Quirkless Rejects

By KrumbleKitty

Izuku Midoriya has grown up quirkless and bullied by his classmates because of this. Inko Midoriya has been c... More

Quirkless Pals
A Quirkless Routine
Trying But Not Really
DEKU DAYS
I'm So Done With It All
Shut Up
Let's Fight Back
Are You On Board?
A Plan Set In Motion
Be Prepared Rejects
A New Man
In Our Final Moments
Happy New Year's!
Those Left Behind
Soft Blossom Bakery
I See You
Into The Dark Undersociety
Life Of Shouta Aizawa
Heroes, Fear Us
It Has Begun
It's Nice To Meet You
Growth Starts Small
Character Analysis
Glass Soul
Miss Me?
The USJ In Full Swing
The Aftermath
Let's Just Have Some Fun!
Call To Arms
Leaving?
Kyota Bridge
UA Sports Festival
Life Is Getting Better
Shoto and Rei
Let Me Out!
New Plans
Preparation
Stain VS. The Quirkless Rejects VS. Iida
Sickness and Repair
The Third World War - START
You Need A Break
Quirkless Rejects - The Official Website
Merry Christmas Quirkless Rejects
Picking Leaders
Goodbye Bubblegum and Doom
Do You Still Want Me?
So Long, Endeavor!
Division
Eliminate Her
We've Got A Plan
Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall
It's Too Late, Kacchan
I'm Back!
Moving Up In The Ranks
Training Camp Attack: Begin!
Training Camp: Protect Kota At All Costs!
Reaching Out
Do We Have A Deal?
Kota and Katsuki, Make A Decision.
Goodbye, Deku.
Run Away, Kacchan
Aftermath of the Camp Attack
Emotional Support
Prepare For War
Prep The War
Kurogiri and the Attack Plans
Hero Provisional License Exam Attack
Uraraka, Aizawa, and Mikumo
Goodbye Mikumo Aizawa, Hello Izuku... Who?
Yakuza Partnership
Christmas Special
Happy 16th Birthday, Chief!
Prep For The Yakuza Attack
!Operation Save Eri!
New Year's Special
We Will Save Him!
The Rescue
Prepare To Start A War
Declaration Of War
The Beginning Of The End
WWQ - Pt. 1
WWQ - Pt. 2
WWQ - Pt. 3
WWQ - Pt. 4
WWQ - Pt. 5
WWQ - Final
Country Building
Next Course Of Action
Europe
Asia
Old Friends
Moving On And Wary Feelings
The Beginning Of The End?
Last Trip
We Will Help You, Izuku.
Goodbye.
The End
Bonus: Afterlife
Author's Note
Quirkless Pals, Actual Website?!

Let Us Talk

2.2K 103 113
By KrumbleKitty

Toshinori walked out of the ceremony hall feeling so... saddened. Distraught. But above all of that, he felt worried. It would seem absurd in his situation and current position to be worried for the enemy but the blonde couldn't help it. Even if it was just the guilt talking, Toshinori could not help but fear for the boy, Young Midoriya, more commonly known as Deku nowadays.

He truly did not mean for any of this to happen.

Toshinori was impulsive. He thought he saw something in the kid, a light, the light of a true hero. But he was wrong...

Or was he?

Young Midoriya was becoming a hero in his own right. As many of the world has thought to view it as though "Deku" and the Quirkless Rejects as the heroes to the quirkless. To the lost and rejected. So Toshinori wasn't wrong, he just failed to push Young Midoriya towards the right path of heroism. Still... the fact that most of the world is slowly turning to the QR's side is what scares Toshinori. He fears that if, well it's beginning to look more like when, a war really starts and is initiated by the Quirkless Rejects, most of the world would fight for them, not against them.

Toshinori has always felt responsible for this whole ordeal but he does not want to be the one responsible for a world war.

He sighed loudly as he entered his apartment and slouched onto the couch. The blonde turned his sunken eyes to his phone he had placed on the coffee table. The former hero had contemplated it multiple times, somehow contacting Young Midoriya. Just to talk, you know?

His stomach, or what was left of it, churned at the thought. Still, he felt that it would be right if he did. What better time than now, before the kid you turned villain cause a literal world war?

He sighed loudly once again before leaning over to pick up his cell phone. He groaned and clutched his side in pain.

How much time do I have left...? He couldn't help but recall his old sidekick, Nighteye, and the future Nighteye foresaw for Toshinori. He shook away thoughts of his impending departure from this world and grabbed his phone.

