Being Saved By The Alpha

By kiara23

I thought I was six. I wasn't. I thought my parents were coming back to find me. They weren't. I couldn't rem... More

Description
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Three

49.5K 1.3K 88
By kiara23

After a while Amy and I go to the barbeque station to get some dinner. It's now almost seven o' clock, which means I have to go find Ashton. I wonder why. 

We pick up paper plates and get a roll. The man behind the barbeque wearing a white apron smiles at us before putting a sausage on our rolls, nodding. We both say thanks before moving to get sauce and Amy gets cooked onion too. I don't really like onion, so I just have tomato sauce on mine. 

We sit down around one of the three bonfires that are now roaring. I can feel the heat radiating off it from metres away. It's surprisingly nice. 

Amy and I sit down on a spare space on one of the logs around the fire. I stretch my les out in front of me and start eating slowly, smiling at the delicious flavour. It's nicer than I thought it would be. 

"So are you enjoying yourself?" Amy asks. 

I nod, grinning. 

Amy grins to. "That's good to know. Ashton will be happy." 

I smile on the inside when hearing that. "He said he wants me to go find him at seven. Do you know why?" I ask. 

She shrugs. "No idea. It's almost seven now. Want to go find him?" 

I nod. "Ok, talk to you later." I say smiling, before standing up and wandering off to find Ashton, carrying my plate with me.  

It doesn't take me long to find him. His intoxicating scent is easy to pin point, and I start to follow it. Eventually I find him talking to Joshua away from the groups of people. They seem to be discussing something important, and Ashton looks excited. 

As soon as I break away from the crowds of people around one of the fires, Ashton turns his head to look at me. One of those cute smiles dances across his face, lighting up his features. He politely excuses himself from Joshua, who just smiles and claps him on the shoulder. A moment later and he has me wrapped up in his arms and his lips pressed against my forehead. A giggle escapes my lips.  

"So why did you want me to find you?"  

"Well aren't we a curious little kitten." Ashton laughs, his arm around my waist as he leads me back into the main area. "You'll just have to wait a little longer." 

I pout up at him.  

He just laughs and kisses my temple gently. "It's a surprise." 

"But I don't like surprises..." 

"Don't worry, you'll like this one." He grins at me. 

I roll my eyes. Guess I'll just have to wait then, not that I want to. I really don't like surprises; the suspense makes me feel weird. I like knowing what's going to happen and when. Having more structure in my life really is something I prefer. 

Ashton leads me back to one of the fires. He lets me finish eating, though I let him have half of the roll seeing as I got full pretty quickly.  

"Ok, you just wait here." Ashton says, that excited smile lighting his face up again.  

I cock my head to the side, a questioning look on my face. 

He just stands and smiles, kissing my head one last time before wading through the crowd again. Once he is in the free space behind the bonfire I'm in front of, he puts two fingers in his mouth and lets out a whistle. Almost immediately everyone's attention turns to him as the chatter dies down. 

"Ok, welcome everyone! I'm sorry for not attending the last few bonfires, but I had some things I needed to do." Ashton smiles at the group of people all looking at him. 

Some people give him knowing little smiles, and I wonder why. 

"As some of you might already know, we have a guest on our territory." Ashton continues. "All of you know one of our finest pack doctors, Jack, and all of you know his back story." 

When Ashton beckons Jack forwards, he walks up with a slightly tight smile on his face. Mandy follows him, her hand in his. I can tell she reassures him.  

"It seems like Jack has found his mate, Mandy." Ashton smiles, clapping him on the back. "But not only has Jack found Mandy, but he's found someone else." 

I watch, slightly confused as Ashton makes his way over to me. The crowd parts for him.  

"Everyone, this is Rosalina. She is Jack's little sister. I would like for you all to welcome her." Ashton smiles, wrapping an arm around my waist.  

Everyone turns to look at me, and I suddenly feel a wave of warmth flood my cheeks.  

