PAIN | Jasper Hale [1]

By typicalwriternerd

"It all started with a look." Dorothea Summers or "Thea", lost a lot in her short life. After a rather recent... More

~PREFACE~
~PROLOGUE~
~CHAPTER 1: ARRIVAL~
~CHAPTER 2: SCHOOL~
~CHAPTER 3: INCIDENT~
~CHAPTER 5: A PROMISE~
~CHAPTER 6: ACCIDENT~
~CHAPTER 7: THE BIG BAD SECRET~
~CHAPTER 8: VAMPIRES?~
~CHAPTER 9: SUNNY DAY~
~CHAPTER 10: MONSTER~
~CHAPTER 11: PART OF FAMILY~
~CHAPTER 12: IT WAS YOU~
~CHAPTER 13: NORMAL~
~CHAPTER 14: SLEEPOVER WITH VAMPIRES~
~CHAPTER 15: VAMPIRE BASEBALL~
~CHAPTER 16: AWAY FROM HOME~
~CHAPTER 17: I LOVE YOU~
~CHAPTER 18: AWAKENING~
~CHAPTER 19: TOGETHER AGAIN~
~CHAPTER 20: HAPPILY EVER AFTER... OR IS IT?~
Part II

~CHAPTER 4: SHOPPING~

20.9K 571 162
By typicalwriternerd

(edited: 15.08.22)

JASPER didn't show up at school ever since the incident with Jones, and that made me sleep even less than normally. I asked Alice about him, but she only said that he'll be back soon, which didn't make me worry any less. I could of course ask her for his number or something, but I didn't want to seem clingy or intrusive.

We weren't even friends right? I mean apart from a couple of conversations and the Jones thing, we didn't even know each other.

So I stayed quiet and pretended that I didn't care, even when the fact that Jasper got into this whole situation and lost control was my fault.

It was around eight in the morning, as Alice and Rose came to pick me up to go shopping. I was wearing a green t-shirt, jeans and on top of that I wore my brown pilot's jacket. My hair as always was covered by my well worn brown fiddler hat, while my face was free of any make up, showing everyone my unnaturally pale skin and bruise like shadows under my eyes.

All of this turned out to be a slight mistake, as both girls looked drop dead gorgeous. Completely leaving me out, looking like a little exhausted paper boy who stumbled after them.

Fucking great...

"You really need new clothes, Thea, and some makeup" Alice stated as I entered the car, sitting in the backseat.

"Hello, to you too Alice." I mumbled to her, feeling like shit since I only slept for two hours today. I looked at Rosalie who was in the passenger's seat and said "Hi Rosalie."

"Hi." she answered me with a soft smile.

Alice smiled at us as she started the car "Today is going to be so fun!"

"Yeah.." I whispered while looking out the window. The green of the forest greeted me, making me smile softly, as my love for the forest didn't change in the past three years "Hey, can I... can I open my window a bit?"

"Won't you get sick?" Rosalie asked, sounding a bit like a mom.

I huffed out a small laugh and shook my head "Rosalie, it's not like I'll die from an open window. I'll be fine."

Rosalie nodded, before pointing at me "Don't keep it open for too long, Alice likes to drive like crazy."

"Hey!" Alice shined, glaring at her sister.

I just chuckled and opened the window, responding "Sure thing."

The trip to Port Angeles was nice and quiet as the radio was filling in the silence. I actually fell asleep for a moment, waking up as Alice gently shook me awake making me jump.

"Hey, calm down. We just got to Port Angeles." Alice whispered in a soft and calming tone.

I shook away the sleepiness "Okay. Sorry for falling asleep, I didn't sleep so well today."

In fact I almost didn't sleep at all.

"It's okay, come on, let's go shopping." Alice replied with a smile.

I nodded and got out of the car, standing next to Rosalie who had a worried look on her face. I looked at her in confusion, but before I could ask her what's wrong, Alice grabbed both mine and Rosalie's hand, dragging us towards one of the shops.

