The Painting || BTS TAEHYUNG

By bangtanpoetry_

Travelling 200 years back in time, The clock is ticking and time is running, But my heart stopped beating wh... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Poisoning curiosity
Chapter 3: Mahiron
Chapter 4: 1819
Chapter 5: The royals
Chapter 6: The first glance
Chapter 7: Decisions
Chapter 8: Regret
Chapter 9: Courtesans
Chapter 11: Confused emotions
Chapter 12: You
Chapter 13: The Wedding Ceremony
Chapter 14: Invasion of Privacy
Chapter 15: Bathed in Blood
Chapter 16: I trust you
Chapter 17: Fairytale
Chapter 18: Waterfall of memories
Chapter 19: Love is timeless
Chapter 20: Uninvited Surprise
Chapter 21: The Truth
Chapter 22: Your Majesty
Chapter 23: Butterflies at Dusk
Chapter 24: Bloodline
Chapter 25: Destination Home
Chapter 26: Far away
Chapter 27: The Moon
Chapter 28: Love in the fields
Chapter 29: Dark storm
Chapter 30: Sacrifice
Chapter 31: Ancient Ceremony
Chapter 32: Blue Rose
Chapter 33 : Masquerade Ball
Chapter 34: Forgive me
Chapter 35: Same sky
Chapter 36: Daegu
Chapter 37: Exhibition
Chapter 38: Ignited Love
Chapter 39: A tale of destiny
Chapter 40: Rainy night
Chapter 41: Autumn breeze
Chapter 42: The same fields
Chapter 43: Secrets
Chapter 44: Enchanted swing
Chapter 45: Bell of Destiny
Chapter 46: Salvation
Chapter 47: Burned Roses
Chapter 48: Realization
Chapter 49: The Last color
Chapter 50: The End
Epilogue

Chapter 10: Spins of new Beginnings

54.7K 3.8K 4.4K
By bangtanpoetry_

I couldn't sleep the whole night while watching the dawn settling on the court and announcing the new day. I just had spent my first night here and the nightmare was still on going. I shut my eyes and leaned my head against the wall when suddenly door got opened and of the courtesan's walked in.

"The castle sent you clothes. The King wants you to dance for him and for the in-laws who just arrived" She explained while rolling her eyes and I froze.

"What did you say?"

"You heared me. Get ready, they are waiting" She handed me the clothes and I frowned.

"I'm not going to dance for them in these ridiculous clothes!" I slapped her hand away.

I was so angry at all of them. How dare they to continue humiliating me after everything?!

"Do you think we want that? Do you think I like to pleasure a man for a few minutes, then for him to leave me when he feels satisfied?" She asked me and my eyes softened she sat next to me on the bed and I silently glanced at her.

"Sometimes life pulls you into a tunnel without a single escape. I also had dreams but I have to survive, survive for my family, for my sick mother.." she quickly wiped her tear away and looked at me. My eyes saddened at the realization of how life sometimes changes people in such a drastic way in order to survive.

"The King actually never wanted any of us to dance for him. Even the clothes he has sent you are nothing a courtesan would wear. So many girls outside of this room are jealous of you because this could be their way out to freedom. You are the first one he's calling so put these beautiful clothes on and do what the King demands from you. He must be impatiently waiting"

She picked up the clothes and handed them to me. I glanced at her and she suddenly smiled warmly at me while nodding at the clothes. With shaking hands I took the clothes from her and unfolded it while she closed the door and left.

I gasped when I held the dress in front of me, it was long enough to cover my whole body with a soft cleavage. I was confused, this white dress was gorgeous. With the detailed embroidery, it seemed like a dress made for the fairies.

I gulped nervously, feeling suddenly anxious.

What are you up to King?

~

After changing and opening my braided hair and letting my soft waves fall down my body I walked to the door where Namjoon was waiting for me. While going I searched in between all the girls who were staring at me for the one who just talked to me.

When I finally found her in a corner with a new born baby my heart dropped.

I waved at her and she and her baby waved back at me. She gave my attire a satisfied look and I smiled nervously. I took a deep breath and walked over to Namjoon, who was standing by the entrance door.

While we were silently walking back to the castle, the layers of my dress were flying in the wind and my heart wouldn't stop racing nervously. My palms were clammy and my cheeks flushed and Namjoon not talking wasn't helping me at all.

At the question "Will you talk, if I slap you?" He just gave me a little smile and I couldn't help but shake my head in frustration.

When we arrived at the other side of the castle, I breathed in the fresh night air for a last time and gave myself a determined nod while running a hand through my wild hair. I was never someone who was comfortable with many strangers around her and tonight my nerves were definitely testing me. My body was literally shaking and my throat was a burning fire, I was ready to run away.

"Open the door!" Namjoon shouted at the guards.

The two young guards opened the heavy doors for us and my eyes opened when the sound of the door echoed and we were faced with a grand hall I haven't seen before. I couldn't dare to put a foot forward until I lowered by head from looking at the ceilings in awe and meeting someone's dark eyes, while proudly sitting on his thrown and staring at me with a tilted head and spread legs.

King Kim Taehyung himself

The same person, who humiliated me and made me cry the whole night but when I met his eyes my heart started racing and I felt dizzy.

I gulped while Namjoon put a foot forward, signaling me to start walking. I shivered while my legs were wobbling but when I glanced at the royals, I found Princess Jugyeong on a lower step, sitting next to the King and giving me a sympathetic worried look. After all, she was the one who helped me and made me her handmaid and that's the only reason I couldn't be mad at her.

My fingers were nervously playing with my not so heavy dress when I suddenly recognized the rude guy with grey hair and metal clothes, yeah it's the angry asshole. He was sitting next to the King's younger brother, Prince Jungkook.