Toshinori swiped through his Acebook and it landed on... Aizawa. Toshinori sighed.

He had felt something was off about the man recently, especially with his sudden "eye wound." The blonde knew that the monotone man wasn't that reckless to get that injury. He really should have listened to his gut.

It was a long shot, Toshinori knew it, but he had to give it a shot.

He typed out a message and sent it.

< ✩⭐ ALL MIGHT⭐ has come online >

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

I know this is random but I need to talk to you.

- Is his account even active anymore? Toshinori thought to himself. -

< Aizawa has come online >

...

...

...

- He wasn't saying anything, understandably. -

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩:

I won't report you, I just need a word with you.

...

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

Please? Human to human?

Aizawa:

What do you want, Toshinori?

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩:

I won't ask your reasoning but I need to talk to young Midoriya.

Aizawa:

Who?

Oh, Chief Deku.

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

Yeah... Deku.

Aizawa:

What for and why should I help set this up? And why did you contact me or all people?

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

I was partially responsible for his um... turned villainy.

Also you were the only person I knew I could reach to reach him.

Aizawa:

First things first, we do not appreciate the term "villain" here and I will not help you if you address us as such. Secondly, are you talking about that kid you told me you offered your quirk too way back?

...

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

Yeah...

Aizawa:

So you feel guilty and want to try to change things and make amends now?

...

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

Yeah...

Aizawa:

Others have tried for the same reason before you and it did not turn out well so are you sure you really want to do this?

- Wait. What does he mean "others have tried?" -

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

Yes. There is nothing I can do now as I am, he can even bring protection if needed. Just... please let me talk to him, Aizawa.

...

Aizawa:

Fine. When and where?

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

Dagobah Municipal Park Beach, tomorrow, 5pm.

Aizawa:

Specific.

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

You are the most rational man I know, well used to be. I knew you would want specifics.

Aizawa:

Nice. He will be there with protection.

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

Thank you, Aizawa.

Aizawa:

If we find out it is a trap, it is your head first then others following.

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

Of course...

Aizawa:

And change your name, Toshinori. It is unbefitting now.

...

✩⭐ALL MIGHT⭐✩ :

Of course... I guess you are right.

< Aizawa has gone offline >

Toshinori sighed as he put down his phone and slouched back onto the couch. What am I doing? This is such a bad idea! He thought that internally but deep down Toshinori knew that this was a very much necessary thing to happen, for both parties.

He also had a certain... request... for the boy should he continue down this path.

_______________________________

Izuku scowled when he first heard the news from Aizawa that All Might wanted to see him and that Aizawa had gone ahead and set up a meeting point for TOMORROW!

He sighed and pinched his eyes in the apartment. Jester came in from the kitchen.

"Are you ready, Izuku?"

Izuku grinned and opened his blue eyes. "Yeah." He was wearing Mikumo's contacts and makeup so they could go see Bubblegum and Doom and their child, Rena. The couple had been previously informed about Deku's... passing.

He got up and followed Jester to the front door where Grimlin and Anima were waiting. They exited their apartment and made it to Doom's and Bubble's door on the seventh floor.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Grimlin knocked on the door.

A few seconds passed before the door opened to reveal Bubblegum holding a four-month-old baby girl.

"Heya guys! Come in, come in!" She waved them in and closed the door behind the four. They all gathered in the living room. Izuku sat on the pink couch with Anima and Grimlin, Jester sat on an armchair and Bubble did the same on the other side of the coffee table.

Doom came in soon and gave them each a cup of water before settling down on the armrest of Bubble's chair.

"So how are you three?" Izuku asked. "It's only been a month since our last visit and Rena has already grown so big!"

Bubble nodded. "She has, hasn't she? Our Rena has been doing so well but she misses you guys every time you leave, you know?"

Jester held out his hands. "Well then, give her here to Uncle Jester."

Yeah, they had all taken on the honorific titles of Aunt and Uncles. By the way, Jester was surprisingly really good with children. Besides Izuku and a select few, Kouta mainly hung around Jester when they were at the warehouse.

Doom got up and took the baby from Bubble and handed her to Jester. He sat again and watched as Jester made funny faces and played peek-a-boo with Rena.

They all chuckled at the surprised face and giggles of the baby girl.

Izuku smiled and chatted with Bubble and Doom about the ordinary everyday things. Doom still worked at the bakery to pay bills but Bubblegum stayed home with Rena.

