Welcome to New York

By feverdreamhigh

โ› It's not that I don't believe in love, I'm a strong believer of it actually, I'm just deathly terrified tha... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four

Eighteen

288 14 11
By feverdreamhigh

•• Harry ••

I drove off from the restaurant and the street. The street where maybe it's now Taylor and I's favorite part of New York.

As I gripped the steering wheel, my eyes focused on the road in front of me, I couldn't help but let my thoughts wander around.

I knew somewhere deep inside me that Taylor will love the place I showed her a while ago. From my observations, she seems to like a more serene and a commodious environment. And I figured that it would be a good idea if I finally showed her one of my secret hiding places where I go sometimes when I need to get away from everything.

And it was definitely a good idea.

The way she was amazed and astonished to see this kind of secluded and blissful side of New York, it just made me happy to see her happy as well.

I honestly don't know why, but just the way she was so happy and excited about such a little and simple thing made me realize that Taylor is definitely one of a kind. And she's a kind that's hard to find nowadays.

I abruptly snapped out of my gaze when I realized what I was suddenly thinking about. Why was why all of a sudden thinking about Taylor? Actually, it's not all of a sudden now, sometimes, the thought of her will enter my mind and it she would cloud my head with the thought of her. But when I try to get rid of her and shrug it off, somehow she always finds her way back inside my mind. Was this normal? I honestly don't think so.

I was already mindlessly thinking about Taylor, Taylor Swift. Who just moved to New York roughly almost three weeks ago.

Goodness, Harold. What in the right state of mind are you thinking about? Why are you suddenly so engrossed and amuzed by her?

My self conscious scolded me mentally. I tried not to flinch or quiver at that. Because it would draw attention to Taylor, who was busily staring at the passing streets we drove by.

We're friends, after all. That's why I care.

I reassured myself. Telling myself that it was maybe alright to care about her because we're friends and she probably cares for me too.

But then, my self conscious snapped back again like a burning wildfire sprung back to life.

That's what you always tell yourself, Harold.

I bit the inside of my left cheek as I tried to shrug off the thoughts that were clouding inside my head and focused on the road.

I tried to calm myself down when another thought formed inside my head, again.

Does Taylor think about this as much as I do. Does this bother her too?

I quietly sighed, knowing that these thoughts were pointless. Why were they even entering inside my head anyways?

I continued on driving, without those pesky thoughts forming inside my head for once and drove straight ahead to Brittany's tea shop.

I parked my car in a vacant slot and carefully tried my best to not bump into anything, cautious to not get my car scratched again.

I've recently got my car out of the auto repair shop, which was yesterday. Because I accidentally bumped into a lamppost which caused a small bent below the trunk of the car. And I've learned my lesson not to do the same mistake again. I wouldn't want to spend another hundred dollars on it, and not to mention I also had to pay for the fine.

When I was contented on how I parked my car, I turned off the engine and unlocked the car doors.

Taylor and I both exited the car, I locked the car with the use of my keys and shoved it inside my coat pocket. We directly walked to Brittany's tea shop and I quickly went forward to open the glass door for her. She smiled at me, the corner of her red lips pulling upwards as her cheeks had a tinge of light pink and she went inside and I soon followed.

The scent of lemongrass and chai quickly filled my senses as we entered, the scent wasn't anything too strong that could make anyone dizzy, but in fact, it was quite soothing for the nerves.

Taylor and I found a vacant seat near the counters, Brittany showed up from the back door. Her ample cheeks were shining against the florescent bulbs and her full pink lips formed into a bright smile as she approached us.

"Harry, Taylor, it's good to have you lads back. I've missed you two." Britt greated and gave me one of her best and warmest hugs. I could smell a hint of tea and floral perfume as she pulled away and hugged Taylor as well, also giving her a warm hug.

"Where's Max and Selena?" Britt asked once as she pulled away from Taylor and turned to face the two of us.

"They had other plans, Britt. But I'm sure they'll come and visit you next time soon." I reassured her and she nodded.

She ushered us a menu for the both of us, but I didn't even had to look at the menu because I knew what I already wanted and that's what I usually order whenever I visit Brittany.

"Green tea for the British boy?" Britt asked and I chuckled while slightly nodding my head. Britt knows me too well.

"And what about for the lovely lady, Taylor?"

