How To Steal A Heart

By NightTime_Storiexs

Highest rankings: Frenemies: #1 (2nd May 2020) Charming: #2 (19th July 2020) Follow my Instagram for any upda... More

Driveway
Air mattress
Shopping cart
Reunion
Step one
Home alone with you
Group date
Step two
William
Hide and seek
Hike
Basorexia
Paint twister
Too close
Memories
Ryan
Aggravating
Bad influence
First date
Chasing
Charlie
Movie marathon
This summer
Moving out
Pool day
Miami
Exhausted and upset
Cut short
Love?
Regret
Break it
Laundry disaster
Grounded?
Alone
You've got to be fucking kidding
Secret
Eve
A/N
I love you
Epilogue

Blamed

10.1K 322 334
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter twenty-one: Blamed (Madison's POV)

I entered my room and leaned my back against the door, sighing in relief. "I saw you two." I jumped about three feet in the air, hit the back of my head on the door, and hit my knuckle on the door. 

"Jesus!" I exclaimed while standing up straight while rubbing the back of my head and shaking the pain out of my knuckle. "Oh, ow!" I winced. 

"You went ice skating with him," she stated. 

Um- hello, excuse me?! Does she not see the heart attack and pain she just caused me? 

I'm done with her bullshit. 

"So?" I folded my arms across my chest. "We were hanging out," I shrugged. 

"It was a date, Maddie. You dressed up," she gestured to me. I closed my eyes and bit my tongue to keep anything I would regret from spilling out. "You two can't go out, Madison," she huffed. 

"You're not one to tell me that. You're going out with his best friend and he doesn't have a problem, why do you?" I questioned in frustration. 

"Because Noah isn't like Jacob and I'm not either," she stood up. 

"And what is Jacob like?" I arched an eyebrow at her. 

Way to get defensive, Mads. 

"He wrecked my parents' car, you tell me," she glared. 

"He didn't wreck that car alone, you know," I mumbled only loud enough for me to hear. I'm the only person that knows this, apart from the two involved. Jacob and Noah. Jacob wasn't in the driver's seat when the car crashed. Noah was. Jacob was the one who got the car out of his house and he was responsible for it which is why he got blamed. Noah never came clean and Jacob never ratted him out. I would have but he made me swear not to. "He wasn't the only drunk one in that car, okay? And he hasn't done anything wrong after that. He changed, it's not so complicated," I rolled my eyes while walking to my dresser and taking my earrings off. 

"I don't care, you can't see him!" she demanded. 

"Would you listen if he said you can't see Noah anymore?" I asked. 

"No, because Noah and Jacob are nothing alike!" she shouted. 

"Don't raise your voice at me, Julia. This is not what I'm fucking here for and if all you wanna do is yell, then you can get the fuck out of my room." 

That shut her up. 

"You know you can't just barge into my room when I'm not home like you own it, because frankly, you don't." I opened the door, waiting for her to walk out. "So get out," I said. 

"That's how you're gonna talk to me? I'm your best friend," she scoffed. 

"If you were, you wouldn't be so unsupportive and demanding. Julia, get out." I rolled my eyes. She stomped away and I sighed in relief. I shut my door, grabbed my pajamas and washed my face and changed. I came out into my room and began doing some homework to get my mind off of it. I only had one worksheet left and I need something else to take my mind off of it. I groaned into a pillow when there were two knocks at my door. 

I turned to see Jacob coming inside. "Hey," I said as I began pulling all the sheets together, putting them in my bag. 

"Hey, you okay?" he asked. 

"Mm-hmm," I continued filing and refiling those sheets to avoid eye contact. 

"Mads." I didn't turn around to face him. "Mads," he sighed. 

"I'm fine," I shrugged. 

"Madison," he grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. 

"I'm fine," I replied. 

"I heard her," 

I looked up at him. 

"And I heard you too." I began chewing the inside of my cheek out of nervousness. "You really talked to my sister that way, huh?" he chuckled. 

"Look, I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so rude and snap at her like that but-" 

He cut me off, "You had every right to. Even I'm getting sick and tired of her demanding that we can't see each other. We can see each other if we want," he shrugged. 

"I shouldn't have been so harsh," I sighed. 

"She was being a bitch, Mads," he shrugged slightly. 

"Really?" I deadpanned. That's his sister, he has to be a little biased. 

"You could have been a little less harsh but, I'm glad you didn't," he said while pulling me into a hug. 

"Can we go somewhere tomorrow?" I asked as an idea popped into my head. 

"Sure, where?" he asked. 

"I'll tell you in the morning," I said while pulling away. 

"Is this another date?" he taunted. 

"No, not at all, it's a day out for me. You're just keeping me company," I pulled away and patted his shoulder. 

"I don't get a hint?" he chuckled as I put the last of the sheets into the file, and back into my bag. 

"Nope," I shrugged while leaning against my desk. 

"Would I like the place?" he asked while stepping closer, and placing his arms on the desk behind me, trapping me between him and it. 

"Yes, you will love it," I answered his question. 

"Alright then. What time are we gonna go?" he asked. 

"Say after lunch?" I asked and he agreed. 

"Are you gonna come downstairs for dinner?" he asked while stepping back.

"I think I'll pass tonight," I chuckled awkwardly. 

"Because of her? Mads, come on," he tugged at my hand. 

"I'm kinda tired, Jacob. Not tonight," I said softly. 