Once there, both Alice and Rosalie started picking out clothes for me and making me go to try them out. Now instead of feeling like a little boy, I felt like an oversized barbie doll.

"Wait! Aren't you trying anything on?" I asked as they pushed me inside the changing room.

"Not today." said Rosalie with a smirk.

"Today is all about you Miss Summers." added Alice with a happy smile, before closing the curtain of the changing room. I let out a groan but started trying on the clothes.

Thousand clothes later, Rosalie and Alice picked out only seven things that seemed to suit me in their opinion. I wasn't so sure on the other hand, the clothes were rather different from my more casual style.

As I left the changing room, I noticed that Rosalie and Alice were already standing in front of the store with my bags. When I left the shop I just grumbled at them "You made me buy a lot of dresses..."

"Yes, because you looked so cute in them! Isn't it right Rose?" Alice explained, looking at Rosalie somewhat expectantly.

"No, she looked hot in the green one. The rest was cute." Rosalie stated as she sent me a wink.

I went almost as red as my hair, as Alice's eyes sparkled "You're so right Rose! I would love to see Jasper's reaction to seeing Thea in that dress!"

And with that comment my face turned so red that I probably finally matched my hair.

"That was the whole point of buying that dress." Rosalie commented with a mischievous look.

"Hey! Wait w-why would I care about Jasper's reaction to a dress?" I asked, feeling completely embarrassed and confused.

Alice looked at me in pure happiness, responding "You'll see soon enough!"

Before I could continue the conversation, Alice dragged me to the shoe store.

There they made me buy four different pairs of shoes, like who needs that? I only needed my sneakers and leather boots for colder days.

With that bought, I asked "So is that all?"

"Nope! You still need makeup, jewelry, bags and some beauty products." Alice stated with a smile.

I was about to argue that I don't have that much money, when I noticed that I didn't spend any of my money "Wait. You paid for my things?!"

Alice nodded "Yes, it's a gift from us!"

"I can't accept that! How much did you spend on me?! Tell me, I'll give it back." I started to reach for the wallet that I had in my back pocket, when Rosalie grabbed my hand saying.

"Please accept it. You kept our brother out of trouble and you're our friend, let us do something nice for you."

"But Rosalie, that's beyond nice! That's wrong!" I reasoned, feeling uncomfortable.

Rosalie frowned before smiling and saying "Well then how about you buy us something too. Then we'll be even."

"Okay..." I responded, although still feeling uncomfortable.

"Alright then! With this little drama out of our way let's go buy some make up!" with that, Alice dragged us to yet another shop. That's when I realized that it was a bad idea to go shopping with Alice Cullen.

After visiting more stores, we were walking back to the car with our hands full of bags. But as we were walking, I noticed a small pawn shop with jewelry, I stopped walking and said "Hey girls? Could we check out that store?" I nodded towards it.

"A pawn shop?" Rosalie asked with a frown.

"Yeah... I kinda like old things, but you know what. I can go check it out on my own while you can go pack these bags in the car?" I decided that I'll be faster alone.

"Okay, we'll be waiting for you by the car. If anything happens, call us." Alice said before walking away with Rosalie.

As I walked through the shop I wasn't really interested in anything, that is until I saw a beautiful necklace. The necklace was silver with a square emerald stone, I instantly stopped walking and stared at the necklace in wonder.

The color of the stone reminded me of the forest, but then I saw the price and my heart dropped. I could never afford it. So with a heavy heart I made my way out and towards the car.

"Found anything nice?" Alice asked, as I got into the car.

"Yeah... but the price was too high." I answered honestly, with a small shrug.

"Oh? What was it?" Rosalie asked, while Alice started up the car.

"A necklace, with an emerald stone... it was so pretty." I lamented, still thinking about it.

"We can buy it for you." Alice proposed, hand ready to turn the ignition off.

I shook my head "No, you can't. You already spent far too much money on me." Alice didn't look happy at my response, but didn't say anything else. So I changed the subject "How's Jasper? Is he any better?"

