The Alpha's Heart

By anonymousteengirlxo

"You're mine. It doesn't matter where you come from." His hand grips my wrist, stopping me. "You know it matt... More

a/n
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
COVER CHANGE!
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
Epilogue
My other stories + info about the sequel.
The Lunas Wrath is out now!!!

chapter 6

41K 1.1K 84
By anonymousteengirlxo

Eliana POV

He's gone. My wolf whimpers as I brace myself.

A sharp pain sprouts from my arm as Liam digs his claws into it. The mild protection I had while Noah was here, has left with him.

"You bitch, look what you've done!" He snarls into my ear. I clench my teeth and squeeze my eyes shut.

They just kicked my other half out, and they want to blame me? Why am I surprised at this point? I should be used to their shit like this.

"You're the one who insisted to keep her, you disgrace of a son!" A thud is heard as the Alpha punches his son in the face. Liam's hold on me doesn't lessen.

Liam remains silent. I look at him.

"For this slut of dog, you threatened your mother and me? You know why we've been living like this for years, in fear of them, and yet-" The Alpha growls.

Why'd he do that? Why does he want to trap me in this hell of a life and keep me from my mate? Actually, that sounds just like him, but to go against his parents? I don't know anymore, but it disgusts me.

He turns towards me.

"Have you slept with my son? What did you do to seduce him, bitch?" The Alpha yells but I don't turn from him, or lower my gaze.

They've crossed the line.

"Liam, I'm disappointed in you." The Alpha spits in my face and walks away. I cringe and wipe the liquid from my face with my free sleeve.

The pack clears out, everyone going their own way as I remain with Liam. My heart pounds in my ears and I wait for his abuse.

"Babe, we have to talk." Vanessa walks up to us, looking at Liam and sending me a glare.

"Just let me-" He starts, pulling me forward a bit.

"No, no more being around her. Let's go." She snatches his hand off of me and takes him somewhere, I don't watch long enough to see where. I don't ever want to see them again.

I walk dreary to my room, shutting the door and throwing myself on my bed.

My mate was here. My mate, someone meant to be mine. A friend, a lover, a light in this dull world. He came and left, and hopefully, he never comes back. My wolf whimpers harder at my thoughts, we agree again.

I know if he comes back, he'll bring pack soldiers and it will start a feud that didn't have to begin, because of me. He and his pack don't deserve that burden because of me, I'm nobody. I hope he goes home, puts this to the side, and forgets he even met me.

That would be better than his pack members getting hurt.

I touch my arm and draw my fingers along the places he touched me. The stories are right, a mate's touch is one of the most satisfying feelings a wolf could experience.

Of course, mine was taken away from me by this prison of a pack. Anger swells in me as my body trembles and my wolf growls, reflecting my emotions.

A cloud gathers inside me, dark and twisted, adding to the hate that already built up throughout the years.

I've never tried to fight back, I always thought of it as a fruitless thing, but the feeling inside me needs something.

The air seems to hum as goosebumps trial up and down my body. My vision blurs and my breathing quickens.

What's happening to me?

My wolf cries out and dizziness consumes me for a second. I close my eyes and wait for whatever this is to pass. As sudden as it began, it's stopped. Things like this used to happen, but not this bad though. Never this bad.

I exhale and turn to my side, closing my eyes.

I probably won't get any food today so I'll just sleep. When they need me, they'll call.

And I'll go.

***

The morning dawn peaks out from my tiny window and someone shakes me awake.

My eyes widen and I sober from my sleep instantly as I see Liam.

He grips my arm hard, the same place from yesterday and drags me upstairs before I know what's really happening, I stumble on them as he hurries.

What else could he possibly want? It's like 5 am, and he's taken everything meant to be mine, all at once.

He shoves me into an office room I assume is his, from the pungent stench that oozes from every corner of it.

I stand inside, not wanting to touch anything, internally smacking my body to catch up with my mind. He's going to lose it, I got lucky yesterday but by now Vanessa's still having her beauty sleep.

"Who do you think you are to me, Eliana?" He shuts the door behind him and looks up at me.

I keep my eyes up again, making eye contact, but remaining silent.

"You're my toy." He says bluntly.

I narrow my eyes at him. His toy?

"Since I was young you've been my toy, perfectly submissive, useful, and it was fun to see you crumble." He pushes off his door and nears me. I swallow.

"Even now you're being silent like a doll, you know better than to talk back to me." He walks past me but stops before getting too far. His hand appears on my shoulder as I stay still.

"I told you to reject him. If you had, maybe I wouldn't have to do this. Maybe I wouldn't ever have put a hand on you again, but you didn't." He moves so he's in front of me.

"I didn't want to reject him," I say.

Liam stares at me.

"You're not allowed to want, just stay the toy you always were." He grips my shoulder.

He actually sees me as some plaything. Why do I even try to have expectations for this pack, my pack? They lower them every time we meet.

For the short period of time, my mate was here, that dullness that life usually has to it was lifted and for once, I think I saw what it supposed to be like to be alive. It's addicting, even from a small taste. I would've wanted more. I do want more.

"I don't want to be your toy," I state, clenching my fist.

"Eliana, I know you're hurt because your mate left but don't get the wrong idea." His grip on my shoulder tightens, as his fingertips press into my joint.

"I still own you and you still live here, with us, as a slave." He says, pushing me to the ground. I don't look up at him, as his shadow drifts close.

"I just want you to understand that everything you are," His hand slips on to my thigh, stroking it above the thin barrier of my dress. My heart drops to the pit of my stomach as I fight back my disgust. I push against him, but he holds me down.

"...is meant to be used by me." His other hand comes up under my dress. I clench my fist harder and bite the inside of my mouth, struggling against him.

Not this, anything but this. I promised myself.

"Get off of me." I breathe out.

"I said you don't have that cho-"

"I said get off me!" I shout, and the trembling in my body stops. My vision blurs and the world floats for a moment like it did yesterday but different.

Liam freezes. His hand under my dress retreats and he gets up, standing a distance away from me. I stare in confusion as he stands with dead eyes as if he's been possessed. I calm my beating heart and shake my head.

I can be confused later, I just need to get out of his room now.

I scramble up, pulling down my dress and trying to brush off the urge to vomit. I stalk out the room, shutting the door behind me quietly, and quickly making my way back downstairs.

I make it to my basement with no confrontation and close the door, leaning against it with racing thoughts at 5 in the morning.

He froze.

_______________________________________740 ~ 4/24/20

Yup guys this is just a small plot twist introduced now. It won't really matter until later later so don't think this is going to be one of those "superpower" stories.

Also thank you so so much for the support. You guys always lift my spirits! Especially when I'm stuck at home. I hope you're enjoying the story.

I'm in a bit of a writing slump but I'm picking it back up.

XO.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 43.1K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
2.1K 93 17
This is a world where power and dominance stand above anything and everything else. This is a world where you don't want to run around in the dark. ...
370K 16.1K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
3.7M 153K 56
Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alone book! Kaden Reid is known as a rogue w...