"Okay, not tonight," he shrugged before lying on my bed. 

"What are you doing?" I asked in confusion. 

"What?" he played dumb. 

"Aren't you going for dinner?" I chuckled while standing at the foot of my bed. 

"If you're not going then what am I gonna do with those three? Third-wheel with Nick and Riley or talk to Julia?" he rolled his eyes. 

"Talk to Julia, she's your sister," I huffed. 

"Oh yeah, I completely forgot, because that makes it so much better," he said sarcastically. 

"Just because your sister's mad at me doesn't mean she has to be mad at you," I arched an eyebrow at him. 

"Um- excuse me? Where have you been? She's mad at us for seeing each other," he replied. 

"No, she's mad at me for seeing you. You're her brother and she may be mad at you, but she's bound to be a little biased towards you," I explained. 

"Over her best friend?" He gave me a pointed look. 

"I think that's just a saying at this point," I sighed while sitting on the foot of the bed. 

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down to lay down with him. "Why?" he pouted. 

"I don't think your sister's my best friend anymore," I mumbled hesitantly. 

"Don't overthink it. If she comes around, she comes around. If she doesn't," he paused, "Then she doesn't," he shrugged. 

"Jacob," I turned to him. 

"Yeah?" he asked. 

"Do you think we should tell Julia what really happened that night with the car? It's for fair that you keep getting blamed for something that you didn't even-" 

"Telling her the truth means telling her that Noah's the one who did it. And Noah is her boyfriend. I don't see that working out in our favor really well," he shook his head. 

I huffed while groaning into my palms. "This whole thing is so messy, Jacob. I didn't think it would be that way." We heard chaos downstairs so we went out to see what was happening. 

I wasn't surprised, I was pissed. 

"Julia, come on. Don't be so immature," Riley huffed. 

"I'm not being immature, I'm just going to spend a few nights at my boyfriend's," she chuckled dryly while zipping up her bag. "Like you do, Riley," she said rudely. 

"Hey! I've been staying here since before you moved in, alright? This house isn't yours just because you live in it," Riley snapped. 

"Riley!" I looked at her wide-eyed. 

"No, Madide. I'm done with her shit. Ever since Jacob got here, she's been sitting with this frown on her face, throwing a hissy fit at everything. I can't take it anymore. We all tried to cheer her up and make her laugh but she doesn't even want it," Riley huffed while explaining. 

"She gets to live here with you guys and she's over here complaining about it. If she doesn't want to then hey, I'll take it," Riley glared at Julia. "Everyone here has been trying to make her feel better because she sees the situation differently, it's her brother and her best friend, but that doesn't mean she takes advantage of the fact that we're being nice and acts rude and stuck up like she has all the rights in the world to act that way, because frankly, she doesn't," Riley huffed before sitting on the barstool, folding her arms across her chest. 

"I act that way because it is my brother and my best friend!" Julia shouted defensively. 

"You're dating his best friend too?" Nick pointed out. 

"Yeah well, I'm not a fucking player like he is, Nick," Julia scoffed. 

"I'm not fucking playing her, Julia. Don't you get it? I like her! I fucking like her!" Jacob yelled. 

Everyone jumped a little. I don't think anyone expected him to lash out like that. She's been giving him snide remarks that I've overheard that he never told me about. 

"You guys expect me to live here when you treat me like this?" Julia asked. 

Why is she even trying to act innocent?  

"So don't," Jacob, Riley, and Nick all said in sync. 

"Guys, wait-" I tried to intervene but it was beyond Julia not being comfortable with Jacob and me, it was about how sick and tired everyone got of her shit. "Guys, she doesn't usually act like this, we can't kick her out we-" 

Nick cut me off, "She doesn't usually act like this, you're right. But that doesn't excuse her now. It isn't her house anyway," Nick shrugged. 

"Hey, that's my sister," Jacob glanced at Nick. "But you're right. It isn't her house, or mine, or Riley's. It's yours," he looked between Nick and me. 

"You two decide," Riley agreed.

"Are you guys fucking serious? Fine," Julia threw her arms up before we even said anything. "I don't want to live here anyway!" she shrugged and stormed off. 

"Guys," I sighed before going after her. "Julia, wait," I huffed while catching up to her before she got in Noah's car. 

"What?" she turned to me with a glare. 

"I wasn't going to let them kick you out, Julia, you're my friend. This is all really stupid just come back inside and we can-" I grabbed her arm but she pulled it away. 

"I am not fucking going back in there," she said in complete seriousness before getting in the car as they drove away. 

I ran my hand through my hair while sighing before going back in there. "She wasn't gonna stay, Maddie," Nick shook his head. 

"She could have. This is so stupid. If she was so uncomfortable with Jacob and me then..." 

My words got caught in my throat. 

"Then what?" Jacob asked. 

"Then she would've taken the time and gotten over it. Now she's gone."   

.

.

.

.

.

Dramatics 100 ya'll

Julia really be a bitch thooo

Please vote and comment <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 14K 45
Highest rankings: Exes: #1 (4th July 2020) Bad boy: #1 (3rd July 2020) Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123...
396K 10.2K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
5.2M 148K 73
#1 in Romance, 23rd May 2020 "Precious, I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but you're never going on that date." And before I could pro...
310K 3.7K 40
𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄- A stubborn grumpy girl, who lost mother when she was just a kid. Soon she finds out she has to move from Australia to America...