The Royal Proposal

By AuthorCYPhere

Emilia Violet Ellis, the Director of Cora's company- is one of the leading electronic companies based in NYC... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 28

2.1K 88 1
By AuthorCYPhere

Emilia Ellis

I put Buttercup on her bed. One side of my room was redecorated and was made into her little corner. Her bed was there, there was cubby on top of her bed that was filled with toys for her to play. I want to take pictures with her and hang some pictures of us around the room.

I checked my emails before going to bed. Leslie emailed me, that she is coming back on Monday and said she was doing better and thanked me for the time off, which I gladly explained was absolutely fine and necessary and was glad she is doing fine.

I didn't realize it was midnight already by the time I checked all my emails. I do receive quite a lots of mails during weekend as the staffs have quite a lot of questions especially on weekends.

My phone rang when I was getting ready for bed. Chase's name lit up on the screen and I frowned a little. He never calls this late.

"Hello?" I answered the call a little worried.

"Uh.. is this Emilia?" It wasn't Chase though.

"Who's this? Where is Chase?" I asked.

"This is Cody, you remember me right?"

"Yes. Where's Chase? Why are you using his phone to call me?"

"He's overly drunk and we are in a club."

My heart sunk a bit. I thought he said he was going for dinner..

"And." I whispered.

"He's not willing to leave the club. We will get kick out and most likely get blacklisted. I need your help."

"What are you guys doing over there?"

"We were having dinner in a restaurant and some paparazzi made some scene and he was mad and upset, that's why we came here and now he's too drunk and too wild."

"I'm not sure if I should be there.." I said hesitantly.

"Please." He said. "He keeps calling your name whenever some woman is passing by.. it's getting us lots of attention."

I don't know what to feel about this..

"I'm coming, text me the address." I said.

I got ready. I just changed into a jeans and pulled on a black hoodie and kissed buttercup lightly. I have to let someone know that I left buttercup by herself. I might have to ask the night duty staff to watch her. Daniel must be asleep by now. I explained to the staff about Buttercup before putting on classic Vans and went to the garage and got on the Mercedes. I adjusted the mirrors and the seat and pulled out of the garage. The securities cams forward and I rolled down my window. They were hesitant to open the door for me to go out.

"Would you like us to call someone to drive you?" One of them ask, hesitantly. I know.. he didn't want to ask-but Daniel must have made them do this.

"Don't worry about it. I should be fine."

He winced lightly and nodded his head. It wouldn't be a good idea to argue with me right now. I would have snapped at him and regret it later. I thanked them and drove to the club that was fifteen minutes away from my place. People were still lining up outside the club to get in. I doubt I will be allowed to get inside the club with my outfit and I have never been to a club before, so I don't know how it works. Do I stand in line or Do I confront the bouncer?

I doubt I would be of any help coming over here. I have no idea what to do..

I called Chase and was glad when Cody picked up.

"I'm outside. How do I get in?" I asked.

"Go to the bouncer and tell him your name. You should be able to get in."

"Uh.. I'm not famous."

"Chase should have put your name in the VIP list with his name."

"What?" I have no idea what he was talking about.

"Later. Just tell him your name.."

And I just did that and the bouncer looked at the list and surprisingly he allowed me in not before giving my outfit a weird look. I know, I don't belong here.

The music was too loud and it was so dark. I walked down the stairs. People were grinding on each other with the music's beat, couples making out with each other against the wall. Some people walking around serving drinks. I felt so uncomfortable over here. I looked around and saw Cody waving at me, they were sitting at the bar. I see Chase, his back was facing towards me. I pushed through the crowds and towards them. I don't think after tonight, I will be coming here anytime soon. This place is too loud and way too many people for my comfort.

"Chase." I called out over the loud music. He was drinking some kind of alcohol and he turned quickly and he give me a wide smile.

"You're here." He turned all the way to look at me. His eyes was bloodshot and I was worried about him. He pulled me close to him and hugged me, his head snuggled to my neck.

"Thank you for coming. I know it was super late to ask for this request. If he get blacklisted in his own club, that would be a shame." Cody said frowning.

"He owns this place?" I asked.

