "Thank you."

That's when I heard someone gag and it was Emmett, as he walked towards me. He quickly picked me up in the air making me yelp in surprise and Jasper snap "Emmett!" in the tone that I didn't hear him use. It was really authoritative and hard, but it didn't seem to stop Emmett as he spun me around the room.

When he finally put me down he grinned at me "Hey there, Red!" Emmett ruffled my short hair before saying to Jasper "Chill out bro, see nothing happened."

Once I tamed my hair, I glared at Emmett "Cut it out, Emmett. I'm not a doll."

Emmett let out a laugh as he said to Jasper "Wow, she's really dangerous isn't she?"

"Emmett, leave her alone. She's our guest." Esme scolded in a motherly tone, making Emmett pout and step back, as Jasper cut him down with a stare "Now let's sit shall we?"

We all went to sit down on the couches, soon me and Jasper were sitting in a love seat as the others were scattered around the room. I started to feel a bit nervous, but I noticed that they also seemed on edge.

"Well Thea, I'm sure that you must be very curious as to why we're all here." Carlisle started, looking at me kindly.

I nodded "Yeah, a bit." I didn't even notice as my hand somehow found Jasper's.

"Thea with the growing connection that you have with our family, and especially Jasper. We all thought that it would be safer for you, if you knew something about us. But we all must ask you to keep it a secret." Carlisle warned, looking at me in expectation.

"Of course, whatever it is I'll keep it to myself." I replied honestly.

All of them smiled at me, as Carlisle and Edward nodded towards each other. Then Carlisle looked at me and stated "Thea we're, what many might call... vampires."

I looked at them, as everyone seemed to stop breathing, Jasper's hand squeezed mine which hurt a bit. But I guess they didn't expect me to do what I did.

And I started laughing loudly, clearly confusing everyone in the room. Then I looked towards Jasper and patted his back.

"I can't believe it! That's your plan on pranking me back? That's not original at all!"

Jasper seemed to be so shocked that he froze looking at me, as if I was an alien or something. But quickly seemed to shake himself from the shock and said seriously "Thea, it's true. It's not a prank."

I snorted "Yeah, sure and I'm a mermaid."

That's when I heard Emmett let out a sigh, as he somehow ran across the room so quickly that only a blur could be seen and then he effortlessly picked up the piano with one hand. And that made me stop laughing as chills ran down my spine, I jumped up from the couch looking at the whole family in shock.

"What..." I mumbled, not quite knowing what to do with myself.

"Edward?" Carlisle asked, his eyes not leaving me.

Edward sighed, responding "She's spiraling. I told you that telling them out right was a bad idea."

"What?" I asked again, watching them with a frown, my breaths getting shallower.

Jasper looked ready to walk over to me, but it was Esme who got up, put a hand on his shoulder, as if to keep him sitting and slowly walked over to me "Thea, dear calm down. We won't hurt you."

I started choking slightly as tears started gathering in my eyes blocking my vision a bit, that's when I saw Alice walk over to me looking hurt and worried. She was closer than Esme and tried to put a hand on my shoulder, but my body flinched slightly.

Alice smiled at me softly and held her hands up, to show me that she didn't mean me any harm "Thea, it's me Alice. Please calm down, you're having a panic attack. You need to breathe okay?"

My head got a bit light headed, as I choked out "I-I c-can't..."

That's when I felt a gust of wind as a pair of cold but gentle hands grabbed my shoulders "You need to take a deep breath Darlin'. Listen to my voice okay?"

I shook my head, still having trouble breathing. At that moment I stopped being scared of them, I was more scared of what was happening to me.

"Carlisle, you need to help her!" Jasper roared, his cold hands starting to squeeze my shoulders painfully.

"Jasper, your hands!" Alice yelled.

And just like that, as I tried to take another breath, the world around me turned into complete darkness.

What do you think will happen next?
How will Thea cope with all of this?

If you have any question or idea please leave a comment ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 75.7K 111
She's got the eyes of innocence, The face of an angel, A personality of a dreamer And a smile that hides more pain, Than you can ever imagine. #1 bel...
976K 25K 106
˜"*°•.˜"*°• Dorothea Caddel, is born into a wealthy family that can easily give her a plane or a planet to her wishes but what if something deep is h...
252K 6.6K 27
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have gotten inside him, or into the air all around him. She had be...
310K 2.3K 12
Cassandra "Cassie" Swan, moves with her twin sister, Isabella "Bella" Swan, to Forks to live with her dad. Having already come to terms with how her...