Queen of the Rogues

By skylar_hopeee

Rumours have it that a certain rogue has managed to create a small pack of rogues. Of course, they're only ru... More

queen of the rogues
of people and strength
of rest and anxiety
of troubles and encounters
of strangers and panic
of plans and escape
of strangers and deals
of sadness and goodbyes
of changes and bonds
of meetings and greetings
of lunas and warriors
of truth and dynami
of the unexplained and her past
of poison and emotions
of friends and families
of mysteries and answers
of novelty and surprises
of origins and family
of old wounds and reunions
of settling and acceptance
of stories and visits
of happiness and news
of grief and decisions
of emptiness and ways
of journeys and memories
of pity and hate
of escape and rest
of findings and wishes
of home and welcomes
of reunion and worries
of sorting and understanding
of findings and solutions
of learning and teaching
of initiation and markings
of ceremonies and beginnings
of now and forever
author's note

of mates and names

27K 1.2K 105
By skylar_hopeee

a missing piece,
a soul apart,
you who complete me,
don't give up

M A D D I E

Owen, Kasen and I froze.

What did he just say?

He just declared that we were mates didn't he? Is he out of his mind? Does he really believe in that? Crazy, crazy people everywhere.

"W-w-wait, woah. What?" Kasen started as he stared at me. He had the same eyes as Chase.

"Chase, she's your mate?" Owen questioned from behind, confusion and unbelief written on his face. He looked at me then glanced back at Chase.

I clenched my fists. "You must really be delusional, aren't you? Look, I don't get your beliefs with mates and whatever, but I am not your mate." I said, trying to sound confident, but even I felt a doubt.

Him standing here beside me, heck, even just his smell had me on edges. When he stared at me, it felt like only the two us were there and that naturally, I should be close to him.

But I made sure to kill those sentiments as they came. What is wrong with me?

Why am I getting so shaken so easily?

It's this guy's fault, Chase.

My so called mate observed me for a while before speaking. "You don't know anything about mates, don't you?" he asked.

As if the initial surprise wasn't enough on the two other wolves in the room, Owen and Kasen turned to me, unbelief settled in their faces.

I crossed my arms.

"Should I remind you pack wolves that I'm a rogue, I'm not exactly familiar with how you live and what traditions you follow."

The rogue life was an endless battlefield. You had to constantly watch your back, you had to be strong on your own. Don't depend on anyone else or else it will cost your life.

We don't have lessons about the myths and legends of the were kind. In the lives of the rogues, survival was the only thing that was thought.

"I understand that you're a rogue, but you should still know about mates." Owen said.

"How long have you been a rogue anyways?" Kasen was curious.

I thought for a while before answering his question. Could I trust them?

Well, it doesn't really matter, right now they hold my life. And it's not like his question was harmful.

"I've always been a rogue."

This seemed to cause more confusion in them. Chase was simply looking at me calmly, thinking and observing me. And I hated it because I felt like he could see right through me and that's not a feeling I'm too welcoming to.

"Always... w-what do you mean by that? How old were you when you were banished anyways?" Owen tried understanding the most out of my minimal answers.

I sighed and looked at him straight in the eye.

"I've never been a pack, I was never banished. I grew up as a rogue. I never had a pack, I don't know who my parents are. Any more questions?" I tried to say as calmly as I could, but that backfired because it sounded coming off angrily.

A short silence, they were trying to get a grasp of the situation.

Was it that hard to understand? I know it seemed impossible that I grew up as a rogue, but when I was younger there were rogues that took pity on me and actually took care of me before they were killed off.

Being raised as a rogue was always a fact and I never thought that it was a sad thing or miserable way to live. All I knew was that I had to survive and live for as long as I can. But somehow, being interrogated by these pack wolves about it, that fact was making me feel sensitive. And I didn't want it to be that way because I took pride in living as a rogue and surviving.

"So you... really don't know anything about mates? Like you don't know what it means that you're the mate of our Alpha?" Owen questioned, pointing a finger at me then dragging it to point towards Chase.

My eyes widened a bit, an Alpha?

Unexpected, but not surprised. He seemed like a high-ranking pack wolf anyways.

"I heard from other rogues that mates are someone like soulmates?" I say, the last word was like poison and I couldn't help saying it with disgust. Was the moon goddess that cheesy? "That they're your other half, your souls are connected. I never really thought it to be..." I looked towards Chase before saying the last word, "real."

I saw Owen snickering a laugh.

Kasen nodded. "Precisely. And yes, mates are real and have been very real. You know that they are your mate by their scent and the first time you see each other." Hmm, makes sense. "Do you want to prove if Chase is your mate?" Kasen asked.

My eyes lit up, so there's a way to prove if someone is your mate or not?

Thoughtlessly, I nodded my head.

Chase eyed the pack doctor, wondering what he was trying to do, but Kasen merely smiled.