I hope Chase is not sleeping, I can feel his body weight on me.

"Yes." He said.

"Can they throw their boss out?"

"I'm the other boss and I was planning to throw him out." Cody teased. "I'm joking." And his face turned serious and grim. "I don't want him to do something stupid and then someone post it online or sell it to those hungry sharks."

"What you want me to do?" I asked hesitantly. "You could have took him home?"

"I could have, but he wouldn't listen to me. He's very stubborn. You must have notice that."

"I doubt I could be of any help." I said shifting to another foot to hold his weight on me.

"Trust me, you are of big help."

"Chase." I said. "Are you asleep?" I asked as I tried pulling away. He mumbled something, incoherent and didn't move from that position.

"How did you come here?" He asked.

"By car.." I said.

"Okay, perfect. I will help you take him to your car. Can I ask for your keys? I will ask someone to bring it to the back exit and we can take him out from there."

I handed him the key, "it's a black Mercedes A-class sedan."

"Thanks." He said and left me with him.

"Stay awake with me." I said to him. "We are going home."

He shifted and moved away, "No. why? Come, let's have a drink with me." He turned around to call the bartender. "What would you like?" He asked me as the bartender quickly walked to us.

"Just water for him, please." I said to the bartender who give me a nod.

Chase literally pouted. "I want to drink some more." And then scowled at me.

"Let's go home." I said putting my hands on his arm and he pulled his arm away and turned to get the bartender's attention. I was hurt by his move. He's so different compare to sober Chase. This Chase is like a stranger to me or maybe I just didn't see this side of him before.

"I want to drink some more." He said loudly. "More drinks for me."

"I think you had enough. Let's go home." I tried once again taking his hand.

"Enough of what? I think you should be the one that needs to take her uptight and sexy a*s home." He slurred. "You are so beautiful." He turned to look at me. His eyes trying to stay focus, but hardly couldn't. "But you are so uptight."

"Sorry if you don't like my behaviour." I said coldly.

His cold hand touched my face, he moved his face closer to me, his breath fanning me- he smelled of mint and alcohol and of Chase. "I like you, way much more than I should be.. I like how cold you are to people and so warm to me, only me." He said and pulled me for a hug and sighed. "I like how you smile and laugh when you are with me, only with me."He whispered and I forgot for a moment about my anger towards him.

"Let's go home. I don't like it here." I said.

He pulled back. "Okay." He said and I was surprised how he actually agreed to come with me. I was so confused with my feelings for him at the moment. I am upset with his comments and at the same time can't help but control my heart beat at his sudden confessions.

Cody returned soon and lead us to a dark empty hallway. Chase's arm was on my shoulder and my one arm was wrapped around his waist. Cody helped him from the other side and we helped him settled at the back of my car.

"Will you be fine driving him home?" He asked.

"I don't know where he lives.. he can stay at my place."

"I can give you his address if you want..."

"It's fine. I have extra rooms at my place." I smiled.

"Okay." He said. "Drive safely and thank you so much. I will finish some of the work here and leave as well."

"Take care and see you around."

"Yup." I said and walked to the driver's side. I drove away with Chase sitting behind my car and complaining about how he feels dizzy and was grumping about something.

"We are almost home." I said to him.

He muttered something, that I couldn't understand.

"No. You just passed my house." He complained.

"I didn't know you lived at that home.. I was taking you to my home."

"No." He slurred. "I don't want to go to your home." He grumbled. "Emilia will be mad if I go home with you."

My heart warmed a little at his words.

"Why would she be mad at you?" I asked.

"Don't ask." He scoffed. "Drop me off to my home."

"How about we go to Emilia's place? Otherwise I have to turn around to go back."

"No. I don't want her to see me like this." He whispered. "I want to go back to my place."He demanded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2M 848K 81
The Highest Ranking: #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Feb-18 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Jan-17 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 21...
62.5M 2.6K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...
194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
73K 3.5K 56
[COMPLETED] [MATURE CONTENT] Rankings:- #1 matureromance 01/01/21 #1 meangirl 13/01/21 #1 boxer 18/01/21 #1 jock 07/02/21 #1 bitch 05/04/21 #1 antih...