Soon Rena was passed to him. Izuku smiled as she reached and tugged gently at his bangs. Never in a million years would he had imagined being an uncle at 15 years old, almost sixteen in two months. Well, one and a half but who was counting. (He was.) He played with Rena, moving her hands up and down as they conversated.

"I wonder if she will get a quirk," Anima thought aloud. Everyone stopped. A question every had been avoiding wince Rena was born. "Sh- she shouldn't," Bubble stumbled over her words. "Neither I nor Doom has one. "Well," Grimlin piped, "the genes could come from one of your parents. A recessive gene."

Izuku nodded. "Some show signs early but it usually comes by four years old. Has she shown any signs of one awakening?"

Both Doom and Bubblegum shook their heads. "No," replied Doom. "Even if Rena does have a quirk, we will still love her. I assume you will too, right?"

It was almost like a threat. Doom and Bubble were both understandably protective of Rena, especially being affiliated with the largest 'villain' organization in the world, even if they were on leave.

Anima grinned and nodded. "Of course! It's not like we don't have quirked embers in the QR, right?"

Everyone hummed and nodded.

"Right!" exclaimed Izuku cheerfully. "She is still welcomed though I must tell you, in six months to a year we are officially starting the war so it might be in yours and in Rena's best interest that you don't-"

"Izuku," Doom cut in, "we are members of the Quirkless Rejects. And still Lights, am I wrong?"

"You are not," Izuku replied.

"Then we will fight."

"Bu-"

"Izuku," Bubblegum smiled softly, "we understand what this could mean and do and what could happen to us. We have already begun to look into places for Rena should the worst happen and I have been talking to a regular form Soft Blossom Bakery whom I have made friends with and trust enough to take care of Rena until the war is over. Though, she will be doing it under false pretense not knowing the real reason of course. We will fight for this cause."

Doom nodded.

"We started this together and we will end it together, Chief Deku."

_______________________________

Izuku sighed as he pulled his tye-dye hoodie on the next day. He brushed his hair and brushed off his black shorts. A blue fake diamond rested in his ear. Izuku put on his mask and sunglasses. He pushed the button and heard a soft *beep* signaling that the sunglasses were on. He pulled his hoodie over his disguise before exiting the bathroom of the apartment.

Aizawa, Jester, and Cateye all stood in front of him.

"Are you ready, Chief?" Cateye asked. Izuku sighed. "As ready as ever."

They all climbed out of the window and began making their way to Dagobah Municipal Park Beach were All Might would be waiting for them. Izuku slipped his hands into the hoodie pocket, running his fingers over the cool metal of his golden handgun. They all had weapons, for protection, of course. He even had his metal soles on his red hightops. They were discreet enough to wear.

As they approached the beach, Izuku took it in. The people had done a great job keeping it clean after he had cleared away all of the trash. The greenette was a little proud of it. They all gathered at the end of the dock, watching as the sun was beginning to go down.

"Ah-"

They instantly all jumped, each whipping out their own weapon and turning towards the voice.

"-Woah! My bad!" It was the deflated form of All Might. "Sorry, I did not mean to give you all a fright." Izuku narrowed his eyes as he stared at the man who tore his dreams to shreds almost two years ago.

"Young Mid-"

"Don't," Izuku cut in.

All Might gave a small bow. "Yes, my bad. It is simply a habit. What would you like me to refer to you as, then?"

"Just Midoriya is fine, for this conversation that is," Izuku replied.

"Not Deku?"

"Not now."

All Might hummed. "Ok, Midoriya." He turned to the others. "I'd appreciate it if we could talk alone." They all eyed Izuku. Izuku waved them off. "Stay close," he ordered. Aizawa, Cateye, and Jester nodded tensely and walked away, stopping where the dock met the sandy beach.

All Might stepped forward and grunted as he bent down and sat, dangling his legs off the edge.

He pats to the left of him. "Well, Midoriya, sit down"

"Why should I?" questioned Izuku, pocketing his gun but still keeping his hand on it in the pocket.

All Might grinned. "I don't have anyone to talk with much nowadays. It is too risky to have children in the hero business but that does not mean I dislike children, or teens, so will you humor me for a bit and sit with me, please?"

Izuku swallowed a sigh and sat by the man. He dangled his feet off of the edge. They hung just far enough that he could feel the small splashes of the cold saltwater on his legs.

"Midoriya, I never did apologize to you," All Might said.

"Is this what thi-"

"Let me speak a bit, young man, before you get all feisty."

Izuku closed his mouth.