The next hour flew by in a mixture of greetings, hugs, cheek pinching, and kisses on the forehead. Everyone seems happy that I'm joining their pack, and they're very friendly. A lot of people say that Jack and I look a lot alike, but I can't see it.  

Jack told me that Ashton would officially accept me into the pack later that night, probably when we're alone. He said that it's calmer when the ceremony is more private.  

Eventually everyone starts to leave after saying hello to me, and before I know it there are only a few people left standing around the dying fires.  

I flop down on one of the legs, sighing in relief. My legs are killing me from standing up on them for so long.  

Arms wrap around me and lift me up, making me yelp, before I'm settled on a familiar lap.  

Ashton buries his face in my hair, his breath swirling down my neck. "You did great, angel." He coos, hands giving my hips a gentle squeeze. 

I smile softly. "I like your pack." 

"Our pack." He corrects. 

I smile as I lean back against his chest.  

Ashton reaches forwards around me and gently takes my left hand in his right one, pulling it diagonally across my chest and over my right shoulder. I turn to the side a little, so I'm not as twisted into such an awkward position.  

"Ready to join my pack?" Ashton questions, his eyes sparkling.  

I nod, smiling again. 

He nods at me to. 

As I watch I can physically feel his wolf leaping to the surface alongside the normal Ashton. His eyes flash gold, and his canine teeth elongate a little.  

I watch as he opens his lips around my inner wrist. I can feel his sharper teeth scrape over the sensitive skin, making heat flare up and my stomach twist into strange knots. Out of nowhere he sinks his teeth into my wrist, making me hiss in a breath.  

He swipes his tongue along my skin to clear away the blood. A shiver runs down his spine. He moves his mouth away from my wrist, lowering my hand into my lap. 

'Can you hear me, angel?' 

I jump at the voice inside my head, my eyes flying wide open. "Whoa!" I exclaim, staring at him strangely. 

Ashton chuckles, gently grabbing my chin in his hand and bringing my face towards his. His lips meet mine as my eyes flutter closed for a moment.  

Ashton smiles at me as he pulls away, hugging me closer. I can feel the joy radiating off him. He presses his face into the crook of my neck, making me giggle. 

"Someone seems happy." I say, poking is head. 

"Of course I am!" He replies, grinning. "My favourite girl has joined my pack. Why wouldn't I be happy?" 

I blush as a smile curls at my lips. I grin and poke him in the side, making him flinch. His doe brown eyes look up to me for a moment, and I raise an eyebrow. A mischievous smile comes to my face as I realise someone is a little ticklish.  

Ashton watches me with slight amusement running behind his features. 

Grinning, I jab him in the sides again. Ashton flinches, yelping. I try not to laugh. But I can't help it. 

"Oh, you think it's runny, do you angel?" Ashton smirks at me. 

"Why yes, yes I do." I smirk back at him. 

Ashton jumps at me, tackling me to the ground. I squeal as he easily pins me to the ground, straddling my hips. He puts his fingers into my sides and starts tickling me, making me shriek with laughter. I thrash under him as tears cloud my eyes. 

"Ok, ok, I take it back!" I gasp in between breaths, trying to frantically push his hands away from me. 

Ashton grins confidentially, sitting back and just watching me while I manage to get oxygen into my lungs. "Yeah, that's what I thought." 

I grin, before putting all my effort into flipping us over so that I'm on top. "Just joking. I still think it's funny!" I tease, tickling him back. 

Ashton starts laughing, trying to get me off him without hurting me. I giggle, pulling my hands back a little. "You owe me for going easy on you!" I chirp. 

Ashton flips us over again, this time firmly pinning my hands beside my head. He lowers his lips down next to my ear, making my heart start pounding out of control. "It doesn't matter; I would do anything for you anyway." 

A blush rises in my cheeks. I blink in surprise. He's so sweet... I grin up at him.  

"Ok, so you remember what I told you about pack rules?" 

"Yep!" I quip. "Obey the Alpha, respect other pack members, and protect the pack, right?" 

