The King's Daughter

By BlankSpacesOfTime

A notorious criminal abducts the King's daughter simply for the challenge. His crimes are a game to him, each... More

Prologue
1 Abduction
2 Arriving
3 Masked
4 Meeting Their Leader
5 Unexpected News
6 Arrogant Fool
7 Rules
8 When She Misbehaved
9 Rebellious
10 Hot Tub
11 Shivers in the Night
12 His Dad Took Over Again
13 Picnic With a Serial Killer
14 The Bodyguard
15 Wedding Dresses
16 Late Night Board Games
17 Small Spaces
18 Stuck
19 The Night Before
20 Here Comes the Bride
21 Then We Were Wed
22 Speak Up
23 Everyone's Afraid of Something
24 Fear
25 Night-Time Escapades
26 River Rendezvous
27 To Love Him or Not
28 Away With Death
29 Rooftop Confessions
30 Attack On The Mansion
31 Matchmakers
32 Do You Love Me?
33 Ecstasy
34 Consequences
35 Aftermath
36 Intimacy
37 Soft Louis
38 The Surprise
39 It Wasn't Meant To Happen This Way
40 Bad News
41 One I Can't Live Without
42 Fleeing The Mansion
43 The Lake House
44 When Everything Changed
45 The Sentence
46 More Trouble
47 Promise Me
48 Don't Underestimate Me
49 Phase One
50 Ill Intent
52 Last Day Alive
53 Princess Aria
54 Two Choices
55 The Queen of Verdelle

51 Undercover

884 68 25
By BlankSpacesOfTime

I was in my spacious closet changing into my nightgown when I realized I wasn't hearing Susan and Gigi's voices anymore. Normally they never shut up as they helped me get ready for bed. As I unsnapped my bra, I heard something behind me. Expecting it to simply be one of my lady's maids, I glanced back.

I panicked at the sight of Silas standing in my closet doorway. Scrambling for the dress I wore today, I quickly held it against me to cover my naked chest. All I was wearing were my panties.

"What the hell, Silas? Get out of here!" I exclaimed, pointing to the door.

Rather than leaving, he took a couple steps further inside the closet and looked around at all my clothes and accessories. "I think I'll stay for a minute. We have things to discuss."

"You aren't allowed in my room! This is extremely inappropriate. I'm not even dressed! Get out." I demanded again, worried about his intentions. "How'd you get past Felix? Where are Susan and Gigi?"

I felt sickeningly vulnerable having this arrogant prince waltzing around my closet like he owned the place while I was basically naked. He was between me and the door so I couldn't make a break for it.

"Oh they were suddenly called down to the kitchen." He said casually. "We're alone for the time being."

"Will you at least let me get dressed?" I scowled at him, worry filling me at the thought of being completely alone with him again.

He glanced at me, giving my indecently dressed body a long look. "Go ahead."

When it was clear he wasn't going to let me change in peace, I frowned. "Some privacy would be nice."

"Its not like I'm not going to see more pretty soon, sweet cheeks. Better get used to it." He said with a smirk.

"What do you want, Silas?" I grumbled, hoping to just get this conversation over with so he'd leave me alone.

"You tried to outsmart me today by having your little guard dog protect you. It won't work, honey. I'll always win. If I want to talk to you, you have to listen to me. Because of that little stunt, I'm gonna have to punish Louis for it." He said.

"Silas!" I exclaimed.

"Unless you'd rather...take the punishment yourself." He cocked his head while his lips curled into an evil smirk.

Dread filled me instantly at the thought of what he had in mind. I was nearly naked and with Louis on the line he could make me do almost anything. I didn't know how to respond, so I just stood there staring in horror.

He laughed at my reaction and shook his head. "I'm kidding. Obviously hurting Louis is the worst thing I could do to you. Even though I'd love to take you over my knee, there's plenty of time for that after that băstard is executed."

I was still speechless, unable to respond to the things he was saying.

"So, just so it's clear. If I want to talk to you privately, you'll let me. Louis will pay if you don't. Got it?" He said.

I nodded, tears filling my eyes. I didn't know what to do. All I wanted to do was launch myself at him and punch his lights out, but I couldn't without endangering Louis. Yet he was going to be hurt again anyway.

"Please don't do this." I whispered.

"This is your fault. It's all on you. You can blame yourself that Louis is about to be brutally beaten." He shot back and dialed a number on his phone.

"No!" I rushed toward him and reached for the phone, but he held it out of reach and gripped my dress which was hiding my nakedness.