"I'll try your cranberry tea please." Taylor spoke and kindly returned the menu to Britt.

"Alright, one green tea and one cranberry tea coming up." She chirped, the tone in her voice always seems to be so joyful and merry. It was like Brittany was always happy, even if something unfortunate happens, she'll try her best to put on a gleeful smile and go on with her day.

Another eighties song was playing in the background of the tea shop, the song was quite familiar to me, the title was on the tip of my tongue that I couldn't seem to figure out. I glanced at Taylor who was gazing mindlessly, her electrifying blue eyes was staring far off into a distance and gleaming against the bright light.

How can someone have a perfect set of eyes just like that?

I shrugged the thoughts away from my head that was about to cloud inside my mind. Taylor was humming along with the song that I still couldn't figure what was the title of, and she seems like she was lost in her own world. Just her humming along with the song.

Every now and then I get a little bit terrified
And then I see the look in your eyes
Every now and then I fall apart.

I heard the lyrics of the song, and I still couldn't make out what was the title of the song. And I honestly have no idea why this was even bothering me as much.

"What's the title?" I asked.

I didn't mean to interfere with her. I know it came out a bit ill-mannered of me to do say that, but the words just casually came out from my lips and before I could stop myself, the words were already rolling out of my mouth.

"The song? It's total eclipse of the heart, by Bonnie Tyler." She said promptly, her voice almost seems confident, like she knows what she was talking about.

And she does.

"You're really clever when it comes to eighties music, don't you?" I asked, quite amazed by the fact that that I could probably ask her what title of any song and she'll answer it correctly and without hesitation.

"I do have a fair amount of knowledge, but I'm not like a savvy or anything." She replied and slightly shrugged her shoulders.

"At least you know some of the eighties music, I'm not even familiar with the most of it. Heck, I didn't even knew what was the title until you told me."

"I was quite a bit surprised that you don't know this song. I mean, it was quite popular back in the day. And don't you hear it playing most of the radio stations?" She asked and she slightly knitted her brows as I shook my head.

"Not really." I replied as I leaned my back against the accent chair and rested my hands on the armrest.

"Seriously? Don't you hear the lines like, and I need you now tonight and I need you more than ever?" She asked, slightly singing the chorus of the line. And I have to admit, even though if she was just giving me a sample and singing the likes for me, she has an amazing voice, I could already tell.

She looked at me, not believing that the one she's hanging out with doesn't even have the slightest knowledge when it comes to eighties music. I nodded my head at her.

"Wow, I'm sorry if I'm being like this. I just can't—"

"No, it's alright. I mean, I can't believe it either that I myself, who makes and writes music doesn't even know a quarter of eighties music." I told her and she chuckled lightly, making the atmosphere between us brighter.

"Maybe I could list you a handful of songs that you should listen to, maybe it'll help." She suggested, and I honestly don't know what could go wrong with that.

"Sure, I'd love to." I replied as she beamed gladly.

"Speaking of songs, we actually have a gig later on. Would you still like to come? I could drop you at your flat if you don't want to, it's completely—" I didn't got to finish what I was blabbering about when she cut my off with a smile.

"No, it's fine Harry. I mean, I wouldn't want to miss the show, right? What's the name of the song that you guys will be singing?"

"Story of my life."

"And who wrote it?" She asked more, her curiosity evident on her face.

"Niall help my write it, as well as Zayn. We wrote it a week ago."

She nodded her head and she gazed and stared off at a distance again, her mind wandering to God knows where to.

I heard the back door open with a small creak and Brittany came out with a small antique silver tray with three cups of tea placed on each one of their saucers.

She approached our table with a smile that she never seems to take off. She placed the teacups in front of us gently, careful to not make any of the tea spill. And she placed her own cup of tea and took a small wooden chair from a unused table.

"You lads won't mind if I join you for a cup of tea, would you?" She asked as she sat on the wooden chair and propped herself while Taylor and I replied along the lines of 'no, not at all' and 'the more the merrier'.

She added some sugar and a bit of milk to her tea and offered us some but we both kindly declined and said that the tea she brewed for us was enough for us.

"So Taylor, you're a florist, aren't you?" Britt asked her after Taylor took a sip from her cranberry tea, I could see steam rising up from the bright red drink, it can honestly be mistaken as fruit punch.