"Yes," All Might continued, "this is what this is about. Partially. Midoriya, I failed to see what me careless words would do or mean to someone in your position. A big fail on my part as an adult. I should have known better than to take quirklessness so lightly. After all, I used to be quirkless myself, Midoriya.

Izuku whipped his head to face his former Idol.

All Might grinned softly but did not look at the greenette. "Yes, that is right. Remember how I said that my quirk, One For All, has been passed on many times?" Izuku nodded. "Well, I didn't always have it either. It was given to me by my predecessor. I knew full well how people without quirks were viewed and treated, though it was much lighter back then because quirks were not as popular. With my careless statement on the rooftop and the careless comment in the neighborhood, I trampled all over everything you had already fought through. I apologize for that, Youn- Midoriya."

Izuku looked down. He bit his tongue. "I almost jumped, you know?"

All Might turned to him. "What?"

"A- after you told me, originally, I a- almost j- jumped off that roof."

"Oh... I- I am so sorry, Midoriya."

"I often think about it," Izuku didn't know why he was telling this man, his former hero who was the actual tipping point of Izuku's career, about this, but he was. "I think about what would have happened if I had jumped.

"Midori-"

"Would I have survived? If I did, would I just be a paralyzed being? A doll kept breathing by machines? Or would I have died? I probably would have died. Then the Quirkless Rejects wouldn't have been made. Maybe many lives would be so different. Todoroki would become a hero, Aizawa too. He would still be one. Maybe you would be one, too, if I hadn't made this plan to take you down. Endeavor would be one. Best Jeanist would be alive. Students wouldn't be terrified to continue down their course as a hero either. So many things would have been different if only I had just killed myself that day..."

All Might's face was contorted in sadness and guilt. He opened his mouth but Izuku was quicker.

"I am glad that I am alive though, All Might." Izuku looked at the sun sinking into the water, casting a golden glow on the rippling surface. "Because I am alive the Quirkless Rejects exist. So many people, members or onlookers who don't join but view for the hope, who were crying out found a place and a meaning and purpose in life through this group. I, too, have found a family with them. And now, we are almost ready to fight head-on for that family and hope we have tried so hard to gain. So I am glad I am alive."

Izuku turned to All Might.

"If you came to persuade me to stop this war, All Might, it won't work. I will fight with my comrades, my family, for the world that we envision. So, if you are here to stop us, then I suggest stopping now."

All Might frowned sadly. "I'm afraid that I have no right to tell you not to, Midoriya. I only urge you to think before you act. If war is what you want, war is what you will get, but please think about what and who it will impact within the crossfire. People's lives will be drastically impacted by this, Midoriya."

Izuku cast his eyes down.

"You think I don't know that? Do you think I'm stupid? I know what this will mean. Death... death is inevitable-"

"Do you think you are ready to take upon the burden of taking another's life?" Izuku looked up at All Might. The blonde narrowed his eyes. "Midoriya, even I have taken a life, whether it be villains or civilians I could not save. The weight of another's life taken because of you is not easy to bear. Do you really think a teenager like you is ready to handle that?"

Izuku's body shook. He felt his eyes get wet and choked on his words. "I- I don- I can't- All Might, I-"

He flinched when he felt hands touch his face. All Might took the sunglasses from Izuku's eyes and gently peeled off the mask, setting them on the dock.

"Young Midoriya, look at me."

Izuku tried. He really did. But he could not keep his eyes from adverting from All Mights blue ones. A hero and a vigilant, or villain as the world thinks. He couldn't meet All Might's eyes like this.

"Midoriya..." Izuku let himself be taken into the arms of All Might. His body shook as he tried, and failed, to suppress tears. "I am so sorry, Young Midoriya. I am so, so sorry I could not see that you needed saving back then. I am sorry I was so blind to your pain. Midoriya, if I could change it, I would, I truly would. I'd make it so that you would not have been forced so far as to have to be the one to decide the fate of humanity by yourself."

Izuku shook his head against the older man's chest. "I- it's not y- your fault, A- All Might."

"Oh, Young Midoriya, it very much is," the blonde replied. "It might not have been only me but the blame is still partially on me. I can't change it, Midoriya. I can't take this burden from you. Only you can decide whether to start this war or not. It should not have happened this way... I am so, so sorry."

They sat like that for a few minutes before Izuku finally sat up and wiped his eyes.

"T- thank you..." All Might nodded but did not speak.

"I- I will go on... and I will still fight for the sake of the rejected. I- I cannot back down now, no matter what burden I must bear because of this. B- because t- this is the path I've chosen. The path I have made for myself. I am sorry, All Might, but this war will happen."