When I glanced to the left side of the throne, I found unknown faces curiously staring at me before my eyes went back to the bad guy of the story, who was caressing his lower lip with his index, his face lowered and dark eyes taking me, giving me no room to breathe.

When I was finally standing in the middle of the hall, my body was trembling and I couldn't look anyone in the eye. I hated them for doing this to me, I hated them for humiliating me more and more.

I clenched my teeth and started and The King in hatred while fighting with sudden tears in my eyes. He was humiliating me again and enjoying the show to the fullest but I refuse to be one of his puppets.

I'm scared because I don't know how the law works in this stupid year. Will I be executed if I just run away? What will happen if I refuse to dance.

I took a step back and the King raised his head. My heart was racing loudly in my head and I was almost panting, I was definitely at the verge of a panic attack when Prince Jungkook suddenly stood up and gasps echoed through the filled hall.

I panicked and stepped back when he started walking towards me, filling the air with his strong aura, similar to the King's. He was coming at me like a black panther, ready to hunt down his food.

I gulped and in a matter of seconds everything went off inside my head and my legs were ready to give in but when I dared to look into his eyes, I froze.

His eyes were soft and worried and this confused me even more. I could feel everyone's eyes bore into us while he took a last step towards me and towered me with his eyes. His black garment was contradictory to my white layered dress and I asked myself what the angels in the heaven were planning for me tonight.

My eyes caught the silver crown sitting on his head which before glancing down and finally meeting his eyes upfront. His eyes screamed trouble and my chest heaved up, angst was pulsating through my blood.

I wanted to take a step back when his fingers suddenly wrapped around my wrist. My eyes widened and he gave me a determined look to keep me still.

"Don't touch-" I hissed and wanted to free myself from his grip when he suddenly pulled me against his chest and I gasped.

"Sshh, you look like a scared little sheep" He whispered and my eyes grew wide. His voice was raspy and not as deep as the King's but strong enough to make you tremble in fear.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered in fear when suddenly the sound of violins took over the silence in the hall.

"Dancing with you" He grinned and slipped his other hand around my waist and pulled me closer. My eyes widened again and tried to push him away. He chuckled and lowered his head to whisper in my ear "If I were you, I'd keep still. My brother is one move away from setting this hall on fire." He chuckled into my ear and I froze.

"What do you mean?" I whispered, my voice trembling in fear. I didn't want him this close to me. I didn't want his hands around me, I didn't want to wear the clothes The King wants me to and dance for him whenever he wants me to.

"This dance was for you alone and not for me to join and now he's angry" He explained as if this was the simplest thing in the whole world. He started moving and i unconsciously followed him.

"Why would you do that?" I whispered, my words scratched my dry throat.

He suddenly turned me around and my back against his firm chest. I exhaled in shock before feeling his lips next to my ear "That doesn't concern you, little sheep" He whispered and turned me back. My dress flew around and I gulped when I met his troublesome eyes again. Nothing compared to the allure of the King's eyes.

I internally wanted to slap myself for thinking about that asshole's eyes while being thrown around in the hall by his younger brother.

"Excuse me?" I stared at him and slowly noticed that I was calming down, his presence was helping.

"I excuse you" He grinned and I looked at him in disbelief. My ears were filled with the sounds of the harp and violins while Jungkook easily moved us around the hall with a smize lingering in his eyes, as if this was his playground and he was enjoying this show to the fullest.

I could the King's with anger filled bore, following every single moves of ours and I don't know what to think or feel anymore. To say that I was overwhelmed wasn't making justice to the inner turmoil I was facing right now. I didn't know if I should feel thankful that The Prince saved me or should I feel scared because the King's eyes are melting fire against my flesh.

"I would at least appreciate a thank you little sheep" Jungkook teased when the last sounds of the harp and violines sounded "Don't call me that" I pressed out and he grinned.

With a last twirl he ended the dance and I was panting against his chest. He stared at me and I immediately tried to take a step back but he grabbed my hand placed a soft kiss on the back of it.

My lips parted in shock while his eyes mischievously looked up at me "Thank you for the dance, Noona" He smiled softly and I shook my head.

I pulled my hand back when suddenly the sound of someone clapping loudly filled the hall. Throughout the dance I tried to avoid the King's stare but when Jungkook and I both glanced towards the throne, my heart dropped in fear.

Anger wasn't justifiably for the look inside in his eyes even from this distance.

"Uh-oh" Jungkook whispered, as if all of this was a joke to him and I had the sudden urge to hit all of my anger onto him, yeah the crown prince.

Before Taehyung could say anything, someone else stood up from his seat "King Taehyung, we've been expecting something else but this woman is a treat for the eyes. She could easily entertain the whole castle. I'd love to have a dance with her."

My eyes widened in shock and I could feel my soul leaving my body. I suddenly had the urge to throw up into his face and slap away every single enthusiasm out of his face.

The hall went quiet and I glanced at Taehyung who caught my eyes.

"This will not happen Prince Byungsu."

The King's deep voice filled the whole hall while holding my gaze.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389 33 15
For centuries, the memories of Taehyung and Hyuna remained hidden, buried deep beneath the surface of time. But then, strange and unexplainable occur...
284K 9.5K 49
You sat with a bounce on the bed, a habit you'd had since you were a child. He walked over, and sat next to you. "How long do you plan to stay in Se...
1.3M 62K 39
My heart ached when I saw him with the princess. She was his fiancΓ©e. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too well that I would never be in her posit...
1.8K 299 9
Taehyung's life turned upside down a certain day, The noble teenager's life turned into full of tragedy..Once happy Taehyung turned into an Assassin...