Brave Bold Belle (ft. Liam Pa...

By BelWatson

I've always been a different kind of girl. That girl whose best friends were books but never kids her age, an... More

Before Reading!
Prologue - Unwanted Fairy-tale
Chapter 1 - The Deal
Chapter 2 - The Contract
Chapter 3 - The Jerk
Chapter 4 - Invitation
Chapter 5 - Birthday Party
Chapter 6 - Lies
Chapter 7 - The Treat
Chapter 8 - Tabloids
Chapter 9 - The Dress
Chapter 10 - The Call
Chapter 11 - Ariel Hamilton
Chapter 12 - Girlfriend's Duty
Chapter 13 - Fake Date
Chapter 14 - Nicer
Chapter 15 - Introductions
Chapter 16 - Premiere
Chapter 17 - A Thank You Dinner
Chapter 19 - Thoughtful
Chapter 20 - Effort
Liam's POV
Chapter 21 - Meeting the Family
Chapter 22 - Rehearse Dinner Party
Chapter 23 - Disaster
Chapter 24 - New Approach
Chapter 25 - Boyfriend
Chapter 26 - Proud
Chapter 27 - A Good Kisser
Chapter 28 - Blurry
Chapter 29 - Paris
Chapter 30 - Like A Real Couple
Chapter 31 - Ethics
Chapter 32 - Brussels
Bonus Content: Waking Up
Chapter 33 - Walls
Chapter 34 - Weight
Chapter 35 - Deadline
Chapter 36 - Breakup
Chapter 37 - Wedding
Chapter 38 - Goodbye
Chapter 39 - Moving On
Chapter 40 - Fighting
Epilogue - For Happy Endings

Chapter 18 - Unnecessary Things

49.6K 3K 820
By BelWatson

      Liam asks me if I want to go somewhere else but I feel quite uneasy right now so I decline. I can't relax after the things he's said and how he's acted so far, so I just sit uncomfortable and focus on my fingers, which look rather fascinating tonight, if I say so myself.

"You're awfully quiet, Belle," Liam notices and I don't even look at him. "Is there something wrong? Do you feel poorly after the meal?" For some reason, he actually sounds concerned.

"I'm fine, just tired," is my quick response and I do not make eye contact.

Maybe I ate something that I shouldn't have, because I feel weird now, however, I'm sure once I rest a bit and put distance between Liam and I everything will be fine. People who change so easily and behave unpredictably aren't people you should trust. Liam acts like a total jerk one day, then as a caring person as if he actually gave a shit about me the next. It's likely that he's a good actor but people who act in real life aren't reliable, either. His uncertain behaviour makes me uncomfortable.

"You sure?" he insists and I nod. "Okay, I'll drive you home but if something is wrong let me know, I'll take care of it."

I look at him for a second because something sounds off in that statement but I can't put my finger on it.

"You have nothing to worry about, Liam," I assure him and he looks back at me briefly before focusing on the road again.

I go back to pay attention to my hands until I realise we are in front of my home so it's time to say goodbye. I actually hurry and by the time I'm on the sidewalk, Liam is also there.

"I'll walk you to the door. Isn't that what a boyfriend should do?" he ponders and I'm surprised. Is he actually trying to be a gentleman or does he learn that fast? "Plus, you never know if a paparazzo is hidden somewhere."

Ah, that makes more sense, he's keeping up with the pretence. Uff, that actually is a relief.

I nod and we walk side by side until we reach the door of my home.

"Thank you for tonight," I say politely facing him and keeping a collected expression.

He smiles kindly. Yes, kindly.

"It was my pleasure. I'll call you soon, okay? So we can go out again before the tour kicks off," he reminds me and I nod.

"Sure. Havi will call me with the details and whatnot," I say even if I heard he said he would call me. That's Havi's job, after all, it's what should happen.

But Liam shakes his head. "No, this is our relationship, so I'm taking care of it. I'll call you," he insists.

"It's a fake relationship, you don't have to bother," I make sure he doesn't forget that.

Liam sighs heavily as if he were losing his patience. "Belle, I asked for a girlfriend, not another job."

"What does that mean?" I ask because I have a bad feeling.

"I'll call you, Belle. Good night," he states before he places his palm on the door behind me, caging me and then he leans in faster than I can react. In a blink of an eye his lips are on mine and then they are gone.

He doesn't say anything else, just turns on his heels and walks away. I stay there, blinking in confusion and shock until I can react. I shake my head and release the air I was holding. I push every thought at the back of my mind and just walk inside my house. I refuse to think about all this, about Liam because it's irrelevant.

After two days I don't even care anymore. I realise I was having a weird day that night because my period was near and Liam just caught me off guard. During my period I become a more unstable person, so it's normal I don't react the same way I would in some situations.