Alice's eyes sparkled, as she finally pulled out of the parking spot "Oh! Yes! He told us to tell you that he would like to talk to you on Monday after school! I totally forgot about it!"

"Oh.. what does he want to talk about?" I asked in confusion.

"We don't know, you'll find out on Monday." answered Rosalie, looking both worried and annoyed.

I nodded in confusion, as thousands of questions traveled through my mind. After a few minutes of silence Alice asked.

"Thea?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you feeling okay?" she casted me a worried look in the rearview mirror.

"She's right. You're not looking healthy." added Rosalie with a worried look on her beautiful face "Forgive my choice of words, but you look dead."

I rolled my eyes "I'm sorry, did we go out to spend some time together, or are we here to talk about my lifestyle?"

Alice stated "Both actually."

"Yes, we needed to get you alone and somewhere where you wouldn't run away from us." explained Rosalie as if it was not a big deal.

I felt my temper raise, as I heard what they said, "What? I'm sorry but it isn't any of your business. I'm fine."

"It is our business, because you're our friend!" snapped Alice, her face showing hurt and worry "We want you to be healthy."

I rolled my eyes and looked away feeling like a scolded child "As if you all look any better, you're all cold as ice and pale as if you haven't seen the sun in decades."

"Jasper also wants you to be healthy." added Rosalie, as if my last words didn't reach her "He really cares about you. I know that you don't know him long, just like you don't know us, but don't throw your life and health away." she turned towards me with a sad look in her golden eyes "If not for us, then do it for your adoptive father."

At this moment Alice parked outside Charlie's house, I looked towards both my friends and said "I'll see you on Monday. Thank you for today." with that I left the car, taking my bags and walking inside the house, still feeling their stares on my back.

Bella greeted me as I closed the front door "Hey, how was your shopping trip?"

"Well, officially I have too many clothes. And shoes, like who needs so many?" I responded, dropping my bags on the floor.

"I mean, that's a lot of bags, did you rob a bank to buy all of this?" asked Bella, while looking through the bags.

"The girls paid for most of the stuff..." I stated while taking off my jacket, "Help me carry it to my room."

Bella nodded and grabbed a couple of bags, carrying them to my room at the end of the hallway "That's a generous gift."

"Don't get me even started, I tried to pay for it but they didn't let me." I answered as we walked through the door to my bedroom "At least I've got to buy them a couple of things too. But I still feel kinda bad."

"Yeah... hey so did you ask them about Edward?"

I shook my head "Sorry, I forgot. Besides, you know my opinion on that."

"I just-"

"You just want to confront him. I know, I know." I sighed.

Bella pouted, saying "I'm going to bed. Dad will be back at night, if you're hungry there's some pizza in the fridge."

"Sure, goodnight." I responded while stuffing my new things inside my closet. When I was done, I took one of my favorite books and started reading it, but not a word got inside my brain as I was thinking about Jasper and that I'll see him on Monday.

Knowing that my new friend is okay, I fell asleep feeling a bit more relaxed than normally. 

What did you think about Alice and Rosalie's concern towards Thea? Do you think that they were right?
Jasper wants to talk to Thea, what do you think he'll tell her?

If you have any question or idea please leave a comment ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 16.2K 57
B O O K T W O ; Christina Swan had only managed to survive the first year of supernatural, but things were starting to heat up. She didn't want to f...
172K 6.2K 31
{ROSALIE HALE FAN FICTION} Alina Courson, is the original vampire. She has watched civilisations burn and fall, some even by her hand. She's been alo...
62.8K 1.3K 15
NEEDS MAJOR EDITING!! "Together they're lethal, but apart they would burn down the world" ~ "I dont think they could survive without eachother." ~ "...
310K 2K 11
Cassandra "Cassie" Swan, moves with her twin sister, Isabella "Bella" Swan, to Forks to live with her dad. Having already come to terms with how her...