The Royal Proposal

由 AuthorCYPhere

Emilia Violet Ellis, the Director of Cora's company- is one of the leading electronic companies based in NYC... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 20

2.7K 104 4
由 AuthorCYPhere

Emilia Ellis

"Can I consider this as our date?" He asked while we were settling down for breakfast.

I thought about it. "Sure.." I said.

"Do you have candles or something?"

"Yes, scented candles?" I said as I opened a cabinet that was half filled with different scented candle.

"Oh, wow." He chuckled lightly as he looked at the candles.

We picked lemon mint leaf and he lit it for us and put it in between where were sitting. "I had a different idea when it came to going on a date with you, but this will do." He smiled.

He continued to share stories about him and I found it quite surprising that he and I have quite a lot of things in common-but I didn't tell him that. I avoided sharing anything about me and he didn't seem to mind about that.

The staffs panicked when they saw us eating and apologized about the breakfast.

"Don't worry." Chase brushed them off. "Ms.Ellis and I had a fun time cooking."

And I agreed with him to which they sighed in relief.

Right when we finished our breakfast, he got a phone call from someone and he frowned and excused himself before picking up the call.

I helped tidied up a bit in the mean time. He came back with a small scowl on his handsome face and I wondered what happened.

"Some unwanted thing happened back at my place." He scoffed in annoyance. "I'm sorry, but I have to go..."

"Definitely.." I said.

"Thank you for breakfast, I really enjoyed spending time with you."

I give him a small smile. "I hope everything is good at home. Take care."

"I will see you around. You do have my number now, if you want to hang out or talk. You can call me." He reassured and left after that.

I went to the office to work. I made sure to take care of my sore back, it's getting there.. I hope it will be better soon.

David FaceTimed me and he had a scowl on his face.

"Hi." I said to him.

"Hello Emilia." He started and I tried to figure out his mood. "How was your week?" He give me a sweet smile.

I feel like it's a bait, and cautiously answered, "It was tiring but good, how was your week?"

"Absolutely fabulous." And I could hear sarcasm from his tone.

"That's great.." I said.

"What did you do this week?"

"Just work, what about you?"

"Same old." He said. "Any excitement thing happened lately?"

And I should have mentioned about the incident that happened few days back, but I didn't. I shared how Daniel was not here, but I'm doing fine and things like that.

"I see." He said. "So absolutely nothing special happened?"

"Why are you asking?" I feigned innocence.

"Apparently Dr.Finch is trying to get hold of me because someone was too busy ignoring her call." He looked at me.

"Dr.Finch was trying to get hold of who?" I pretended.

"Daniel is not there, so who is she looking for?" He raised one of his eyebrow.

"About that.."

"Yes, about that."

"I'm fine." I said.

"Care to explain what happened?"

"Honestly David, I really don't want to talk about it. I'm fine."

He glared at me from the other side, but I didn't back down and then he added, "Call her back.Now." And he ended the call and I know he is mad at me.

I called back Dr.Finch immediately and she apologized for calling David- she said she has been trying to get hold of me, but my number was not working and I realized she had my old number.

"The bruise is getting better.. it was sore but it doesn't hurt much now."

"Okay, keep applying ice pack and that cream.." she said. "I was just checking on you."

"Thanks, Dr.Finch." I said.

"No worries, honey. I'm sorry I had to call David, I tried calling in your office but your secretary didn't pick up the call."

"I know, but thank you."

"No worries, have a good day."

"You too." I said.

I debated whether to call David back or not but thought to let him cool down a little.

For lunch, I had salmon. It was delicious- I went for a walk at the backyard in the evening after working a little bit more in the office at home. I wondered, if I had friends-would I be hanging out with them on the weekends? Would things have been different?

Then an idea struck me while I was sitting on the backyard and was watching the water flowing from the fountain. I was walking towards the stairs.

"You seemed pretty excited." I heard Chase's voice and I was surprised he was here, again. I stopped and looked at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I thought maybe you needed company."

"Is everything good, now?" I asked as he approached me.

"Yes." He said. "Everything is good."

I wanted to ask him what happened, but I didn't want to cross any boundary or line.

"What were you doing?" He asked.

I was not sure if I should share any my ideas with him, but then I did.

"I was planning to search for a dog to adopt." I said.

"Oh." He said blinking a couple of times.

"Do you have any plans later?" I asked.

"No." He said.

"Would you like to join me for dinner, then?" I asked.

"Sure."