All Might let out a small, almost inaudible sigh. "I understand but may I give you one last warning?"

"A warning?"

The blonde nodded. "The man I defeated... he has been alive since the beginning of all quirks."

Izuku's eyes widened. "T- that's impossible!"

"It should be but sadly not. He had the quirk to take others quirks and has been using that to keep himself alive. The first Quirk War was actually his doing. His name is All For One. Every holder of my quirk, One For All, is destined to fight him. All of them died... even my own teacher. I fought him once before and had thought that I had defeated him but apparently not. I believe he has been working behind the scenes for all these years of the dark undersociety. Now All For One is in Tartus, the highest security prison known to mankind and cannot move but I fear that he will find a way to resurface again somehow so, Young Midoriya, please be wary of him. His goals and motives are the exact opposite of yours. You will need to defend everything when it comes to him."

Izuku gulped and looked down. "I- I understand."

It was quiet for a bit before Izuku spoke again.

"A- All Might..."

"Hmm?"

"H- have you already passed on One For All?"

A slight pause.

"I haven't."

Izuku closed his eyes. "Doesn't that mean that it is..."

"I could not find a suitor. The previous candidate I found at UA declined."

"So it is gone? Permanently?"

All Might sighed. "That I do not know. I can still hold my muscle form for a second or two so part of it may still be there and I may still be able to pass it on but that is highly unlikely..."

Izuku hummed. They turned to the sound of footsteps.

Cateye, Jester, and Aizawa stopped behind them.

"We need to leave, Chief Deku," Cateye said, gesturing to how only the very tip of the sun could be seen over the sea.

Izuku got to his feet. "I guess you are right." He held out his hand to All Might who took it and Izuku helped the man up.

"T- thank you for this, All Might." The blonde nodded. He bent down and picked up Izuku's mask and sunglasses, handing them to the greenette. "Thank you as well, Youn- oh."

"Y- Young Midoriya i- is fine," Izuku felt his cheeks burn as he looked away.

All Might smiled softly. "Thank you, Young Midoriya. I wish you the best of luck."

Izuku smiled and waved before they began to walk off.

"Ah, may I have a world with Aizawa, please? He did use to be my coworker after all. I'd like to say my partings."

Izuku looked at Aizawa who nodded. Izuku looked at All Might and nodded. "Sure, but only a minute or two."

_______________________________

Toshinori put his hand on Aizawa's shoulder when the man came up to him.

"You look after that kid, you hear? He... he's taken on too much and I fear for his sanity should he go through with this war Take care of him, will ya?"

Aizawa narrowed his eyes. "You do not need to tell me that."

Toshinori sighed and put down his arm. "I guess you are right." He held out his hand.

"We are both out of hero work, though for very different reasons. Still, it was fun, Eraserhead."

Aizawa took Toshinori's hand and they gave each other a firm shake.

"I wish you the best of luck," he said.

Aizawa gave one of his rare smirks. "Good luck to you as well, All Might."

He watched as Aizawa walked away with Young Midoriya and the rest.

Young Midoriya... All For One... I leave him in your hands. I can only pray that you can handle him and handle what you are about to start. Be careful, Midoriya, be careful...

_______________________________

Shouta walked down the beach with his group. He peered over his shoulder to see Toshinori standing on the dock still, taking in the last of the sunset. Shouta turned to look at Midoriya who lead them towards the parking lot.

-----

"I fear for his sanity..."

-----

Shouta almost chuckled but held it back.

Oh, Toshinori, you have no idea, do you? The kid's already broken...

Midoriya pulled the mask back over his mouth and put the sunglasses on. They instantly turned into angry red dots but Shouta could see the mask pull against the greenettes face signifying that he was actually grinning. Maniacally grinning.

Shouta's expression darkened.

That kid has been a psychopath from the very beginning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 2.8K 19
Quirkless doesn't mean useless but because of how quirkless kids are being treated they often end up dead.. Izuku Midoriya is a kid that was born qui...
746K 25K 41
Life was unfair. Izuku found out just how unfair it was at the tender age of four. quirkless, abused and looked down upon by society and his own moth...
10.6K 217 13
Izuku Midoriya, the middle school student, disappears mysteriously. It is most likely a suicide, as a note and a blood stain are found by the school...
170K 4.2K 37
Izuku Midoriya. The happy, cheerful, cute little boy that we all know and love. His life is going great, besides the fact that it's actually a mess...