Ashton smiles proudly, leaning back. "Perfect. Now with Mind Link, you have to keep up a wall if you don't want anyone hearing your thoughts. After a while it becomes natural, so your thoughts are pretty safe. Try to block me out." 

"Ok." I say, before focusing. My brow furrows as I think I block my mind. It's kind of like a light switch in my brain.  

Ashton smiles. "Good, that's it."  

I giggle happily, and then try to wiggle out from under Ashton. I obviously don't get very far. "Ashton!" I whine. "Get off of me!" 

"Hmm... no." He smirks. 

I pout. "Meanie!" 

"I'm not mean." He snorts. 

"Then prove it. Get off me." 

"No." 

"Meanie!" I cry again.  

He chuckles and I huff. "You're too cute." He teases, lightly tracing my cheekbone with his fingertips. I stare up at him in wonder as my face flushes.  

Gently, Ashton leans down and presses his lips against mine. Like always, they're soft and warm and they make my heart race. His lips mould against mine perfectly, and it's very comforting. His body presses down against mine, pinning me to the ground. 

Not that I'm moving anywhere anyway.  

I giggle softly as Ashton nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck. I feel him breathe in my scent for a moment, before he lets out a satisfied grunt. He pulls me up with him, and wraps an arm around my waist tightly. 

"C'mon, angel. I think it's time we head home."  

"But what about the fires?" I question, tilting my head to the side as a frown creases my brow. 

"One of the older pack members will put them out when they leave." Ashton explains, leading me across the field. Absentmindedly, he draws small circles on my hip.  

"Ok." I chirp. "Do you know what time it is?" 

He checks his phone. "About nine thirty." 

"'Kay." 

"When we get home, I want you to have a shower and go to bed, ok?" 

"Aren't you gonna sleep to?" 

He shakes his heads, making a sad look come to my face. "I just have to fill in some paperwork." He explains quickly. "I'll be there in about an hour, ok angel?" 

Looking up at him, my eyes roll over his face before landing on his worried brown eyes. I find myself nodding my head, though the thought of sleeping in an empty bed is unwelcome. I know I can't stop Ashton from keeping up his Alpha duties, and I don't want to. His pack needs him more than I do.  

I just wish there was something I could do to help, but I don't think there is.

At home, the room is empty when I walk in after having a brief shower. I quickly run a brush through my hair, which is getting really long now. I might have to get it cut, because it's hard to brush.  

The bed feels even emptier. My bed is still in Ashton's room, but I don't use it unless it's just to lie on when Amy comes in and sprawls across the big one.  

Crawling under the covers, I curl up and try to find warmth. I had gotten used to the heat from the bonfire, and from Ashton. Now there's nothing, no one but myself.  

I pull my knees to my chest and close my eyes, wishing for sleep, and for Ashton.

(Ashton's POV)

Sighing, I finally put down my pen after reading through the last of the documents piled up on my desk. I didn't realise how much I actually had; it's well past midnight now.  

I went to check up on Rosy a couple of hours ago, and I was relieved to find her asleep. I knew she was tired; meeting the pack was probably very emotionally draining for her. I admit, I did just stand at the doorway watching her for a moment.  

Joshua's Father, the previous Beta, picks up the paperwork and files them in their appropriate places. Joshua was busy tonight, so Mr Daniels is helping me out instead. I don't feel right keeping Joshua up, let alone staying up this last myself, so having Mr Daniels to help out is a blessing.  

"Thanks for your help." I say gratefully, slumping back in my chair.  

"No problem, son." Mr Daniels chuckles, leaning against the filing cabinet. "Than new girl Rosalina is a stunner." 

"Yeah, she is." I sigh airily, my mind wandering to my mate. "Gorgeous." 

"She's fitting in well, isn't she?" 

"Yeah." 

"Jack seems glad she's back." 

"Yeah." 

"Amy seems glad to have a girl to talk to at home, too." 

"Yeah." 

"You really love your mate, don't you?" 