"Anything you prefer?"

"None." He smiled.

I did let someone know that Chase was joining me for dinner.

"What did you do in the afternoon?" He asked as we were walking upstairs.

"Work." I said. He scrunched his nose.

"Sounds boring."

I accidentally giggle and then quickly covered it with a smile.

He frowned. "You don't have to worry about your reputation. Feel free to laugh, giggle, snort or any funny things. I don't judge, I promise." He said.

"I'm not use to feeling comfortable with people apart from my families." I tell him honestly as we entered my bubble space. That room is solely for relax purpose with gaming stations, music instruments, comics and things like that.

"Very impressive." He said looking at the room. The wallpaper is a mixture of pink, blue and purple. It's one the most beautiful room in the house and I'm really proud of this room. I sat down on the chair near the iMac and he pulled another chair and sat beside me.

"Any idea which breed would you like?" He asked.

"No." I said. "The thought just came to mind and then I decided to come and check it out. I'm nervous."

"It's okay, I'm nervous as well." He said.

"Why are you getting nervous for?" I asked cocking my head slightly on one side.

"We are going to be parents." He said.

I raised one of my eyebrow at him.

"I'm going to support you in this incredible news. I can't wait for us to start a family.." he exclaimed clapping his hands in delight.

"What are you even saying?"I give him a quizzical look.

"Don't worry, you will be a great mom and I'm going to try my best to be a good Dad."

"No." I said shaking my head. "We are not partnering in this."

"Why?" He gasped.

"Because..." I tried to think of a good excuse. "I'm not going to share the ball of sunshine with you."

He rolled his eyes. "The ball of sunshine will be living with you, I will be coming and visiting you guys." He brushed me off, casually.

"No." I said shaking my head in disagreement.

It took him half an hour to convince me why it's a good idea for him to partner with me. No wonder he's a good business man. He's very persuasive and I didn't realize after I agreed that whatever he said didn't make sense at all.

We checked some websites that have puppies put up for adoption. He didn't really mind any breed and said he's fine with whatever I pick. I was confused between a husky and chow chow.

"Help me pick one." I said and looked at him and instead of looking at the screen like I thought he would be, he was looking at me. "What are you looking at?" 

"You." He said smiling. "I have never seen you this excited about anything before."

"I have fair share of excitement and fun." I said.

"You are beautiful." He said and I was surprised by his sudden compliment.

"You too." I blurted out and I felt my cheek burnt in embarrassment.

He laughed. The head thrown back type of laugh and I couldn't help but laugh along with him.

"Oh Emilia." He said as he stroke my hair. "I'm not being funny though. You are so beautiful. You should smile more-your dimples are very fascinating."

"I didn't know my dimples are very fascinating, but I will keep that in mind." I smile.

He smiled at me.

After an hour and half, we finally picked a beautiful white chow chow and schedule a pick up for next week.

I was so excited about it when I got the confirmation and was asked to bring an ID along with us.

"You can still back out." I said to Chase as we were eating dinner.

"I doubt that." He said. "I like the idea of partnering with you." His eyes glimmered.

"How are we going to work it out?" I was so excited.

"We first have to name the baby and then of course have to work out schedule. Most likely I will be here in the weekends."

"This is crazy." I said to him. "David and Daniel will flipped."

"Are they allergic to dogs?" He asked.

"No, but they are not big fans of them either."

"If they have problems, I can of course take it back to my home and you can come and visit us. We can work it out." He grinned.

"I'm so excited." I said to him. "I'm scared too. We both have to work during the day and things like that."

"We will figure out." He said. "When is Daniel coming back?"

"The coming Wednesday." I said.

"Okay. They are not so fond of me, eh?"

"They are not fond of any guys around me."

"If I did have a baby sister, I would most likely behave like them." He laughed.

"I think you will be very relax about things."

"Oh trust me.." he said. "When you get to know me-you will think twice before saying that."

I frowned at his words.

"Don't frown." He said.

"We don't really know much about each other."

"Do you want us to get to know each other?" He asked looking me straight in the eyes.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

981K 23.5K 46
Madeline Bloom is clumsy, complex, and bright; all the while dripping in sex appeal. The 22 year old, seemingly oblivious of her looks has her sights...
5.1M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
121K 3.2K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
67K 3.3K 51
"Stop pestering me. You know I hate it. Why do you do it?" "It's fun teasing you. I love it. I love annoying you". *** "Someone save me". "I'll break...