𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄─𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐦...

By paradiseearth

[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in... More

cast. + graphics
note from author.
00. prologue
01. earth bound
02. reunited
03. mount weather
04. river monster
05. surprise
06. finding jasper
07. dinner
08. let's take a hunting trip
09. fog
10. oh, hello
11. killer within
12. time limit
13. healing
14. raven
15. the search begins
16. flares
16. the chase
17. best friend
18. hold on
19. oh brother
20. antidotes
21. relief
22. the beyond
23. captive
24. the lucky one
25. faulty
26. the return
27. disease
28. quarantine
29. survival of the fittest
30. observer
31. target practice
32. burn baby burn
33. shortage
34. come home
35. try me
36. revenge
37. pleading
37. revelations
38. ka-boom
39. our home
40. choices
41. war
42. warriors
43. mountain men
44. new beginning
45. serendipity
46. suspicions
47. pretending
48. worries
49. secrets
50. escape plan
51. horror
52. freedom
53. the escape
54. alone
55. alive
56. denial
57. different
58. pain
59. the truth
60. reality
61. (don't) fear the reaper
62. healer
63. no apologies needed
64. revitalization
65. hold on
66. the beginning of the end
67. my brother's keeper
68. empty
69. a memory
70. broken
71. remembrance
72. now I lay me
73. final goodbye
74. innocence
75. surrender
76. another goodbye
77. changes
78. down
79. loud and clear
80. directions
81. breach
82. gameplan
83. now or never
84. safety
85. three simple words
86. coping
87. add it up
88. azgeda
89. fresh start
90. forgiven
91. back again
92. ka-boom (take two)
93. frenemies
94. a ghost
95. tensions
96. crumbling
98. truth
99. divided
100. betrayal
101. last hope
102. surveillance
103. chaos
104. death row
105. hidden
106. remorse
107. hostility
108. chipped
109. family ties
110. EMP
111. together
112. return to arkadia
113. ghost town
114. payback
115. more goodbyes
116. the map
117. signal fire
118. safe passage
119. infestation
120. back to the beach
121. ice nation king
122. to polis
123. up the tower
124. at war in peace
125. between life and death
SEQUEL

97. doubts

10.5K 244 39
By paradiseearth

-Avery-

It was sometime in the night when I awoke.

Our room was empty, Bellamy having gone to the mess hall after I had returned from medical. We hadn't talked about out argument earlier, and truth be told I didn't really want to. I knew what was wrong with Bellamy- he blamed himself. He had been close to tears when I had returned to our room, most likely beating himself up for something that wasn't his fault.

Something had woken me up, but seeing as Bellamy wasn't back yet, I had no idea what it was.

I sat up, pulling on my boots and a jacket just as a loud knock came at the door. That must have been what pulled me out of sleep.

"I'm coming!" I yelled, my voice thick from sleep as I pushed myself to my feet, trying to ignore the pain that shot through my body.

A small wince covered my face as I pulled the door open, my muscles screaming in agony. The pain expression quickly fell from my face at the sight of Harper in front of me, her eyes wide in worry. "You should come outside." she panted, looking over her shoulder down the hall.

I felt my heart drop, "What's going on?" I asked, already out of the room and beginning to follow her down the hall.

Harper began leading me outside, "It's Bellamy, he-"

That was all I needed to hear. I took off running, leaving Harper to try and catch up. A million thoughts raced through my head as I sprinted down the corridors. Was Bellamy okay? Was he alive? Or was he gone?

I could feel my heart breaking at all possible prospects. I couldn't lose him.

I was outside in a matter of minutes, the cool night air causing even more adrenaline to course through my veins.

There was a crowd gathered by the front gates, and I instantly made a beeline toward it. As I got closer, I could see there were two distinct groups formed- Abby, Kane, Octavia and Lincoln and on the other side, Pike, Farm Station, and...Bellamy?

I felt relief blood my body at the sight of my boyfriend in one piece. But that relief soon turned to confusion as I took in the scene-Farm Station, including Bellamy were all handcuffed. I pushed past a couple of people, desperate to get to the front of the crowd and figure out what was happening.

Octavia's worried eyes met mine upon my arrival, "What going on?" I snapped, my eyes flickering to Bellamy who directed his eyes toward the ground, avoiding my gaze.

It was evident I had missed out on something.

No one answered my question, instead, one of the Farm Station members spoke, addressing Pike, "Sir, you should be on the ballot tomorrow."

I felt like I was going to be sick, this man could not be our chancellor. My eyes shot over to Abby, willing for her to diffuse the situation. She met my eyes briefly before looking back toward the crowd.

"That's enough!" Abby snapped, her angry eyes glaring toward Pike before she spoke again, "Take them away." she instructed.

I stood helpless and watched as Bellamy and the others were pulled away, toward the prison ward no doubt. I had just been about to call out for my boyfriend's attention, to ask him what in the hell was going on. Last I had heard from him he was going to get a drink in the mess hall and now he was here.  I didn't get a chance to ask him however, as he spoke first, but it wasn't to me. It was a name in the form of a chant-Pike.