"Alright, hold out your hand to Chase." Kasen instructed me. I doubted him for a bit, but decided to hold my hand out anyways, the shackles dangling lightly. It's worth a try. I looked at Chase who was waiting for what he should do. He wouldn't chop my hand off wouldn't he? "Okay, now. Chase hold the rogue's hand, won't you?"

My eyebrows met in confusion. That's it? That can prove that he is my mate?

It didn't take long before Chase raised his hand. If I was being honest, my heart was beating fast with anticipation.

When our skins came in contact, I was jolted up and I quickly took my hand back.

I just felt an electrocuting sensation when our skins touched, but it didn't hurt. In fact, it was the very opposite. Although it was only for a while, it kind of felt... nice?

I rubbed my hand and glared at Chase. What magic did he use? Come to think of it, I felt this too when he captured me and held me by my waist before I was knocked off.

"There you have it!" Kasen cheerfully announced. I turned to him, still confused.

"Mates have a special bond. Whenever you touch, you should feel a shock that starts strengthening the mate bond. Apparently, the shock is very strong when you first meet your mate, but as you start getting along and grow closer, the shock will be natural and it shouldn't surprise you as it did... just now." Owen explained.

"You're all lunatics, aren't you?"

"It's fine if you don't want to believe us. Anyways, it looks like you two have some very important matters to discuss. Owen and I will leave you two lovebirds for a bit." Kasen said and quite dreamily too.

The two started walking away, but before they closed the door, Owen poked his head back to the door. "Don't do anything too... wild." he said and winked at us?

My jaw dropped in disbelief.

Just what are they implying!

When the door closed, I felt like the air suffocated me. I didn't want to look at the man besides me, but that was impossible.

It would practically be a sin not to look at his handsome face.

I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"So? Just because you're my mate doesn't mean anything, pack wolf." I breathed upwards, getting a few strands of my red hair out of the way.

To my surprise, Chase smiled. My heart went oops at that, but I reprimanded it quickly. How dare my heart rebel against me?

"I don't think you understand the meaning of you being my mate, rogue. I'll explain it to you all one day, we have our whole lives ahead of us don't you think?"

I scoffed at him. "I'm not spending my life with you, if that's what you're implying."

Chase feigned pain and held his left chest, but then he bended down, meeting me at eye level and putting his face closer to mine. "Let's see about that." he said, a smile still on his face. I was shocked when he put the stray strands of my hair behind my ear.

Like earlier, the contact of our skins shocked me and seemed to spread to my whole body.

Agitated by his action, I pushed him away which caused him to laugh. He was clearly enjoying this.

How obnoxious.

"It seems you like wasting your time, Alpha, but I don't. As per your deal, I'm afraid I would have to reject it. I'm a rogue, not a pack wolf." I said.

He seemed to remember and he stood up straight again. The smile left his lips and his face turned serious again.

"Then, I should just order my men to attack the group of rogues, no problem with me." he said nonchalantly. As if their lives didn't matter.

"They have done nothing wrong." I say, my voice full of spite and frustration.

Chase thought and nodded. "That's why I'm giving you a choice. You can save them if you stay here."

Again, I scoffed at him. I wasn't stupid.

"You call that a choice? You're holding their lives against me."

"No, you, mate, you are holding their lives. A little sacrifice from you and they all live. I would even be willing to let them stay in that place they are camping in, I wouldn't chase them--"

"That land is unclaimed by any packs." I reminded him. After all, that's the reason why I chose that place.

Chase smiled. "It's easy to extend our pack lands."

I wanted to fight him. He was unfair.

"As I was saying, if you agree, not only will they live, they get to stay in that territory, I will even leave guards around the area to provide protection and if they need it, we can send them supplies. A pretty good deal in your end, don't you think?"

Easy for him to say. His deal was going to cost me freedom. This man was set on making me stay.

I thought for a bit. As he has said, his deal was good.

My people would be protected nonetheless, they would even get supplies.

If only I stayed here...

But I didn't want to.

I looked at Chase. He was supposedly my mate. My destiny. But should your soulmate treat you like this?

I remember Ashley's parents. They were mates and they were very loving to each other.

This set up with me and Chase... it wasn't anything close.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Fine." my heart broke at the agreement. "But you will let me visit them and explain the situation to them."

Chase smiled a victorious laugh and nodded, as if he had already won.

"I'll let you visit them under one condition."

I raised my eyebrow at him.

More conditions? This guy is pushing it.

"What?"

He smiled, but this time, it wasn't a smile that was making fun of me. In fact, it looked like a sad smile.

"I never got your name."

Oh.

Right.

"Maddie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
892K 19.9K 35
Alice Alyssa Wildmer is a werewolf. Her mate has rejected her and caused her pack to rank her lower than an omega. She is abused and when her mate ma...
5.6M 154K 53
Amina was a beautiful, kind, strong, funny werewolf. She witness her family and pack killed by another pack... the bloodmoon pack. Her father was the...
226K 3.3K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...