The problem is that when Liam calls me again, I'm already in my period and even if I wish I could stay home the whole day because my uterus is killing me, I have to be responsible.

"Hello, Belle. What are your plans after work?" he asks when I pick up his call at lunchtime.

Going home and crawl into my bed until I fall asleep, I reply in my head but out loud I say, "going home."

"Oh great, then I'll pick you up so we can go somewhere, what do you think?"

I think crawling into my bed sounds better, I wish I could say, but instead my words are, "okay."

"Are you okay? You sound dead," he actually sounds concerned and I just sigh.

"A kid got sick today in class. You don't wanna know what happened, just that I'm exhausted and that I've lost my appetite for three days."

"Ew," he says and I surprise myself when a chuckle escapes my lips.

"Yeah, basically that," I laugh.

"Okay, so I won't take you to eat. That's for sure," he muses and I still keep the smile on my lips.

"It's a wise decision," I comment easily. "Anyhow, the bell is about to ring and I have work to do. I'll text you the address of the school. See you later," I say when I notice the time.

"See you later," he promises and we hang up. Only when I stand up and I see my reflection on the window I notice the smile on my lips and realise I was just talking to Liam and I didn't lose my shit, we actually had a nice conversation.

Maybe I'm a bit high with the medicine for the menstrual cramps.

The afternoon actually goes by quickly and I'm feeling better by when my working day is over. I have work to do at home but nothing too demanding so I don't worry when I remember Liam is supposed to pick me up.

He smiles at me when he sees me and takes off the shades he is wearing. It's a primary school but classes finished an hour ago so that's probably why he doesn't mind taking off the shades and letting people recognise him.

I walk up to him who's leaning against his car, but as I get closer his smile disappears. "Belle, you okay? You look pale," he worries taking a step closer and cupping my cheek. I step back and shake my head, bringing a smile to my lips.

"I'm fine, just tired. Really," I reassure him. "Anyhow, let's go 'cos I don't wanna go back late. I have work to do," I tell him next and he nods but he actually looks concerned. "Hey, relax. The worried expression doesn't match your rockstar image."

He doesn't reply, instead he just opens the door for me and I nod in acknowledgement and gratitude. Then he's behind the wheel and driving somewhere, I don't know where.

"Have the kids given you a bad time these days? I meant after we made it public," he asks and I know he refers to our fake relationship.

"They stare at lot but they haven't said anything. A teacher whose daughter loves you told me she couldn't believe I was dating you. She asked me how it happened so I told her because of my father that works at your label. I'm telling you in case we have to match stories, you know. It's easier to lie when you just manipulate the truth. Besides that, everything has been the same," I reply and he nods.

He doesn't make further queries until we make it to a shopping mall and I sigh. I'm feeling better than this morning but not even when I'm feeling fine I like coming here.

"Let's go," he ushers me and I sigh heavily as I get out the car.

He takes my hand and we walk together but I doubt I look happy. I can't even pretend because I'm not at my full potential today, but I try. Plus, he reminds me that there should be loads of fans here so we need to look like a couple.

We walk aimlessly for a while so I decide to ask him, "what did we come here for? Do you need to buy something? Because we already came once quite recently."

"We are gonna look for your dress for the rehearsal dinner," he says. "I'll buy you any dress you want, so pick the best. Don't mind the price," he says and I blink in surprise, digesting his words.

"You don't have to, Liam," I reply and we stop. He looks at me confused. "You don't need to buy my dress, I'll take care of that."

"But I want to. You're my girlfriend and I want to buy you the dress. I want to give you the best," he insists and even if that sounds like something nice, there's an edge of desperation in his voice, urgency and that raises my suspicious.

"You really don't have to, Liam. And there's still some time left. I even think I have a dress I could use. And even in the case I have to buy a dress, it's in the contract that the label will take care of the expenses. It's not your job," I remind him and he looks away with an annoyed expression.

"I wanna do it. It's my money and I spend it as I want, and I want to buy your dress. Is it so hard to accept?" He sounds angry now so I just roll my eyes.

"Fine, do what you want with your money but I'll pick the dress I want and it won't be anything slutty," I state matter-of-factly and he snorts.

He starts walking again and doesn't let go of my hand. Like that he leads me to some fancy shops that scare me. I don't want a designer dress, even if they are beautiful. I would feel uncomfortable if he bought me such a dress. That's why even if I love many of the dresses I see, I don't let Liam know.

We spend hours in the shopping mall but I don't pick a single dress because Liam only takes me to extremely expensive shops and I won't let him buy me a dress like that. I feel quite cheap when I see our pictures on the tabloids, I don't want to feel more like a hooker by accepting a dress like that. I know I'm getting paid to date him, but it's different when he pays me, even if it's not in cash but other material things.