"Oh, yes. I started about week ago."

"I'd love to visit your shop once in a while. My tea shop could use some decorating and add a bit of flowers, don't you think? I think it needs a touch of life in here." Brittany said while looking around at her own tea shop. The painted concrete ceiling looking a bit dull after all the years that had passed by. And as much as I hate to admit it, Britt was right. Her tea shop could use some decorating, maybe a few flowers and maybe newly painted wall could do the trick.

"Of course, that wouldn't be a problem. And I could also help you out in decorating the tea shop, if that's alright with you."

"That'll be wonderful, Taylor. And I wouldn't mind the help. Just give me a call when you're available." Brittany told her and Taylor nodded ang gave her a s smile. It looks like it's already a plan.

"Am I invited?" I asked breaking their conversation and they looked at me and chuckled.

"Sure thing Harry, but I think we should take in charge, right Taylor?" Britt asked and raised her teacup at Taylor whilst she nodded her head at Brittany.

"Whatever you say, Britt." I replied and they both chuckled again at me and we all sipped our tea that Britt made.

"Come back again soon, you two. And maybe bring Max and Selena as well." Brittany said, while she accompanied us to my car.

The three of us didn't even noticed that hours had already slipped away. It was just the three of us sipping tea and chatting about particular things. Hours had passed and didn't even noticed that it was already four thirty in the afternoon. Was does time flies so fast when you're enjoying something? It only feels like seconds until you realize it's been hours.

"Britt, are you sure you don't want me to pay for our tea? We've drank quite a lot." I asked and she smiled at me.

Apparently, when we told her that it's been about three hours and we have to go because I have a gig, I told her that I'll pay for the tea she made. But Britt being herself, she refused. She told me that it was alright with her and it wouldn't even cost much. I felt a bit guilty that Britt always makes her amazing tea and gives it to us for free.

"Don't worry about it, Harold. It's perfectly fine with me." She reassured.

"Alright, I'll bring you some coffee grounds when I can to make up for the tea." I told her, and I know she wouldn't say no to that. She always loves the coffee we brew even though I think the coffee we make is nothing any special.

"You know how to make me agree with you Harry. Fine, I'll say yes to that." She agreed and I opened the car door and got inside while Taylor did the same.

"Sure you don't want to come and see me perform? I'm sure the lads would want to meet you." I told Britt and started the engine of the car and she just shook her head.

"I'm sure Harold, maybe another time will do. I'll be managing the tea shop." She replied. That's what she always says. Whenever I'll try and invite her to one of my gigs, she'll decline and say that another time will do. But maybe I should bring the boys to her instead. And I don't know why I've never done that before. I should definitely do that when the lads have the time.

"Alright, we'll be going. Thanks for the tea Britt." I said and I was about to roll up the windows when she suddenly spoke.

"Anytime, and bring Taylor more often. She's such a sunshine." Brittany said in a soft whisper only for me to hear. I gave her a flustered smile and she chuckled at how my cheeks went into a bright shade of pink.

When we finally bid our goodbyes as I pressed my foot on the gas pedal and drove off to the pub, where we would surely arrive in probably less than ten minutes.

As I kept my eyes straight on the road, the thoughts earlier came rushing into my mind once again. And I'm starting to think that I get trivial thoughts when I drive, I think I have to do something about that.

Brittany just told me that I should bring Taylor more often. And that she was a sunshine to be around.

Well, Brit wasn't wrong about that. Taylor is definitely a sunshine.

••

Alright, I know these two chapters sucks. They're a literal mess, and I'm sorry you had to witness that.

But I promise that the next chapter (which is already written and done by the way) will be better.

Until the next one :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 1.6K 19
Taylor had broken up with Jake and the damage Jake caused Taylor was HUGE and who was a shoulder Taylor could cry on for eight months? Harry. It turn...
22.1K 364 16
*Taylor swift and Harry Styles both have bad reputations. They've been strictly warned to stay away from eachother. She's also sworn to never live ag...
16.7K 1K 52
Taylor Swift is living her life too peacefully, she didn't think anything was wrong with it. . . Until she received a box full of things she never th...
21.3K 629 21
"A relationship with no trust is like a phone with no signal, you just play games." [One Shot About Harry and Taylor]