He didn't try to take it away. He simply held it in warning, to make it clear that if I tried anything, he would wrench it away from me. My hands clutched the fabric, fearful that he would take it. He held the phone to his ear.

"Time for phase two." He said and then hung up.

"Silas, please." I begged.

"Shh, beautiful." He murmured, reaching up to brush my hair behind my ear.

The contact made me shiver and I pushed his hand away. Glaring, he raised his hand and backhanded me. I gasped, clutching the dress to me, fearful that he would rip it away next. Instead, he turned and left the closet abruptly, leaving me in shock.

He was hurting Louis once again and I couldn't do anything about it. I had to stop this, but I didn't know how. I quickly put my night dress on and covered myself with a robe. One thing was for certain, I had to see Louis. Tomorrow was his last day alive and the next day was execution day. There was no way in hell I was never going to see him again. It was extremely risky, but I needed to see him. I needed to talk to him and hear his angelic voice and feel him.

I waited until very late, around 2AM when I hoped Silas and his minions were asleep. I braided my hair down my back and changed into dark pants and a sweatshirt with a hood. Leaving my room, I found only one guard standing by my door. As I walked past him, I stopped.

"If you ever even think about telling anyone you saw me leave my room tonight, I will destroy you." I threatened, surprised at my harsh words, but I meant every one.

With raised eyebrows, he nodded. "Yes, your highness. I never saw you leave."

"That's right." I nodded in approval and made my way quietly through the palace.

I avoided contact with anyone, even if it was a servant. The servants would gossip about anything and my shenanigans would surely reach the ears of Silas if any one of them saw me. Finding Felix's room in the royal guard's wing, I softly knocked on the door. He opened it, dressed in a simple t-shirt and sweats.

When he saw me, his eyes went wide. "Are you okay, princess? Is something wrong?"

"I need your help sneaking into the dungeon without anyone knowing my identity." I whispered.

"Your highness..." He looked confused.

"Don't ask questions. It's a matter of life or death. So please, just help me do this successfully or someone could get hurt." I said.

He immediately nodded and jumped to help me without any questions. I knew I could count on him. He brought me further down the corridor to a room filled with the guard's equipment. He dressed me in a full guard's uniform, complete with a helmet to hide my face. Even though I was the smallest guard ever, no one would know it was me.

"Come along." He said as he led me through a back way to get to the dungeon.

We passed a couple of servants who hardly gave us a glance. When we arrived at the strong locked doors of the dungeon, Felix went up to one of the guards and handed him a piece of paper.

"We have orders from the prince to check on the prisoner." He said.

"At two in the morning?" The guard sighed.

"He said it was urgent." Felix said casually.

I stayed silent and they ignored me. The first guard unlocked the door and let us through before closing it behind us. Felix stood by the door, nodding for me to go ahead by myself. I squeezed his hand in thanks. Removing the uncomfortable helmet, I walked toward Louis' cell. As I was passing one of the supposedly empty cells, I was startled when a hand reached through the bars and tried to grab me.

Dodging out of the way just in time, I gasped as my back hit the opposite wall. My heart began pounding madly in my chest at the sight of Mason on the other side of the solid bars. He leaned casually against them, giving me a cold grin that didn't have a trace of humor. Gulping, I didn't say anything to him as I hurried further down to Louis.

He was sleeping and looked so innocent where he lay curled up on the cot. I hated to wake him, but the sight of bruises on his face and a dark spot of something that looked an awful lot like blood on his lip and forehead made me tap on the metal bars.

"Louis?" I whispered, afraid that Silas could somehow hear me disobeying him.

He didn't even stir, which made me worry that maybe he was too hurt to wake up. Was he even alive? Had Silas killed him? I turned back to the door. "Felix!"

My loyal bodyguard hurried over.

"Can you unlock this?" I pointed to the lock.

He stammered. "I...I really shouldn't."

"Felix, it's fine I just need to make sure he's okay. That's all. I'm not trying to break him out, I promise. Please." I begged him.

After a moment of me begging him with my eyes, he sighed and pulled out an oddly shaped key. My heart twisted in eagerness to finally be able to touch Louis.

"I'm gonna have to lock you in. I can't take any chances, I apologize." He informed me.

"That's fine." I said as he opened the door and let me in.

He shut it and the sound woke Louis up. He stirred and sat up quickly, seeing me. Confusion filled his face as he frowned and squinted at me.

"Is this a dream?" He asked.