"You're more picky than I imagined," he complains when he's driving me home.

"Maybe I'm just more simplistic. I don't like things that fancy," I say even if it's not quite like that. I fell in love with several dresses during our dress hunting, but Liam must not know that.

"You're just picky," he pouts and I chuckle at how childish he looks right now.

"Don't worry, I'll find the dress on my own."

"But I wanted to give it to you," he insists and I roll my eyes.

"I keep telling you there's no need for that. It's better if you don't."

"Why? I like buying things for my friends now that I can. I really can give you the best dress out there, Belle. Why is so hard to accept that?" he questions and I sigh.

"Because I know the value of money and how hard it's to earn it. I don't feel comfortable spending such an irrational amount of money on one dress. Plus, it's not like we are friends, you don't have to buy me things at all."

"No, you're not my friend," he agrees and I smile at him like I do when my students get the right answer. "You're my girlfriend."

I just roll my eyes and give up on this argument. He won't understand my point, plus I don't want to hear him repeating that I'm his girlfriend. Besides, he doesn't even mention this is all fake. It's almost as if he's forgotten about it.

But after today I learn something about Liam and this need to buy things for others, or for friends as he put it before. For what I've noticed, and the way he spends his money buying outrageous presents for his friends, it's that like that he shows his affection and at the same time keeps his friends close. It's not just being nice, it's actually trying to buy their friendship.

One night he invited me to dinner with a group of friends—Andrew wasn't there though—and it was at the most expensive restaurant in London and he paid for everything and didn't even bother to see what he was paying for. He asked for the most expensive champagne bottles and dishes. Things no one could pronounce and I thought it was ridiculous.

And he keeps doing that, buying everything for everyone he knows. I know he's made loads of money but this is absurd. Real friends wouldn't mind if you eat in some fancy French restaurant or some local bar, but Liam doesn't seem to realise that.

And he keeps trying to buy me things. Clothes, accessories, trying to take me to fancy restaurants, and whatnot. Places that don't even make me comfortable. I don't need him to buy me a Burberry's coat because every time he tries to put some renowned brand on me I feel like he's trying to buy me.  

"Stop it!" I snap one day when he's come to pick me up for another date with a big Chanel bag, clearly a present for me. "Liam, what are you trying to do? I don't need these presents. I don't want you to change my wardrobe or anything. All these things make me really uncomfortable," I complain pushing the bag back to him.

"I'm just trying to be nice!" he protests and I roll my eyes.

"It feels more like you're trying to buy me, Liam. And you do the same with your friends. You don't share with them, you just spoil them. Are you sure they hang out with you because of you or because your money? If you didn't have a quid, would they still call you?" I question in a sharp voice but I try to tell him with my eyes that I'm not just being mean or something. I've actually noticed this behaviour in him the last week and I'm trying to help.

He doesn't reply.

"That's not how you keep friends, Liam. I'm not expert, but even I know that."

"Then what am I supposed to do, uh?" he snaps, frustration clear in his expression.

I sigh heavily, surprised that he doesn't realise. "Think of them. Do things they like, too. Don't just impose your likes. I hate shopping yet you always take me to the mall and try to buy me things. I would rather anything else. Caring means you know what your friends like and try to share those things with him. Material things won't keep them with you."

He once again doesn't say anything and I sigh. I don't even know why I bother that much it's just that I don't want him to keep trying to buy me with material things. I don't want to feel like a hooker whom he pays with designer clothes.

"Plus, why are you even trying with me? We are not friends and we are together just because we signed a contract," I remind him and his expression becomes sour now. "Don't do unnecessary things, Liam."

"I do what I want, Belle," he says and grabbing the bag he turns on his heels and leaves my home. I blink in surprise for a few seconds and then I just shrug. I'm already getting used to his mood swings.

-:-:-

So guys... you've been asking for Liam's POV. Would you really like to read that? Let me know!

Bel, xx

PS: The description of "It's Just Ann" (book 4) is available, so you can add that book to your library already.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305 2 29
Princess Morgan Annie Spencer. That's my name. I've had it for almost 200 years (certain travels may vary). My sixteenth birthday is in about a two m...
13.8M 391K 39
Yes, I lost my father and he was the best man in the whole world. Yes, I have a stepmother who is a witch and whom I hate most passionately...
1.4K 52 18
𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂 (6) "She's dead." "Dead? What does that mean?" The young girl asked with morbid curiosity. "It means, she isn't here...
50.5K 1.2K 35
'I wouldn't mind being with you, you topless Jaffa Cake..' You {Y/N} are currently attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and you are...