"Yeah- wait, what?" I snap out of my daze just like that, turning to stare at Mr Daniels wide eyed. How did he...?  

"Ashton, it couldn't be more obvious to a mated man like me. I recognised the way you practically drooled over Rosy. I was like that with my mate."  

I look to the side, fighting off a blush. I'm a guy, I don't blush.  

"So I'm guessing no one else knows." He crosses his arms at me. When I don't say anything, he sighs at me. "Not even Rosy?" 

"How could she?" I sigh, rubbing my temples. "I don't know how to tell her. I really, really want to, but... how will she react? I don't even know how old she is mentally." 

"I believe she's old enough." Mr Daniels says, his voice suddenly serious. "In her head, I mean. Tell her." 

"I will." I say confidentially. "Just... not yet. She still doesn't know the truth about her parents, but I'm leaving that to Jackson." 

He nods. "He should tell her soon though. A relapse wouldn't be healthy." 

"Relapse?" 

"It could happen." He says. "Though I doubt it." 

I nod, feeling my heart flutter painfully. I can't help but worry for my angel.  

"Well, I'm going to head home. You should get to bed to, Ashton. It's really late." 

I nod, and stand up. "Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it." 

"Anytime." He smiles. "You know me and Kaito were good friends." 

At the mention of my Father, I smile bitterly. "Yeah, I know." 

"Same with you and Josh." He smiles again, before turning and leaving. "Night. I'll lock the door on my way out." 

"Thanks." 

I wait until I hear the front door click shut, before standing and exiting the office. I stifle a yawn as I make my way upstairs, wanting to just curl up beside Rosy and fall asleep. 

When I get to the room, I find Rosy trembling. Slight whimpers are tumbling past her opened lips, and sweat is covering her brow. 

I freak out on the inside, and resist the urge to run over and shake her away and demand she tell me what's wrong. Instead, I calmly walk to our bed while peeling my shirt off and taking off my jeans.  

Lying down, I wrap my arms around my little mate. "Rosy, c'mon darling', wake up." I say quietly, running my knuckles down her flushed cheek.  

Rosy's eyes snap open as a petrified scream tumbles from her lips. Her eyes get watery before her bottom lip quivers and she starts to cry.  

My heart aches as I scoop her up into my arms. "Shh, Rosy. Everything's fine. I'm here." I coo quietly, rocking her back and forth while stroking her messy hair flat.  

Rosy grips tiny fistfuls of my hair as she wraps her arms around my neck. I rub her back gently as she stuffs her face in the crook of my neck, hot tears dripping onto my shoulder. I can't help but feel guilty for not being with her. 

"I'm sorry, angel." I whine ruefully, pressing my lips against her forehead.  

She sniffs, wiping away tears with a closed fist. Shaking her head, she mumbles, "P-please don't leave!" 

I tighten my arms around her, feeling another wave of guilt hit me. "I won't." I vow. 

Sniffling, Rosy lets her body slowly relax, muscle by muscle.  

"Want to tell me what happened?" I ask softly, gazing at her tear-stained face. Absentmindedly I reach up and brush lingering tears away with my thumb. I let my hand cup her cheek. 

"I... I had a nightmare." She whimpers.  

"What about?" I coax. 

"Can I ask you a question first?" 

"Of course." 

She turns her big blue eyes up at me, wiping away a single last tear. "What really happened to my parents?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 7.2K 25
My name is Jorden and I'm a ginger. Not to brag or anything but I'm not fat, ugly, or even under weight. Just to save you some time this is kinda a r...
213K 7K 40
Alexi is your average high school junior. He gets good enough grades, he has an amazing best friend, and his family is super caring. But, there is a...
4.5K 107 20
A supernatural love story between a powerful alpha king and a human determined woman. When a magic portal sucks Emma park and drops her in the wolf...
321K 7.4K 48
Kassandra Williams has a few more days left until she turns 18, the age where you can find your mate. When her dad announces she and her twin brother...