Chapter Twenty-Five

I know.

It's been ages.

Sorry.

But at least I finally wrote something to post, right? It took me a while to realise why I wasn't able to continue on with this story for so long, and it was because my writing style has changed. I find it harder to write the way I used to, and I would like to believe I may have gotten better. That's why this took forever, if that makes sense. I'm sorry for not uploading sooner, but I really was having a lot of stuff going on in my life, and this story just felt like an added burden,

Anyway, this will probably be the last chapter before the epilogue. I've tried to tie off loose ends with this chapter, and hopefully it'll make sense.

Thank you to everyone who read and commented, etc. :) It really does mean a lot more than you think. I'm very thankful that so many people enjoy my writing, because it's really all I do nowadays. If people didn't like it, I would be so lost in life :3

Enjoy~

Kiara

*

(Rosy's POV)

Jack looks at me curiously. Sitting in my meadow, a place where I brought him, I can't help but grin and let the afternoon sunlight bore into my back. It's very warm. 

"It's so peaceful here..." Jack sighs, leaning back on his hands. 

"Yeah." I nod in agreement. "I like it here." 

Jack looks at me, his familiar blue eyes glittering. The grass sways around us with the light breeze, seemingly uncaring.  

"So how's Mandy?" I question. 

A faint smile touches Jack's lips. "She's good. Great, actually." 

Resting my chin in my palm, I stare at him pointedly. "So when are you getting married?" 

"What?" He cries staring at me wide-eyed. I burst into a fit of giggles, clutching my stomach. His face - priceless. Though my question was serious, after all, don't mates get married quickly? They always fall in love straight away - it's almost impossible not to. 

"It's ok, I was kidding. It's still too early, even for mates, right?" I laugh quietly. 

Jack scowls, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "You're such an evil child. Ashton's rubbing off on you." He whines. 

I just grin. "You're so stupid." 

He sighs, roll his eyes. "Whatever floats your boat." 

I raise an eyebrow. He shrugs. I grin again. 

"Jack?" 

"Yeah?" 

"What really happened to Mum and Dad?" 

He blinks at me, shock registering on his face before he pales a little. For one long moment, he doesn't say anything. At first, I didn't think he would, but then he did. 

Jack, for the first time, told me the truth about my parents - our parents. He told me about the house we lived in, and my favourite stuffed toy Miah, and he used to push me down the stairs just because he felt like it. 

He told me about how every Tuesday was take-out night, and how the small pack we were a part of all gathered together to celebrate anything from birthdays to Christmases. He doesn't remember much about the other people in the pack, or who I was friends with, but he remembers that the Alpha was kind and powerful.