"No, it's real." I stepped over to him as he stood to his feet and I threw my arms around him.

I kissed him hard on the mouth, not caring that he hadn't showered in days. He was still the most beautiful man I'd ever known and I missed him more than anything. I heard him let out a small groan and pulled back slightly.

"Are you hurt?" I asked, even though I knew the answer.

Up close, I could clearly see his lip had been bleeding and his forehead too. There was a dark bruise under one eye. Silas hadn't been lying. He had beaten Louis up. I gently touched his lip with my thumb.

"I'm fine, love." He assured me as he pulled me hand away.

"No, you're not. They hurt you and it's all because of me." I wrapped my arms around him, not knowing how I would ever survive without his embrace.

"What do you mean, it's because of you?" He questioned, making me look him in the eye.

I glanced toward the hall, hoping Felix couldn't hear me. I couldn't tell anyone out there or Silas would find out and kill Louis. But perhaps telling Louis would turn out fine. I needed to tell him, I just needed him to know.

"I have to tell you something, because I can't tell anyone else..." I said seriously as I took a seat on his cot and he sat next to me.

"Tell me." Louis said, taking my hand

"He...he hurts me." I said barely above a whisper as I looked at my lap.

Louis went rigid next to me as his grip on my hand tightened. "Who hurts you?"

"Silas. He won't let me see you and he hits me whenever I don't do what he says." I whispered, feeling my eyes begin to sting.

"What?!" He raised his voice, but I swiftly clapped my hand over his mouth.

"Shh." I urged him fearfully.

Fuming, Louis pulled me against him and kissed my hair. "Why don't you tell someone?"

"He said he'll have you killed." I whimpered.

"What the fûck? Who does he think he is?" Louis said in exasperation as I tried to quiet him down.

"Please be quiet. If he finds out I told anyone he'll kill you." I clutched his clothes tightly while he held me.

"Aria...I'm already going to be killed. You don't have to suffer for me." Louis said.

"I'd do anything for you. I love you." I cried, hiding my face in his warm neck and trying to memorize the feeling of him him against me.

"I love you too, but darling. Tell someone. I don't want him hurting you ever again." He said firmly.

"No, I won't let him hurt you. I can't let anything happen to you." I insisted.

"Aria. I'm going to be dead in two days. Well I guess now it's tomorrow. Please, if you don't tell someone I will." Louis warned.

"No!" I exclaimed, staring him in the eyes pleadingly. "Don't tell anyone, please Louis. I can't let you die. I can't. I'm not going to let them kill you. I'm going to save you and you're going to live. Please Louis, don't leave me alone! I can't do this alone! I love you more than anything!"

I was crying now as I pushed him back against the wall and kissed him fervently. I didn't care if I sounded crazy or desperate. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me back. When he grunted in pain, I jerked back. He held his middle and I swiftly got off him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." I said, reaching into the small bag at my hip and pulling out the first aid supplies I had brought just in case.

"It's okay, I'm fine, really." He lied.

"Take off your shirt." I said.

He raised an eyebrow at the request, but obliged anyway. I winced at the sight of his torso. Bruises littered his midsection and they looked painful. This was all my fault. I handed him a hot water bottle and he gratefully took it, holding it against his head. Then I took out some ointment and kneeled in front of where he sat, gently rubbing it over his bruises. Hopefully this would ease his pain.

"You know you don't have to do this." He said quietly.

"Yes, I do. I don't want you to be in pain because of me." I said.

"And I don't want you to be in pain because of me." Louis replied. "I'll be gone soon enough. You don't have to-"

"Let me do this." I cut him off in a sharp tone. "Please, just let me do this."

He looked down at me sadly and fell quiet, allowing me to help him. I knew that I wouldn't be able to go on without him. For the last year everything had been pointing me to him and now that I accepted him, he was being taken away. It wasn't fair and I wasn't going to stand for it. Something had to be done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 7.9K 91
Unlike his two best friends, Zayn and Niall, Harry has always had stage fright. However, he is definitely not camera shy. What happens when Harry's n...
286K 5.9K 83
Louis and Harry. Enemies. Friends. We all know how this one ends. ;) Warnings include: smut, cussing, fighting, self harm
1.8K 87 13
Harry has spent sixteen years of his life in a castle. Spoiled, cared for, and away from all the horrors of the real world. Louis has spent eighteen...
170K 4.3K 40
!!MATURE CONTENT!! lower case intended there will be trigger above chapters, don't want to spoil anything! you have been warned !! book cover on p...