Anger and confused consumed me as the others joined in, their chants filling the night air. I spun to Octavia and Lincoln, fury and wonder in my eyes, "What the hell is going on?" I demanded as the chants faded away into the Ark.

Octavia just shook her head, allowing Lincoln to speak instead, "They tried to move a force out to the Grounders stationed here to protect your camp, they want to get rid of them." he explained, his voice stern.

"Get rid of them?" I echoed, not fully understanding as I glanced back to where Bellamy had disappeared.

Octavia clenched her jaw, her eyes locked on where her brother had been, "They want to kill them."

I felt nauseous as I looked between the two, my eyes wide, "What the hell is he doing?" I snapped, not needing to say his name. Bellamy was on the wrong path here, and it was my job to set him straight.

---

I was fuming as I entered mine and Bellamy's shared quarters. I was furious at Pike, but mostly, I was furious at Bellamy. This wasn't who he was.

I knew he blamed himself for what happened at Mount Weather, but whatever guilt he felt, that didn't excuse trying to murder an army sent to protect us.

I let out an agitated cry as I swiped my arm across the small shelf in our room, knocking all the contents to the floor. Bellamy was supposed to be able to talk to me, to tell me what he was feeling. Instead, Pike got in his head, and planted seeds of doubt and regret. Angry tears fell from my eyes as I stared down at the mess I had made-books, plants and papers littered our floor but what caught my attention was what wasn't there.

The canister containing Finn's ashes had been resting on that shelf before I had left for Mount Weather, and now they were no where to be seen. I scoured the whole room, hoping that Bellamy had just moved them somewhere else, perhaps uncomfortable with the prospect that my brother's remains were resting just a couple of feet away from our bed.

However, when I couldn't locate them, a whole new anger set in. All I could see was red, and the anger only grew as I marched toward lock up.

At the speed I was going, it took me less than five minutes to reach the cell where the prisoners were held.

"Let me in!" I snapped as I arrived in front of the cell, my anger being wrongly placed on one of the guards stationed outside of lockup. He look dumbfounded as he stared back at me. It wasn't often that someone begged to be let in to the cell.

"Open it." I repeated, my voice lowering slightly.

The guard shook his head, still in shock, "We're not really-"

"It's okay," It was Nathan Miller who stepped in, instantly typing in the code that allowed me to enter, "She's okay." he promised.

The minute that door was open I was making my way straight toward a certain curly haired person.

"Where is it?" I snapped, angry tears filling in my eyes as I marched toward him. Bellamy looked up at me, his eyes wide in surprise. "Did you take them!" I snapped, my voice colder than I had ever heard while speaking to Bellamy.

He stood up, his eyes briefly looking back toward the rest of the prisoners who were now watching us intently, "Come here." He whispered, softly taking my arm and leading me away from the others.

I aggressively ripped my arm from his grasp as I looked up at him, clenching my jaw, "Did you take them, Bellamy?" I gritted, my eyes boring into his.

Bellamy still looked confused as he shook his head, "Avery, I don't know what you're talking about." he admitted.

"His ashes! They're gone!" I yelled, causing more people to look over at us. Pike stood from across the room, beginning to make his way over to us. Bellamy turned slightly, holding out a hand to stop Pike, just as I shot him a dirty look. I did not like this man, and I especially didn't like that he was turning my boyfriend into someone I didn't recognize.

Bellamy then turned back to me, his eyes full of sympathy, as well as a bit of hurt, "I would never do that to you." he whispered, dipping his head slightly so he was closer to me.

I took a small step back, feeling regret for accusing him. No matter what was going on with him at the moment, I knew he wouldn't do something to purposely hurt me. I had taken it too far. I shook my head, embarrassed I had even accused him "I'm sorry." I whispered.

He nodded as he reached out for me, "Can we-"

I pulled away for the second time that day, giving him a sad look, "No, I don't have anything to say right now, Bellamy. " I muttered, turning before I changed my mind. I hated leaving him in there, but what I hated more was the person he was turning into. So, I knew that letting him sit in there with Pike and the others was the best thing for both of us.

-an-

uh oh guys! looks like there's some mistrust between bellamy and avery...yikes

hope you all are doing well

-maddy xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 5K 25
' She's a lost girl in her own little world, she looks so happy but she seems so sad. ' - disclaimer: i do not own the 100! all rights to the creator...
21.4K 424 20
you were sent down to earth as part of the 100, with no explanation but to find mount weather, a place of sanctuary. with only a measly class of eart...
304K 6.1K 24
Cora was very well known in the ark, when she and 99, plus one, others were sent to the ground she struggled to adapt to the new surroundings as did...
252K 5.7K 144
[Book One] Twin siblings. Two kids. Brother and sister. Joanna, or Jo for short, Murphy is the twin sister of none other than John Murphy. She was a...